PDA

View Full Version : PSO-GC: rare enemy rates

zoloroel
Aug 26, 2007, 02:12 PM
hey, is there a rate for seein rare monsters?

T0m
Aug 26, 2007, 02:48 PM
There's no definite answer, but the consensus is that the rate of rare monsters is about 1/512.

zoloroel
Aug 26, 2007, 02:49 PM
ty

toly369
Aug 26, 2007, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure, but I believe that's the rate for some rare monsters, but not all of them.

Nidramag
Aug 26, 2007, 10:48 PM
as a note if yer looking for rare monsters, which maybe you arent, maybe you are i dont reccomend piping, it can be dangerous to yer system and it can be a waste of time.

and it does seem pouilly slimes, hildetorrs and hildebears are very unfrequent, and nar lilys, mil lilys, and al rappies are more common, just something i noticed

toly369
Aug 26, 2007, 11:02 PM
It may simply be the fact that there are more Lillies and Rappies than Slimes and bears when you go through the game, but I did notice that piping Lillies and Rappies is a piece of cake whilst it once took me 6 hours to get one Pouilly (just some bad luck, I averaged around an hour or less per Pouilly when I went for my Lavis and I piped the room with 2 slimes w/o splitting them to 100% guarantee at least some kind of drop). Love Rappies are also extremely difficult to find. I'm not sure if I have ever found one w/o piping, but my friend found quite a few w/o piping and even one giant love rappy w/o piping (the other giant one he found he piped for). The fact you pipe in a room with 8 Rag Rappies versus a room with only 4 Hidelts may have an impact but I'm not sure.

Also, I think the only way you mess up your system is if you pipe for a VERY long time or go for some crazy drop like Psycho Wand from Mil Lillies on Purplenum (1/205).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: toly369 on 2007-08-26 22:24 ]</font>

Splash
Aug 27, 2007, 02:28 AM
1/512 is true for any rare enemy in an area that has a rare counterpart to it.

Piping is only done in rooms that are have the most of that enemy. More you have, the better for the piping effect. Piping is about being quick to it while having the most enemy that can change to a rare as possible.

Knightmaire
Aug 28, 2007, 07:35 PM
lol when u say its bad for yer system, wut could hapen? it burns?