PDA

View Full Version : The BEST game(s) you've ever played!

amtalx
Aug 31, 2007, 12:17 PM
In order to counterbalance the inevitable hate from the 'worst games ever' topic, I've made a best games ever topic. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Best RPG:
Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Honorable mention: Planescape: Torment

Best FPS:
Quake 1

Best Platformer:
Mega Man III
Honorable mention: God of War

Best Vs. Fighting:
Soul Calibur 1
Honorable mention: Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram

Best Adventure:
Zelda: A Link to the Past

Best Puzzle game:
Lumines II
Honorable mention: Bust-a-Move

Best RTS:
Total Annihilation

Best Racing:
Forza Motorsport

Simulation:
MechWarrior 3

Shattered_weasel
Aug 31, 2007, 01:04 PM
Wild 9
Vectorman

Kent
Aug 31, 2007, 01:11 PM
Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Puzzle Fighter, Tetris, Final Fantasy XII, Super Metroid, Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, Gunstar Heroes, Lumines Live, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Tribes 2, Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I & II, BioShock, Sonic 3 (& Knuckles), Shining the Holy Ark, Shenmue, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II...

Probably some more, there are quite a few gems hidden out there.

Tweengo
Aug 31, 2007, 01:18 PM
I'll do it by platform starting with my earliest memories.

Atari (well, my auntie's)
Pacman
Some helicopter game
Qbert
Some racing game

Sega Master System
Alex the kid
Mickey Mouse castle of illusion
Double Dragons

SNES
Cannon Fodder
Super Mario World
Multi Mario game cartridge (with Super Mario World on it)
Super Smash T.V
Killer Instinct
Super Bomberman 2
Eek the Cat
Flashback
Zombies
Star Wing
Super Mario Kart
Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Some puzzle domino game where you control an ant I think
Many more that I can't remember.

Sega Saturn
Last Bronx
Both Virtua Fighters and Fighters Megamix
Nights
That's all I can remember at the moment for Saturn.

PS1
FF7, 8 and 9
Vagrant Story
Tenchu 1 and 2
Warzone 2100
Command and Conquer, Red alert and Retaliation
Tomb raider 2
Tekken 2 and 3

Dreamcast
Shenmue 1 and 2
Power Stone 1 and 2
Vigilante 8 2nd offense
Tomb Raider the last Revelation

Gamecube
Metal Arms
Beyond Good and Evil
PSO
GUN (Way to short though)
Metroid Prime 1 and 2
F Zero
Super Smash Brothers Melee
King Kong
Eternal Darkness
And some other games I can't remember.

Weeaboolits
Aug 31, 2007, 01:27 PM
Fighting: Guilty Gear X2 #Reload, Soul Calibur II
Puzzle: Puyo Pop
Shooter: Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom

There are more, but I don' feel like listing them. :/

DikkyRay
Aug 31, 2007, 01:29 PM
Any game i have ever owned was the best gmae i have ever played. I never played a "bad" game.
i DO like some games more than others though

Otis_Kat
Aug 31, 2007, 01:37 PM
My favorite NES game is a bit weird, Alien Syndrome, that game is a freaking blast with a friend. Duck Tales and that Mickey Mouse game were fun too.

SNES: Super Metroid

Gameboy: Super Mario Land 2 and Link's Awakening

I don't feel like typing anymore.

Kylie
Aug 31, 2007, 02:14 PM
Resident Evil 2
Silent Hill 3
Mortal Kombat Deception
Tomb Raider Legend
Mario Karts 64 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryno
Aug 31, 2007, 02:36 PM
Halo
Halo 2
PSU
PSO
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
Super smash bro's melee

ABDUR101
Aug 31, 2007, 02:57 PM
This is the kind of topic that someone who's been a gamer for 20 years or more can't reply to, there's too much shit to list. =

Weeaboolits
Aug 31, 2007, 03:19 PM
Just name a few that you've played recently off the top of your head. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sayara
Aug 31, 2007, 04:01 PM
Only one.

Puzzzle Bobble.

Freeze
Aug 31, 2007, 04:09 PM
PSO
Wing Commander Privateer and Prophecy
Sonic Adventure
Double Dragon
Resident Evil 2 and Code Veronica
Halo 2
Secret of Monkey Island and Curse of Monkey Island
Nights

AlexCraig
Aug 31, 2007, 04:11 PM
Zelda A Link to the Past
Zelda Link's Awakening
Breath of Fire 1
Final Fantasy 1
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
Final Fantasy IV
Legend of Zelda
Adventure of Link
PSO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-08-31 14:12 ]</font>

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 31, 2007, 05:25 PM
Hmmm..I've got a few to list, then XD

