PDA

View Full Version : have any of you found a glitched el rappy?

XS-Rati
Dec 26, 2002, 08:50 PM
sometimes ill go into an area of f2 and c a GIGANTIC hildebear sized el rappy ... im thinking ooooooooooo rare enemy... think again =[ doesnt drop shit =

Mute
Dec 26, 2002, 09:35 PM
Ya, I've seen dozens of 'em. However, I wouldn't necessarily say they are "glitched."

XS-Rati
Dec 26, 2002, 11:03 PM
how would you define it ... btw one who knows codes would see around him and notice some 1 messed up and didnt do too well of the coding in ultimate like bridges dont match the other side of the bridge there are black holes all over the place which only happen when they mess up in the coding

GCN-Maiku
Dec 27, 2002, 12:49 PM
I've seen several online + offline, I thought they were rare too.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 27, 2002, 12:56 PM
On 2002-12-26 20:03, XS-Rati wrote:
how would you define it ... btw one who knows codes would see around him and notice some 1 messed up and didnt do too well of the coding in ultimate like bridges dont match the other side of the bridge there are black holes all over the place which only happen when they mess up in the coding

You don't know what you're talking about. "Black holes." Whatever.

VulpesMundi
Dec 27, 2002, 01:35 PM
If the big El Rappies were a glitch I'd think they would have been fixed, considering they've been around since version 2. I'm pretty sure they were put there on purpose. My guess is that they were made to randomly appear big to poke fun at Square and their Fat Chocobo.

Jeffiroth
Dec 27, 2002, 05:12 PM
When I first read the title of this thread, I thought it was referring to the El Rappy in that one room in F1. (you know, the "y shaped" one that you can see elenor from in "magnitude of metal" quest)

(*yeesh, that even confused me, but you know what room I'm talking about. . )

In one variation of the Forest layout, the rappy that appears in the middle of this room doesn't drop in like the others, he is already there and sorta acts like he got hit, then he raises up and back down before he comes after you (takes a little more time than the ones that drop in)

XS-Rati
Dec 28, 2002, 10:29 AM
if they fixed it, that would just cause more problems in the coding... and btw if you took the time to read my bio you'd realize im a networking technician and i work with hexadecimal everyday... and binary... not that binary matters really in this situation...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XS-Rati on 2002-12-28 07:30 ]</font>

DirewolfX
Dec 28, 2002, 03:51 PM
Pfft. Networking technician. That doesn't mean you know jack about programming, and especially not game programming, which is a far cry from typical programming applications. I think you've already proved that from your previous posts.

I'll tell you what, if you can tell me what a normal vector is and how it applies to graphics programming, then I'll believe that you understand enough to know what you're talking about.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 28, 2002, 04:39 PM
On 2002-12-28 07:29, XS-Rati wrote:
if they fixed it, that would just cause more problems in the coding... and btw if you took the time to read my bio you'd realize im a networking technician and i work with hexadecimal everyday... and binary... not that binary matters really in this situation...

Take a look at the post above this one. That guy has more knowledge of this subject than you do. How does networking relate to graphics and game programming?.. Mmmm.. I don't see a solid connection. And so you know how to work with numbers in base 16. Do you know how to make a spinning cube using OpenGL? I'm not trying to beat you senseless, but I would prefer if more people stopped trying to sound like they know what they're talking about when they really don't.

Jeffrey
Dec 28, 2002, 11:04 PM
I have never heard anybody in the field of game (or software) development use the word "coding"...
And you seem to be making stuff up...
And just because you got your mom's PC online, it does not mean your a "network technician".
And most developers know how to use the Shift key.

Wow. I'm such an ass.

On 2002-12-28 07:29, XS-Rati wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XS-Rati on 2002-12-28 07:30 ]</font>

Guntz348
Dec 28, 2002, 11:13 PM
how much would i have to pay a mod. to ban these freakin kid from usin the psow website and webboards? XS-Rati that is.

DirewolfX
Dec 29, 2002, 12:30 AM
I have never heard anybody in the field of game (or software) development use the word "coding"...

Actually, I use the word all the time, as in: "I was up late last night coding my CS assignment." But then again, that's a proper use of the gerund of the verb 'to code'.

RagMasterRappy
Dec 29, 2002, 12:34 AM
On 2002-12-28 20:04, Jeffrey wrote:

Yeah, it's usually slang that people pick up when they've been in "the field" for long enough. That term is used more frequently than "programming" by people once you're into it.

Jeffrey
Dec 29, 2002, 11:54 AM
Yeah... Well... I meant as a noun... I guess.

What do I know, I'm just a multimedia scripter.
Recursive functions, binary trees scare me and object arrays scare me.
CS2 is at least eight times harder than CS1 in my school. You need to know assemby and finite mathematics. Oo;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jeffrey on 2002-12-29 09:05 ]</font>

cbearfei
Jan 3, 2003, 07:26 PM
I gave up as a CS major because of some of the required math courses (stupid Discrete math!) It doesn't matter if you're writing a program or the HTML of a web page, most people within the field still call it coding. BTW, since when to Networking Technicians work with the Binary of a system? I'm learning network adminstrations and its mostly understand how networks link up, and how it sends and receives data and how to fix it if the system stops communicating.