PDA

View Full Version : How to kill Kamatozes?

Zorafim
Sep 2, 2007, 10:23 PM
These things are annoying the hell out of me. Every time I start a PA, they start up their dambarta. This makes them immune to knockback, and always freezes. I thought Dugrega would solve this, but every time I start it up, they dambarta, and I'm a sitting duck.
Are there any effective ways of killing these SoBs?

Mayu
Sep 2, 2007, 10:32 PM
Dus Daggas works perfect for me

Other then that

Grab a simple 9 star single dagger

Use the second PA to toss it

and done http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Zorafim
Sep 2, 2007, 10:43 PM
Knockup > Back, right? Wouldn't it just go into dambarta mode after being knocked up?
As for Daggas, wouldn't it... Do that same... thing...

Kamatozes need a nerf.

Mayu
Sep 2, 2007, 10:58 PM
well if you wanna stop the dambarta

Tossing seems best correct? takesl ike 1-2 seconds for them to get back up

JFKdj
Sep 2, 2007, 11:16 PM
I use Grenades, Dugrega, or Foie, depending on which character I'm using.

SiGeL
Sep 2, 2007, 11:36 PM
You have the knockback part right (Dugrega or TD works well), but how are you spaced from it? Thing is you can't linger around behind/super close to the guy, that's usually when it likes to start it's lvl 50 Dumbarta; you've gotta start it from a bit of a distance, but after that you can time yourself to knock it back down long as you stay away a little. If you can't straight up beat the hell out of it with Daggas, then incapacitating it is best, I would say.

I will add that these mf'ers cheat out the ass, and can do wake-up reversal Dambarta if you stay in on them as they're getting up. Pretty much the short of it is quick knockback=good, keeping away a bit=great.

Other than that?

DAGGAS DAGGAS DAGGAS

Sekani
Sep 2, 2007, 11:50 PM
With two or more people it's possible to either stunlock them with multiple knockdown/knockback PAs or just kill them outright before they have a chance to start up the dambarta attack.

Most of the time though, you're kinda screwed if you have to melee them, thanks to their super-dambarta attack that can be started while it's lying on the ground, hits in a 360-degree radius, and can't be canceled by anything once it decides to start the animation, not even by its own death.

Arika
Sep 3, 2007, 12:05 AM
1.fF = attack him in front!! he don't likely to cast dambarta on you, and Dus daggas!!!!
2.FG = Tornado Dance, super easy!!, just keep PA to knock him back

hope this help *meooww~*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2007-09-02 22:07 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2007, 12:40 AM
**** it, I'm waiting until I get the final axe PA to get it. It's not worth this much stress.

HaydenX
Sep 3, 2007, 12:41 AM
The expensive single dagger PA works well.
Rising Strike works pretty well.
Those are my suggestions.

Shiryuu
Sep 3, 2007, 01:46 AM
On 2007-09-02 20:23, Zorafim wrote:
I thought Dugrega would solve this, but every time I start it up, they dambarta, and I'm a sitting duck.

Learn to time their and your attacks?

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2007, 02:56 AM
This isn't PSO. You can't predict enemy moves like that. They move whenever they want, and this is normally at their greatest convenience.

Sgt_Shligger
Sep 3, 2007, 04:13 AM
Try Bogga Zubba or Rising Crush. These critters don't need a nerf man, they just aren't melee friendly. Maylee Prism keeps them down nicely. . . On my Fortefighter, I'll usually use Rising Crush, though Bogga Zubba should work (haven't tried it myself, assuming).

Zael
Sep 3, 2007, 05:10 AM
Rising Strike always takes down Kamatozes reliably for me. Use the Frying Pan if you don't have better fire sabres.

Ezodagrom
Sep 3, 2007, 05:44 AM
I think shousen totsuzan-ga (single claw PA) might work well on them

Shiryuu
Sep 3, 2007, 06:29 AM
On 2007-09-03 00:56, Zorafim wrote:
This isn't PSO. You can't predict enemy moves like that. They move whenever they want, and this is normally at their greatest convenience.

No offense, but you just suck then. Not that hard to keep them down with dugrega. If there was two or more of them, they can be annoying, but one is easy.

biggabertha
Sep 3, 2007, 09:13 AM
I've found that Anga Dugrega deals with them the easiest out of the Protranser weapons and PAs that I have Access to. I don't have Bogga Robado though, so that may work.

What I do with Anga Dugrega is do the full combo to it, run up to it, swing the axe once at it then go straight into Anga Dugrega. The timing takes a little time to get used to and it all depends if you hit at least one of his/her/its hit points but you may find this to be the easiest way to take them on. Also, doing this on S or S2 lets you level up Anga Dugrega extremely quickly but I use up an entire Ank Tomho doing this...