Rhythm
-------

DDR (Any of them are great to me)
DJ Max Portable
Pop'n Music
ParaParaParadise

Fighter
--------

Evil Zone
Guilty Gear (any of them work, but Accent Core is my favorite so far)
Hokuto no Ken (really hope they make a sequel)
Bleach: Blade Battlers (waiting for the sequel to this great fighter http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)
Melty Blood (any of them are great, but AC: Version B is favorite currently)
Rival Schools (This includes Project Justice for Dreamcast, of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

Shooter
--------

Castle Shikigami II
Mushihimesama
Touhou (I am NOT going to list one, lol..too many x_x)
Angeraze (Didn't like II as much for some odd reason =/)

RPG
----

.hack series
Tales series (Tales of Destiny being my favorite)
Persona3
Phantasy Star Universe
Star Ocean: The Second Story
Valkyrie Profile
Ragnarok Online
Final Fantasy IV
Growlanser series (excluding V >.<)
Ys series (I like them all, except Strategy. I absolutely love Ys I over the rest though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)
Wild Arms (The first installment sticks out for me more than the others do..*hugs Alter Code F* XD)
Quest64
Shadow Hearts (excluding 3..ick x_X)

Racing
-------

Initial D: Special Stage (I like Street Stage too, buuut..I hate the card system >.<)
Battle Gear (1-3. I haven't played 4 yet)
Gran Turismo 4 (really enjoyed this one for a while)
Kaido Battle: Touge no Densetsu (Never played the others, but spent MONTHS playing this one)
Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune (Currently waiting for the PSP port of this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)
Auto Modellista (I had a lot of fun with the customizations in this one XD)

Random
-------
Dragon Force (Never played the second one)
Super Dimensional Fortress Macross (PS2 version)
Intelligent Cube (+ Remix would go here too, since it was wonderful also)
Dynasty Warriors Mahjong (BEST mahjong game I've EVER played XD)
Sengoku Basara 2 (Can't wait for Heroes and the fighting game X to come out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)
Hajime no Ippo 2: Championship Road (Import only. I LOVED the customization in this. VERY nice)
Gakuen Heaven: Boy's Love Scramble! (Played the PC version and absolutely loved it, so picked up the PS2 version and it was just as awesome XD)
Silent Hill (All except 2. Waiting for Origins to come out)
Resident Evil (All except 3. Never liked that one much)
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater (None of them quite stood out for me as much as this one did)
Ryu Ga Gotoku (1 and 2. Known as, "Yakuza" in the States)

Anyway, I know it's a long list, but..THOSE are my favorites. Those are the games which stood out for me among ALL the others. Sure, there are others outside of this list that I enjoyed, but...they didn't really stick out as something I'd call my, "favorite".

So..there's my list of my favorite games I've ever played XD *runs off before he is beat with a stick for posting so much*

T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-08-31 15:47 ]</font>

Kylie
Aug 31, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-08-31 15:25, Kikumaru wrote:
Bleach: Blade Battlers (waiting for the sequel to

Oh, nifty; I just googled that. No Kuukaku or Yachiru though? Psht, I don't know about that, but I definitely might look into it anyways. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif The rest of your list is pretty smexy.

TetsuyaHikari
Aug 31, 2007, 06:41 PM
I've seen Yachiru in the sequel. It seems like Battle Battlers, just with more characters which weren't featured in the first installment, plus a touch up on the graphics and more modes. I can't wait for it.

My suggestion would be to just wait till September 15th or so if Blade Battlers interests you, so you can just pick up the sequel and having everything the original had, plus more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ShinMaruku
Aug 31, 2007, 06:43 PM
Ninja Gaiden Black-Sigma- Master Ninja bitches
Re2 and Re4- Speed run the hell outta that
Grandia II and Grandia Xtreme
Devil May Cry1 and 3- SS Rank bitches!

Bioshock- I am the big daddy!
There is more bit I'm lazy.

McLaughlin
Aug 31, 2007, 07:32 PM
Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, Golden Sun, Golden Sun II, Star Fox64, Super Smash Bros, Super Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart DS, Paper Mario, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, PSO Ep. I&II, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, Prince of Persia: Two Thrones, The .//Hack games (Infection, Mutation, Outbreak and Quarantine), .//Hack G.U. Vol. 1, Halo, Halo2, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

I'm sure there are more, but those are just the ones I own.

KodiaX987
Aug 31, 2007, 08:05 PM
Best NES game: Madmax

Best SNES game: Super Metroid

Best Sega Master game: Wonder Boy 3: The Dragon's Trap

Best Sega Genesis game: Gunstar Heroed tied with Stargate

Best Sega Dreamcast game: Phantasy Star Online Version 1 tied with Sega GT

Best Nintendo Wii game: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

...And by category!

