PDA

View Full Version : The worst games you ever played.

Blue-Hawk
Aug 31, 2007, 11:08 AM
Just wondering what they worst games you ever played were. Doesn't have to be in order nor reasons why.

For me, it would have to be the following-
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Halo games
Bioshock
Daikatana
ANY game made by Techmo
Any Final Fantasy after 6, with the exception of 9
Unreal 2
World Hero's games
WoW
Everquest
The old Gold Box D&D games

I have more, but I need to think on the titles.

--
Mod edit: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-08-31 19:07 ]</font>

NPCMook
Aug 31, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-08-31 09:08, Blue-Hawk wrote:
Just wondering what they worst games you ever played were. Doesn't have to be in order nor reasons why.

Halo games
Bioshock
Daikatana
ANY game made by Techmo
Unreal 2
World Hero's games
WoW
Everquest

Opening Pandora's Box are we?

amtalx
Aug 31, 2007, 11:55 AM
Here's my list as far as popular games go:

Mario 64
Resident Evil
Half-life

Foxix
Aug 31, 2007, 11:56 AM
*hasn't played bioshock* uhhh but isn't that regarded as one of the best games ever? Not saying you can't dislike it but jeeeze.....

Weeaboolits
Aug 31, 2007, 12:15 PM
http://www.genkivideogames.com/images/Dmgpawyjfront.jpg

AC9breaker
Aug 31, 2007, 12:56 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fe/Time-commando.jpg/250px-Time-commando.jpg

Worst Fucking game ever.

Shattered_weasel
Aug 31, 2007, 01:03 PM
Someone's a Troll.

VioletSkye
Aug 31, 2007, 01:04 PM
On 2007-08-31 10:56, AC9breaker wrote:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fe/Time-commando.jpg/250px-Time-commando.jpg

Worst Fucking game ever.

not so fast buddy:

http://psofiles3.home.bresnan.net/superman.jpg

Weeaboolits
Aug 31, 2007, 01:09 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/Etvideogamecover.jpg

VioletSkye
Aug 31, 2007, 01:12 PM
Heh, for whatever reason I actually kinda liked ET http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weeaboolits
Aug 31, 2007, 01:15 PM
I actually haven't played it, only things I've played on the 2600 were Breakout and Tank Pong.

Otis_Kat
Aug 31, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-08-31 11:12, VioletSkye wrote:
Heh, for whatever reason I actually kinda liked ET http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I liked falling in those stupid holes and being kidnapped by what I assume is a pedophile in a trench coat.

HANDS DOWN WORST GAME EVER

http://www.consoleclassix.com/info_img/Total_Recall_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg

WATCH OUT FOR THAT MIDGET IN THE PINK JUMPSUIT ARNOLD!
http://emu-russia.km.ru/gdb/nes/Total_Recall_1.png

DikkyRay
Aug 31, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-08-31 11:03, Shattered_weasel wrote:
Someone's a Troll.

Weeaboolits
Aug 31, 2007, 01:42 PM
I haven't played many I straight up disliked, also, a lot of games I don't like aren't necessarily bad, just not to my liking, such as Mortal Kombat, I'm sure it's a perfectly good fighter, but I'm rather picky and also dislike the overall look of the series, I also hate how I punch someone in the face and what appears to be ten gallons of strawberry jelly shoots out of their head. :/

I almost never buy a game without renting it first, so I generally don't care if they're bad, I just won't play them again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

zentetsua
Aug 31, 2007, 01:53 PM
any power ranger game
pugsy
jet force gemini
neo contra
nintendogs
hybrid heaven
ones i really hate in bold.
that's it for now need to think more...

Kylie
Aug 31, 2007, 02:02 PM
Anime games. They're usually crap. =/

Otis_Kat
Aug 31, 2007, 02:13 PM
On 2007-08-31 12:02, Kylie wrote:
Anime games. They're usually crap. =/

That's because they usually bank off of the "OMG it's Anime!~" factor instead of the "Hey, this game is fun!" aspect of game development.

Weeaboolits
Aug 31, 2007, 02:13 PM
On 2007-08-31 12:02, Kylie wrote:
Anime games. They're usually crap. =/Indeed, I did find the Fullmetal Alchemist ones amusing, I did regret buying the second one, though. I ended up selling it back to Blockbuster. >_>;

Firocket1690
Aug 31, 2007, 02:23 PM
DS games are often a gamble, as they have a lot of good potential, but often end up as shit, and forcing the stylus to be used unecessarily. Oh, and failed attempt at RTS style games, too.

Starfox Command, LostMagic, Planet Puzzle League, Nintendogs.

Others are good ideas on paper, but don't translate well into full games.
Megaman Transmission, Kirby's Canvas Curse, and Metroid Pinball all could've been polished a bit more.

And lastly, there are some short modifications that just break a good solid concept.

Forces and tagging COs makes AWDS broken.

Pokemon DP, I can live without the graphics. And the "a to activate buttons, again to select" which implies that it was intended for stylus based.

and Megaman Star Force's battle system could've passed for a minigame type controls, as to having the whole game based around it.

Kylie
Aug 31, 2007, 02:26 PM
Only good ones were like the pokemon and some Yu-Gi-Oh ones.
(out of the ones I've played anyways)

Feelmirath
Aug 31, 2007, 02:30 PM
http://www.tomheroes.com/images/NES%20Great%20Waldo%20Search.jpg

WORST FUCKING GAME EVER.

