PDA

View Full Version : ...in the time before 2 worlds the psu population was 3 1/2

Shishi-O
Aug 31, 2007, 02:38 AM
now it sorta resembles the pc/ps2 population...

First my nightwalkers break, now this shit.

I am not just bitching, I want to address a very important issue.

Cliques...

Now that the general population has migrated to the new thing hopefully just briefly, the cliques that remain, are turning off everybody.

No parties in seabed!! WTF? Also crimson and plains overlord

Dead in the middle of the day?

If u care about this game and don't want this version to go the way of the dreamcast version u better bring some friends.

More than 1/2 the population is gone..this is serious issue.

If you don't like the way this was presented, represent it in your own fashion. This istoo serious an issue to not discuss

pikachief
Aug 31, 2007, 02:41 AM
also blue dragon came out!

cant wait for Halo 3! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

lol 3 of my friends quit at the same time 2 days ago, and 2 mroe are quitting very soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

and one is thinking of quitting.

also after i got two-worlds i dont play this much at all anymore.

face it this games dead >.> http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

landman
Aug 31, 2007, 02:50 AM
I haven't played in two days, doesn't mean I'm leaving, I just had business with some syndicate organizations and there were only two solutions: 1. kick their butts with Blaze (SOR2), and 2. Eat their hearts (The Darkness)

mvffin
Aug 31, 2007, 03:10 AM
You mean people actually play two worlds? I love how the game freezes every 3 seconds during multiplayer. also how you cant turn off friendly fire, and there are two enemies hiding somewhere on the gigantic uneventful map that can actually be killed at level 1.

pikachief
Aug 31, 2007, 03:14 AM
On 2007-08-31 01:10, mvffin wrote:
You mean people actually play two worlds? I love how the game freezes every 3 seconds during multiplayer. also how you cant turn off friendly fire, and there are two enemies hiding somewhere on the gigantic uneventful map that can actually be killed at level 1.

I play with my friend on it all the time.... also we dont mind the killing of each other, its fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

another thing is that we find plenty of things to fight in the game that sometimes kill us in 1-5 hits even though we're lvl 40 with very strong armor.

its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be >.>
also there are no US servers so the multi-player is very laggy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif but when we do get our servers it will be good again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Misaki Ki
Aug 31, 2007, 03:31 AM
Dead in the middle of the day?

A lot of people have school and work now...

pikachief
Aug 31, 2007, 03:31 AM
no i've seen it dead all the time now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Misaki Ki
Aug 31, 2007, 03:50 AM
Usually one and two are still full, but it's such a small time frame when it is. (Fighting to get in Universe 1 is not fun...) I will agree that Universe 3 is pretty much dead now though.

Revolt2origin
Aug 31, 2007, 03:52 AM
On 2007-08-31 01:14, pikachief wrote:
there are no US servers so the multi-player is very laggy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif but when we do get our servers it will be good again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Only the PC version has servers.

pikachief
Aug 31, 2007, 03:56 AM
On 2007-08-31 01:52, Revolt2origin wrote:

On 2007-08-31 01:14, pikachief wrote:
there are no US servers so the multi-player is very laggy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif but when we do get our servers it will be good again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Only the PC version has servers.

so its not laggy for u? i have heard of them patching teh 360 soon or fixing it in some way soon for 360 though....

Revolt2origin
Aug 31, 2007, 04:15 AM
The lag is bad on both versions. But a patch may fix things.

LLSmoothJ
Aug 31, 2007, 04:17 AM
Usually around 11/12 in the afternoon, Universe 1 is barely full. Yesterday I was hoping to find a party for Crimson Beast, but unfortunately hardly anyone was there so I just went to Seabed. I figured people would be in school (I'm about to be one of those people in a matter of days.) so I wasn't that surprised. In the evenings I usually see Uni 1 and 2 full. Then again, there could be a lot of reasons for the population decrease? *shrugs*

Dragwind
Aug 31, 2007, 04:39 AM
Wow you guys are crazy...All you do is nag. Good thing about your population going down is that its mostly the morons who are quitting because they suck at the game, then make excuses saying this sucks and that sucks.

