PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Society

CrimsomWolf
Aug 26, 2007, 03:19 PM
This will be a....strange rant. First off, it contains....a prise. To PSO-world. By becoming a member I felt that I can chat and hold intersting conversations with interseting people not just about Phantasy Star series, but also about many things, sad,happy, insane (greetings my FKL friends..http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)So thanks.

Now onto main course.

Call me a moralist.A relic of ancient rules ect,ect.
I know that nobody is perfect. I also have some sins on my soul. But there is a border. A border that shouldn't be crossed. I'm talking about something I observed about my fellow students and firstyears last year.They becomed carefree to extreme. Sure they're young ect,ect, but some things they do are just.... unthinkable... Maybe it's because the way I was rised by my parents and so forth. But it's not just me. My friends, a people that you can talk and discuss many subjects, also feel that now most pupils from our classes are even more slacking off.I'm not perfect pupil (unlike what my parents and friends say http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif) but, for Christ's sake! I don't get myself DRUNK! before my final exam. And we a lest try to improve.

But common. Some people don't even care that they could fail the subject. It's just party after party. No lerarning outside minimum. Hell, we had even case of somebody stealing money from school. Police catched the guy. He was a student.WTF!!!!!
Am I and my small group of friends the only ones that don't smoke 344 cigarettes a day, drink 4 liters of Vodka and smoke cannabis????

*sigh* I really needed to say that. Thank you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrimsomWolf on 2007-08-26 13:24 ]</font>

MetaZedlen
Aug 26, 2007, 08:10 PM
I have a lot of people like that in my school and to be honest, I slighty fall into the descriptions of these people, with the exceptions of smoking and getting wasted before a final exam.

AlexCraig
Aug 26, 2007, 09:14 PM
At least some people out there still have morals. I have remained clean and in the right state of mind my whole life. I may not have had high grades in school, but I never did anything that you mentioned in my life. So you can at least be glad that somewhere out in the world, there are still some decent people.

TheyCallMeJoe
Aug 26, 2007, 10:27 PM
I really don't know what getting wasted does for a person. Is it exhilerating? Go on a rollercoaster. Half of my friends do it, and the worst part is they wake up with a hangover and think "Omg im so fuxing cool lawl!" I call them my friends only because I like them when they're coherent. So I guess we're in the same boat.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 10:37 PM
Just about anyone from America that is 18 to 8 is most likely a complete and utter moron and for the most part will be nothing but a cog in the machine. Sure there are few that aren't but for the most part they will be... from 18 to 28ish year old people are quite a bit better but for the most but it's not hard to raise the bar off the floor... 18 to 28 year olders are about the best group of people in the last 40 to 60 years... I hope that we at least help the next group to not be so stupid v.v

Solstis
Aug 26, 2007, 10:55 PM
On 2007-08-26 20:37, DurakkenX wrote:
Just about anyone from America that is 18 to 8 is most likely a complete and utter moron and for the most part will be nothing but a cog in the machine. Sure there are few that aren't but for the most part they will be... from 18 to 28ish year old people are quite a bit better but for the most but it's not hard to raise the bar off the floor... 18 to 28 year olders are about the best group of people in the last 40 to 60 years... I hope that we at least help the next group to not be so stupid v.v

We're really not that great. Cut out the narcissism.

DurakkenX
Aug 26, 2007, 11:30 PM
I never said we are...we're just better than most of the current ones out there. It's just that all the other generations suck so much it's hard not to be better.

Sinue_v2
Aug 27, 2007, 12:05 AM
I really don't know what getting wasted does for a person. Is it exhilerating? Go on a rollercoaster.

I get wasted because it's enjoyable. Oh sure, I could have fun without alcohol and... other... substances... but really, I can have fun without videogames too. I can have fun without reading. I can have fun without looking up pron on the interbutt. But I still do all these things because I find them all enjoyable. I personally don't understand the thought process of people who think that drinkers HAVE to drink to have a good time.

As for the rollercoaster analogy... that was just... bad. When I can go down to my local roller coaster shop a few blocks down the road and pick a six pack of roller coasters up for $8 - then maybe I'll consider doing that over drinking. Rollercoasters are bullshit anyway. I love em, don't get me wrong, but it's two hours of waiting in line under a baking hot sun for roughly 1 minuite of exhiliration.