EDIT:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/f/fa/250px-Waldo-NES.png

COULD YOU EVEN FIND HIM IF THAT WAS A FULL-SIZED PICTURE? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feelmirath on 2007-08-31 12:32 ]</font>

Sayara
Aug 31, 2007, 04:08 PM
He changes color too.
ANgry Nintendo Nerd talked about this game. I think

ShinMaruku
Aug 31, 2007, 06:35 PM
How can you hate Ninja Gaiden?
That game is gold

McLaughlin
Aug 31, 2007, 07:44 PM
Looks like a popular-hater.

Final Fantasy X-2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-08-31 17:48 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Aug 31, 2007, 08:17 PM
Haha! Hoho!

Time Stalkers (Dreamcast): The old random encounter based RPG, except that along with abysmal graphics, quests were especially frustrating due to the fact that you were not guaranteed to find the mission item on your first dungeon run.

Deus Ex: Invisible War (PC): Everything from Deus Ex changed, simplified and thrown into a story and world that feels much less compelling than its predecessor. As a standalone title, Invisible War might have succeeded a bit, but hanging on to the Deus Ex franchise put the bar much too high for the end result.

CORUM Online, RF Online, 2Moons (PC): All because of mindless, boring point-and-click RPG with zero innovation.

Slave Zero (Dreamcast): Despite commandeering a giant robot over ten stories tall, the sense of scale is absolutely nonexistant. You fight in a vertical city shaped more like a series of corridors than a real city. You mostly fight enemy robots of your own size or bigger, therefore making you feel even smaller than you really are. Framerate is horrendous and can even be deadly during intense firefights.

Gunbound: World Champion (PC): Perhaps the only progress-based game where you don't feel like you are progressing at all. All items are rented. Buying either costs real money, or costs a nearly impossible amount of game money. The classic beauty of Scorched Earth degenerated into an online game designed to entertain kids and squeeze as much allowance money out of them as possible.

Wii Play (Wii): Also known as "a 40 dollar controller that comes with a game". While the game itself does a good job of teaching the Wii controls, it delivers little otherwise - even as a party game. I noticed the kids like Wii Sports much more.

Runescape (PC): No innovation, and feels like a chore more than anything else. It's a meagerly adequate replacement if your dungeon master friend is sick on tabletop night.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2007-08-31 18:21 ]</font>

Blue-Hawk
Aug 31, 2007, 08:21 PM
Agreed on the 2Moons, Kodi. I tried that game. Horrid beyond measure.

RoninJoku
Aug 31, 2007, 09:31 PM
lol... Time Stalkers... I actually liked that game way back when... But that was before I really knew what a good RPG was.

Er... Well, I will refrain from what I really wanna say I hate in this thread... Because it's really not that bad, I just like taking the opportunity to dis it.

Let's see then, that leaves...

Pokemon Snap
S.C.A.R.S.
Sim City 2000 GBA (Talk about a butchered port)
Space Cowboy (along with just about any other free online game with mmorpg elements.)
Summoner
Robokid
Various old extremely forgettable SEGA Genesis/Super Nintendo games that are not worth remembering...

PJ
Aug 31, 2007, 10:20 PM
Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon.

This was the first game I bought for my DS, and it was AWFUL. Pokemon Ranger, despite being short, quickly remedied this by being SUPER aweosme.

Although Kingdom Hearts 1 wasn't bad, compared to 2, it was pure and absolute garbage. That's just how much better 2 is.

OH. Speaking of KH, Chain of Memories. I don't give a shit what anyone has to say, that game is BORING. Bored me out of my MIND. I don't think I lasted longer than... 2? 3 stages of Soras story? And Riku I atleast got past Riku Replica, which was one SET of stages. Still fucking awful.

Dark Cloud. I was so excited to play this, after years of having no PS2, finally got one, tried it, and I was so disappointed that it wasn't funny.

Speaking of RPG, Final Fantasy 10/12. I'm not gonna argue with people who say they're good, but I personally didn't enjoy the battle system.

MAPLE STORY. GOD WHY.

That'll be all for now.

Ryno
Aug 31, 2007, 10:38 PM
Dark Kingdom for the PS3

(sucks)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-08-31 20:39 ]</font>

Zorafim
Aug 31, 2007, 10:49 PM
Erm, Kingdom Hearts was superior to Kingdom Hearts II in just about every way I can think of besides combat gameplay and graphics (Music was tied). Those last two, KHII did have an advantage.

As for terrible games, I can't say what the worst game ever was for me. But I will say that Xenosaga was pretty bad, for a new game. Gameplay was basically running around, avoiding monster thingies. If one touches you, you have to use a half minute long special attack to take them all out, then move on. The cutscenes were rather long, which I suppose wasn't too bad of a thing (pretty good anime, I'd have to say). It's just the gameplay was so slow, it feels like it was tacked on later.

I taught myself how to do cartwheels while playing this game. No joke. Beautiful graphics, though.

Getintothegame
Sep 1, 2007, 12:32 AM
Anyone remember the Ducktales game for the Genesis? I couldn't play that game for more than a couple minutes. I also really disliked Twisted Metal.

Hm... I played the Bioshock Demo, but it froze on me. Kinda took the hype of the game out of me.

Otis_Kat
Sep 1, 2007, 10:09 AM
On 2007-08-31 19:31, RoninJoku wrote:
Pokemon Snap
I remember getting that for Christmas in 1999 or whenever it came out. I was all excited and I played it right away. Two hours later I had the game beat and wondered why I wanted such a bad game in the first place.