Come AoI, you probably wont be complaining, but then again you probably will because its all you people do.

Zantra
Aug 31, 2007, 04:42 AM
Maybe if PSU wasn't a poorly made follow up, to a great game like PSO, maybe more people would play it...

And, don't argue with me, Sega is adding all the PSO-like content to PSU in the expansion, because they know it's true, also.

Esufer
Aug 31, 2007, 05:26 AM
Wait for everyone to finish bioshock and get bored of two worlds, and finish the insane start of term workload at school, and they'll be back.

Don't worry. :]

pikachief
Aug 31, 2007, 05:29 AM
On 2007-08-31 03:26, Esufer wrote:
Wait for everyone to finish bioshock and get bored of two worlds, and finish the insane start of term workload at school, and they'll be back.

Don't worry. :]

actually im getting more and more interested in two-worlds XD

Hatemachine
Aug 31, 2007, 05:29 AM
Well the way I see it this last few weeks has seen the release of some rather awesome games.

I played PSU religiously almost and shortly before bioshocks release got my Beast Fighgunner to 20 but havent really been on since.

Then came a week later blue dragon which im still having a blast playing.

Besides that oddly enough my 2 main running buddies are offline for awhile one with possible carpal tunnel from playing psu and games in general ALOT and the other's 360 died and ruined her psu disc.

So yeah no worries folks will be comin back pretty sure of that way I'm seeing it it's a great break time anyway makes the game feel better

kinda like goin on vacation then coming back home you enjoyed the time away but gettin home just feels nice.

susaru7
Aug 31, 2007, 05:32 AM
Time will tell,and when AOI COMES OUT THE GAME IS GONNA HAVE 5 SERVERS FULL

Esufer
Aug 31, 2007, 05:34 AM
On 2007-08-31 03:32, susaru7 wrote:
Time will tell,and when AOI COMES OUT THE GAME IS GONNA HAVE 5 SERVERS FULL

That's what I'm thinking.
We'll get a bigger population, then the population will dip for a week or two when halo comes out, and then it'll go back up.

Baku
Aug 31, 2007, 06:03 AM
BAAWWWWWWWW *cough*

Sinue_v2
Aug 31, 2007, 06:38 AM
... how about merging the servers to get more players. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Good thing about your population going down is that its mostly the morons who are quitting because they suck at the game

lol, yeah, that's it...

Come AoI, you probably wont be complaining, but then again you probably will because its all you people do.

Welcome to pretty much every Phantasy Star forum that's ever existed. And to a lesser digree, welcome to the internet.

bloodflowers
Aug 31, 2007, 07:01 AM
one with possible carpal tunnel from playing psu and games in general

Gunner by any chance?

It was extremely irresponsible to not include rapid fire in PSU. Sure, people can limit their play time, but on a game where you expect people to play for many hours, making them press X thousands of times every few hours is ... there's not even a word for how stupid that is.

amtalx
Aug 31, 2007, 07:12 AM
If the past is any indication, PSU won't spring back quite like people say it will. Halo 2 razed the population of PSO-X. Even after months, it was still a shadow of what it once was and never returned to its original point. PSU has to endure Halo 3 AND Mass Effect, which are two of the original selling points for 360. I for one will gladly abandon PSU for Mass Effect. BioWare is a far superior developer than ST. Don't get me wrong, I like PSU but I won't pass up better games. I'll just put PSU on hold while I play something else, then come back to PSU when I'm done.

PJ
Aug 31, 2007, 08:00 AM
On 2007-08-31 02:42, Zantra wrote:
Maybe if PSU wasn't a poorly made follow up, to a great game like PSO, maybe more people would play it...

And, don't argue with me, Sega is adding all the PSO-like content to PSU in the expansion, because they know it's true, also.

Naw dog.

ST's just a good company who listens to their whiney baby customers.

Sekani
Aug 31, 2007, 09:32 AM
Haven't played PSU in a week, haven't missed it. After a VERY long drought of anything decent to play there are finally some good games already out and coming out for both the Wii and the 360 before the end of the year.

