PDA

View Full Version : 13 New FF titles

Nitro Vordex
Aug 26, 2007, 03:14 AM
Yes,you read that right. I got the list from EGM. Get my magazine and list 'em.
(Name),(Platform),(Expected due date)
Final Fantasy XIII, PS3,2008
Final Fantasy Versus XIII, PS3, 2008
Final Fantasy Agito XIII, Mobile(phone), 2008
Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles-Ring of Fates,DS, fall2007
FFVII:Advent Children Complete, Blu-ray movie,2007
Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles-The Crystal Bearers, Wii;), 2008
Final Fantasy XII:Revenant Wings,DS,Fall 2007
Final Fantasy IV, DS, 2008
Final Fantasy Tactics A2, DS, Winter 2007
Final Fantasy XI:Wings of the Goddess,PC PS2 360,Fall 2007
Final Fantasy Tactics:The War of the Lions,PSP, Fall 2007
Dissidia:Final Fantasy(A FF FIGHTER! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif),PSP, 2008

Whew, that was long. Sorry if this is old news by the way. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

www.1UP.com Link for the magazine.

UnderscoreX
Aug 26, 2007, 03:41 AM
So where are the new ones ?

Arcyon
Aug 26, 2007, 04:59 AM
So no news of a FFVII remake http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
Aah well. FFXIII should be good =]

zentetsua
Aug 26, 2007, 06:51 AM
some of these titles are news 2 me. oh yea there prolly won't be an actual ff7 remake we gotta better chance making it our selves than the store shelves ( hey that rymed ). well maybe there is a chance 4 an actual remake release we can always hope.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 07:11 AM
According to my friend who has a friend that works for SE there is an FF7 remake in the works that will be released before FF13 and will have a completely revamped engine, PS3 lvl graphics, and new weapons, summons, etc so that it will be to the original vision of the creator... as FF7 was released before it was finished due to pressure from being so anticipated...this one will be complete.

They are planning to release FF7 and then FF13 as a way to boost PS3 sales through the roof...and honestly it may work, but I don't think it will sell as many copies as they think it will.

DLShAdOw
Aug 26, 2007, 09:21 AM
On 2007-08-26 05:11, DurakkenX wrote:
According to my friend who has a friend that works for SE there is an FF7 remake in the works that will be released before FF13 and will have a completely revamped engine, PS3 lvl graphics, and new weapons, summons, etc so that it will be to the original vision of the creator... as FF7 was released before it was finished due to pressure from being so anticipated...this one will be complete.

They are planning to release FF7 and then FF13 as a way to boost PS3 sales through the roof...and honestly it may work, but I don't think it will sell as many copies as they think it will.

Bull

UnderscoreX
Aug 26, 2007, 09:24 AM
Is this friend of yours imaginary

Katrina
Aug 26, 2007, 09:50 AM
There's also a nex gen (yet unnamed) MMO being developed according to info on Gamespot.

And we all know how well informed and on the money Gamespot is ~sarcasm~

The FF7 remake rumors took off at E3 a few years ago when they were showing the opening sequence of FFVII redone with next gen (PS3) graphics.

Esufer
Aug 26, 2007, 10:38 AM
Old news is oooold.

& Also, Durakken, not only does that news sound far fetched, the fact you claim to have a friend made me explode like a lolcano.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Esufer on 2007-08-26 08:40 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Aug 26, 2007, 10:59 AM
On 2007-08-26 05:11, DurakkenX wrote:

I have a friend that works in nintendo. He says the FF7 tital will be for the wii also!

DizzyDi
Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM
I have a friend that works at Konami and says they're secretly working on a MGS4 port in case the PS3 flops.
Also, theres a sex scene between Crying Wolf X Otacon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_clown.gif

Esufer
Aug 26, 2007, 12:04 PM
I have a friend that works for Spectrum. He says they're making a new console, and a game of FFVII: Advent Children is a launch title w/ Master Chief in co-op mode!!!

ShinMaruku
Aug 26, 2007, 12:37 PM
Lightning can squeeze my Solid Snake anytime!

McLaughlin
Aug 26, 2007, 01:24 PM
On 2007-08-26 07:50, Pixiesugar wrote:
The FF7 remake rumors took off at E3 a few years ago when they were showing the opening sequence of FFVII redone with next gen (PS3) graphics.

