PDA

View Full Version : Soul of Steel

dude3282
Dec 26, 2002, 09:50 PM
I need help with this quest!
Is it really hard once you get past the guards? Is there a secret to getting past them that I haven't caught on to yet? Is there some walkthrough hidden on the site that isn't with the other offline quests?

ABDUR101
Dec 26, 2002, 10:09 PM
The Soul of Steel Walkthrough, along with others for other quests, are coming along slowly and surely.

As for the pattern, just sit and watch the drones for a moment to get down their actions. I only got caught once on the last room, but you really just have to sit and be patient. If you get caught, just keep trying. =)

Muku6
Dec 26, 2002, 10:29 PM
Sit and learn their movement patterns. On Normal and Hard I'd get caught a lot. I sat and learned their patterns though on both. Then when I did the Very Hard run of this quest it was a breeze. I ran past them and didn't get caught once.

Siegfried
Dec 27, 2002, 12:48 AM
What's this I hear about a "Good" ending and a "Bad" ending to this quest? I remember seeing it once before mentioned.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 27, 2002, 07:33 AM
Just alternate endings...

If you complete the side-quest involving SUE and evolve the Mag Cell ELENOR gave you 3 times, you get a little extra dialogue and stuff.

dude3282
Dec 27, 2002, 11:12 AM
I beat it - it was sad, so I guess I got the bad ending. How do you feed the mag cell? I only see it as a quest board item.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 27, 2002, 02:25 PM
You cannot feed it. There are checkpoints at which it evolves.

First: After you check the computer immediately after sneaking past the first guard (RAmar)

Second: After the screen shakes and you hear a rumble, double back and check out the dialogue that takes place between ELENOR and MONTAGUE.

Third: Right before the warp to the Ruins, you'll see some dialogue between SUE and the other two. This ONLY takes places is you did the four quests that involves SUE.

dude3282
Dec 27, 2002, 03:55 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks.

Rolf_Landale
Dec 28, 2002, 09:53 AM
when it evolves does it say something like "The MAG moved"?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 28, 2002, 10:18 AM
Yes...

If you check it in the quest item screen, I believe after the first two evolutions it'll say that it got bigger, while after the final evolution it will say that it got darker.