I mean, what am I gonna do in PSU anyway? Run the same mission a hundred times looking for an S-rank and get upset when I don't find it? That doesn't sound like much fun, does it?

Midicronica
Aug 31, 2007, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I haven't played PSU in about week, as well. Let me finish beating Two Worlds single player, get carpal tunnel from Guitar Hero II, and beat Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. Then, I'll come back to playing like I was before these awesome titles were released. Guitar Hero II is by no means new, but I just got it so, yeah..

The grinding for S rank has gotten a bit dull and that's the reason I'm taking a bit of a break from PSU. I'll get on today and try out the new missions, but after that it's back to Two Worlds, yo.

Zantra
Aug 31, 2007, 02:37 PM
And, who cares about new games, when I have so many old games, that I have never even finished!

McLaughlin
Aug 31, 2007, 03:02 PM
There's this thing called School. Takes up a quarter of most adolescents' day.

And 2 Universes is not akin to less than 1 Universe.

Scejntjynahl
Aug 31, 2007, 08:42 PM
On 2007-08-31 05:01, bloodflowers wrote:

Gunner by any chance?

It was extremely irresponsible to not include rapid fire in PSU. Sure, people can limit their play time, but on a game where you expect people to play for many hours, making them press X thousands of times every few hours is ... there's not even a word for how stupid that is.

Uh, they have machine guns that are fully automatic. -_-

EphekZ
Sep 1, 2007, 12:08 AM

Gunner by any chance?

"HAY GUIS LES ALL BLAME ST CUZ I PLAY 2 MUCH VIDEO GAMES OLOLOLOLOL!!!!!onenoneone1111111"

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 1, 2007, 05:50 AM
On 2007-08-31 18:42, Scejntjynahl wrote:

Gunner by any chance?

Uh, they have machine guns that are fully automatic. -_-

Some of us rangers don't button mash, some of us happen to use this little thing called timing. It's when you don't button mash and simply pay attention! Who knew it could work?

Also, you're more likely to get carpal tunnel from typing all day then tapping X/Square all all day ;(

Broodstar1337
Sep 1, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-08-31 06:00, PJ wrote:

On 2007-08-31 02:42, Zantra wrote:

Naw dog.

ST's just a good company who listens to their whiney baby customers as long as they're Japanese.

Fixed

PJ
Sep 1, 2007, 04:03 PM
What exactly does Japan server have that we don't? Sure, they have a bit more content than us, but the game came out sooner for them.

The only thing you can use is Famitsu, which doesn't make or break this game. Not even close. If the chance of this event coming to our servers is what keeps you playing, then you obviously aren't having fun and should quit.

Edit: As my friend said:

To put things in perspective, Japan has a few more sets of clothes, level 100 cap, 10th story mission and the Fakis party mission over us. That's it.(From the top of my head anyways)
Thats SO much more, better go kill myself and hope I'm reincarnated as a Japanese girl.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-09-01 14:25 ]</font>

Mystil
Sep 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
After reading this thread, I'm fully convinced that I was doomed to chronic quitting from the very day I bought the PC version.

In anycase, yes the game is dead and the only ones who give a damn bout it now are the elitist rare hunters.

ST handled the game wrong, I don't know why half this board disagrees with that and comes up with lame excuses as to why "they do these things", but ST has. When AoI comes out, don't expect a full game. All those neat clothes? You're not getting them all til late next year while the every growing JP version gets ALL OF THEM before February..

ADMIT IT NOW; YOU were FUCKED by this company big time. For once, for ONCE hacking played little role in yet another online FLOP by Sonic Team.

Vicious1080
Sep 3, 2007, 10:40 PM
what the... Are people seriously playing Two Worlds? The voice acting is hilarious, I can barely move since I get a constant 10 FPS or lower, and the text is crazy small, all the creatures look the same, and the graphics look like PS1 graphics. I am playing on 720P though, so maybe the FPS are better on 480i?

ABDUR101
Sep 3, 2007, 11:06 PM
Thats such an exaggerated description of TW, it's not even funny. The game has it's problems, but if it's not your cup of tea, move along to something you'll like better. It's a fun game for what it is, and I've certainly played worse(PSU).