Weeaboolits
Aug 27, 2007, 12:07 AM
Peeps are stupid, plain and simple. (I include myself in this)

amtalx
Aug 27, 2007, 10:30 AM
Most of life is spent in the pursuit of happiness. If that's what they need to do to be happy...so be it. Just don't let them stand between you and your happiness. Life's too short to worry about what other people do in their spare time.

JAFO22000
Aug 27, 2007, 01:01 PM
What college do you attend? Your spelling and grammer are in dire need of improvement.

BTW, college is FOR drinking, smoking, doing any illegal drug you can get your hands on and tons of one night stands. If you aren't experiencing that side of it, then you're missing out on the "college experience"....

SabZero
Aug 27, 2007, 03:51 PM
Ah, don't worry. If they want, they'll keep it up and taste your dust when you steer always in direction of your purpose, while they wander.

Arcyon
Aug 27, 2007, 04:07 PM
Well, welcome to the real world =]
Alright, alright, just kidding.
In my opinion, the people of the world's behaviour is deteriorating. You get people like my next door neighbour, who shouts a lot, and then my other next door neighbour, who never speaks. It's just the way people are. =]
Then again, some people are just dorks =]

astuarlen
Aug 27, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-08-27 08:30, amtalx wrote:
Most of life is spent in the pursuit of happiness. If that's what they need to do to be happy...so be it. Just don't let them stand between you and your happiness. Life's too short to worry about what other people do in their spare time.

Agreed. As long as what other people do doesn't harm--or be reasonably likely to cause danger to or harm--anyone else, then I try not to waste my time worrying about it. Life seems marginally easier that way.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 27, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-08-27 11:01, JAFO22000 wrote:
What college do you attend? Your spelling and grammer are in dire need of improvement.

BTW, college is FOR drinking, smoking, doing any illegal drug you can get your hands on and tons of one night stands. If you aren't experiencing that side of it, then you're missing out on the "college experience"....

Grammar and spelling look fine. City post over in Off Topic states lives in Prague/not born in the states.

And to suggest someone get a better education, how do they do that while also engaging in binge drinking and excessive partying?

College is for education, the "post-high school hanging out social scene" is a trap that'll make it harder for you to get out of college with that degree. Not to say people don't, but its detrimental to the main goal of college.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-08-27 18:30 ]</font>

CrimsomWolf
Aug 28, 2007, 09:45 AM
Actually, these "firstyears": some of them are 13-14 years old. I've seen a girl that wasted herself 20 minutes before her final exam..... she was young enought to be my younger sister....... Besides I try to avoid their affairs, but some of them have attitude:"We're only cool guys and girls and everyone different sucks".

This can REALLY get on your nerves.

JAFO22000
Aug 28, 2007, 09:53 AM
On 2007-08-27 18:30, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Grammar and spelling look fine.

Really? Did you actually read it?

City post over in Off Topic states lives in Prague/not born in the states.

Yes, and his side bar states he's from Sarajevo. Which one is it?

And to suggest someone get a better education, how do they do that while also engaging in binge drinking and excessive partying?

College is for education, the "post-high school hanging out social scene" is a trap that'll make it harder for you to get out of college with that degree. Not to say people don't, but its detrimental to the main goal of college.

College is for "higher education". The fact that this poster was able to get into his college with all of the misspellings and grammatical errors listed above is a knock against that college's enrollment standards. Unless he is indeed attending a college in Prague or Sarajevo or some other Western European locale, in which case, why is he bitching about this on a board comprised of mostly Americans, Canadiens and British?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2007-08-28 07:53 ]</font>

CrimsomWolf
Aug 28, 2007, 10:02 AM
lol, the location I stated in that field isn't real. Sarajevo exsists but Temple Prime doesn't.... use your imagination if you have one.

And If you have anything to say about MY English grammar then LEARN my mother language: Polish. It's grammar too.

Then you can say all you want. But don't insult people over grammar.

JAFO22000
Aug 28, 2007, 10:24 AM
On 2007-08-28 08:02, CrimsomWolf wrote:
lol, the location I stated in that field isn't real. Sarajevo exsists but Temple Prime doesn't.... use your imagination if you have one.

And If you have anything to say about MY English grammar then LEARN my mother language: Polish. It's grammar too.

Then you can say all you want. But don't insult people over grammar.

Excuse me. I had no idea you were Polish when I made my first post.

Are you attending college in the US?

CrimsomWolf
Aug 28, 2007, 10:31 AM
No..... I'm attending school in Prague, Czech Republic. That school is international one thought as most teachers are British and most subjects are in English. This school is actually a gymnasium and Lyceum together, so we have people from 18 to 14.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrimsomWolf on 2007-08-28 13:17 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 28, 2007, 02:08 PM
Interesting....

