PDA

View Full Version : first red box

bigwang
Aug 29, 2007, 06:49 PM
when the first time you saw one what did you think? what was the item?
i was playing with a buddy and we just got into hard. 2 rooms in we kill something and there it was. we scrambled to get it. lol good times good times

Anduril
Aug 29, 2007, 07:39 PM
I don't remember exactly what level I was playing but it was when I had just been playing for a month. I said to myself, "Ooo, a red box. I wonder what it is?" When I got it checked I got a Varista.

AlexCraig
Aug 29, 2007, 07:57 PM
When is unknown, but I do recall Alex found a Photon Drop.

Jaspaller
Aug 29, 2007, 08:44 PM
PD'd on my first rare! Well, I wasn't actually searching for anything but a PD came from one of the boxes.

concussionman
Aug 29, 2007, 09:24 PM
I remember that my first red box was a Varista, but I was playing multi with my brother and it was his first rare too, so we fought over it for quite some time until another one popped up.

james_b
Aug 29, 2007, 10:49 PM
Varista on v1. Justice on Ep1+2

D1ABOLIK
Aug 29, 2007, 10:52 PM
An hour after i first played the game.Runnin forest on normal for the second time in a row and got a photon drop.I remember me and my roomate were in awe.So he says " I wonder what it does" ahhhh.good times. =)

________
HAWAII DISPENSARY (http://hawaii.dispensaries.org/)

Tesya
Aug 30, 2007, 01:20 AM
My first red box was an addslot in normal forest. I didn't read it properly, once I saw the use option....well you know.

darkante
Aug 30, 2007, 07:06 AM
A Varista...i was like..woah a red box, never seen one of those before..MUST RUN THERE NOW OR I WILL JUST EXPLODE.. and there it was.
But then i didnīt really care for it. XD

amtalx
Aug 30, 2007, 08:27 AM
My first rare was a Visk. At the time I thought I was god. That didn't last long...haha

Scales_of_Air
Aug 30, 2007, 08:55 AM
M&A60 Vise from Mines, Purplenum.

Ithildin
Aug 30, 2007, 10:12 AM
Addslot, same as Tesya I wasted it on the crappy armour my HUmar was wearing at the time =/

Breadmaker
Aug 30, 2007, 10:34 AM
WOOOOT id have to say the 1st one i remeber was a slicer of assassin, or perhaps an addslot but i dint know it was rare and sold it for 1k, i thought it was some wallet idk what i was thinking =)

Dymen1
Aug 30, 2007, 03:36 PM
My first red was Musashi, GC, Humar Whithill. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Banish
Aug 30, 2007, 04:29 PM
A Photon Drop was my red box, they appear on all difficulty modes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-08-30 14:30 ]</font>

zoloroel
Aug 30, 2007, 07:09 PM
my friend gave me a blade dance, but i think the first one i found was a brionac or vjaya

vorahk
Sep 1, 2007, 07:35 AM
DBs saber, stole from my brother right after he killed something i ran an got it first,

Arcyon
Sep 1, 2007, 08:30 AM
A Varista, pretty much the same as everyone else =]

Xfireshamanx
Sep 1, 2007, 03:09 PM
*Thinks back to old PSO days 3 years ago*

Excuse me if the name's wrong but I keep thinking "Diskus of Braveman" Redrum, probably Very Hard forest... I think when I quit PSO I had around nine of those. I hated them.

AlexCraig
Sep 1, 2007, 03:33 PM
(Diska of Braveman, Redria)

Arcyon
Sep 1, 2007, 03:57 PM
Ha ha, that made me chuckle =]
I remember what my second rare was: M&60 Vise (I think that's what it's called), and then I was like 'OMGWTFUX!?'. Now, it's more of a 'Wow. Yay, another 10 meseta to add to my bank account...' =]

toly369
Sep 1, 2007, 05:10 PM
The very first time I ever played PSO was on challenge mode with my friend and his cousin (it was his cousin's game), and was immediately hooked. We just had to go get a copy for ourselves and on the very first Normal Forest run, I got a Photon Drop and was like OMFG what is this. My friend *mutters profanities* knew a little more about the game than I did and was like "Dude, I'm a mage, I totally need those later on in the game." And so I was suckered out of my very first red box -.-. It didn't feel amazing or anything to get it, but when we first played on Hard Forest together, a Hildebear dropped a red box. Again, I dashed to get it, killing both my friend and myself in the process, but I did manage to pick it up. I sort of froze when I saw those light blue "SPECIAL WEAPON" letters. It turned out to be a Crush Bullet, which neither of us could use, but it was awesome nonetheless.