PDA

View Full Version : Best way to destroy your computer?

rejay
Aug 23, 2007, 06:28 AM
Whats the best way to destroy your computer due to it crashing, auto rebooting, or anyting at all that would piss you off in the most inapropriate time?
I know theres alot of you who has been tempted. SO let it out! I want ideas, My computer keeps auto rebooting/crashing when:

I was almost done with a report and was about to hit the "okay" button to save then it crashes

I got far in a game and then it auto reboots when I was next to a save point,

playing any game at all, then after 5-10 minutes it auto reboots or crashes

trying to repair it, wasted lots of lots of money but then it still crashes/auto reboots

so I decided to buy a new computer instead and what I'm going to do with this old piece of **** will be a memory I'll cherish for the rest of my life. What would be the best way to destroy a computer that made your life miserable?

amtalx
Aug 23, 2007, 06:30 AM
I had an old P-100 that I pushed out of a 5th story window. That was pretty satisfying.

KodiaX987
Aug 23, 2007, 06:40 AM
Reinstall Windows first, before you start tossing cash out the window.

Kent
Aug 23, 2007, 07:51 AM
First off, make sure you're not using Windows ME. That causes more computer crashes than any virus would.

...And after that, if you're still wanting to break the thing, just use a Mac Upgrade Kit.

http://media.techeblog.com/images/macupgradekit.jpg

Otis_Kat
Aug 23, 2007, 11:45 AM
Make sure you dispose of it properly. Regular garbage? Nope. A scrap yard? I feel like punching people who bring those in right in the face. They're considered hazardous waste and can not go in regular garbage or sheet iron loads at junk yards.

Sinue_v2
Aug 23, 2007, 05:46 PM
Explosives. Pack the case full of black powder and douse it in gasoline. Then make one of those chemical bombs with drain-o and aluminum foil. Fit it in the case along with the black powder if you can.

Also, you can bury the PC before detonating to make the blast more devastating to the PC. It also reduces shrapnel and makes a nice little dirt showering crater. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ABDUR101
Aug 23, 2007, 05:50 PM
I would'nt suggest the explosive one, heh. I've seen first-hand(well, my brother saw first hand, whats left of it anyway) the effects of even a VERY small explosive can do. If the shrapnel from a handgrenade can kill, shrapnel from a PC would just be absurd.

Don't be a douche, just sell your peice of shit for whatever you can, salvage what you can, and dump the rest with your garbage.

Dre_o
Aug 23, 2007, 05:53 PM
Well, I typed up MULTIPLE ways of destroying it but then I looked at Abdur's post and realized that he has the best idea.

Sord
Aug 23, 2007, 06:10 PM
recycle the gold in it

Sekani
Aug 23, 2007, 06:27 PM
Sledgehammer, or other large blunt object.

But please clean up the mess when you're done.

Sexy_Raine
Aug 23, 2007, 08:02 PM
Destroy your computer? Put it in front of train, and watch it get smashed in into pieces.

....or watch this video. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeOpMAJHgvM)
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-23 18:14 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
Aug 23, 2007, 11:12 PM
Just put it outside, remove the side door, and dump charcoal in it (without removing the innards of course), do your usual BBQ preparation, put a little metal grill on it and have a feast! It's safe but guaranteed to destroy the components from the juices, fire, and likely water after you are finished. For chargrilled, put some firestarter paste around the edges. The end result (after cleaning) is a trophy (and conversation piece). If you want you could even put a small glass table top on it (being sure to put rubber feet on the edges of the open case) and it will still serve a practical purpose.

EDIT: One thing though, remove the power supply. It should still be working and generally it's a bad idea to mix fire with such large capacitors.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norvekh on 2007-08-23 21:13 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Aug 23, 2007, 11:20 PM
Leave it outside on your front step, wait for it to disappear, problem solved. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Blitzkommando
Aug 23, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-08-23 21:20, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Leave it outside on your front step, wait for it to disappear, problem solved. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Keep the harddrives if you do that unless you want to have some guy named Bubba as a room mate from the fraud resultant from identity theft.

Weeaboolits
Aug 23, 2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah, try breaking it open, the disk in there looks pretty cool.

Blitzkommando
Aug 23, 2007, 11:37 PM
No need to break them open if they still work. But if the crashes are due to a disk failure, get a star screwdriver (not Philips [+], but actual star ) and yeah the disks should be completely mirrored. If they have grooves or lots of dust on them that could explain crashes and show that it was likely some sort of mechanical failure of the drive.

Weeaboolits
Aug 23, 2007, 11:53 PM
I'm saying if it must be destroyed, I took one apart once, the disc is kinda' cool, pretty thick and it's shiny. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dangerous55
Aug 24, 2007, 12:17 AM
How about using a nice World War 2 era Mosin Nagant rifle. You can find them for around 80 bucks some places. Will blow the hell out of it.

Nai_Calus
Aug 24, 2007, 02:39 AM
Last time I killed a computer I used a screwdriver and my bare hands and just beat the living fuck out of the thing.

It was a Hewlett-Packard. It deserved it.

The hard drive still works, even after destroying the case to get it out, I use it to this day.

Explosions and guns and fire are all good and well, but just strangling the life out of the fucking piece of shit is nice too. I prefer to have nothing between me and the carnage but a tool, and stabbing a computer with a screwdriver is *fun*.

Split
Aug 24, 2007, 10:40 AM
put on a pari of work boots and perform a chikyo chagi falling heel kick. Requires flexible legs.

Eihwaz
Aug 24, 2007, 09:56 PM
On 2007-08-23 15:46, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Explosives. Pack the case full of black powder and douse it in gasoline. Then make one of those chemical bombs with drain-o and aluminum foil. Fit it in the case along with the black powder if you can.

Also, you can bury the PC before detonating to make the blast more devastating to the PC. It also reduces shrapnel and makes a nice little dirt showering crater. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

If I didn't have a great deal of affection for my computer, I would totally do this.

concussionman
Aug 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
Weapon of choice: Trebuchet/ Other slingshot style weapon.

See how far you can launch the sucker.

XReikaX
Aug 27, 2007, 11:37 AM
delete hal.dl

>.>

ShinMaruku
Aug 27, 2007, 06:19 PM
Caustic soda

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 27, 2007, 06:23 PM
Donate it. Someone else could have the time to fix the problems and enjoy the box of parts that could end up as a personal "rig" or public library computer that everyone can use, and by not destroying it, you don't F up the environment/have to go down to the actual electronics/computer/monitor recycling place.

rejay
Aug 27, 2007, 09:43 PM
On 2007-08-27 16:23, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Donate it. Someone else could have the time to fix the problems and enjoy the box of parts that could end up as a personal "rig" or public library computer that everyone can use, and by not destroying it, you don't F up the environment/have to go down to the actual electronics/computer/monitor recycling place.

I would if i could, but I dont want anyone to go through the pain and suffering this god forsaken piece of shit put me through. I need more idea's!!

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 27, 2007, 10:10 PM
Why can't you donate it?

Latest PC Mag about refurbishing an old PC had some sites to look at for donating/exchange, I could grab those if you'd like, or any quick search engine search will yield some results.

After its out of your hands you don't have to deal with it and its problems anymore. Sell it on eBay?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-08-27 20:11 ]</font>