Best FPS: Half Life 2 (PC)

Best RTS: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Crusade (PC)

Best RPG: Diablo II (PC)

Best racing game: Colin McRae Rally 2005 (PC)

Best uncategorizable game: Interstate '76 (PC)

Best pleasant surprise: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Wii)

Best "short but sweet": Lost Planet (PC)

Best compelling storyline: Final Fantasy VII (Playstation)

Best pick-up-and-play party game: Dead or Alive (any)

Best game nobody played: MDK 2 (Dreamcast)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KodiaX987 on 2007-08-31 18:10 ]</font>

burninglink5
Aug 31, 2007, 09:30 PM
*thinks*
Earthbound, seriously. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Aug 31, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-08-31 12:57, ABDUR101 wrote:
This is the kind of topic that someone who's been a gamer for 20 years or more can't reply to, there's too much shit to list. =

Agreed. There's so much good shit out there, and good for so many reasons, that naming a "best" doesn't do them any justice. However, I will say that the game (series) with the absolute best storyline is the Gabriel Knight series. To this day, Gabriel Knight towers over every other game in the industry in terms of maturity, sophistication, and depth. But then, unlike the game play factor - the race for best game story line is a short one to begin with.

RoninJoku
Aug 31, 2007, 09:40 PM
All systems I have played enough games to rank...

NES: Megaman 2

SNES: Chrono Trigger

Genesis: Sonic 3 & Knuckles of course (honorable mention: Streets of Rage 3)

Saturn: NiGHTS (honorable mention: Panzer Dragoon)

PSX: FF uh... 7-9 :3 (honorable mention: Legend of Dragoon)

N64: Banjo Kazooie! no! Perfect Dark! no! OoT! no Smash! XO (too good of a system!)

Dreamcast: PSO (honorable mention: Sonic Adventure 1 or 2 depending on mood)

PS2: Shadow of the Colossus (honorable mentions: FFX, ICO, Armored Core 2)

Gamecube: PSO (honorable mentions: Melee, Wind Waker)

Xbox: (oops I think I've only clocked like 2 hours on an da xbox)

Xbox360: Dead Rising!!!

Wii: BRAWL! (Yea, I KNOW it's not out yet)

GB: Pokemon Blue

GBA: Advance Wars

DS: Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll??? (Nothing stands out in my head right now)

PC: Starcraft

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RoninJoku on 2007-08-31 19:48 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RoninJoku on 2007-08-31 19:50 ]</font>

Esufer
Aug 31, 2007, 09:52 PM
Secret of Mana is the best game I have ever played.

In every respect.

Story, graphics, multiplayer, music, gameplay.

It just works. :]

Broodstar1337
Aug 31, 2007, 11:31 PM
Extreme PaintBrawl

Kent
Sep 1, 2007, 01:55 AM
On 2007-08-31 21:31, Broodstar1337 wrote:
Extreme PaintBrawl

I personally know the guy who produced that.

Blitzkommando
Sep 1, 2007, 02:23 AM
It's hard to say after playing so many games. I have a few favorites though.

Half-Life and Half-Life 2 (and a number of the mods). Garry's Mod is another that is surprisingly fun. Bioshock is still fresh in my mind and I had an absolute blast playing it. Age of Empires II (with expansion). Oddly enough Need for Speed: Most Wanted is one of the games I keep going back to play. Unreal Tournament 2004 is crazy fun, especially with mutators. All of the Sim City games thus far have been awesome too. Civilization II: Test of Time, it's like CivII with improved graphics and more game types (adds Sci-fi and Fantasy). And these are just what I can think of off the top of my head for PC. There are countless games (really more like so many I don't want to count) not just for PC but for all the consoles as well that are tons of fun to play.

Tetsaru
Sep 1, 2007, 02:35 AM
A few off the top of my head:

Adventure: Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 (wanting Super Mario Galaxy), Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Starfox 64, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 with Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 2, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I'm expecting Twilight Princess will be awesome too, haven't finished it yet), Crash Bandicoot: Warped

RPG: Super Mario RPG, PSO, Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, and XII, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, Pokemon series, Golden Sun series, Disgaea series (haven't seen/played much of it, but I still like it, lol)

FPS: Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Halo 2, Unreal Tournament games (wanting UT3!), Metroid Prime series (wanting the third one!!), starting to get into the Half-Life series

RTS: Homeworld series

Racing: Mario Kart 64, F-Zero X, F-Zero GX, Extreme-G 2, Burnout 3

Puzzle: The New Tetris, Magical Tetris Challenge, Tetris Attack series

Fighting: Soul Calibur 3 (curious about the SC game being released for Wii), Super Smash Bros. series (REALLY wanting Brawl!!!), Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Random Others: Rocket Knight Adventures, Yugioh World Championship 2007, Ikaruga

Sinue_v2
Sep 1, 2007, 08:24 AM
Adventure: Super Mario World, Super Mario 64 (wanting Super Mario Galaxy), Donkey Kong 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Starfox 64, Sonic the Hedgehog 3 with Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 2, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (I'm expecting Twilight Princess will be awesome too, haven't finished it yet), Crash Bandicoot: Warped

lol, I wouldn't classify any of those as Adventure games. Very good games, mind you, but not Adventures.

