PDA

View Full Version : My roomate found an uber Standstill Shield..wha?

SailorDaravon
Dec 27, 2002, 11:41 AM
My roomate found a standstill shield a while ago, so no big deal. A day or two ago, I was looking for what the best shield would be for my RAmarl, and I believe it was the heart one, which would but my defense up 106 or so. My roomate's like, the Standstill Shield puts me up more than that. The listed stat for Standstill is something like 83 def and evade 72. Well, my roomate's shield puts him up TWICE that, his def is something like 161, and his evade is like 140. He had no Shifta/Deband, or anything like that on him. I thought maybe he had on some bizarre combination of items that increased it's defense somehow, no go, same stats with everything dequipped. So I try it on my char (who's a level short, but can still see the stats), and the stat bonuses are still huge. So the kicker was when I got my own standstill shield a day ago, it's stats were the "normal" ones, but my roomate's one still has insane stats. As far as I know weapons and armors have a varying degree of strength, but double the stats? Anyone have any idea what's up? If he doesn't mind, I'll show it in trade windows to a mod or something if no one believes me.

VulpesMundi
Dec 27, 2002, 12:22 PM
First question is are you sure he found it? Back in version 2 people who modded armor would literally give them insane bonuses that defended well against even Ultimate critters. There are few people who have the ability to cheat in E1&2 currently (other than duping), but it's possible someone could have done as they used to in ver.2.

I did notice, however, that the higher the defense/evasion for the item in question, the bigger the variance there will possibly be in the stat outcome. For example, I recently found three Sacred Cloths. Not exactly the strongest armor, but it's not a bad suit particularly when you consider it prevents Paralysis. Anyway, one suit has 20 defense higher than the lowest suit, while another suit has 18 evasion higher than the lowest suit. So if your friend truly did find it, then all I can say is that it has quite a noticable stat variance which is probably because the Standstill Shield is one of the stronger shields in the game.

MPLe
Dec 27, 2002, 12:38 PM
It seems that Armors and Shields can have vary in how much it increases DFP and EVP (and/or whatever else stats). The best example I can think of is the armor/etc. sold in stores.

Ghen
Dec 27, 2002, 02:08 PM
The Standstill Shield hasn't been updated to the the GC version stats. Those DFP and EVP levels are what they should be. Alot of the database stuff hasn't been updated from it's DC counterpart yet.

SailorDaravon
Dec 27, 2002, 10:55 PM
Yes, my friend found it, I saw it happen. Normally I would take your explanation Ghen, but the shield _I_ found has the exact stats this page has, and if the Standstill Shield was really that good, I would think I would hear more about it. I thought the Love/Safety Heart (the shield one) was the best shield, and that only has def a little over a hundred. I agree with the variance on stats on items, that's common, but this thing has DOUBLE the stats. I'm still clueless, and like I said, this is legit.