PDA

View Full Version : How do I beat the Caves boss?

xoyv
Aug 26, 2007, 03:04 PM
How do i kill the 2nd boss?seriously i can't kill him at all.what level should i be?RAcast

mod edit: changed title for clarity

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: T0m on 2007-08-27 12:47 ]</font>

zentetsua
Aug 26, 2007, 03:07 PM
i can help if u tell me what u are hunter, force, ranger and your items on u when u try to fight.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zentetsua on 2007-08-26 13:09 ]</font>

xoyv
Aug 26, 2007, 03:08 PM
RAcast, 10 basic healing items(can't spell them) and a 14+ rifle

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xoyv on 2007-08-26 13:11 ]</font>

concussionman
Aug 26, 2007, 06:59 PM
What difficulty are you on?

xoyv
Aug 26, 2007, 09:54 PM
normal

AlexCraig
Aug 26, 2007, 09:59 PM
Have both a gun and a bladed weapon. When he is at a distance, hit him with the gun. When he is close (ie, on the platform) whack at his head with the bladed weapon. When his mask breaks, don't let up. The first segment behind his head is somewhat weak as well, so hit that too. Make sure you avoid his stabs with the tendrils, rocks falling from the ceiling, lasers, and bombs. Other than that, he his pretty simple.

toly369
Aug 26, 2007, 10:32 PM
Yeah, the majority of the damage you'll be doing is when he's on the platform so have a powerful weapon to dish out the damage and avoid his stabs at you. Stand in a corner when the rocks fall, avoid as much of his attacks as you can, etc.

Maybe do some re-runs of Forest to get some lvls if you are taking too much damage/not dishing out enough damage back. Usually on Normal when I beat the Caves boss I have to go back to Forest anyway cause the Mines do too much damage to my character.
I believe I'm around lvl 8-11 when I kill the Caves boss, but I don't have any Rangers so I can't be much help there :$.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: toly369 on 2007-08-26 20:38 ]</font>

Nidramag
Aug 26, 2007, 10:35 PM
after you get used to it it shoyld be pretty easy.
i find the de rol e on normal pretty easy for rangers level 15+ and maybe under.
but you should be fine at yer current level.

xoyv
Aug 26, 2007, 11:03 PM
i also hvae a 3rd form mag

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xoyv on 2007-08-26 21:03 ]</font>

Splash
Aug 27, 2007, 02:22 AM
3rd evolution mag or not, it doesn't matter. The entire point for androids is taking minimal damage as much as possible. And the only way to do that is to dodge the attacks completely, if not at least most of them.

I suggest leveling up more so you have more HP. You should also bring along Monomates, Dimates, Trimates, Star Atomizers, and Scape Dolls. Trimates is easy from Hildebears. Star Atomizers drop from various boxes.

Voldo89
Aug 27, 2007, 06:39 AM
i use mechguns when its on the platform and a general battle would help if you had one

Jaspaller
Aug 27, 2007, 10:36 AM
You can beat him if you have a strategy at lower levels. The main thing is try to avoid his attacks.

When he's over on the side of the boat swimming, get in the closest corner at the front of the boat. Most of the time you can avoid those energy balls of his.

When he's on the boat he'll always attack, then pause, then attack etc. Easiest way to hit him is to attack him and move. Move around until his tentacle attacks, stop and attack again, move again until his tentacle etc. Doing a full 3 combo might get you damage so try to stick to one or two.

When he comes from above letting the rocks drop on you, getting into the back corner usually helps.

When he throws those exploding spikes, take out one thats closest to the corner de rol le is going to head and wait in the corner. If it's circling around you, kill them off.

And last, the photon laser of his should be easy enough to dodge. If you're good you can get in a few hits while moving around.

Being a cast, you need to try to avoid damage since you can't use resta and you have to rely on a limited stock of mates.

EphekZ
Aug 27, 2007, 04:11 PM
If you can, try tto get a partisan for when he jumps up on the boat. you can attack the part of his body that's off the boat. Attacking there allows you to hit atleast 4 places in one attack. Only do this if you follow's jaspaller's advice

When he's on the boat he'll always attack, then pause, then attack etc. Easiest way to hit him is to attack him and move. Move around until his tentacle attacks, stop and attack again, move again until his tentacle etc. Doing a full 3 combo might get you damage so try to stick to one or two.

Since you'll be only doing 1 or 2 attacks each time the multiple hits you get per attack can help greatly.

SuperChoco
Aug 27, 2007, 07:32 PM
What section id are you? What you can do is try to find a drain rifle in stores. Being at the level that you are, getting 30hp per drain is good

xoyv
Aug 31, 2007, 05:04 PM
i have a drain partisan but i can't use it.also YELLOWBOZE

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xoyv on 2007-08-31 15:47 ]</font>

JapansRobo
Aug 31, 2007, 06:54 PM
OMG, yellowboze RAcast. Just like my char. Anyway, mechguns/partians for when he's on the boat, shots for when he's on the side. What Photon Blasts do you have? If you have mylla and youlla then use them whenever possible.

rockyoursocks
Sep 2, 2007, 11:20 PM
get some charge mechs, i 3 hitted the caves boss at lv10 ^.^

otana_uk
Sep 3, 2007, 03:32 PM
On 2007-08-27 14:11, EphekZ wrote:
If you can, try tto get a partisan for when he jumps up on the boat. you can attack the part of his body that's off the boat. Attacking there allows you to hit atleast 4 places in one attack. Only do this if you follow's jaspaller's advice

Since you'll be only doing 1 or 2 attacks each time the multiple hits you get per attack can help greatly.

That's good advice, but you should also be able to hit 3 times with enough time spare. Also remember that after the fourth tentacle to keep on hitting him until he jumps off the raft. And yeah listen to the sound he makes when doing the beam from the back of the raft. You can time it so you just side-step the beam and get to plug away at him between them. Again remember the last one, so that once he's done it you can get a few extra hits.

The most crucial thing is to keep fighting him until you learn his attack patterns off by heart. Remember this is an RPG though, so at some point your stats will come into play - like has been said, leveling up is always going to help.

xoyv
Sep 3, 2007, 05:08 PM
normaly i can get in 5 hits before he attacks with his tentacle.also is the boss vol opt like its name said, a volume option(like you don't have to fight him).why dose the cave boss have more hp than vol opt ON HARD?

Arcyon
Sep 3, 2007, 05:17 PM
I always thought 'Vol Opt' stood for something like 'volt optical' =S
As for the health thing, it's probably because Vol Opt has two forms, who's combined health (according to the guides) is 9500 (4500 more than De Rol Le on Normal)...

xoyv
Sep 3, 2007, 05:22 PM
but still if your a yellowboze and kill him on hard you get a photon launcher