Arcyon
Sep 1, 2007, 10:04 AM
Off the top of my head...
GC: Metroid Prime 1+2, Legend of Zelda (WW + TP), Super Mario Sunshine, PSO, James Bond 007 Nightfire, SSBM, Donkey Konga, Timesplitters 2
PS2: Soul Calibur III, Suikoden V, Resident Evil 4, Ultimate Spiderman, GTA: SA, PSU (is okay), Shadow of the Colossus (even though I haven't ever played it, I know it's an instant winner =]), Final Fantasy 7, 8 + 12, Kingdom Hearts 1+2, Timesplitters 3

Yeah, I know, it's a brief list, but I can't be bothered to go and check upstairs =p

Kylie
Sep 1, 2007, 10:09 AM
On 2007-08-31 16:41, Kikumaru wrote:
I've seen Yachiru in the sequel. It seems like Battle Battlers, just with more characters which weren't featured in the first installment, plus a touch up on the graphics and more modes. I can't wait for it.

My suggestion would be to just wait till September 15th or so if Blade Battlers interests you, so you can just pick up the sequel and having everything the original had, plus more http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hmmm, I just might do that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PJ
Sep 1, 2007, 10:16 AM
The main Pokémon line series (Not spinoffs, but you know, Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Fire Red/Leaf Green/Diamond/Pearl). Colloseum and XD I don't consider spinoffs, and they're alright games, but Pokemon really should stick to handheld. And to contradict myself...

Pokémon Battle Revolution, cause battling online is fucking AMAZING. And designing your trainer, FINALLY (Despite being very limited) is cool.

Pokémon Ranger is the only spinoff that I enjoy.

Now, away from Pokémon XD

PSU. I won't admit that I didn't enjoy playing PSO when it was... when that was it. But PSU IS better, so yeah. PSO doesn't make my list cause I won't play PSO again.

Kirby 64. One of the very few (very few) reasons to get an N64. I can't wait till this is on Virtual Console.

Kingdom Hearts 2. It's a shame that the organization charactesr are dead, when they were really awesome/interesting characters (And that's still why I believe KH2 had a better story, that and it wasn't retarded).

Majora's Mask, although almost all the Zelda games deserve a place on this list baring the Oracle games/Minish Cap/the ones that everyone makes fun of that I can't remember what non-Nintendo system they were on (Love Ezlo for Minish Cap, hate the super shortness), MM is my favourite. Although I disliked the level items (All arrows http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif), the masks with all the different play styles, and the whole story and setting, just EVERYTHING was perfect. Well, the final boss WAS too easy, unfortunately, but it was an awesome boss to SEE. I'm sure Twilight Princess would be my favourite IF they hadn't made one huge mistake in the stage items; although the past Zelda games had kept an awesome puzzle element of using most/all of your items that you collect through the game for each stage as you progress, TP pretty much limits you to just the item in that stage for puzzles, which really sucks. The Spinner could have been SO cool. You use it like, what, twice on the field, and once in the Temple of Time? And the... I already forgot the name of the item in THAT stage, but it was SO useless http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Megaman Battle Network/Star Force. I've been following Battle Network since it began (Although, admittedly, I HATED the first Battle Network game. It wasn't until 2 that it was awesome), and it saddened me when it ended. Still, the gameplay was fun, and I've started playing Star Force (Of course), and I've only done 2 scenarios, but I'm really enjoying that game too. Kinda crazy and overwhelming with the helping people missions, but I'm really digging it.

Megaman Zero/ZX As far as side-scrolling Megaman games go, I love these 2 series. I won't go into detail, but they're just fun, and I didn't enjoy the original Megaman series/X, so yeah http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sonic Rush, along with the whole line of Sonic games for the most part. I'm not gonna lie, Sonic 3 & Knuckles/Sonic Rush do beat out most console 3D Sonic games (Yes, Sonic Rush. I'm convinced Sonic Rush is the best Sonic game now, jus because it was so awesome, and the BONUS ROUNDS WERE GREAT, they could have made a game JUST OUT OF THAT <3 Unlike the S3&K bonus rounds which, unfortunately, they kinda did make a game out of, but S3&K is STILL an awesome game, one of the very few games that have withstood the effects of time and are still enjoyable to play, unlike a lot of other classic games, but I digress). Yes, on my list DOES include Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog, and, to a lesser extent, Sonic Heroes. Sonic the Hedgehog winning the award for the ABSOLUTE UNDENIABLY most underrated game IN EXISTANCE. Here's what it does wrong; adventure field, snowboarding (WHY DIDN'T THEY USE SONIC ADVENTURE SNOWBOARDING?! WHY USE GLITCHY SLOW DUMB BOARDING), loading (Which isn't as omgwtf big a deal as everyone else makes it). What's right with it? Everything else. The game is fun, each storyline. Sonic's stages are... well, what can you say? They're Sonic stages. Shadow, DRIVING IS FUN FOR SOME REASON. And Silver, although not fast is... what? Yeah, fun. So my descriptions suck, big whoop. The game is great. I won't argue that it's not glitchy, because it is, but it's really not a bad game. Not even close. And uh, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 are kinda obvious. And... actually, Shadow the Hedgehog is probably as close to borderline as Sonic Heroes.

