PDA

View Full Version : G4TV

amtalx
Aug 24, 2007, 01:41 PM
C'mon people, you don't like watching reruns of COPS and Cheaters?!?

Seriously though, F$%# G4. TechTV was awesome, even if the only had 2 hours of content every day. I'd rather watch the screen savers 100x than the crap that's on G4.

Notice: This topic was originally part of PSU is on G4tv right now (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?forum=20&topic=152252)

Duke
Aug 24, 2007, 02:10 PM
G4 is still a good tv network with some okay shows. Attack of the Shows good, as well as X-Play and the new show Code Monkeys, I still prefer South Park. Ninja warriors a bit okay, but Cops, Cheaters, Arrested Development what the hells going on man this isn't the place to put old reruns of shows that were on Fox 1-2 years ago!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Duke on 2007-08-24 12:11 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Aug 24, 2007, 02:11 PM
I like Arrested Developement, but I think it really belongs on another network. :/

Tigerram
Aug 24, 2007, 02:30 PM
I used to really like G4 back at the end of 2003, and watched it all the time. But then I realized G4 was a weekly program network...so they kept showing the same shit over and over again...all the way through 2005. It got monotonous and really stupid to watch after a good while.

I remember when G4 merged with Tech TV, which was the biggest mistake Tech TV could've done. Since that flopped, G4 is just a mere memory now, and I refuse to watch it at all.

My least favorite show speaking of reviews was indeed Judgement Day. Tommy Talarico couldn't rate a game if it came out his rear. If a game didn't have explosives or juggling boobage, he hated the game.
The other guy, forgot his name, he was alright, I thought he was better with the Hidden Treasures part of G4.

Yeah, was cool at one point, but nowadays, G4 is instant phailness!

Duke
Aug 24, 2007, 02:33 PM
I still don't understand why G4 would do this, I mean Cops! and Cheaters, Star Trek! I don't get it. Maybe a little on Star Trek though because of the Trekie fans, but thats about it.

Duke
Aug 24, 2007, 02:37 PM
I did miss that show Arena. It was a good show to watch when you felt bored for a while. Also X-play was much better than Judgement Day so I agree with ya Tigerram. I guess Tommy Talarico blew it when he worked with the dev team to create Advent Rising which was on of the worst Xbox games, and a psp sequel was coming out last year but it got sent to the crapper.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Duke on 2007-08-24 13:20 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Aug 24, 2007, 03:15 PM
Judgment day was biased, how're you gonna' rate a game by your own company? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 24, 2007, 03:51 PM
lol @ Tommy Talarico reviewing Advent Rising on the show.

Omega_Weltall
Aug 24, 2007, 11:01 PM
Dont forget about the Whip Set! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif with your ultra-stereotypical black ganstah host Big C (oh god i hated that guy, made us all look like fools). The cars you want (oohh i want that car but i dont have 50k in the bank to rice up some Lancer) And the Girls you cant have. ( oh wow hot models who'd bang anyone who flashes $200 in thier face) ... thank god that didnt last long.

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 24, 2007, 11:13 PM
TechTV was so much better, i ise to watch it all the time.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 25, 2007, 12:06 AM
I hope they don't put PSU on TV anymore besides today. But then there are always worse shows. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DizzyDi
Aug 25, 2007, 12:39 AM
God do I miss TechTV. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Anime Unleashed was the shit.

Siertes
Aug 25, 2007, 12:55 AM
I miss Extended Play, when they didnt make Adam act like a complete idiot and Morgan wasn't around. (When they actually seemed to care about games)

I only watch G4 now when I'm flipping through channels and see Star Trek: TNG on.

Omega_Weltall
Aug 25, 2007, 01:28 AM
I never cared for Morgan "Manjaw" Webb. and was it me or did every game they reviewed (this goes for ALL of thier review shows), if it didnt have multiplayer it sucks and it should. I forget what game they reviewed but they gave it shit cause it didnt have multiplayer and i'm thinking... "HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY GONNA PUT MULTIPLAYER IN A GODDAMN RPG?!"

Kent
Aug 25, 2007, 01:51 AM
On 2007-08-24 23:28, Omega_Weltall wrote:
"HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY GONNA PUT MULTIPLAYER IN A GODDAMN RPG?!"

...A couple of the SNES Final Fantasies had multiplayer. >_>

Blitzkommando
Aug 25, 2007, 02:24 AM
Tech show networks generally die due to a lack of content. Either they try too hard to get into the nitty gritty details for the technophiles or they dumb it down so much that a lot of the techies that would've otherwise watched the network would be put off and not watch. So, either the network dies from lack of content or they whore themselves out for content for the remaining 18 hours out of the day.

DurakkenX
Aug 25, 2007, 03:23 AM
There was a really good show on TechTV and then on G4TV that was a tech show and was awesome. Loved it, but it got canceled from the network, but i think they still have produce new episodes you can DL.

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 25, 2007, 06:51 AM
On 2007-08-24 23:51, Kent wrote:

On 2007-08-24 23:28, Omega_Weltall wrote:
"HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY GONNA PUT MULTIPLAYER IN A GODDAMN RPG?!"

