PDA

View Full Version : Of noobs and Alts...

lethe
Aug 29, 2007, 07:16 AM
Why are so many high level players complete jerks to lower level players?...

It seems now that i cant get help from anyone on my Alt without being called a "noob" becuase im only lvl 21.... The only way i get into a HSM party is if i know the person, not only that but when i was around level 15 or so and got invited to a party with someone i didnt know they say "Oh sorry i didnt know u were a low level", well, i think thats a 1 and a 5 next to my name, and theres no 150 so what else would i be? Not only that but a friend of mine met this new player on the 360 and some lvl 90 told him that if he got 99 ray-photons he could get the ice version of the lvl 90's gaurment aura, so the low level, not knowing much of this game and taking the advice of the lvl 90 went out and play countless neudaiz missions until he had 99 ray-photons but it was all for nothing (although thats some really nice money for a new player)

So, this is just a thought but, i think for the 360 we should compile a list of gamercards of friendly ppl on pso-world to point lower levels in the right direction in terms of advice and maybe even help them get a few levels, most of the new players ive met are relatively nice and i think they should get the help and knowledge we can give to them since most ive met know nothing of pso-world, just a thought guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

bloodflowers
Aug 29, 2007, 07:55 AM
Cuts both ways. Why are so many low levels jerks to high levels? Bunch of L40s on the train last night. Booted yet again. I was on my L72 techer, all I was going to do was heal them until they finished the mission. I wasn't even given the chance to say that, I got as far as 'hi', before "Level 72" *booted*.

Esufer
Aug 29, 2007, 07:57 AM
list of 360 friendly people = *removed*

>_>

srsly.

EDIT: Link removed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2007-08-29 17:45 ]</font>

AC9breaker
Aug 29, 2007, 08:01 AM
Is it really that bad on the 360 server?

here on the pc/ps2 servers we got people running HSM at level 5. What I can't understand is how there are Constantly people there. I would think people would have max job points for all their classes on all their alts now. Meanwhile all other missions are practically devoid of people save for Raffon fields and Crimson Beast Jaggo hunters. =/

Sinue_v2
Aug 29, 2007, 08:11 AM
Odd. The PS2/PC servers have far less people, yet I never had any problems getting into a HSM game with my alt. I waited until I was about lvl 15-20 to start them just out of courtesy - and the most I've had to say was "I'll go", and I get invited to parties. I've also never had a problem playing with lower lvl people - as I've had quite a few runs with people below level 10 who knew how not to die and we managed to S-Rank them almost all of the time.

I only played one HSM on the 360 version, and that was with people I knew. So I don't know first hand how the population reacts to things like this - but if I don't have problems finding parties on the PS2/PC version, then I'm sure you shouldn't have problems there etiher. Just some bad luck I guess.

Zorafim
Aug 29, 2007, 05:18 PM
The X-box community has always been stereotyped to be pretty bad. This may just be an example of it.

Otis_Kat
Aug 31, 2007, 08:56 AM
It's not a stereotype when it's true =/

I played for about a month and I'm canceling my 360 license today. Just way too many unfriendly people who assume I am a stupid noob because I'm low leveled, even outside of HSM.

Scejntjynahl
Aug 31, 2007, 08:35 PM
Nachos.

Seriously the ambrosia of gods.

Oh, uh, about the lower levels. I will help them as long as they are civil and polite. Hell I have seen level 90's loling the low levels yet somehow they get killed. Which just reminds me, its not about levels. Its about playing the game right and having a good attitude towards it.