Remember those stupid Snap Stations at Blockbuster?

Arcyon
Sep 1, 2007, 10:16 AM
I can't believe no-one's mentioned 'Justice League:Heroes' yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif .
And I think the most disappointing Final Fantasy was 9; I just really didn't like Zidane =]

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention... you should check out which award this game won...

http://www.rebelplanetcreations.com/?gclid=CM-kp53Hoo4CFQtBMAod9BgXRA

Edit: Here, read this for more information =]

http://rebelplanetcreations.com/games/the-axys-adventures--truth-seeker.html

P.S. Not that I'm taking the mess out of anyone's religion, it just made me giggle +D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Acronychal on 2007-09-01 08:22 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Sep 1, 2007, 11:34 AM
On 2007-09-01 08:16, Acronychal wrote:

And I think the most disappointing Final Fantasy was 9; I just really didn't like Zidane =]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Acronychal on 2007-09-01 08:22 ]</font>

Nothing wrong with that, its my least favorite as well. Won't stop me from palying it though

Arcyon
Sep 1, 2007, 11:38 AM
On 2007-09-01 09:26, Shattered_weasel wrote:

Shut your whore mouth.

Well, it's just an opinion =]

Vitamin_D
Sep 1, 2007, 01:02 PM
Final Fantasy IX. >_>

Esufer
Sep 1, 2007, 01:20 PM
Alundra 2.

Banish
Sep 1, 2007, 01:24 PM
Pokemon Snap

Disney games

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fujita on 2007-09-01 11:24 ]</font>

Broodstar1337
Sep 1, 2007, 10:31 PM
A challenger appears
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t155/popoface1993/zelda201.jpg

Dre_o
Sep 1, 2007, 10:55 PM
Hmm...well...give me a second while I rummage through our games...find ones I dislike...

RoboTeck (or whatever it's called)
HALO 2 (Halo 1 was alright. ITS fun balanced out it's flaws. Halo 2, not even close to that balance)
Realistic Sports games like Madden (COME ON, If I want to play sports video games, I want them to be like NFL Blitz 2000. No Refs, No rules, No mercy. If I want to play REAL football, I'll go play it outside dammit)

Also, games based off of Anime SUCK. Very, VERY, VERY few exceptions.

I know there are a few others, but I don't remember them at the moment.

(Personally, I love Final Fantasy IX, I'd play it again any day. And don't hate FFIX because it doesn't have S3p1R0tH in it.)

Mayu
Sep 1, 2007, 11:30 PM
Devil may Cry Two

One was great -.- along with Three

Two was just stupid

Vitamin_D
Sep 2, 2007, 12:07 AM
On 2007-09-01 20:55, Dre_o wrote:

(Personally, I love Final Fantasy IX, I'd play it again any day. And don't hate FFIX because it doesn't have S3p1R0tH in it.)

FF IX sucks because its boring, the story is meh, the music is forgettable, the gameplay is blah, and the characters even worse. It's the only game I can remember where I actually fell asleep playing it. To think too, this is only the short version of my rant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. So rest assured, it has nothing to do with Sephiroth.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 2, 2007, 01:12 AM
On 2007-09-01 22:07, Vitamin_D wrote:

On 2007-09-01 20:55, Dre_o wrote:

FF IX sucks because its boring, the story is meh, the music is forgettable, the gameplay is blah, and the characters even worse. It's the only game I can remember where I actually fell asleep playing it. To think too, this is only the short version of my rant http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. So rest assured, it has nothing to do with Sephiroth.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH *GASP* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This is the only FF worth playing. Ever. Characters that actually matter. Not Cloud who bawled the whole game through or Squall who fell in love with someone in the matter of seconds or Tidus...I don't even have to touch that one or even Vaan who had nothing to do with the story. You got Vivi who is to this date one of the best Characters in any FF ever and Zidane who is a womanizing bastard. How can you not like that. On top of that good villains. One was a greedy bitch multi-personality bitch, One was a female/male combo that actually used the power he had. HE BLEW UP A FUCKING PLANET! Then you had Garland...my gawd I have to go change my pants.

But I digress, your opinion sucks.

Vitamin_D
Sep 2, 2007, 01:47 AM
On 2007-09-01 23:12, Shattered_weasel wrote:

This is the only FF worth playing. Ever. Characters that actually matter. Not Cloud who bawled the whole game through or Squall who fell in love with someone in the matter of seconds or Tidus...I don't even have to touch that one or even Vaan who had nothing to do with the story. You got Vivi who is to this date one of the best Characters in any FF ever and Zidane who is a womanizing bastard. How can you not like that. On top of that good villains. One was a greedy bitch multi-personality bitch, One was a female/male combo that actually used the power he had. HE BLEW UP A FUCKING PLANET! Then you had Garland...my gawd I have to go change my pants.

But I digress, your opinion sucks.