Because of the non-existant drinking age for most European countries, I would've expected that getting wasted would be a bore by the time teens started attending college. In HS, I was at a party and talking to a French foreign exchange student. She was drinking Coke and I asked why she wasn't drinking the beer and she replied "I have beer and wine all of the time...Coke is expensive in France!". But basically, it wasn't considered "taboo" for her to be drinking, which is pretty much the reason American teens partake in "keggers". In America, going to college is pretty much your first time away from home when you're pretty much making your own decision. It's seen as "liberating" and "mature" to consume alcohol and drugs, thus it's done when one gets to college, amongst other previously frowned upon activities.

CrimsomWolf
Aug 28, 2007, 03:17 PM
Well that depends. In Czech Republic and Poland (where I live/lived respectively) legal age for drinking is 18.
So I don't mind if people 18 or above are getting wasted in their free time. But I'm speaking about 13 - 15 year olds that are getting wasted during lunch...... and then go to school..... and are later suprised that they're failing subjects.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 29, 2007, 12:41 AM
On 2007-08-28 07:53, JAFO22000 wrote:

On 2007-08-27 18:30, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Grammar and spelling look fine.

Really? Did you actually read it?

College is for "higher education". The fact that this poster was able to get into his college with all of the misspellings and grammatical errors listed above is a knock against that college's enrollment standards.

-For someone with English as a second language. Not hard to deduce after the facts were given, why did you assume a temple prime is an accurate location? It looked readable enough that you could figure out the points and irks, its not a term paper.

-If the grammar and spelling were bad, how are binging and toking out going to improve them, or help supplement higher learning?

You didn't expect to help someone by starting out with an insult and then suggesting detrimental study methods did you?

On 2007-08-28 07:53, JAFO22000 wrote:
Unless he is indeed attending a college in Prague or Sarajevo or some other Western European locale, in which case, why is he bitching about this on a board comprised of mostly Americans, Canadiens and British?

This is a hobby forum for a game that is sold worldwide and doesn't discriminate to only allow posters with a mastery of the English language. This poster is allowed to use the Rants forum to "bitch" about mostly whatever they please.

Your standards don't coincide with the site, which only states that the main language used here is English.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-08-28 23:10 ]</font>

CrimsomWolf
Aug 29, 2007, 02:40 AM
To finish our grammar sub-topic. I've never been good in English or German (two languages I'm learning) grammar. Hence I'm always triple-checking all of my essays. It really works.

Besides there are people with much worse grammar then this....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrimsomWolf on 2007-08-29 00:41 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Aug 29, 2007, 06:21 AM
On 2007-08-29 00:40, CrimsomWolf wrote:
Oh, I'm sure JAFO knows this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

More on-topic, the people who annoy me aren't necessarily the ones who get wasted, but the ones who do it to act cool. I feel like punching them sometimes.

DurakkenX
Aug 29, 2007, 09:22 AM
On 2007-08-29 00:40, CrimsomWolf wrote:

and most of them speak english as their primary language >.>

And why do you apply an age to say getting wasted is dumb? Getting wasted at all is dumb in most cases.

amtalx
Aug 29, 2007, 09:29 AM
Getting "wasted" and "drinking" are two different things. Getting wasted is pretty lame almost all the time. Drinking is fine.

DurakkenX
Aug 29, 2007, 09:37 AM
Durakken agrees. Durakken wouldn't know what getting wasted is like though... Durakken is resistant to drugs and alcohol. Durakken wants to get high to experience getting high! Experiment!

opaopajr
Sep 2, 2007, 04:38 AM
have fun now because old age is far closer than you think...

blowing off classes is pretty irresponsible in my book, but hey, think of it as a calculated risk on some people's part. some people live off of daddy's trust fund and connections and can afford to blow off opportunities at refinement. others are perfectly content with just enjoying the moment. while others still really weren't meant to be there and are casually weeding themselves out of the opportunity because they aren't really ready to take advantage of it.

but in no way would i consider blowing off fun for some "puritanical spiritual pleasures." you can be a spiritual person and have a grand ol' time enjoying the world while you're here. no one ever asked you to be miserable to find happiness -- it's just an option, if you want it. sex, drugs, and rock 'n roll are perfectly in line with being a good person, and responsible even. but if you can't handle that don't knock it for those who can.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: opaopajr on 2007-09-02 02:39 ]</font>