PDA

View Full Version : Which class do you like the best

Chronos
Dec 27, 2002, 01:09 PM
Which class do you like the best?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chronos on 2002-12-27 18:12 ]</font>

chrisofthedale
Dec 27, 2002, 01:26 PM
I prefer Rangers, but my friends Force is really powerful so i have been having some second thoughts....

jimmer_jammer
Dec 27, 2002, 01:43 PM
I have and always will use humars. I love using sword type weapons, guns and spells arent my thing.

Wonko
Dec 27, 2002, 04:35 PM
Gotta be forces (I've always been partial to magic...)

G-Assassin
Dec 27, 2002, 07:01 PM
I like Hunters, because the whole lightsaber thing appeals to me. Rangers are a close second because of the ability to use rifles... schweeet.

Eum
Dec 27, 2002, 07:07 PM
Forces.

Sapphire87
Dec 27, 2002, 07:14 PM
I like the tech-casting hunters because of their balance between melee combat and magic usage. Hunters tend to have the widest range of weapons to use and can do the most damage with them. The balance between offense and defense allows a hunter to play in a variety of different styles. If you feel like using guns, they're just as accurate as rangers (at higher levels). While forces have much higher amounts of MST and TP, a hunter doesn't have to rely so heavily on offensive techs; their TP is sufficient enough for casting staple spells like resta. And besides, why would you want to rely mainly on offensive techs when your attack power is your strength? This is a luxury that the other classes envy. With all that said, every class has their own strengths and weaknesses. No one class is better than the other. It's all matter of personal preference and play style.

PhoenixStryker
Dec 27, 2002, 07:34 PM
Hunters; they roxor joo boxorz =P

Ninpo_Tamashii
Dec 27, 2002, 08:47 PM
wow.., on what the dood said about HU's being balanced..., FOmars, and FOmarls do just exactly that. The only thing is theyu don't have acess to the HU weps.., but to be frank, all u need is a mech gun, partisan type, a saber type and you can basically be as good as any hunter with the help of SHifta deband, and having zalure and jallen on enemies...infact, all the hunters i run into, i do the same damgage as, if not more so, and i STILL have the option to use offensive techs if i feel like it, cus my tp is more than enough to do this. and i don't have to sit back and watch hunters go in and get red boxes cus i'm up there with them Pummeling enemies with my Scythe. ^_^ just a nice thought for all the tanking FO's out there. Lets show atp is nothing in the face of a lvl 30 shifta, let along an enemy having been hit with a level 30 zalure ^_^. Just some thought for the mind.

Soul
Dec 27, 2002, 09:30 PM
Hucasts own. Their look appeals to me, plus they're challenging since you're handicapped severely in the magic department. Nothing like going in with a big sword, your wits, and the hopes of squeezing out sweet, sweet items from the mangled corpses of the raging masses of beasties.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 27, 2002, 09:37 PM
Get a HUnewearl at the right angle and she's too cute. Moo MOO

hockeypersonguy88
May 25, 2003, 06:16 PM
who is this chronos guy, what an idiot, forces are definatley the best, you dont even have to ask. this chronos guy is a fucking idiot, hes a weak little hunter

Kent
May 25, 2003, 06:30 PM
No flaming.

I like both Hunters and Forces, but Rangers are just useless to a team. There's nothing they can do that a Hunter or Force can't do better.

Silly_Putty
May 25, 2003, 06:54 PM
How is that? Rangers have the better crowd control weapons -shots and the Spread Needle. They have the best mechguns which are usually consider the best weapons to use against one target. Then don't forget about the Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen. Also they tend to have the higher HP/DFP/EVP, and they have the highest ATA.

Brett
May 25, 2003, 07:41 PM
I'd say forces r 10x's stronger than the other 2 classes at higher levels, but I am and always will be a hunter fan.

StevieF414
May 25, 2003, 08:35 PM
Hunters definitly. Especiallly Humars. They have balanced stats, can use magic, and can use many weapons. Rangers are good, too.

CGoodness
May 25, 2003, 08:37 PM
forces make dark falz your "dark bitch"

Elusive_Llama
May 25, 2003, 09:05 PM
I like both Hunters and Forces, but Rangers are just useless to a team. There's nothing they can do that a Hunter or Force can't do better.

Are you kidding me? Have you ever seen a high level Ranger with the right guns? More so than Hunters, Rangers need certain guns in order to reach their full potential. This includes Spread Needle, Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen. This is because those weapons are unique and aren't just a progression of a weapon type. For example, a BKB is basically a stronger version of a Demo Comet...but a Frozen Shooter has no precedent. Same thing with a T-J Sword and a Dragon Slayer.

Oh, and Rangers can dish out damage that equals or betters that of Hunters. With their high ATA, they can pull off hard-special-special combos with Charge Vulcans. Even a hard-hard-hard combo with Red Mechguns, Yas9ks or Guld Millas do tremendous damage. I play with plenty of high level Rangers, and I have a level 158 Ramarl myself...

Salvo
May 25, 2003, 10:08 PM
Let's see... I've been using a ranger since the first DC version, and I can honestly say, it has to be my favorate class. Nothing beats being able to off a baddie before he even sees you, and it's great in multiplayer because it ensures that you get some of the experience before some steriod-enhanced hunter whips out his/her broadsword and levels the field (you know who you are you EXP hogs!)

Plus, if a team is actually working as a team (and not a forum to show off who's cooler) a ranger can offer a lot of cover fire that not only softens the enemy up for the killing blow, but can interrupt the enemies animation so that hunters can get a combo in. Plus the high ATA of the class means you'll actually be able to HIT something online (tell me you were never frustrated by the miss-miss-miss of your combo and then WHAM!, leveled by the enemy)

In short, don't knock the ranger class until you've tried it. Or any other class for that matter. A good player learns to use the strengths of the class he plays, rather than try to conform it to another style of play.

Oh yeah, forces also rock, even if their forced to wear crappy armor...

Sharkyland
May 25, 2003, 11:04 PM
You know my vote.

XGhostX
May 26, 2003, 12:10 AM
rangers are teh best, spread needle pwns you all.

Chronos
May 26, 2003, 06:18 PM
On 2003-05-25 16:16, hockeypersonguy88 wrote:
who is this chronos guy, what an idiot, forces are definatley the best, you dont even have to ask. this chronos guy is a fucking idiot, hes a weak little hunter

NO FLAMING MUTHA FUGGER http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif
and hunters are the best...

Jason
May 26, 2003, 06:42 PM
HUmar is my favorite class, and FOmarl in second.