That could have been the ending of the Dissidia trailer. The Sephiroth thing with him walking through the flames is in FFVII as well as Advent Children. It's being beaten like a dead horse.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 01:25 PM
This is precisely why people with insider info don't post info, because it's not taken seriously. The fact that you took is as a chance to try to insult is pretty pathetic. Also yes I do realize it is a cliche of "friend of a friend" but that's what told me and he's up for a game tester position with someone I forget and i know someone at EA and I know people from all over, which is like what happens when you actually go out and get contacts.

Anyways, what I posted is what he told me and I have no idea whether it's true or not, but he has never lied to me so it comes down to whether his friend lied to him or i'm lying to you all using a cliche false rumor...Considering what I would know as a reader of this forum (ie everyone reading this) I'd believe this or that my friend's friend is lying.

He also said that SE is only planning to do up to FF15 and also planning on remaking a lot of the older FFs.

All in all from a skeptical point of view I'd call BS, BUT from a business standpoint it would make sense, why not make money from remakes?

McLaughlin
Aug 26, 2007, 01:35 PM
"He's never lied to me but if it doesn't happen I wasn't lying to you all, my friend's friend lied to him."

Nice cover there.

Ask your EA friend about dat Madden for me.

ShinMaruku
Aug 26, 2007, 01:47 PM
I'm more intrested in PE 3.
http://www.hanreader.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/9/090501.jpg

CrimsomWolf
Aug 26, 2007, 01:52 PM
FF VII is one of the most popular FF games, so I would be rather suprised if SE wouldn't do a remake. After all I'm 80% sure that there would be a LOT of people that would buy FF VII just because it's FFVII. That's how magic of remakes ect., works. Well mostly.

Mixfortune
Aug 26, 2007, 02:46 PM
It is pretty bad that half the posts in here are just parroting disbelief and going off the topic, though. You can choose not to believe the source if you'd like, but certainly there's a bit more civil, if not less repetitive methods (as in, a whole crowd of people jumping on it) than the ones shown here.

In the end though, the topic isn't really about Durakken's friend's friend. Back on track before this becomes completely degenerative.

Neith
Aug 26, 2007, 03:23 PM
I believe the PS3-made FFVII shown a while back was just a Playstation 3 tech demo, to show what it's capable of. Since then, there hasn't been any word of remaking the original FFVII- just a lot of spin offs centred in the FFVII world (Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, Advent Children, and the rest).

On topic- can't wait for the Wii Crystal Chronicles- I never got to play the last one, and my Wii needs a game to stop the rapid collection of dust it's getting.

Kent
Aug 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
Not only was it just a tech demo, Square Enix has publically stated that they are not working on a FFVII remake for the PS3.

Oh, and yeah, all of those titles are pretty old news... The newest one to be announced was Dissidia, which was at least a few months ago.

Also... Final Fantasy Tactics A2 and Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings coming out before the end of the year? My DS has never been so happy.

Oh, and for the record...

I have a friend, who has a friend whose uncle gets coffee for the guy who is Vice President of Square Enix, and he says your friend's friend is both lying and fired.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 03:56 PM
Because game companies don't lie so that they look good when they suddenly come out with it? I'm well aware of SE saying that it won't and has no plans to publicly, but a lot of companies say one thing and do another.

Also Kent SE wouldn't fire someone over something like that unless it is true simply for the fact that it's more likely people will buy a PS3 in anticipation over that than FF13 and then when it doesn't come out would buy FF13. This makes your insult both dumb and not thought out well enough to as it turns out to be an insult to yourself. Good job on that one.

Weeaboolits
Aug 26, 2007, 04:06 PM
FFXIII^13! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Which one is 13, is that the MMO one, or was hat 12?

DizzyDi
Aug 26, 2007, 04:15 PM
XI(11) was the MMO, 12 was offline.
Square has already stated they plan on making a buncha FFXIII spin-offs.
And they also haven't ruled out the possibility of an FFVII sequel, but Tetsuya Nomura is too busy with his other games to even start it.

Mixfortune
Aug 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
On 2007-08-26 13:56, DurakkenX wrote:

Also Kent SE wouldn't fire someone over something like that unless it is true simply for the fact that it's more likely people will buy a PS3 in anticipation over that than FF13 and then when it doesn't come out would buy FF13. This makes your insult both dumb and not thought out well enough to as it turns out to be an insult to yourself. Good job on that one.

It doesn't matter if you're on the defensive in this situation or not, my post was directed towards you as well. Next person to bring up this ridiculous side argument is going to end up with a site warning.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 26, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-08-26 11:52, CrimsomWolf wrote:
FF VII is one of the most popular FF games, so I would be rather suprised if SE wouldn't do a remake. After all I'm 80% sure that there would be a LOT of people that would buy FF VII just because it's FFVII. That's how magic of remakes ect., works. Well mostly.