Vivi what a tragic hero right? My advice to him" "cry more nub." Especially since he turns out fine in the ending... and has kids? Zidane is meh too. So he starts out as said womanizer but ends up a big softie by the end, cute. Not to mention his true origin... he's from another planet! That's where the tail's from! That's AWESOME Zidane is totally Goku. Our psycho queen, she became less and less important by game's end to make any difference. Yeah Kuja blew up a planet, and no one seemed to be overly stressed about it by the game's end, weird. Garland even? Yeah that name sounds familiar... oh yeah, he's a villain in the first Final Fantasy, odd >_>. Joined by these all stars is a big clumsy knight, a he/she clown thing that eats food, a giant rat or elephant... or something. The "flaming" Amarant who is hard to take serious because he looks like Ronald McDonald with an attitude. A runaway princess (because that's new and exciting...) who falls for the "bad boy". Even a super anime-inspired cat girl. Topped off with a super predictable ending, hurray. Yeah I hate FF IX and my opinion of said game will never change. Feel free to disagree, I'll still hate it.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 2, 2007, 02:09 AM
On 2007-09-01 23:47, Vitamin_D wrote:
Yeah Kuja blew up a planet, and no one seemed to be overly stressed about it by the game's end, weird.

Please tell me you are joking. Him blowing up someone's world added HUGE impact to the story and to the characters

Garland even? Yeah that name sounds familiar... oh yeah, he's a villain in the first
Final Fantasy, odd >_>.

Get your "cute" faces out of here. Especially when you don't know why he is named that.

Joined by these all stars is a big clumsy knight, a he/she clown thing that eats food, a giant rat or elephant... or something. The "flaming" Amarant who is hard to take serious because he looks like Ronald McDonald with an attitude. A runaway princess (because that's new and exciting...) who falls for the "bad boy". Even a super anime-inspired cat girl.

Annnnnnnnd? All but Amarant and Quina had more to them. And I would like to add that Quina was one of the best comedy characters made.

Topped off with a super predictable ending, hurray.

You mean the play? One of the greatest scenes in any RPG ever.

Yeah I hate FF IX and my opinion of said game will never change. Feel free to disagree, I'll still hate it.

Then you're an idiot.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shattered_weasel on 2007-09-02 00:09 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Sep 2, 2007, 02:39 AM
So he doesn't like FFIX, he's allowed to dislike whatever he wants. I haven't played it, played VIII and X, though. I like d them both, they were fun. ;3

Shattered_weasel
Sep 2, 2007, 02:42 AM
On 2007-09-02 00:39, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
So he doesn't like FFIX, he's allowed to dislike whatever he wants.

Not when it comes to this. It is the only game I will go into a rage about. NOW ADMIT HE IS WRONG!

Vitamin_D
Sep 2, 2007, 02:48 AM
On 2007-09-02 00:09, Shattered_weasel wrote:

[quote]Please tell me you are joking. Him blowing up someone's world added HUGE impact to the story and to the characters

It did when it happend yes, and that makes sense. By the time you get to the game's conclusion though, the two worlds combine? Not as shocking when the ending takes it as "that sucked... but oh well!"

Get your "cute" faces out of here. Especially when you don't know why he is named that.

It was a way to solidify the "old meets new" philosophy for FF IX. What's more old school than the first FF right? To me it seems like something tacked on that didn't need to be, and I'll be as cute as I want http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

Annnnnnnnd? All but Amarant and Quina had more to them. And I would like to add that Quina was one of the best comedy characters made.

Annnnnnd while there may be more to them, they're already a cast I could care less about. Giant rats with amnesia? I don't care. Yes there's obviously more, but if I don't like the characters to begin with, its a lost cause. And Quina wasn't funny, just annoying.

You mean the play? One of the greatest scenes in any RPG ever.

Hardly, you want one of the best scenes in any RPG ever? That would be the Opera Scene in Final Fantasy VI. Much better, more dramatic, and again, it's not super predictable.

Then you're an idiot.

Sticks and stones my friend. The bottom line is my opinion differs from yours, deal with it. I still hate FF IX.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitamin_D on 2007-09-02 00:52 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Sep 2, 2007, 02:57 AM
On 2007-09-02 00:42, Shattered_weasel wrote:

On 2007-09-02 00:39, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
So he doesn't like FFIX, he's allowed to dislike whatever he wants.Not when it comes to this. It is the only game I will go into a rage about. NOW ADMIT HE IS WRONG!Read my post, dood, I never played FFIX, and thus have no opinion. ;3

opaopajr
Sep 2, 2007, 03:37 AM
FF 7,8,9 are poo to me, but whatever. have no time to bother w/ FF geek nerdrage. let's just say years of experience disagrees with the ululations of 'FF is teh halleluia!'

Xenogears was pretty craptastic. craptastic enough that it made me mad -- and then came the second disk. that's when i became fully enraged. but no sense dwelling on bad memories or i'll get a heart attack.

Wii Play bored me. i tried to be polite and play it for a while, but i really don't dig mini-games that easily. i also hate Mario Party, but that won't stop them from making Mario Party 35... also didn't like Wario Smooth Moves either. basically all the mini-games i didn't care about but in a crappy format where the instructions aren't explained and cycled through in a rapid fire, seizure-inducing spasm. it's like Wii Play but more annoying by threefold. i had to politely bow out from playing it in less than 1/2 and hour. felt bad because my friend so loved the games...

any other games? hmm, outside of "insert roster change sports sequel here" nothing too egregious comes to immediate mind.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 2, 2007, 03:54 AM
On 2007-09-02 00:48, Vitamin_D wrote:

Hardly, you want one of the best scenes in any RPG ever? That would be the Opera Scene in Final Fantasy VI. Much better, more dramatic, and again, it's not super predictable.

I had to go and look up what Opera you were talking about because I couldn't believe any would like that part. I think I held the speed up button down my 2nd time through.

Zeota
Sep 2, 2007, 11:59 AM
Let's see.... so many options...