MARVEL VS CAPCOM 2. The caps to emphasize the fact that I know as soon as I click, "Submit," I'm gonna remember a slew of games I'd want on this list, but forgot to add, and I won't want to edit cause then no one would read it. Sonson/Hayate/Amigo <3

EDIT: GRAH forgot Sonic and the Secret Rings on my Sonic list...!

And the Metroid Prime series. DAMNIT I TOLD YE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-09-01 08:28 ]</font>

Banish
Sep 1, 2007, 01:25 PM
Haven't played that many games, but I would say the Zelda series, Super Mario Sunshine, Sonic Games, and of course Phantasy Star.

Otis_Kat
Sep 1, 2007, 05:39 PM
I love the 3D Sonic games(and other Sega games like PSO) just for their glitchiness and bad camera angles, they made it really fun.

Weeaboolits
Sep 1, 2007, 05:57 PM
SA2 was awesome.

Eihwaz
Sep 1, 2007, 06:46 PM
I'll just list a bunch by console.

SNES: Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, Final Fantasy VI, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

GameBoy Color: Pokemon Blue, Pokemon Silver

N64: Super Mario 64, Super Smash Bros., The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

GameBoy Advance: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Metroid Fusion, Pokemon Fire Red, WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!

GameCube: killer7, Phantasy Star Online: Episodes I&II, Soul Calibur 2, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Tales of Symphonia, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker

Nintendo DS: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Elite Beat Agents, Tetris DS

Xbox: Dead or Alive 3, Guilty Gear XX# Reload: The Midnight Carnival, Halo, Jet Set Radio Future, Ninja Gaiden: Black, Phantom Dust

PC: Doom, StarCraft, Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, The Typing of the Dead

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2007-09-02 01:29 ]</font>

TetsuyaHikari
Sep 1, 2007, 06:54 PM
Sorry Kylie. I actually gave the wrong date for that x_x. Anyway..it comes out September 27th http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. Here's the official site if you want to check it out and whatnot XD

Bleach : Blade Battlers 2nd (http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/bleach/blade2/)

Scales_of_Air
Sep 1, 2007, 11:53 PM
Mechwarrior 2 made me a gamer forever. Holy shit that was awesome.

Dre_o
Sep 2, 2007, 01:01 AM
I'm going to try and condense this post that could be a page long into as short as I can:

RPG:
Tales of Symphonia (loves me some battle system)
Final Fantasy IX (love the music, battle, and ,to me, a satisfying ending)
PSO and PSU (almost forgot these ones <.<)

Pokemon
Kidna in a class of it's own. But total, my brothers and I own EVERY SINGLE POKEMON HAND HELD GAME EXCEPT EMERALD AND THE SPIN-OFFS. Seriously. Every single one of them.

Action Games:

HOLY FUCK, I almost forgot Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

MechAssault 1 & 2
We've won 4vs8's on Mech2 before. Oh yes. My Belial and I were feared. I even remember the first round I played on XBox live. Free For all Destruction. (I won it by the way)

Dynasty/Samurai Warriors
Hack and slash? Oh yes, oh HEL YEAH!

Fatal Frame 2
Never finished it. But scary as hell when the surroundings are right.

Geeze, almost forgot Dead Rising as well!

I just KNOW I'm going to remember something and want to kick myself for forgetting it.

Strategy

StarCraft
Zealots pwn Zerglings. What more can I say?

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Viera team for the win!

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
(I'm putting this one here because with multiple players, it REALLY DOES REQUIRE STRATEGY.) It was just one of the most unique games I've ever played and we are REALLLY looking forward to the next ones.

Fighting Games

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE
Words cannot properly describe how much I love this game. Seriously, I can't think of the right words.

Dead of Alive 2 Ultimate, 3, and 4
Hey, I'm a dude. If my hot women (unfeasibly large breasts or not) can kick ass as well, I'll take it any day what so ever.

Soul Calibur
Gotsta love me some blades. Talim.

Marvel vs Capcom 2
Spider-Man, Hayate, Iron Man.

FPS

Rainbow 6: 3 and Black Arrow
Again, another XBox live game I was feared on. So many good times. So many good times....Not to mention it's one of the few games where ONE bullet from ALMOST ANY gun CAN KILL YOU. You've just gotta place that bullet right.

