PDA

View Full Version : My posts are being locked, why?

RufuSwho
Aug 28, 2007, 05:39 PM
1) i start a thread, say about mechguns.
2) Then someone replies.
3) Then someone else replies about how stupid the first reply was.
4) Then I find 2 full pages of posts about who's right and who's stupid and who's the smartest.
5) Then my post gets locked.
6) Did someone say mechguns?

Goddamit guys, If another one of my threads gets shut down because of retards then this forum can go to hell.

PS:

admin, why not just delete the posts you don't like, or expel the offenders completely? why lock my thread because of others? I have been very respectful on these forums. could you please censor the people who deserve it?

RufuSwho
Aug 28, 2007, 05:46 PM
I've tried to contact admin on this site, you do not reply.

Why does a thread get locked?
Because of people fighting?
So how do i get answers to my questions if my thread's are all locked because of other people's comments?

If the site is simply full of people fighting then it is useless to me.

Please contact me.

DikkyRay
Aug 28, 2007, 05:47 PM
Unfortunatly, this my not sound nice, but you are seeming to make topics that are extreme flambait.
All i can say is "Welcome to PSOW". Although for the most part we are a nice community, it seems all the nice posters are on vacation, and the trolls have come out to play.
But saying we can go to hell is a little much. Try not to think of something that can spark arguements.

And i can tell you are fairly new, mods do give out warnings. If a topic gets locked, im about 99% sure that someone gets a warning. Even if it doesnt show it. Banning someone for one offense is extremely unfair. Coming from a guy who has alot of warnings, i would know.

Mayu
Aug 28, 2007, 05:49 PM
locked threads are usually locked because

They go off topic like

- Daggers to Double sabers

or to calm down the flaming

I'm guessing this should be moved to Site related now

DikkyRay
Aug 28, 2007, 05:51 PM
Allright, i see only 1 topic was locked.
Alot of things happen like this. Trust me. I have seen hundreds of topics locked without actually being answered. Lifes a bitch aint it?
I hate to say it, but you seem to be a little immature about getting a topic locked. Mailing an admin about it? If you must know, it is because of off-topic comments and flaming. One topic locked isnt a big deal. Contact an admin if 2 or more topics are locked in the same day.
For the questions, look in other topics. The guide section might be a better place to ask that

RufuSwho
Aug 28, 2007, 06:04 PM
2 or more topics yes
this is 3 today

topics inviting flamers?
beasts and mechguns?
mechguns for fotegunners vs. guntechers?
are these really that bad?

perhaps a fluke, contact admin how?

DikkyRay
Aug 28, 2007, 06:10 PM
99% of all Something Vs Something topics will be locked.
Face it, people are mean and will flame any little thing they see. They need to seem badass over the internet.
But if you have 2+ topics A DAY locked, then you should really think before you make a topic.

And contacting admins (if you want an actual admin) PM Ryna or Tomeeboy. Or at the bottom of the index there is a "PM Active Mods" Button

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 28, 2007, 06:11 PM
On 2007-08-28 15:46, RufuSwho wrote:
I've tried to contact admin on this site, you do not reply.

Why does a thread get locked?
Because of people fighting?
So how do i get answers to my questions if my thread's are all locked because of other people's comments?

If the site is simply full of people fighting then it is useless to me.

Please contact me.

Hey, guess what? The staff members of this site have LIVES. How do you get answers if your topics get locked? Forum Search. Good stuff, just look for you answer

And if the site is so useless, just leave. But don't lump all of us together as a bunch of bickering idiots. In PSU General and the Guide Forums, people tend to be rude. . . And these people are mostly new! Note how the "vets" or just the people who post outside these forums are generally nicer.

Siertes
Aug 28, 2007, 06:14 PM
"Versus" topics: Flamebait
Any topic singling out a certain race: Flamebait
Singling out a certain server: Flamebait

And of course there are certain posters, we know who most of them are, who like to come in and leave sarcastic one liners just to stir things up. It would be easy enough to ignore them, but then there are other posters he hate the previously mentioned type and find it their duty to tell them off. Insult, followed by denial/rebuttal, followed by insult, followed by another insult, followed by some delusional idiot who thinks he's the adult and decides to leave the topic forever even though he was a child for participating in the arguing in the first place. followed by gloating by the original flamebaiter, followed by the person who said they were leaving coming back to defend their name then saying they are leaving once again. followed by insult, followed by topic locking.

Welcome to PSOW, hell, Welcome to the Internet.

RufuSwho
Aug 28, 2007, 06:15 PM
man, sure wish i hadn't started THIS thread

where's the delete http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

by the way, go to hell vs. you all suck, which does more damage?

Banish
Aug 28, 2007, 06:16 PM
For the "full of people fighting" part I think it is just that everyone is expressing their point, and their views about their subject more forcefully than exepected. Maybe you're not used to this kind of stuff.

You should try using the "Active Moderator Contact" if you need an urgent reply.

Wait I don't even think it is there anymore...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-08-28 16:20 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Aug 28, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-08-28 16:15, RufuSwho wrote:

where's the delete http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

WHy? Because you dont like seeing others views on topics?
Man you are immature. And those 2 wont do any damage, because then YOU would be guilty of flaming.
You arent the first to not fit in here. Apparently PSO-World is a little more "Adult oriented" than other PSU websites. Stick with the PSU official server if this is too harsh.
If you cant take the heat, stay out of the kitchen!

Weeaboolits
Aug 28, 2007, 06:24 PM
It's only there when a mod is available.