A couple that stand out are Mega Man X6 and X7. I know what you're thinking - "how dare he bust on Mega Man!!!" Well, the same could be said for the FF fanboys out there.

MMX6 was far more difficult than necessary, and it felt like they weren't even TRYING with the storyline. This was apparent toward the end when a battered Sigma just "happened" to come from nowhere. X7 wasn't really that much better. You couldn't play as X right out of the box, which sucked. What's more, it wasn't a very good transition from 2D to 3D. As a result, a lot of parts were just down-right annoying.

X8 had its frustratingly difficult parts, but it was a refreshing departure from the others.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 2, 2007, 02:27 PM
Any sports game is the worst to me, esp. any madden game!!! ughhh.

for horror, Clock tower 3 was dissapointing. I beat that shit in 5 and half hours! What kind of BS is that? i wasn't even rushing through the game either.I felt robbed.

Siren just sucked ass. boring and a wase of time.

Mayu
Sep 2, 2007, 02:29 PM
Clock Tower 3 wasn't that bad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Clock Tower one was the best http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif thats all I can say

Clock Tower Two was ok kinda weird but meh to say at least

Sexy_Raine
Sep 2, 2007, 02:48 PM
It was too easy IMO. I like my games to last longer. beating it in 5 and a half hours was a bit disappointing, wasn't really scary either.It was also too linear. Silent Hill 1 was scary, maybe that's why and found CT3 a bit boring http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-09-02 12:50 ]</font>

Mayu
Sep 2, 2007, 02:49 PM
Silent Hill one I never played <.< my brother though it was trash and threw it away rofl

Two - Endless Dreams http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Hell yeah was fucked up in the head

Sexy_Raine
Sep 2, 2007, 03:08 PM
Too bad horror games are so uncommon nowadays , and all you see are FPS's. :

Mayu
Sep 2, 2007, 03:13 PM
Go play Fatal Frame http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fucked up in the head to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

My sigs from Part II http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-02 13:14 ]</font>

EJ
Sep 2, 2007, 04:22 PM
Halo 1&2 - nothing was good about it and the story was meh to me, I have more fun with golden eye
Robocop for nes
devil may cry 2
FF X-2 and 7 yea I said 7 8 imo is the best one

Zeota
Sep 2, 2007, 04:59 PM
Well, the PlayStation FF games are very much a "love or hate" affair.

Wyndham
Sep 2, 2007, 06:52 PM
Megaman X7

Weeaboolits
Sep 2, 2007, 08:25 PM
On 2007-09-02 13:08, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Too bad horror games are so uncommon nowadays , and all you see are FPS's. :F.E.A.R. is both. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Jaysky
Sep 2, 2007, 09:10 PM
Bionicle the game, way too short, way too easy, tells pretty much no story about the movie, waste of money. When I got home with it I played with it and I beat it before I went to sleep. Just horrible.

Weeaboolits
Sep 2, 2007, 09:16 PM
Oh, the Bionicle GBA game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Otis_Kat
Sep 3, 2007, 08:20 AM
Who buys a Lego game and expects it to be fun?

SubstanceD
Sep 3, 2007, 08:31 AM
I usually don't remember crap games. It just isn't worth my time. Having said that, there are a few that stand out in my mind.

Final Fantasy X-2
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure on the 360.

On 2007-09-02 01:37, opaopajr wrote:
Xenogears was pretty craptastic. craptastic enough that it made me mad -- and then came the second disk. that's when i became fully enraged. but no sense dwelling on bad memories or i'll get a heart attack.

Xenogears is like my favorite rpg ever. I understand the hate for disc 2 but why the overall hate?

ShadowDragon28
Sep 3, 2007, 01:38 PM
"Evil Prophecy" worst. game. ever. of all time.

Second: Pacman on the Atari 2600.

Thrid: E.T.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ShadowDragon28 on 2007-09-03 12:36 ]</font>

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 3, 2007, 08:01 PM
On 2007-09-03 06:20, Otis_Kat wrote:
Who buys a Lego game and expects it to be fun?

Those Star Wars ones seem to have gotten it right.

Bionicle, seen it but I don't even know what the heck that's even supposed to be.

Weeaboolits
Sep 3, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-09-03 06:20, Otis_Kat wrote:
Who buys a Lego game and expects it to be fun?It was a gift. ._.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 3, 2007, 09:17 PM
Beat em and Eat em on the Atari 2600: A pornographic Atari game. It's just...disgusting. It's not even graphic or very sexual but it still sickens me.

Action 52 on the NES: Does this even count? Most of the 52 games aren't even finished so they're unbeatable!

Heroes of the Lance on the NES: I don't even know where to begin. Movement is awkward, fighting midgets is impossible....I forget what else. The game sucks.

Hydlide on the NES: I was actually able to finish this piece of shit. With a FAQ and savestates. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Battletoads on the NES: Just kidding. This game rocks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure I haven't come across any shittier games than these, simply because SOME standards were applied to even the worst I've played in later generations. Except for Barney's Hide and Seek on the Genesis. I played that creepy child-molesting game out of morbid curiosity and it was impossible to lose.

McLaughlin
Sep 3, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-09-03 19:17, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
Battletoads on the NES: Just kidding. This game rocks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I was about to smack you.

Battletoads 2 is slightly less awesome, but great none-the-less.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 4, 2007, 10:35 AM
Oh yeah, Night Trap for sega CD was absolute garbage. Biggest waste of time ever.

