PDA

View Full Version : PSO Ep. 1&2 HL Problem

YamatoTakeru
Dec 27, 2002, 07:43 PM
Alright, I recently purchased Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2. I'm not new to the whole PSO thing, so I know what the Hunter's License is since I had to put up with it on Ver. 2. Big problem though, the GameCube version refuses to work with me. My ISP works fine, my connections are fine. It's the darned credit card. Everytime I put the info for the card, the site tells me it doesn't recognize it or something and to check to see if everything in the form was filled out. Needless to say, I've spent 5 hours trying to get it to work and still got nothing. I have a Sega Net account, got to use it fine there. The problem I have is with the actual purchasing of the Hunter's License. For some reason, I feel that the GameCube's HL is MUCH more difficult to buy than the Dreamcast's HL. Anyone got a clue as to how I can get this stupid thing to accept my credit card without having to call long distance to get customer service?

Tavia
Dec 27, 2002, 08:13 PM
On 2002-12-27 16:43, YamatoTakeru wrote:
Alright, I recently purchased Phantasy Star Online Episode 1&2. I'm not new to the whole PSO thing, so I know what the Hunter's License is since I had to put up with it on Ver. 2. Big problem though, the GameCube version refuses to work with me. My ISP works fine, my connections are fine. It's the darned credit card. Everytime I put the info for the card, the site tells me it doesn't recognize it or something and to check to see if everything in the form was filled out. Needless to say, I've spent 5 hours trying to get it to work and still got nothing. I have a Sega Net account, got to use it fine there. The problem I have is with the actual purchasing of the Hunter's License. For some reason, I feel that the GameCube's HL is MUCH more difficult to buy than the Dreamcast's HL. Anyone got a clue as to how I can get this stupid thing to accept my credit card without having to call long distance to get customer service?

What kind of credit card are you using? I actually attempted to help someone with this before, and they wound up purchasing it from Sega directly instead. I wish I had the web address to give you so you could try buying it there. I'm sure someone will post it soon.

A lot of people have had difficulty purchasing it with debit cards that double as credit cards, also known as check cards. I'm not sure why... that's what I bought mine with.

YamatoTakeru
Dec 27, 2002, 08:19 PM
Well the Visa I am using is a Check Card but from what I heard, PSO Ep. 1&2 uses them just fine unlike Ver. 2. I also tried a regular Visa and came up with the same result.

Tavia
Dec 27, 2002, 08:30 PM
On 2002-12-27 17:19, YamatoTakeru wrote:
Well the Visa I am using is a Check Card but from what I heard, PSO Ep. 1&2 uses them just fine unlike Ver. 2.

That's what I have heard, as well, but then there have been private accounts -- such as yours -- which contradict that. I believe most of the people having problems have their check cards through a small regional or independent bank, rather than a large corporate. For example, my card is with a bank that is nationwide; one person I tried to help had a check card from their small regional bank, and it wound up never working.

However, if you used a regular credit card and it too was rejected, I would first call your credit card company prior to calling Sega. Ask them if the charge was rejected on their end, and if so, why. Sega will not be able to help you if your creditor is refusing them.

YamatoTakeru
Dec 27, 2002, 08:36 PM
It's rather odd though because the regular credit card I used was the same one I used to pay for my Ver. 2 Hunter's License with. If anything, I think it's still the whole HL thing that Sega's never been able to get the kinks worked out of since everyone always has a problem with it.

Hemish
Dec 27, 2002, 10:24 PM
I have the same problem... my MasterCard accepted everywhere just won't go through... You credit card can't get processed at this time or some crap like that is what I get at the last step of the registration when I click the final Submit.

I tried all combinaison of credit card numbers...

Both the MasterCard and Visa are refused.. they're from 2 different institutions too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hemish on 2002-12-27 19:38 ]</font>

Tavia
Dec 28, 2002, 02:17 AM
I really recommend that you call your creditors, guys. It could very well be that they are rejecting Sega's "test charge". Also, that's the cheaper first step to take than calling Sega, since the average credit card company has a toll-free customer service number.

If you need to call Sega, as you know, it's unfortunately a long distance call, but nonetheless, their number is 1-512-231-2429.

Hemish
Dec 28, 2002, 02:40 AM
oh it worked!

For some reasons when I first tried to register, I chose Canada but couldn't see any provinces only US states so I had to choose outside US

when I redid it completly for the 8472 times after selecting Canada Province of Quebec worked!!

so the problem was the province all along and not the credit een tho the error message was about the credit card.

YamatoTakeru
Dec 28, 2002, 03:18 AM
This is really ticking me off because I feel like I wasted $35 for the modem and I can't play it online now. It's been now two days and I STILL have no luck. I've gone back and forth to try and do this through my PC and the GameCube and have had the same stupid error. God, this IS more difficult than Ver. 2's HL. Seriously, who's "brilliant" idea was it to make the HL this difficult to use?

YamatoTakeru
Dec 28, 2002, 09:40 PM
Okay, now this is most likely because of the card itself. I tried paying the Hunter's License through PSO Explorer's Paypal service and it gave me this:

"We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. Please also make sure your credit card billing address matches your PayPal street address."

The way I see it, I may be screwed because I payed for the modem and I can't think of any other way of going online with Ep. 1&2 unless I call Sega about it and I really don't want to call long distance. Anyone got any ideas?

EDIT: Forgot to add that the type of card I'm using is a Visa Check Card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: YamatoTakeru on 2002-12-28 18:42 ]</font>

Maverynthia
Dec 30, 2002, 05:11 PM
As stated therin lies the problem. Some check cards don't work. So your going to need a true VISA card.

Muku6
Dec 30, 2002, 07:39 PM
Wow, I never knew people were having such a difficult time with check cards. I personally use my check card, it's easier and I don't have finance charges piling up on the 10 each month.

But, yea, if you have everything off your card right and it's not accepting it, you'll probably need to get a credit card, not just the debit/check card.

Tavia
Dec 31, 2002, 09:32 AM
On 2002-12-28 18:40, YamatoTakeru wrote:
The way I see it, I may be screwed because I payed for the modem and I can't think of any other way of going online with Ep. 1&2 unless I call Sega about it and I really don't want to call long distance. Anyone got any ideas?

Yes. Call your bank or credit card company, whoever provides your card, and ask them about it. If you call Sega, and it is a problem with your card, Sega will not be able to help you.

I know I've suggested this a few times before. Your bank or creditor will undoubtedly have a toll free number. So why are you not calling them and asking them why they are blocking these charges?

Blenjar
Jan 2, 2003, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure about check card, use a real credit card, master card not visa man. I use master card to play online.