PDA

View Full Version : PSU Fraps

DragonStorm
Aug 30, 2007, 07:52 PM
When I try to use fraps to record..it goes from smooth play to very slow when i record. How do u fix this? I have the non registered version atm.

MushiKuro
Aug 30, 2007, 07:53 PM
This i think it's normal, depends of your computer.

See ya!

X.X

DragonStorm
Aug 30, 2007, 07:55 PM
its a 2004 model...no way it shouldnt be able to run this program well. it runs psu perfectly, im gonna try and see if i can get it to work...um does anyone else use another program to record and doesnt cause slow down.

DurakkenX
Aug 30, 2007, 07:57 PM
you have to adjust PSU settings and frap settings till you can run it smoothly at the best quality you can... personally i can run at near max with 1/2 screen size for fraps and run smoothly >.>

Ceresa
Aug 30, 2007, 08:07 PM
Assuming you run PSU at 60 FPS, set fraps to 60 FPS.

Not recording sound helps. Turning down PSU resolution helps.

You need a pretty hefty setup to record at max settings with no slowdown.

Dragwind
Aug 30, 2007, 08:11 PM
Year on a PC usually doesn't mean anything. PC's are not cars. Most people do have problems running fraps with psu concerning framerates. I would turn down the psu resolution, turn off the sound recording on fraps helps as well. You could also record fraps in half resolution.

DragonStorm
Aug 30, 2007, 08:12 PM
weird..no matter if i put it to max setting or minimal setting it records at the same pace >.> man i wish i was smart with computers lol. i want to record a nice vid but fraps has failed me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

DurakkenX
Aug 30, 2007, 08:18 PM
Ummm PSU doesn't run at 60FPS. It runs ats 30FPS as it is designed for interlaced video...ie 30FPS...plus fraps tells you it almost never goes past 30 FPS.

don't record at lower resolution than lowest resolution of PSU.
Also... there is something else but i forget... i'm fairly certain it was either insulting or helpful...

got a banana?

ZeroVer01
Aug 31, 2007, 12:50 AM
Umm... According to fraps, psu runs a 60 FPS for me...

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 5, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-08-30 18:18, DurakkenX wrote:
Ummm PSU doesn't run at 60FPS. It runs ats 30FPS as it is designed for interlaced video...ie 30FPS...plus fraps tells you it almost never goes past 30 FPS.

don't record at lower resolution than lowest resolution of PSU.
Also... there is something else but i forget... i'm fairly certain it was either insulting or helpful...

got a banana?

Excuse me, but PSU CAN run at 60 FPS if you. . .

A: Have a nice PC.

B: Play on 360

The movies in game only run at 30FPS, but the actual gameplay goes up to 60. Also, you mentioned something about Fraps only doing 30FPS?
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/sgtshligger/fraps60.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see a 60 option. . . Even an option to put in your own frame rate (though I doubt this works for things far beyond 60).