And do you know WHY it's the most popular? Not because it was good. It wasn't good. It's because that 97% of the newer RPG players started with that one.

Yes, I did play and beat the game. Too easy. Never died even once. No character individuality. Lamest final boss in RPG history, to date. Lamest and whiniest main character in RPG history, to date. About the only GOOD things I can say about the game were the music and the summoning cinematics.

A remake of that travesty of a game would be a bad thing. Leave it where it is. Dead.

Actually, the true travesties were FF 8, 10 and 10X.

Edit- I know this is an open invitation to flames by the fanboys, but do I care? NO! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blue-Hawk on 2007-08-26 14:41 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Aug 26, 2007, 05:14 PM
I liked VIII, it was fun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DizzyDi
Aug 26, 2007, 06:05 PM
VIII was pretty bad. Cloud was a little whiney, Squall was a crybaby with the emotional maturity of an 12 year old and the fashion sense of a retarded pimp.
VII, despite popular opinion, was a good game. Was it great? EEEEH...Thats debatable. It is the most overrated FF of all time though.
I liked it. if a remake came out and I had a PS3, I'd buy it.
X and IX - Still my favorites.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-08-26 16:05 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Aug 26, 2007, 06:08 PM
Dizzy's squal rant made me freakin LOL.
But FFVII and X are my favorites.

AlexCraig
Aug 26, 2007, 06:13 PM
I am not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but FF and FFII are also coming out/out for PSP. I have the guides for them, but I mostly will be using the guides for Origins (PSone)

DizzyDi
Aug 26, 2007, 07:30 PM
FF has been released for a while now (I think, the Japense version has an English text option so I've just been playing that one) but its like FF1 easy mode so its not all that fun.
I'd rather play Origins.

AlexCraig
Aug 26, 2007, 07:49 PM
That is what I have http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

UnderscoreX
Aug 26, 2007, 07:52 PM
What's interesting is that there was a VIII tech demo running on the PS2 hardware before it's release, and that came to nothing (thankfully).

And while we're knocking FFs, III sucked. I dunno about people in the early 90s but I like a little story on the side of all the random battles.

X>VII>XII>X-2>VIII>IX>VI>III

Zorafim
Aug 26, 2007, 07:55 PM
On 2007-08-26 01:14, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
(Name),(Platform),(Expected due date)
Final Fantasy XIII, PS3,2008
Final Fantasy Versus XIII, PS3, 2008
Final Fantasy Agito XIII, Mobile(phone), 2008
Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles-Ring of Fates,DS, fall2007
FFVII:Advent Children Complete, Blu-ray movie,2007
Final Fantasy:Crystal Chronicles-The Crystal Bearers, Wii;), 2008
Final Fantasy XII:Revenant Wings,DS,Fall 2007
Final Fantasy IV, DS, 2008
Final Fantasy Tactics A2, DS, Winter 2007
Final Fantasy XI:Wings of the Goddess,PC PS2 360,Fall 2007
Final Fantasy Tactics:The War of the Lions,PSP, Fall 2007
Dissidia:Final Fantasy(A FF FIGHTER! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif),PSP, 2008

Games I care about in bold.

AlexCraig
Aug 26, 2007, 08:02 PM
A few of those interested me, but I do not intend to get a PSP. I do want a DS so I can play FFIII (I do want to try it before I make my call on it). Tactics... my brother has it for PSone. XII Revenant Wings might interest me. IV DS... just bought it for GBA, and have had it for SNES. Dunno about XIII.

Kent
Aug 26, 2007, 09:27 PM
On 2007-08-26 13:56, DurakkenX wrote:
Because game companies don't lie so that they look good when they suddenly come out with it? I'm well aware of SE saying that it won't and has no plans to publicly, but a lot of companies say one thing and do another.

Yeah. Saying one thing and doing another, always has positive implications on your publicity. I mean, just ask Peter Molyneux.

Also Kent SE wouldn't fire someone over something like that

...Whoosh.

Also, NDA.

This makes your insult both dumb and not thought out well enough to as it turns out to be an insult to yourself. Good job on that one.

Eh? It wasn't an insult, it was a joke. :/ Just because you flamebait with ridiculous claims like that, doesn't mean that you can go around and say everyone's trying to insult you, and in the process, insulting themselves.

Laugh. Ha Ha. Remember? It's supposed to be absurd.