Perfect Dark
Ever rigged the entire level with remote mines and stupid AI enemies? Now THAT'S a blast. (pun)

Unreal Championship 1&2
Gotta love me some COMPLETELY unrealistic gunning.

Almost forgot House of the Dead

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 2, 2007, 04:18 AM
The entire Halo series. I love all of it.

Super Smash Bros. Melee. It's barely a "fighting" game by normal fighting game standards. It's the only one of it's kind. . . But it's my personal favorite for fighting.

Super Metroid was awesome, though I had to cheat to figure out two things. . . You need to Super Bomb that glass tube thing and one of the bosses. It was an underwater fight, can't remember much else.

Metroid Prime was a great game, never played Corruption and only got 25% on Echoes (I borrowed it from a friend).

Phantasy Star Online Episodes I&II. I will rarely even touch the game, but it is, in my mind, the greatest game I ever played in terms of replay value. It never got bored playing it for over two and a half years. Aside from my last month of playing, it was all offline with pals or soloing.

SubstanceD
Sep 2, 2007, 07:04 AM
On 2007-08-31 12:57, ABDUR101 wrote:

I know how you feel http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .

Games that spring to mind off the top of my head are:

Super Mario Bros. 3
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy ( Nes/Snes )
Street Fighter 2
Super Metroid
Chrono Trigger
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Metal Gear Solid
Legend of Zelda: Orcania of Time
PSO
Skies of Arcadia
Metroid Prime
Tales of Symphonia
Gears of War

There are alot more games out there worth mentioning but these are the ones that are freshest in my mind ( which I guess means that I remember them more fondly ).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2007-09-02 05:06 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Sep 2, 2007, 01:18 PM
I'll list by system:

Atari- Pacman!

NES- Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 <3(2 does not live up to these)
Metroid, castlevania, contra, metal gear, tetris, bionic commando

SNES- Super Mario RPG, DKC2, Super Metroid.

Genesis- Sonic 3, Streets of rage 2.

N64- Golden Eye <3 , Super Mario 64, Star fox 64,

PS1- Meter Gear sold 1 <3, Castlevania, Symphony of the night, RE2, Silent hill, Tekken 2 and 3,.

Gamecube- Super smash bros melee <3, PSO, RE4,

PS2- Metal Gear solid 3, Shadow Hearts 1-3, Jak 1-3, Tekken Tag, Tekken 4 and 5, silent hill 2, Fatal frame 1 and 2, DQ8, Rogue galaxy, DDRMAX 1 and 2(extreme was garbage!), Okami.

Other- Half-life 2.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-09-04 08:39 ]</font>

Split
Sep 2, 2007, 01:27 PM
it was what I call.....a BAD FUR DAY

best game ever created. no sarcasm, either, it seriously is.

SubstanceD
Sep 3, 2007, 08:21 AM
On 2007-09-02 11:18, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I'll list by system:

Atari- Pacman!

NES- Super Mario Bros. 1 and 3 <3(2 does not live up to these)
Metroid, castlevania, contra, metal gear, tetris

SNES- Super Mario RPG, DKC2, Super Metroid.

Genesis- Sonic 3, Streets of rage 2.

N64- Golden Eye <3 , Super Mario 64, Star fox 64,

PS1- Meter Gear sold 1 <3, Castlevania Symphony of the night, RE2, Silent hill, Tekken 2 and 3,.

Gamecube- Super smash bros melee <3, PSO, RE4,

PS2- Metal Gear solid 3, Shadow Hearts 1-3, Jak 1-3, Tekken Tag, Tekken 4 and 5, silent hill 2, Fatal frame 1 and 2, DQ8, Rogue galaxy, DDRMAX 1 and 2(extreme was garbage!), Okami.

Other- Half-life 2.

How could I possibly forget one of my favorite games ever? Yes, Castlevania Symphony of teh Night is also on my list.

Otis_Kat
Sep 3, 2007, 08:32 AM
I loved Condemned for the 360 >_>

Horror games have really dropped it the last few years. Either by sucking or changing into action games with no scare left in them. But damn, was Condemned ever a scary game to play.

Fure_Rakune
Sep 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
Faxanadu for the NES was a building block in my young age when I got it for christmas in '89-'90. I was only 4 when my grandmother gave it to me, in hopes that it would develop my reading and grammar skills.
Boy was she right, I loved that game and she was right, it did help develop my childish mind early on, however due to its complexity for a youngin, I would get stuck roughly a quarter into the game.

Jife_Jifremok
Sep 3, 2007, 11:10 PM
Horror games? Well, I find that the stronger I am the less I have to fear. However, chainsaw maniacs are always scary. But I was always more afraid of Scissorman, even when I knew I could just kick him in the balls and run. But Haunted House (for the Atari) has all them scary bats and spiders and ghosts and I can't do shit about them. Ah, but the very atmosphere of Silent Hill chilled me to the bone; I had little fear of the monsters themselves. (The atmosphere of SH2 didn't seem to compare though...)