Any strategy game, like C&C

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 4, 2007, 10:46 AM
On 2007-09-04 08:35, Sexy_Raine wrote:
Oh yeah, Night Trap for sega CD was absolute garbage. Biggest waste of time ever.

Oooh, I forgot about that one. Alright, that made me remember another shitty Sega CD game: Midnight Raiders. Yet another one of those stupid "you have a cursor to make enemies die cutscene deaths" ala Tomcat Alley and Ground Zero Texas (which also suck), but the camera is sooooo shaky that it's practically impossible to shoot anything! Also, Supreme Warrior for the Sega CD, a first-person fighting game where you have no freedom of movement, you just have to watch a movie of some guy kicking your ass and fighting back doesn't do shit.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 4, 2007, 10:50 AM
On 2007-09-02 13:13, Mayu wrote:
Go play Fatal Frame http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Fucked up in the head to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

My sigs from Part II http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-02 13:14 ]</font>

I loved Fatal Frame 1 and 2, I haven't gotten around to 3 though.

I have them both, but I seen fatal frame 1 at Gameslop cost $40! Finding any FF is very rare, esp. 1

BogusKun
Sep 4, 2007, 01:20 PM
On 2007-08-31 09:08, Blue-Hawk wrote:

Halo games
Bioshock
Daikatana
ANY game made by Techmo
Unreal 2
World Hero's games
WoW
Everquest

--
Mod edit: title

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-08-31 19:07 ]</font>

These are all the games that make people drop out of school. What next? Zelda games?

SUPERMAN 64 is by far the worst product of all videogames that is considered.... shit.

E.T. for Atari 2600 was far better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Crokar-
Sep 5, 2007, 12:36 AM
zelda ocarina of time. nah but really there are far to many horrid games ive played that have scarred half of my memory bank inside my head. but i have to say most snes games i played sucked

Tykwa
Sep 5, 2007, 07:05 AM
Runescape: Why? Well It barely has any 3-d potential at all this thing, or grouping of ugle assed triagles annoys the shit out of me.

PJ
Sep 5, 2007, 02:55 PM
At this point, is Runescape even allowed to qualify as a game? I think it only barely reaches the quality standards for, "Shit."

KaffeKane
Sep 6, 2007, 09:14 PM
On 2007-09-05 12:55, PJ wrote:
At this point, is Runescape even allowed to qualify as a game? I think it only barely reaches the quality standards for, "Shit."

lol Runescape. If I want a browser-based game, I'd look elsewhere.

Games that I dislike or hate? Lemme think on this one.

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater and it's ilk-- Eurgh...seriously. Insta-haet.
Anything that I see made involving Nickolodeon or Disney -- Exception: Kingdom Hearts. Dunno why it's spared my wrath of "games that should not be".
Sonic the Hedgehog -- Sorry folks, I know...but I only dislike the games because of how hard they are to me.
Final Fantasy 7 -- A love/hate relationship. I used to be one of its rabidly ignorant fanboys (OMG SPEHIROTH), but now I only enjoy it as a game (not for its pathetic plot) for a once in a blue moon. Kefka was always a better villian than that stupid Sephiroth guy, anyway.
Starcraft -- Another love/hate relationship. I love the game, I hate the AI.
Any movie tie-in game -- Like Nick and Disney, they fall into the "games that should not be" category, as they crowd out the other stuff that we could be looking for, like Castlevania (<3).
Deus Ex -- Why, God, why?! I had wanted to play this game so badly at one time, and now when I try, I can't even get past the beginning of it?!
Grandia Xtreme -- Why is this even part of the Grandia series? I never count this game, even though I know of it's awful existence.

And finally:

Phantasy Star Universe -- Oh, the rants that I've had for what I hate about this game. And nearly all of them have been because I'm one of the poor people who can't afford scape dolls, so I'm stuck soloing C-rank missions. But like Starcraft and FF7, it's another love/hate relationship, because I love playing it too much to want to dis it anymore.
Besides, AoI will hopefully fix most of the mess that I've had my own complaints about... >_>

Blue-Hawk
Sep 6, 2007, 11:59 PM
Just remembered a few MORE titles to add to the growing list.

Freakstyle.
BMX XXX - 'Nuff said.
1080 Avalanch.
I of the Dragon.
DBZ for the Genesis.
Mordyr 2.
Super Valis 4.
Legend of Dragoon.
Drakhan.
Might and Magic 9.
Breakers and Breakers Revenge.
Friday the 13th - NES.
DDR and the spawns it created.
Castlevania 64 and it's sequal.
Double Dragon 2, 3 and 5.
Jill of the Jungle.
Alien Trilogy.
Hero's of Might and Magic 1, 2, 4 and 5.
SimCity 2000 and 3000.
The Sims. Period.
Crue Ball.
Mega Man Legends 1 AND 2.
Quake 3.
The Metal Gear Solid games.
Grandia. The first one. Two was GREAT.
Alex Kidd games.
Legend of the Mystical Ninja.
The Ceasar games.
The Punisher.
Commander Keen.
Return to Castle Wolfenstien.
Skate or Die.
ANY game with the name John Madden on it.
Dungeon Siege 2.
Ghostbusters. On the NES.
The Bards Tale. The newest one, not the originals.

I can go on and on, but I need to remember some titles.

Neith
Sep 7, 2007, 06:28 AM
First of all.... opinions. Don't flame me because you like FFX-2.

Burning Road (PS):- Crappy response on the vehicles, stupid AI, incredibly easy, terrible graphics (even for PS), bad music, terrible intro music.

Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2):- Nothing more than a spewing pot of fan service. Terrible battle system, far, far too easy but jumped you into harder fights too early, and Paine was not, and NEVER will be as badass as Auron was. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif As I said, fan service. Speaking of Final Fantasy....

Final Fantasy IX (PS):- I enjoyed FFVII, and even moreso enjoyed FFVIII. I hated FFIX so much I couldn't play it through. Vivi was the only redeeming quality of the game.

Red Steel (Wii):- Overrated. Terrible sword-fights don't feel immersive, extremely linear and boring. Ive played it once, hated its guts, and couldn't even sell the damn thing on Amazon.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (PS2):- Loved Vice City. This felt like a chore to play, AND the music stations sucked compared to Vice. I sold it after a few weeks.

Phantasy Star Universe (PC):- However, one major note here. Referring to OFFLINE only. Online play is very decent, and I play it a lot. Offline however had a very weak story, even in comparison to PSO, and Extra mode couldn't have been much more watered down. Considering you need an internet connection to even play story or extra, it makes me think 'What's the point when I can pay a small fee to get a much better game in the form of the Network Mode.. I do love the game, but only online.

I haven't had much experience with MMOs to really form an opinion on those though.

Edit: Oh, oh!

Rise of the Robots (Amiga):- Ultra old-school, and ultra poor. Whoever made this needs to be hunted down, and kicked. Repeatedly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-09-07 04:32 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Sep 7, 2007, 10:50 AM
On 2007-09-07 04:28, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Red Steel (Wii):- Overrated. Terrible sword-fights don't feel immersive, extremely linear and boring. Ive played it once, hated its guts, and couldn't even sell the damn thing on Amazon.
It's not such a bad game if you can get the sensor spot-on, which, by the sounds of it, is a 1/1,000,000 chance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

The story is way too short though. Took me 8 hours to complete, and that was including leaving my Wii on.

Keep it for multiplayer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Blue-Hawk
Sep 7, 2007, 11:10 AM
You know, it's interesting to see how many more crappy games are out there than good ones, as the other thread was indicating. Maybe we should make BOTH threads into stickies. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HeadCrabz
Sep 7, 2007, 12:41 PM
On 2007-08-31 11:09, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/Etvideogamecover.jpg

I have played this game and still own it to this day.

It's...mind-bending how bad this "game" is. You'll never know what a surreal and frustratingly confusing experience is in store for you until you actually play it.

I don't even think the game was "beatable."

Tigerram
Sep 7, 2007, 02:15 PM
E.T. = Atari 2600
Contra Games = PS1
Total Recall = NES
Crash Bandicoot when Naughty Dog sold the rights
Mortal Kombat after Trilogy

All I can think of at the moment.

amtalx
Sep 7, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-09-07 08:50, Feelmirath wrote:

On 2007-09-07 04:28, UrikoBB3 wrote:
It's not such a bad game if you can get the sensor spot-on, which, by the sounds of it, is a 1/1,000,000 chance http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

The story is way too short though. Took me 8 hours to complete, and that was including leaving my Wii on.

Keep it for multiplayer. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I thought Red Steel was pretty painful. I took me 8 months to finish that game and I think I had 10 hours clocked. The only reason I finished it is because I also bought Zelda at the same time and I promised myself I would finish Red Steel before Zelda. I knew if I didn't I would have no motivation to play it. That being said...I still don't think its one of the worst games of all time.

Res_Novae
Sep 7, 2007, 09:49 PM
I would say eye toy play and any other games made for the eye toy camera, cool idea but the technology wasn't good enough yet. And as a total waste of time chess master for the PS2, the only good part of it was that that $10 Christmas gift gave me $7.50 at gamestop.

and I will hunt down and destroy anyone who insults Xenosaga episodes 1&3. episode two is fair game though, that was shit the battle system was even worse than episode 1 cause to use the system the way it was meant, the cheap and stupid way, it took 5 min to prepare and 10 seconds to kill every boss outside the final area. oh and no more cutsence attacks.

Shadowpawn
Sep 7, 2007, 09:52 PM
Superman 64. NUFF. SAID.

DonRoyale
Sep 7, 2007, 11:52 PM
Any sports game I've ever played. Because they're the only 'non-nerdy' video games, yet they take up absurd amounts of memory, and for what? Better graphics and this guy on some other team? No fucking thanks.

Any Sonic game after Adventure 2 Battle. Just...no.

Halo 2. Why did I buy the Xbox for this? STUPID STUPID STOOPID /headbang

Runescape. Two minutes was all it took. >.>

DBZ Budokai. Pop pills to get somewhere. Do absurd combos for flashy fart attacks. Yeah, no.

Naruto: Clash Of Ninja 1. 6 characters...woo...

That's all I can think of for now.

KaffeKane
Sep 8, 2007, 12:19 AM
On 2007-09-07 21:52, DonRoyale wrote:
Any sports game I've ever played. Because they're the only 'non-nerdy' video games, yet they take up absurd amounts of memory, and for what? Better graphics and this guy on some other team? No fucking thanks.

Kaffe's Kommentz: Sports. They've been on gaming consoles since as far back as NES, maybe even Atari, and they didn't even deserve to be there either.

I used to have "Super Bases Loaded" for SNES. I hated that game.

Any Sonic game after Adventure 2 Battle. Just...no.

