PDA

View Full Version : Game dissappears after Launcher.

-Hyacia-
Aug 25, 2007, 11:02 PM
So I thought about it, and tried to install the game because I've been in the erm should I play again or not debate. So I installed the game on my PC(Worked fine on it before) and laptop and I start up the game, I hit game or story mode and poof. Nothing happens after, I went to the site and looked up the troubleshooting. My graphics card drivers are up to date and I can't think of anything else, I mean it worked fine before on this computer without me having to do something. So I'm really lost. ._. I've read other threads about people with the same problem also, and well none of it helped. ><

Dj_SkyEpic
Aug 25, 2007, 11:06 PM
Direct X from the cd should work.

Aka
Aug 26, 2007, 03:25 AM
I know of this problem and knew how to fix it but forgot how. Solution is easily found on the official forums but they are down right now.

It should be under Properties when you Right-Click 'My Computer'(I'm assuming you are running WinXP). There should be some sort of program exclusion list or something. I can't really check because I run on Windows 2000 which doesn't have that option. Add PSU to the list and try.

T0m
Aug 26, 2007, 03:18 PM
Before I started to play, I had the same problem. (At least, if you're not seeing anything from Gameguard at all, the same symptons). Dj_SkyEpic's suggestion fixed it for me too, then. But I suppose if you had PSU working before, you'd still have the needed DX drivers.
Maybe there's been a change with your anti virus of firewall in the meantime?