PDA

View Full Version : I H8 HSM

Complex_Jao
Sep 1, 2007, 12:53 AM
Im board so i posted to see if i was the only one in the game that h8s HSM.its too easy and it makes noobs too cocky(sorry if spelled wrong its late)so i just want it out of the game but im most likly(sorry if spelled wrong)the only one

Kion
Sep 1, 2007, 01:00 AM
you're not the only one. it's boring, but it is a good way to earn alot of cash and ray-photons easily. it does make noobs cocky. they run it all day, so one would hope that they'd get good at it. now if they could just learn about elements so they don't run around with dark weapons and fire armor doing it....

-Tidus_415-
Sep 1, 2007, 01:17 AM
Lol...Theres this one guy I really cant remember his name. He had about 4 S-Ranks. Deva, Sweet Death, Two-headed ragnus and a Halp. At 1st im like...Oh this must be his second character. Then he starts asking stupid questions.

"what element is that 'thing'" (he ment the Kog Nadd)

Then he asks

"what element is light weak against" <- WTF?!

The stupid questions went on for a few runs and he kept using the two-headed ragnus on the vanda. I wanted to ask him if someone quit and gave him those S-ranks or if he scammed someone because he was too stupid to even deserve an S-rank...

D1ABOLIK
Sep 1, 2007, 01:21 AM
I hate it also.Noobs get to advanced classes by level 15 or 20 when it took me freakin forever to cap basic classes.And they get all this money running it when i remember S ranking A missions and getting 1k.Its not even fun anyways.It needs to go.

________
Nevada Medical Marijuana Dispensary (http://nevada.dispensaries.org/)

Complex_Jao
Sep 1, 2007, 01:32 AM
Good im not the only one

Tetsaru
Sep 1, 2007, 02:02 AM
HSM is so stupidly broken and confusing to me. I've done it several times, and I STILL don't understand all those damn puzzles and switches that are in it... >X(

Seeing how the mission is a newb gathering point doesn't help matters any either. I'll end up joining some random party with people I've never seen before, just so I can level my basic classes quickly, and usually what happens is one elitist know-it-all will start bitching at everyone, telling them where to go and what not, while the other newbs will run around not knowing wtf they're doing, and then here I am, kinda stuck in the middle. Then, all of a sudden, one of the newbs would get killed, usually either by a trap and/or turret hidden in the ground (since they didn't get their damn GOGGLES yet), or a strong spell shot out by a Gohmon or something similar, causing everyone to get NOTHING. The newb who died usually gets booted, while the rest of the party often can't find anyone else, or disbands out of frustration.

Yeah, I hate it a LOT. Only do it with trusted friends who KNOW what they're doing. Otherwise, if you're looking for MP, just spam the seabed S2 level if you're Lv55+... or do Plains Overlord/Crimson Beast, where you can PROPERLY level. =/

Tigerram
Sep 1, 2007, 02:08 AM
After doing this mission so many times, I'm extremely tired of it. After I got my FT to level 10, I never have gone back to that mission. Not to mention, I have no trouble helping low level players, but that place is just terrible to help those players out, lol.

Complex_Jao
Sep 1, 2007, 02:13 AM
i just tell all the noobs i meet not to do it

HaydenX
Sep 1, 2007, 02:21 AM
I got my main char Funky.GUN to WT w/o HSM. Then, when I wanted to be GT...I did it. Then, when I wanted to be FighGunner...I did it. Now with my alt, I wanted to be Fortegunner...I did it A lot. Now, I want to Bring Fortegunner up to 10. I'll be doing it A LOT LOT!!!

It's kind of like going to the dentist, It isn't fun, but it's a necessary evil. I did play before it and quit (back when bruce's dungeon was the big mission point mission). The mission itself isn't that interesting, but leveling your jobs was such a pain in the ass. I know that some more advanced players are pissed about it, but it is overall, a good thing. The money part too. Back with my old character, the most amount of money I had at a time was 70,000-100,000 meseta. dual railgun was my best item. Now, my alt has a pallette with 3 A ranks.

'nuff said.

Dragwind
Sep 1, 2007, 02:39 AM
Ugh...HSM...I'd rather do a mission thats more fun for a bit less MP than go through that moron infested swamp.

DAMASCUS
Sep 1, 2007, 03:06 AM
..one elitist know-it-all will start bitching at everyone, telling them where to go and what not...

Oh...you met her too? lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

When I first started after launch and learned about all of the elements I started noticing people using like element weapons for monsters and I was wondering what the heck they were thinking? Didn't they notice a damage reduction? I kept seeing it though so I had to assume people were just being cocky. Look I can kill this 'SEED-FORM' with the wrong weapon HEHEHE. I guess...but then there is some idiotic rumor about increased drop rate but thats just the lowest level of scatology.