Weeaboolits
Aug 28, 2007, 06:30 PM
Peeps can be hot-blooded at times, but don't let it put you off, this is a good place. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 28, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-08-28 16:15, RufuSwho wrote:

You want to DELETE the thread? Why, you simply ask a moderator to do it ;o

And you, sir, are clearly trying to anger people. You're obviously amused by these responses. . . You knew they would come.

Mystil
Aug 28, 2007, 06:58 PM
There's always been way too much tension on these boards, but it used to be much much much worse back then.

Locking and stuff is actually quite nice. When people used to get banned left and right 4 years ago(and well deserved).

DurakkenX
Aug 28, 2007, 07:26 PM
#1. Mods everywhere suck for the most part. There are a few good ones but the majority of mods are just bad. If you are expecting a sensible reply to why a topic was locked the only thing you can really expect is "we can do whatever we want and you agreed to this by agreeing to the rules that say complaining about how a mod does anything is a banable offense"

#2. There are trolls who have already been described and then there are people who get trolled constantly so having them post in your topic can lead to a lock just as much as a trolls themselves unfortunately...

#3. a vs topic is flamebait as stated, but it can be easily averted by asking for help with deciding what to play which will usually keep most trolls away and give decent info...of course though asking about a beast using a mechgun sounds dumb since i think machine guns have the lowest ATA and beast have the lowest ATA so it simply doesn't come up seriously.

Siertes
Aug 28, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-08-28 17:26, DurakkenX wrote:

of course though asking about a beast using a mechgun sounds dumb since i think machine guns have the lowest ATA and beast have the lowest ATA so it simply doesn't come up seriously.

And that, children, is the story of how arguments begin http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

McLaughlin
Aug 28, 2007, 09:20 PM
Ask a stupid question, get a bunch of stupid answers. Mods cut the stupidity off at the knees and lock the thread.

It's nothing personal, and this is in the wrong forum, and this will likely be locked. Because it was a stupid question.

See the pattern?

Mayu
Aug 28, 2007, 09:31 PM

PS2 has better cookies then XBOX 360
or does 360!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w147/Ryuugu-Rena/Roflsomething.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-08-28 19:33 ]</font>

Siertes
Aug 28, 2007, 09:54 PM
*Sigh* When are people going to learn that the PS2 has better cookies? It's also anti-skub http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Weeaboolits
Aug 28, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-08-28 19:54, Siertes wrote:
It's also anti-skub http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gifJoo got a problem with Coralians? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Also, topics are generally locked for a reason, though I've seen an FKL one locked for none on multiple occasions, also one locked and unlocked again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 28, 2007, 10:18 PM
Well, FKL topics are spam, they shouldn't really exist o;

Weeaboolits
Aug 28, 2007, 10:31 PM
On 2007-08-28 20:18, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
Well, FKL topics are spam, they shouldn't really exist o;(shush, they'll hear you)
You bite your tongue!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-08-28 20:32 ]</font>

Sord
Aug 28, 2007, 10:36 PM
I'd laugh the day FKL posts get counted and my post count jumps into 5 digit numbers, I'd take a screenie to.

Sgt_Shligger
Aug 28, 2007, 11:20 PM
I think they really should count them, or at least give us an "FKL Post Count" under our normal post count. "Whoa, he's lolsmart. . . For an FKL'r." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Powder Keg
Aug 28, 2007, 11:27 PM
Not much can be done when the entire topic goes page after page of off-topic trolling and falming. You can't expect a mod to sit there and delete post after post.

However, I see your point if only a select few posters are causing a problem on a smaller scale. I don't think a topic should always be locked just because a select few decide to take their problems on the topic instead of a PM.

RufuSwho
Aug 29, 2007, 11:22 AM
hey guy, for the record, i am indeed a forum noob of the worst kind

in hindsight, i can see that the topics i listed are just waiting to get strong opinions. of course i should've realized that from the get go

any further posts from me will be in good spirit

thanks for the tips about topics to aviod

live n' learn

RufuSwho
Aug 31, 2007, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the kind words ronin. you are right, by and large this IS a good place and most people are very helpful.

Sgt, i'm really not trying to anger anyone, just too new to this forum posting to know what to aviod.

My new threads have all been just questions for help, some really good answers i've gotten too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

anyone who said i should aviod "something vs. something" topics is completely right, too much debate in that

in the end i'm glad i started this thread, learned alot about how to keep topics from being locked

thanks everyone

Scejntjynahl
Aug 31, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-08-28 17:26, DurakkenX wrote:
of course though asking about a beast using a mechgun sounds dumb since i think machine guns have the lowest ATA and beast have the lowest ATA so it simply doesn't come up seriously.

Unless your a devoted beast fortegunner that just defyes the stereotypes of how a class "should" be played.

Look the probem with any thread asking for an opinion is that you will exactly get just that, an opinion. The difference is that some people treat them as opinions while a few select others treat them as facts. And there you have the recipe for a flamewar.

HUnewearl_Meira
Sep 1, 2007, 12:20 AM
If a topic gets caught early on with a few out-of-line posts, we may delete those posts, or split them off into their own thread that will get locked. In the case of threads that explode with unsavory behavior, we usually don't waste our time cleaning it up-- generally, in a topic like that, the posts removed will only be replaced with similar posts. It may take quite some time to clean it up to begin with, and then we'd just have to do it again, a half an hour later. It saves everyone a lot of time to just lock it, and let it die.

On the plus side, we usually distribute warnings to the parties responsible for turning well-meaning threads into Vietnam reenactments. If they don't get the idea and clean up their behavior, they get culled from the flock, so to speak.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2007-08-31 22:22 ]</font>

RufuSwho
Sep 4, 2007, 10:01 AM
right on, i understand the system alot better now

thanks everyone