PDA

View Full Version : Do tekkers have ANYTHING to do with special weapons?

BlackFoxRaven
Dec 27, 2002, 11:22 AM
Okay, here's the deal.

The other day I found a special weapon off a Hidoom. It was a force weapon, so I couldn't see what it was (I use a HUnewearl) and I checked the percents and I could have SWORN it said 30% machine, but when I took it to a tekker and got it IDed, the percent on machine shot up to 40%.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but is it possible for a tekker to ID an item and ADD TO the percentages? I know they can't change the items themselves, but is it possible for them to do that?

Siegfried
Dec 27, 2002, 11:32 AM
Kind of. There's a chance that when you tek a weapon the percents will go up or down, or become 0's. It's all about chance/luck. Like tekking this one lockgun I had. It went from a plain Mind Lockgun +2 to a 10% Mind Lockgun +2 (after refusing and retekking). But your tekker relies on what sec. id you are. Each has a different specialty.

Hmm... purplenum seems to like canes and mechguns...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Siegfried on 2002-12-27 14:39 ]</font>

ReikenFeralsbane
Dec 27, 2002, 11:34 AM
yes, you can easily get 10% more on weapons than what you checked. 15% is possible but extremely hard to get. You just have to keep trying until the cheapskate tekkers give you the right %'s

VulpesMundi
Dec 27, 2002, 12:03 PM
On 2002-12-27 08:34, ReikenFeralsbane wrote:
15% is possible but extremely hard to get.

That is false. It's an old rumor that has been proven wrong again and again since version 1. The original stat can only go up or down by 10%. For example: If the original stat is 25% it can be tekked to anything between 15% and 35%. Maximum findable stats for ver.1 and 2 was 50%. Maximum tekkable was 60%. The servers were programmed to kick any user carrying a weapon with anything visually above 61% since only modded items could have them (the server obviously couldn't see hidden % created by item modders in ver.2). For E1&2 the maximum findable stats are 90%. Maximum tekkable is 100%.

Meesh
Dec 27, 2002, 12:24 PM
also in E1&2 the tekkers can add +? to ur weps i think the most they can add is 3 or 4 but thats another thing they do. Also certain ones have more of a chance to get say fire instead of heat.

Tavia
Dec 27, 2002, 12:52 PM
Additionally, though it is sort of referred to here, it hasn't been directly said that you do not have to accept what the Tekker originally tells you. For example, if you bring an item to the Tekker and it has 5% Dark, and when you tek it, it has -5% Dark, obviously you don't want that. So, you don't have to accept it. Say no, pay for it, and try again. You can keep doing this until you get better elements and better percentages.

VulpesMundi
Dec 27, 2002, 12:57 PM
The grinds on unidentified basic weapons can add or subtract up to 4, up to maximum grind or down to 0. For example, a weapon that originally had +7 can wind up with anything between +3 and +11. Note that all ?SPECIAL WEAPONs never have a default grind, nor do they earn the grind bonus that basic weapons get.

Basic weapon special types work in sets of three moving up or down one at maximum. If the base weapon is a 1-star special then it can vary to either a 1-star or 2-star special. If the base weapon is a 2-star special then it can vary to either a 1-star, 2-star or 3-star special. If the base weapon is a 3-star special then it can vary to either a 2-star, 3-star or 4-star special. And if the weapon is a 4-star special it can vary to either a 3-star or 4-star special. The only way to tell what the base special happens to be is to repeatedly tekk the weapon to see what shows up. Also note there's a couple exceptions to the above rule. If the type shows up as Charge, Spirit, or Berserk then it will always be that special and never varies. The experience stealing set only has three possibilities: Master's (2-star), Lord's (3-star) and King's (4-star). The HP reduction set only has two possibilities: Devil's (3-star) and Demon's (4-star). As an example, let's say you've found a ????Scepter and its base tekk is Soul (3-stars). If you keep tekking it you'll also eventually get Mind (2-stars) and Geist (4-stars).

All shop weapons can appear with only two stat types. Maximum percents on a weapon bought from the shop depends on your character's level. You cannot buy weapons with a hit bonus until level 26+. The highest shop stats are 50%/50% and will appear at level 77+. Below level 77 maximum stats are 40%/40%. You can only buy 1-star and 2-star special type weapons from the shop. Any and all 3-star and 4-star special types will never appear on a weapon in the shop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2002-12-27 10:03 ]</font>

Sedyne
Dec 27, 2002, 04:38 PM
^_^ someone's lacking their obvious PSO knowledge http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Depending on your tekker ( MOST OF THE TIME) you can change around the percents by tekking/retekking. and get a higher %

Blur2168
Dec 27, 2002, 05:52 PM
i remember when i found my YAMATO it had 30% on dark and i kept tekkin it so i could make the % go up. i got it to 45% and i wuz like " hm... maybe i can get to 50%! then it wouldnt be anything but 25% ... ::sigh:: think before you tekk. lol

Tavia
Dec 27, 2002, 08:07 PM
The highest shop stats are 50%/50% and will appear at level 77+.

I must contest this. I have purchased a pair of Mechguns -- I forgot what kind specifically -- from the weapons shop, and they have 55% Native. That's actually the reason I bought them, because I was considerably lower than the level you quoted -- 77 -- and thought that was excellent. I still have them.

EDIT: Unless you meant that only %100 maximum can be divided among all of the photons. If that's what you meant, sorry for my irrelevant post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tavia on 2002-12-27 17:09 ]</font>

ReikenFeralsbane
Dec 28, 2002, 01:30 AM
im gonna go kick my friend in the nuts then

TeK-DEL0REAN
Dec 30, 2002, 11:53 AM
Hs anyone ever noticed that depending on what weapon you are tekking and what ID that a tune plays when you tek an item at the "correct" amount? pay attention to when you tek an item and you will hear it. For example, keep tekkin canes with the pinkal tekker (his specialty) and eventually you will hear a tune after you accept it. I guess this is to tell you you have tekked it at its highest stats? Works on special weaps too.

watashiwa
Dec 30, 2002, 01:10 PM
On 2002-12-27 09:03, VulpesMundi wrote:
That is false. It's an old rumor that has been proven wrong again and again since version 1. The original stat can only go up or down by 10%.

Are you 100% sure about that? I'm pretty sure I've gotten over 10%.

Spy
Dec 30, 2002, 02:15 PM
On rare occasions I've had the store offer me items with a % over 50, including a set of repeaters that had 95% a.beast.

And I had a tekker give me a guilty light with base unteched %s at 10.5.0.0 that ended up 25.20.0.0. I think a lot of these so-called "facts" are really just speculative bullshit, no offense.