Vicious1080
Sep 4, 2007, 02:33 PM
Like I said, maybe its my resolution, but I am getting a constant 10 FPS. I love RPGs, I loved Oblivion, I loved Diablo, but this game is laughable.

What exactly did I exaggerate about? The voice acting might be the worst voice acting I have ever heard in a game, which is quite a bold statement. The graphics are horrible, everything clips in and out, textures disappear when you walk over them, many of the textures are "blocky", and the slowdown is atrocious. At 720P I have to squint to see the text, and yes my contacts are up to date. Oh, and the motion captures are quite amusing.

Graphics are not that important to me in an RPG. But the problem with this is it feels like I am playing in slow motion with such horrible frames per second. Thats just offline, I found online to be way worst with people killing each other on pupose and on accident.

I still have the game with hopes that a patch will fix some issues, but I am not holding my breath.

ABDUR101
Sep 4, 2007, 04:03 PM
I used to play at 1080i, but I switched to 480p, STANDARD resolution(not widescreen) and the game runs at an excellent clip, the text is fine to read(I too would get headaches trying to squint to read at 1080i and 720p). However, I'm not experiencing any 'blocky' textures, nor any 'clipping in and out' and certainly haven't had any textures just up and disappear while playing(on any resolution). Maybe explain that abit more?

Yes, the voice acting is comical; but so is PSU's; which makes me want to just stick Q-tips through my ear-drums. But then I've been gaming for the better part of 20 years, so voice acting is the least of my concerns, most of my gaming life was with games that had NO voice acting.

I suggest for you to enjoy the game more; atleast with a decent frame-rate and not hurting your eyes with the small text(they did'nt port it to 360 very well when it comes to playing in higher resolutions); play in 480p, standard definition. I'm playing on a 32" HDTV and everything I've heard is that 480p standard def is the way to go, and I can attest to it. My game plays much smoother aswell, rarely ever do I get a 'hiccup' in frames, some serious fighting has to be going on for that to happen.

Anyway, hope that helps. They're working on a patch to address numerous issues though, so hope for the best. In any case, I'm having a blast. More fun than I even had in Oblivion, and thats saying something.

omegapirate2k
Sep 4, 2007, 09:47 PM
On 2007-09-01 14:03, PJ wrote:

To put things in perspective, Japan has a few more sets of clothes, level 100 cap, 10th story mission and the Fakis party mission over us. That's it.(From the top of my head anyways)
Thats SO much more, better go kill myself and hope I'm reincarnated as a Japanese girl.

You should try to do that regardless, EVERYONE SHOULD.

Powder Keg
Sep 4, 2007, 11:20 PM
I'ts a weeknight, 12 Eastern time, and there are only 2 stars on PC/PS2, and not a single team doing Dulk FAkis, a BRAND NEW mission....

This is a little frustrating....

Powder Keg
Sep 4, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-09-02 09:11, Mystil wrote:
After reading this thread, I'm fully convinced that I was doomed to chronic quitting from the very day I bought the PC version.

In anycase, yes the game is dead and the only ones who give a damn bout it now are the elitist rare hunters.

ST handled the game wrong, I don't know why half this board disagrees with that and comes up with lame excuses as to why "they do these things", but ST has. When AoI comes out, don't expect a full game. All those neat clothes? You're not getting them all til late next year while the every growing JP version gets ALL OF THEM before February..

ADMIT IT NOW; YOU were FUCKED by this company big time. For once, for ONCE hacking played little role in yet another online FLOP by Sonic Team.

Quoted for truth, at least so far. Hacking can't be used as an excuse anymore, since it was totally a way smaller problem this time.

If AOI can't keep at least one full universe on a regular basis for at least a year after release this game is as good as failed. If AOI wasn't coming out, PSU would already be a barren wasteland, so AOI is pretty much ST's last chance. They need to market this well and give players more incentives to stay.

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2007, 11:48 PM
On 2007-09-04 19:47, omegapirate2k wrote:

On 2007-09-01 14:03, PJ wrote:

You should try to do that regardless, EVERYONE SHOULD.

Dammit I wanted to say that so bad when I saw that post. -_-