...A couple of the SNES Final Fantasies had multiplayer. >_>

I think he's getting at games that really shouldn't have multiplayer just for the sake of having multiplayer.

ShadowDragon28
Aug 25, 2007, 07:24 AM
On 2007-08-24 22:55, Siertes wrote:
I miss Extended Play, when they didnt make Adam act like a complete idiot and Morgan wasn't around. (When they actually seemed to care about games)

I only watch G4 now when I'm flipping through channels and see Star Trek: TNG on.

QFT

Sexy_Raine
Aug 25, 2007, 09:34 AM
I hate TV altogether, but I may watch G4 if I'm bored or something. I do like ninja warrior though.

Adam has always been a bum ever since he started on Xplay/extended play. He should just quit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-08-25 08:17 ]</font>

Link00seven
Aug 25, 2007, 10:15 AM
I could go on and on about G4. I used to actually learn something useful when I watched TechTV and it has good quality programming. The Screen Savers, Call for Help, etc. The hosts also knew what they were talking about and actually tried to give you news that was worth your time. Have you watched a recent episode of Attack of the Show? It's ridiculous.

The only show I care about on G4 is Code Monkeys and Star Trek: TNG (not that I can't see that on Spike), but nothing will replace the greatness that once was TechTV.

In conclusion...
http://www.entropyawaits.net/images/techtv3.gif

Otis_Kat
Aug 25, 2007, 11:19 AM
G4, the channel "designed for gamers" is generally hated by the gamer crowd. Now the network is just a mass of bumbling morons who do crap like post random shit they found on the internet that everyone has already seen(AotS). TechTV used to appeal to the sophisticated gamer, who at least knew something about technology. Now it's targeted towards the casual crowd that plays Halo and WoW just because they are popular.

Zantra
Aug 25, 2007, 05:55 PM
X-play is the only thing I even watch, because it used to be on Techtv.
I was part of that whole "Audition to be the new host of AOTS", in San Francisco. And, since I knew that I wasn't going to get on the show, as a host. I called Kevin P. a weasel, and sure enough, there I was on the SF audition episode, calling him a weasel. I even used to post on those forums, but Kevin P. had me banned, and said that "I'd never have to worry about being a host because the Audition was a publicity stunt, to get more people to watch AOTS."
(The ratings for that show, are really low)

They even lost their studios, and now they share the E! studios, in LA.

They're also constantly firing people, and letting people go. They basically, only have 7 or 8 "real" hosts. The rest of the programming, are shows from other networks.

DikkyRay
Aug 25, 2007, 09:34 PM
I Miss cinamatech.
And i agree with Dizzy, AnimeUnleashed was the shit.

But as me and my friends are saying now, if a show fails on a major network, such as Fox or ABC, it goes to G4

Schubalts
Sep 4, 2007, 07:35 AM
Cinematech still comes on, but Anime Unleashed truly was the shit. So many awesome shows I would have never known existed came on Anime Unleashed!

Otis_Kat
Sep 4, 2007, 08:39 AM
Cinematech was good to watch, but it's absolute bull as the only game related show left. Let's throw together cut scenes and stock game play footage of popular games and say we actually did something!

Xplay doesn't count, it's more of a really bad sketch comedy with shallow and biased reviews occasionally.

NPCMook
Sep 6, 2007, 10:55 PM
http://www.twit.tv end of story

FirefoxKyuubi
Sep 8, 2007, 11:24 AM
come on G4TV was dead along time ago with the bashing of every system but the wii...sadly that network went to the dogs, and well every remark is sarcastic with no logic behind it. I can't take them seriously with reviews I'll just stick to EGM when it comes to that. G4TV is like the C ranks of PSU nobody cares about it after a period of time. The only reason I (and many others) like Cinematech is because no one is opening there mouths with BS flying out every sec. just good old fashion game trailers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FirefoxKyuubi on 2007-09-08 09:33 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 8, 2007, 01:11 PM
G4TV could be a lot better if they showed Cinematech instead of Cops or Cheaters all the time.

Cinematech would be a great thing to break up between Ninja Warrior and Attack of the Show...

In fact, the channel would be really great if it were just those three shows and occaisionally The Feed.

NPCMook
Sep 8, 2007, 06:53 PM
I'd rather have my Ziff Davis Network back =

KaffeKane
Sep 8, 2007, 07:01 PM
I hate to admit it, because it makes me ashamed of my brother for yet another choice in bad TV. He watches G4/Tech TV of nowadays...and LIKES it.

Otis_Kat
Sep 8, 2007, 08:38 PM
First off KaffeKane, the Tech TV part doesn't exist anymore, that was the good part. And second, I think your brother deserves a nice big cock punch.

KaffeKane
Sep 9, 2007, 09:59 AM
On 2007-09-08 18:38, Otis_Kat wrote:
First off KaffeKane, the Tech TV part doesn't exist anymore, that was the good part. And second, I think your brother deserves a nice big cock punch.

Just one? He deserves one for every TV show that he watches, and for every time that he's irritated me. That's at least about 50 right there.

EDIT: OH yah...here's something to burn everyone's eyes out with, and even worse, it's related to this topic in a way!. http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=218

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KaffeKane on 2007-09-09 12:25 ]</font>