PDA

View Full Version : What are Wii codes for anyway?

Sekani
Aug 30, 2007, 06:37 PM
How do you get one, what do they do, what are they for, etc. Please use small words >_<

Tact
Aug 30, 2007, 06:39 PM
Wii Friend Codes allow you to send messages, pictures, etc. from one Wii to another. Also, any Miis you have set to Mingle will go to the Mii Parade on any Wiis whose Friend Codes you have.

In order to do any of this stuff, though, each Wii must have the other's code. That means no sending stuff to someone without their knowledge (at least before you get their code and give them yours).

Kent
Aug 30, 2007, 09:08 PM
It's kinda like how you add someone's Gamertag to your friends list.

Except you just put in their number, instead.

VanHalen
Aug 30, 2007, 09:22 PM
Not to mention they are a bitch to find too. To find it you must go to the mailbox and click the address book. It will tell you your Wii code there.

trypticon
Aug 31, 2007, 09:55 AM
On 2007-08-30 19:22, VanHalen wrote:
Not to mention they are a bitch to find too. To find it you must go to the mailbox and click the address book. It will tell you your Wii code there.

Yeah, that's a real bitch to find...

Well, really, he's right though. It took me a while to find it the first time. The second time I was looking for it, I'd forgotten where I'd found it the first time, so I was looking around for it for a bit.

Foxix
Aug 31, 2007, 10:34 AM
Eh, I found mine pretty easily. I just wrote it on a napkin for future reference, also I just ordered 4 wrist straps from nintendo :3 I only have one wiimote but I figured what the hell, they're free http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Anyway yeah, also it depends in some games you can do some pretty nifty things with the friend codes. Like in metroid prime 3 you can send you're friends these items that let them unlock certain extra features, like taking screen shots, bumper stickers and bobble heads..