PDA

View Full Version : RETURN OF THE BIBLE THUMPER!!!!

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Aug 27, 2007, 04:19 PM
Ok hopefully most of you know about the bible thumper guy that was bothering me like hell. He asked me to come agen to his church and i cussed him out (No bible thuumper can stand that can they?) so finally I was left alone... for a couple of days. Hes back again and now more persistent becuase he thinks I need "a great inspiration." HELP ME PSOW!!!!!!! I need to shut up this guy for good. (and dont you dare have another flame war about mormnism!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dr_Montague on 2007-08-27 14:23 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 27, 2007, 04:21 PM
Tell him you find him attractive, then invite him in for "coffee".

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Aug 27, 2007, 04:22 PM
coffee huh? to bad mormons wont drink coffee. They think thier body is a temple and they cant harm it LOL

Banish
Aug 27, 2007, 04:34 PM
I think the "coffee" was for 'The Talk'.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-08-27 14:34 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Aug 27, 2007, 04:44 PM
Yeah, don't invite him in for coffee, invite him in for "COFFEE" *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

DikkyRay
Aug 27, 2007, 04:47 PM
lolmormons

VIRIDIA_HUNTER
Aug 27, 2007, 04:47 PM
[quote]On 2007-08-27 14:44, JAFO22000 wrote:
Yeah, don't invite him in for coffee, invite him in for "COFFEE" *wink, wink, nudge, nudge POW POW!*

chu-chu-chu
Aug 27, 2007, 06:12 PM
Answer the door naked.

Thalui89
Aug 27, 2007, 06:16 PM
Say that your only inspiration is the anti christ?

AlexCraig
Aug 27, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-08-27 16:12, chu-chu-chu wrote:
Answer the door naked.

In a way... I'd say do this. But I am sure there is something better you can do.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Aug 27, 2007, 06:28 PM
Stop with the spam, people. Seems like a legit problem/follow up to a previous rant.

Get your parents involved if you have to. He's probably having his parents/religious leaders stressing him to be persistent about his duties to the church. If you're not going to take him up on his offers no matter the pressure he applies, push back as necessary.

You put your foot down and stopped being friends by now right? Just stay away from him enough to avoid the conflict.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-08-27 16:28 ]</font>

Oh yeah and cussing him out doesn't help your cause that you don't need his or anyone else's "help" to find yourself. Be more civil about it, otherwise you're looking crazy in his eyes and still needs to be saved/helped/etc. as per the help he can provide through the church.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-08-27 18:38 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Aug 27, 2007, 06:36 PM
My apologies. In all seriousness though, Haya gives some sound advice. Get some support behind you, like a parent or teacher, and stand your ground. Because apparently, he doesn't seem to get the hint about you not wanting to go to church with him.

Kent
Aug 27, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-08-27 14:19, Dr_Montague wrote:
Ok hopefully most of you know about the bible thumper guy that was bothering me like hell. He asked me to come agen to his church and i cussed him out (No bible thuumper can stand that can they?) so finally I was left alone... for a couple of days. Hes back again and now more persistent becuase he thinks I need "a great inspiration." HELP ME PSOW!!!!!!! I need to shut up this guy for good. (and dont you dare have another flame war about mormnism!)

Open the door whilst holding a deck of Magic: The Gathering cards, and tell him to quit his harassment before you call the police.

Also, do you own your property? You could tell him to remove himself and/or his cronies from your property, lest you have them removed via the police.

Sinue_v2
Aug 27, 2007, 08:36 PM
Throw ping-pong balls at him while shouting "Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!"

Here's a video of a successful attempt at the repulsion (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3955486939380985268) of a Mormon.

Dre_o
Aug 27, 2007, 09:17 PM
If all else fails, get the law involved. But before you dial the police, I suggest you get back-up as well.

Zorafim
Aug 27, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-08-27 18:36, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Throw ping-pong balls at him while shouting "Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!"

Here's a video of a successful attempt at the repulsion (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3955486939380985268) of a Mormon.

Don't knock it until you try it. It may look nerdy, but there's nothing more fun than hitting another person with a stick.

geewj
Aug 28, 2007, 12:12 AM
Tell him to ask his bishop what he should do about a person he's trying to invite to church who considers the continued requests harassment. And tell him not to ask you about it again until he talks to his bishop.

If he's being sincere in his requests then he'll ask his bishop. And the bishop will tell him it's probably best not to continue directly, but to just teach by example or something.

This will work. I'm not kidding. I was Mormon.

Just make sure he tells the bishop you consider it harassment. If he doesn't stop or doesn't ask, then ask him for his Bishops name and address so you can write to him directly explaining that he's harassing you, and that will get him to stop.

Remember, the term is bishop. Not priest, clergy, father, or whatever else you might confuse it with. Bishop.

And be sincere or he wont take you seriously.

Baku
Aug 28, 2007, 05:11 AM
Throw a little kid at him.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 28, 2007, 04:52 PM
Since this is a form of verbal harassment, you might be able to get a restraining order against him.

We had a couple of church goers come to my job a few times and try to get one girl that works there to join their church. She didn't want to. They kept coming back. Finally, I told them, nicely, that after continual attempts and getting the same response, they should stop. Otherwise I, myself, would call the police and report them for harassment. We never saw them again.