Kaffe's Kommentz: Can anyone say "Sonic Herooooooooooes!"? I didn't think so, and don't anyone try. I HATE that theme song. Somehow, I like Team Rose's better.

Halo 2. Why did I buy the Xbox for this? STUPID STUPID STOOPID /headbang

Kaffe's Kommentz: Ah, Halo. What "professional", haet in other words, review can I hand to this game?
Three things.

One -- The series just confuses me, even if I try to follow it.
Two -- The multiplayer confuses me more, and I can never kill anyone in it.
Three -- Vehicles? What, you stick a cannon and a motor onto a shopping cart and call it good?

Runescape. Two minutes was all it took. >.>

Kaffe's Kommentz: It took me two days, sadly. That's how BORED I was. This is just a time-waster for those nubs in junior-high, and maybe even high school, like AdventureQuest *shudders*. I see those kinds of...rrgh, no good things to call their lot, playing those games on library computers over in Gardner.

DBZ Budokai. Pop pills to get somewhere. Do absurd (and repetitive, don't forget that) combos for flashy fart attacks. Yeah, no.

Kaffe's Kommentz: And repetitive, don't forget that!
Seriously, they didn't mix it up for the buttons much when it came to doing the special moves, and the voice acting, while close in some parts, was still out of place. Perfect Cell sounding like Regular Cell?! They could have done a bit more than that!!
This game was more of a disappointment to me.

Naruto: Clash Of Ninja 1. 6 characters...woo...

Kaffe's Kommentz: Every time I see a Naruto game, the word "Narutard" floats into my head and out of my mouth.

I really wouldn't have anything against Naruto, if so many people weren't HOOKED to the damn anime, this includes all you sad Toonami-watchers that suffer the "Curse of the English Dub". BELIEVE IT!!!

Six characters? I have that many on my current MUGEN lineup, and I want more. D: Too bad I'm not good at sprite drawing/animating.

-----

I have to agree that there are a lot of horrible games...this reminds me of an old comic inside of an issue of GameFan magazine that I used to own. I dunno where I lost it, though. T_T

Yet Runescape overlaps so much, so let's try finding moar than just the "8th Grader's Choice Awards".

Maverynthia
Sep 13, 2007, 06:52 PM
I don't even think the game was "beatable."

Actually it's very beatable, in about..3 to 5 minutes too.... check Youtube..

As for my list of hates:
DBZ anything
Narutard anything!

That crap takes up too much shelf space that better games can be taking up.

Nintendogs, not so much for the gameplay, but for the shelf space it took up. I mean you can get all the breeds on ANY cart...ANY CART again a shelf space waster.

FFX and X-2: Not only did the voices suck, to me Final Fantasy was always unvoiced. Then there was the random menagerie of characters that looked like they fell out of a gatchapon machine. X-2 was merely ecchi harem fanservice, which just killed me taking it seriously at all.

Halo ALL: Targeting with a controller sucks
end;

Games that could be much better:

FF7: I has good character designs...however that's about all it has. I can't even remember what the plot was supposed to be about..looses points for that. However chocobo inbreeding was fun while it lasted.
Even Sephiroth wasn't that cool after he goes insane... I liked him better before he decided to play Reading Rainbow in the basement.

Niered
Sep 13, 2007, 10:18 PM
First off, to anyone going "OHEMGEE this popular game sux because I dont like it"...

Shut it. Please. Grow up and realize that your opinions are in fact, only opinions. This topic is about the worst games youve ever played, not ones you simply hated because your trying to rebel against the majority, or whatever reason you have.

For instance:

Im not a fan of Halo, nor am I a fan of virtually every Final Fantasy game ever made. Thats right, I dont really think ANY of the Final Fantasy games were amazing. Not even 7, or 8 for you majority-haters. But you know what? I realize that thats my personal taste coming through. Just because me, one insignificant gaming enthusiast didnt like it, doesnt mean that I can go about trashing it.

Theres this thing called respect. I RESPECT final fantasy, I respect Halo, I even respect sports games. Does that mean that I like playing them? No, not necessarily, it means that I take note of their undebatable mark on the industry, and that had it not been for them, gaming would be different from what it is today.

That is why the OP fails at their own topic. Change the title to "Games you hate" and your list could fit in their nicely (although I am quite certain that all your list does is point out that your nothing more than hype-hater. and although hype is something to be wary of, it doesnt make a game insta-fail, like this topic has.)

Now let me give you a list that WOULD fit in this topic, a list of games that are generally accepted as bad, that I have played.

-Sudeki.
-Alien Syndrome.
-Xtreme G 3
-Every sonic game made after Sonic Adventure 2, discounting the 2D ones.
-Tenchu DS

See? These are generally accepted "bad" games. They arent considered good by the majority of people that have played them, and democracy is as good a test as any for this. Plus, I have played them, therefore they fit the criteria of this topic, they are games I have played, and they are some of the worst Ive ever played.

I didnt simply make a list of games that i though sucked because I wanted to seem like an individual. I actually took into account the fact that I have different tastes.

Alielle
Sep 13, 2007, 10:44 PM
Transformers, for Famicom. I think it was Japanese-only. I challenge you to get past the first screen without chucking your controller.

McLaughlin
Sep 13, 2007, 11:01 PM
You know, I loved the game but...

The challenge in Star Fox Adventures, where you had to push that big "Champion" guy into the pit using the lever by pressing A was HARD! I nearly broke my fingers trying to do it.

UnderscoreX
Sep 14, 2007, 05:32 AM
I really hate Minesweeper.