PDA

View Full Version : Items that conceal themselves?

KarnaJ
Feb 27, 2001, 07:00 PM
BAH! Hacked items! What a bunch of crap! Just found out today that the reason these do this is because someone figured out how to hack a vmu save, only they don't quite have it right, and the game changes it back to the original item during certain conditions. This is the downfall of trading, and I'm done with it now.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: KarnaJ on 2001-02-28 10:56 ]</font>

Zephyr
Feb 27, 2001, 08:10 PM
Good tip KarnaJ. Can */technique items push spells over lvl 15?

KarnaJ
Feb 27, 2001, 08:51 PM
No, they still max at 15, but at least it helps me until I can manage to find some lv 15 disks, I only have one now, and this god/technique ups all my spells to 15.

Lord_Ariakas
Feb 27, 2001, 10:14 PM
That is insane. Does anyone know if any other items such as weapons are masked like that?

MB
Feb 27, 2001, 10:24 PM
this is nuts.... do you know how many of those unit i leave laying around because i say "what the hell is that crap doing here"
now I will have to stop and check each one.
MBlaster

Lord_Ariakas
Feb 27, 2001, 10:48 PM
I've seen and left like 1000 crappy slot items like priest/mind and others on the ground in v.hard ruins. I'm extremely pissed now cause some of them could have been cloaked god items.

Jaiden
Feb 27, 2001, 10:53 PM
Huh... Well from now on I suppose I could try on everything I find.

This is cool it makes things very interesting! I must find out more!

KarnaJ
Feb 28, 2001, 02:02 PM
just bumping up to let everyone see the changes. It really bugs me cause I got a god/technique and a devil/technique, each from a different person, and each told me that that's just the way they worked. I know one of these people, he's the most honest person I've ever met, and I'm SURE that that is the same bs he was told.

The_Neon_Samurai
Feb 28, 2001, 06:07 PM
Can someone please explain this masked item thing to me? I don't get it at all. How do you find out what an item really is, and what does it all have to do with lameshark?

Acel
Feb 28, 2001, 07:11 PM
There is no masked item. It may just be a rumor.
The only reported case(bug) so far is devil/technique. This item when handed over to another person online will appear as priest/mind(and it will have the effects of priest/mind) That is all.

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Acel on 2001-02-28 16:13 ]</font>

KarnaJ
Feb 28, 2001, 11:15 PM
Some devil/techniques and all god/techniques are "hacked" items, that is, there is a trick to drop so that other people believe they are real, but if you don't, then they just show up as what they were, priest/mind. If you got one in a trade, don't worry, as long as you don't drop it, it'll be a /technique, and function properly. If you're looking to trade one, make sure you confirm it's real, which is pretty hard to do.

RitBot
Feb 28, 2001, 11:17 PM
I gave a Devil/Technique to a friend, he used it and had no complaints. No bug there.