Oops! Back on topic here...I'll go by system.

Atari (exclusives only):
Haunted House

Sega Master System:
Phantasy Star

NES:
Megaman 2, Contra, Castlevania 3, Ninja Gaiden, Battletoads, plenty of good shit I can't remember at the moment

Genesis:
Sonic 1 and 2, General Chaos, Mutant League Football and Hockey, Terry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl (or Pigskin 612 AD in arcades), ThunderForce III and IV (TFIV was called Lightening Force for some reason), Streets of Rage 2, Dick Tracy, probably some more good shit I can't remember

SNES (only played by emulator or port to other console):
Wild Guns, Megaman X, hopefully some more that escapes my memory

Sega CD:
Silpheed

N64:
Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, StarFox 64, Battletanx

Playstation:
King's Field II and III (that's I and II over here), Armored Core and AC Master of Arena, Tales of Eternia, Metal Gear Solid, Megaman X4, lots more I can't remember I'm sure

Dreamcast:
Chu Chu Rocket

Playstation 2:
King's Field IV, Armored Core 3 and AC3 Silent Line, TimeSplitters series, Robot Alchemic Drive, Monster Hunter series, Time Crisis series, Tales of the Abyss, Culdcept, Katamari series, Resident Evil 4, (space reserved for Metal Gear Solid 3), (space reserved for .hack//GU), I'm too lazy to look at my collection for more

Gamecube:
Tales of Symphonia, Super Smash Bros Melee

XBox:
Otogi, Breakdown (despite numerous glaring flaws!), (space reserved for Steel Battlaion)

Wii:
Metroid Prime 3, (space reserved for SSB Brawl)

PSP:
Monster Hunter Freedom series

PC (also including ports to consoles):
X-Com: UFO Defense
Star Control 2 (even though I keep quitting and starting, quitting and starting)

Arcade (also including ports to consoles):
Xevious, Galaga, Ms Pac Man, Warlords, Bank Panic, Space Harrier, Metal Slug series, Rampage, Robotron 2084, Smash TV, (Root?) Beer Tapper

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-09-03 21:12 ]</font>

MushiKuro
Sep 4, 2007, 06:03 PM
PSU
PSO
Grandia II
FF7
Sonic Riders
Sonic Heroes
Guild Wars
Chrno Trigger
Zelda Ocarine of Time
Super Smash Bros
Mario Party(1-???).
Mario Kart
Banjo-Kazooei

Many games =D

See ya!

X.X

Jakosifer
Sep 4, 2007, 11:38 PM
Eh lets see...I'll just do a top ten...=/

Zone of the Enders 2
SMT: Persona 3
SMT: DDS2
Tales of Destiny
Star Ocean 2
Grandia 2 (Ryudo is my favorite VG hero, period. "Are you waiting for me to give a damn?" Heh)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
PSOBB
DMC3 SE
Sonic CD JP version

There are alot of games I love to death, but I didn't feel like typing them all out, easy to narrow some down to the more standout ones.

Tykwa
Sep 5, 2007, 07:11 AM
Best RPG:
Almost any FF game

Best FPS:
Red Faction
Unreal Tournament

Best Platformer:
Rayman

Best Adventure:
Ninja Gaiden

Best Puzzle game:
Puzzle Fighter

Best RTS:
C&C 3

Best Racing:
Gran Turismo 2
Forza 2

Simulation:
Forza Motorsport 2
Chromehounds
Mech Warrior 4

Tweengo
Sep 5, 2007, 01:17 PM
A few more games I like are Resident Evil 4 for the 'Cube (man the graphics, the cut scenes, the quick time events mid battle, the part where you fight that army guy and the way the knife shines in the light when you block his attack http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifrool: ), and Freedom Fighters.

zentetsua
Sep 5, 2007, 02:02 PM
here's my best list
NES
Zelda 1&2
galaga
Super mario bros.1,2,&3
Xexyz ( pronounced zexis )
metroid
SNES
Super metroid
Zelda 3
Secret of mana/evermore
ff3
earthbound
lagoon
super mario world
crono trigger
star fox
GB&Color
metroid 2
pokemon b,r,y,cry,gold,silver
sega genisis
sonic 1,2,3,spin ball,3d blast,& sonic&knux
landstalker
N64
sm64
ssb
mario kart 64
star fox 64
zelda oot & mm
perfect dark 64
mystical ninja 64
castlevania 64
DC
soul calibur 1
pso v1&2
sonic adventure 1
PSX
Dance dance revolution
megaman legends 1&2
ff7&8
ff whatever it was ( had crono trigger )
tales of destiny 1
castlevania symphony of the night
GBA
zelda 3/4 swords
legacy of goku 1&2
fury of buu
castlevania circle of the moon
metroid zero mission
metroid fusion
ps collection
megaman zero 1,2,3&4
NGC
ssb melee
wind waker
metroid prime 1&2
sonic adventure 2 battle
sonic riders ( super sonic obtained XD )
PS2
ddr max,extreme,super nova
kh 1&2
r-type final
atelier iris 1
dbz budokai 1,2,3 tenkaichi 1&2
god of war 1
guilty gear isuka
xbox
psox
wii
zelda tp
warioware
list end
finally this list is so long it slowed down my wii! i will not type in anymore words than this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zentetsua on 2007-09-05 12:05 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Sep 6, 2007, 01:11 AM
A late add-on: Ikaruga.