DaRkWoLf30
Sep 1, 2007, 03:23 AM
HSm, Way too boring for me and way overrated.. I have fun doing other missions.

mvffin
Sep 1, 2007, 03:23 AM
don't step on the light switch, it makes the rainbow beast more powerful.

i got booted for that once. lolnubs

Ezodagrom
Sep 1, 2007, 03:36 AM
For someone who started playing, that mission is a good thing (not to lvl expert classes, but for the basic classes, to be ables to change to an expert class, and get some meseta too).
About ppl using fire armor there, maybe some ppl use fire armor there not because they're noobs, but because they can't afford another one...for example, my case, when I discovered that mission, I already had a gigaline, and since I was always spending meseta, I couldn't afford any other armor...and other thing, the fire gohmon in the temple, I saw many low lvls (15+) dieing with just 1 or 2 foie, so a fire armor isn't useless there (talking about C rank mission, on the B or A mission ppl probably can afford having 1 fire and 1 ice armor)

DelDevi
Sep 1, 2007, 06:55 AM
I don't know whats so bad about that mission.
Sure, after capping a class or two it gets kinda old and sometimes even frustrating too if someone doesn't have a gun or messes up the switchwork when YOU can do that mission literally with your eyes closed, but hey, we all have to start somewhere ;D

In my opinion it is a hundred times less annoying than those C dragon runs(can't comment on firebreak since I took a break from psu back then) since it takes less runs to cap. Getting to FO10 for example was a real headache back then and even more of a grind as it is now.

Additionally, it is very "gimp-friendly"(C rank only though), you can be pretty much any level or class, wear even the cheapest weapons and can still (potentially) get an S rank reward.
I know that for example if I started a PT I'd be happy to quickly get to PT10 to actually use weapons and have more than 50% HP.

10k per run is nothing to sneeze at too and seeing that the fine stuff in player shops is almost always in the millions and many stuff being still overpriced I don't see why someone should care if a newbie got like 500k.

I can see that for people with higher level characters there are more fun and more lucrative missions out there, BUT you can't blame anyone for not being able to run S/S2 missions constantly. So if you L60-90 don't wanna run it - just don't.

The main problem I see with that mission though is, that it doesn't teach you proper playing style with your class. For example, back then when there was a FF10 you could almost be sure that he knows how to be good FF or else he/she would not have spent that much time leveling the class(there are always exceptions^^).
Nowadays though, that's not the case and you may run into people with capped classes who don't actually know what to do.
But then again, it doesn't mean that they can't learn it later http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sekani
Sep 1, 2007, 10:07 AM
Good: Lots of easy MP and meseta for lowbies/alts/new classes

Bad: Random parties are of much lower quality than normal

Complex_Jao
Sep 1, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-09-01 04:55, DelDevi wrote:
I don't know whats so bad about that mission.

it has made all the noobs cocky,like the lv.20 that thinks they can take down a lv.40 in PvP (if there was PvP) cuz their FF is iv.10 and the lv.40s is not,or the lv.45s that have more S-Ranks than me (lv.76 with none)"F**K THAT"

opaopajr
Sep 2, 2007, 05:17 AM
yeah, i'm not a big fan of the Home Shopping Network myself. oh hey, that's an 'm.' hmm, well don't i have egg all over my face...

Darkly
Sep 2, 2007, 11:12 AM
i personally dont hate it, kinda boring i agree but see it as a way of levelling the field.

late joiners to the game would be put off by all the high levels, with no quick way to level up etc. many may be feeling like they joined the game too late and quit all together.

i like it because its quick and easy way to start raising an alt so i can have a change of pace every so often.

BlackHat
Sep 2, 2007, 11:31 PM
I had 10ft on my Female Newman by lvl 6

There was a lvl 80 doing the entire thing by themselves basically.

Got hardly any hits.

Complex_Jao
Sep 3, 2007, 10:12 PM
HSM needs to be stoped.other runs are turning to dust as HSM is getting more play time.I dont mean ST to take it out,just lower the MP & $.I know this will get moved & ST wont do anything about it,but i just want people to know what "I" think,so Blacklist me,I hate HSM.

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2007, 10:14 PM
If not HSM, it would be another mission. This has been going on since the game came out, starting with De Ragan.

Mayu
Sep 3, 2007, 10:14 PM
hmmm

you know you want that 10k meseta and 100 mp http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

for C rank http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Dragwind
Sep 3, 2007, 10:17 PM
Might as well do the new Ragnus co-op. It's quicker, and the payout is good enough for the time you spend, if not better when spammed. GTFO HSM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Complex_Jao
Sep 3, 2007, 10:18 PM
no i dont,ive done HSM once whin it came out&yes do new De Ragnus run

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Complex_Jao on 2007-09-03 20:19 ]</font>

Cort1984
Sep 3, 2007, 10:20 PM
and once this mission is gone yet one more will take its place you can not kill it its just human nature to go for the big reward for little effort.

Complex_Jao
Sep 3, 2007, 10:32 PM
wow PSOW hates me

omegapirate2k
Sep 6, 2007, 02:53 PM
On 2007-09-03 20:32, Complex_Jao wrote:
wow PSOW hates me

What? Not even everyone disagreed with you, nobody even flamed you, and PSOW "hates you" now?

Odd :/

I haven't played HSM in a while, it's a good place to level my alts though, my main... not so much, I'm usually more into group S rank hunting, that's where all the experience is.