I'm having emulation issues, so I can't play past about the second level, but the game is amazing. Seriously, we need more shooters with stylish minimalism instead of OMFG OVER 9000 POWERUPS.

amtalx
Sep 6, 2007, 07:27 AM
On 2007-09-05 23:11, Eihwaz wrote:
A late add-on: Ikaruga.

I'm having emulation issues, so I can't play past about the second level, but the game is amazing. Seriously, we need more shooters with stylish minimalism instead of OMFG OVER 9000 POWERUPS.

I somehow left out Shooters in my original post despite the fact that I probably have more shooters than any other type of game haha. Anyway, go buy a DC for $25 and a copy of Ikaruga. You will never regret it. If you have any funds left over after that, buy a Saturn and a copy of Radiant Silvergun. And for the record:

Shooters:
Ikaruga
Honorable mention: Radiant Silvergun (surprising eh?), Soukyugurentai, Layer Section

Eihwaz
Sep 6, 2007, 12:09 PM
I got my emulation problems sorted out, and I can now actually see the bullets in the second level...not that seeing them helps much. It just gives me enough time to weep.

I AM NOT WORTHY.

amtalx
Sep 6, 2007, 12:37 PM
Don't fret. That game takes A LOT of practice. Just wait until you get the point where you start chaining http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Some of the better players have dumped 100's of hours into a single chapter. I wouldn't really expect to get a whole lot out of the game until you can start replaying chapters in their entirety from memory. This is just one of those games where you have to put in a lot to get something out...

Tigerram
Sep 9, 2007, 10:29 PM
Double Dragon II- NES
Super Double Dragon- SNES
Castlevania: SOTN-PS1
Final Fantasy VII-PS1
TMNT: The Arcade Game-NES
TMNT III-NES
Phantasy Star Universe-PS2
Phantasy Star Online-DC & GC
Shenmue-DC
Marvel vs. Capcom 2-DC
Super Mario Bros. 1,2,3-NES
Super Mario World-SNES
Tecmo Bowl-NES
Tecmo Super Bowl-NES
The Legend Of Zelda-NES
Legend Of Zelda: ALTTP-SNES
Resident Evil 2-PS1
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater-PS1
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2x-Xbox
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy-Xbox
NCAA Football Series
Contra-NES
Super C-SNES
Gradius 3-SNES
Ratchet & Clank:Going Commando-PS2
Soul Calibur 3-PS2
Street Fighter Series
Mortal Kombat 1 & 2-SNES
Tekken Tag Tournament-PS2
Donkey Kong Country-SNES
Halo-Xbox
San Francisco Rush: 2049-DC
Mega Man 3-NES

Just to name a few http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gifI have a lot more, but this is my main list for now.

DonRoyale
Sep 9, 2007, 10:58 PM
Super Mario 1-3
Super Mario World 1 and 2
Donkey Kong Country 2
Zelda: A Link To The Past
Sonic 2
Donkey Kong 64
Super Mario 64
Crash Bandicoot
Zelda: OoT
Zelda: MM
Pokémon Stadium 1+2
Pokémon R/B/Y/G/S/C/R/S (Haven't played D/P)
Ratchet And Clank
Star Fox 64
Perfect Dark
Super Smash Bros.
SSBM
Sonic Adventure 1+2
PSO
LoZ:WW
Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie
Custom Robo
LoZ:TP

Can't remember the rest.

Neith
Sep 10, 2007, 10:10 AM
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Front Mission 3
Gran Turismo
Project-X
Guitar Hero II
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Streets of Rage (original)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I/II
F-Zero GX
Shadow of the Colossus
Bloody Roar 3
Zone of the Enders

More recent games- I need to think about what oldschool Amiga games I had. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

JKKDARK
Sep 15, 2007, 04:52 PM
Phantasy Star Online

Zorafim
Sep 15, 2007, 05:05 PM
Games that stand out for me are:

Super Mario World
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Skies of Arcadia

These are games that I've played where playing it is simple euphoria. Simply turning these games on is enough to get you excited.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 16, 2007, 12:06 AM
Soul Calibur
Capcom vs. SNK 2
Guilty Gear X2
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy X
Last Blade 2
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Street Fighter Alpha 3
King of Fighters 2001