Tykwa
Sep 3, 2007, 01:28 PM
Grenade Launcher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Oh, and a tip, every time you stun these they will use there spinning attack.

another, dont use dark weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (dont ask why lol)

Use an element weapon you armour is (it will help)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tykwa on 2007-09-03 11:33 ]</font>

Para
Sep 3, 2007, 01:56 PM
Rising Crush if you are a FG
Grenade launcher if you are fG/PT
Dus Daggas if you are fF
Hishou if you are WT
Grenade Launcher or make the kamatoze stuck on map physics and use a bow wit burn/virus if you are GT (what i do lol)

dunno about fT... ill let dj fill that one in XD

Sychosis
Sep 3, 2007, 01:56 PM
On 2007-09-03 11:28, Tykwa wrote:
Grenade Launcher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Oh, and a tip, every time you stun these they will use there spinning attack.

another, dont use dark weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (dont ask why lol)

Use an element weapon you armour is (it will help)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tykwa on 2007-09-03 11:33 ]</font>

Kamatoze, not Kagajibari.

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2007, 02:06 PM
On 2007-09-03 04:29, Shiryuu wrote:
No offense, but you just suck then. Not that hard to keep them down with dugrega. If there was two or more of them, they can be annoying, but one is easy.

You're going to have to define easy. I never considered an enemy with a non-predictable ability to be immune to knockback and immediately counter with an attack that causes a nearly certain instant death to be easy, especially when you are surrounded by enemies which have a very high chance of freezing you if you stop paying attention to them for an instant.
I also notice you aren't offering any ways to help my performance with Dugrega.

Oh, and zubba doesn't have a knockback, so it'll just prompt its damnedbarta without leaving me room to escape. Rising Strike, I can imagine the same thing would happen. But I don't use most Fighgunner weapons, so I can't say.

Alot of people are saying to just Daggas it to death, maybe I'll do that. Perhaps if I don't stun it, it won't damnedbarta me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-03 12:11 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Sep 3, 2007, 02:29 PM
How to take it down?
Shoot it from a distance then have your party members own it. Blame them if they die.

But i feel you. I hate all the moves it has. I get frozen mid PA and it pisses me off. Use Daggas, and you should b fine.

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2007, 02:33 PM
What party members?

Erm, daggas, huh? I really should try that. By the way, could that, perhaps, be a fish knight in your signature?

DikkyRay
Sep 3, 2007, 02:34 PM
The PM and NPC that you should hopefully bring along with you.

and no, not a fishknight lol. Thats saturos from the GBA game Golden Sun. Hes the antagonist which sucks because he is so freakin cool.

Feelmirath
Sep 3, 2007, 02:37 PM
One idea would be to force it to Dambarta (not by attacking- you do have to be able to run), then Dugrega it once it stops. The Kamatoze shouldn't be able to do two Dambartas in a row so quickly, surely?

Zorafim
Phoey, he looked fishy.

And, erm, my NPCs are dead half the time. Something to do with the Damnedbarta.

SiGeL
Just don't start Dugrega (or any PA for the most part) up close to it. Dambarta is the retaliation for being too close/behind the Kamatoze, so put some space between you and it, then knock it over. If you get it knocked down one time, you can continue to knock it over repeatedly as it gets up. As I said in the last post, if you are too close as they're getting back up, they can go straight into Dambarta. Make sure that after you knock it over, you space yourself from it again to prevent that. You'll pick up on the timing/spacing with some practice.

My problem with just ranged fighting is that it has that attack where it charges at you and slashes, which can hit a stupid amount of times for a stupid amount of damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SiGeL on 2007-09-03 12:39 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2007, 02:46 PM
So, start in front of the Kamatoze instead of its side. Use Dugrega so that the first part only hits one target, then hit finish the PA on the second part of it, as the third part will simply trigger a damnedbarta. Back off to avoid the Damnedbarta, and try to start again.
An alternative is to attempt to use Daggas, and hope it will not use damnedbarta.

And, um, they actually can and often do use damnedbarta twice in a row. There is a slight lag, but that lag coincides with the fact that the spell goes on longer than it's actually being cast. So, he can actually keep it up as long as he wants, with little room to go on the offensive with. Luckily, it is possible to get through this, but it isn't surefire.

SiGeL
Sep 3, 2007, 02:57 PM
Oh, I just meant spamming the first part of Dugrega to keep it incapacitated, sorry if that wasn't clear. I prefer this since the whole party can attack worry-free that way. If you've got yourself high % ice armor, a high % fire spear, and don't mind being babysat reliable party members then I guess you could just DAGGAS DAGGAS DAGGAS it in the face till it dies, but I'm guessing you're looking for less 'brute force and ignorance' here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

In my opinion these are the best things to deal with a Kamatoze in this manner.

Tornado Dance
Anga Dugrega
Grenade Launcher (the timing thing applies here too)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SiGeL on 2007-09-03 13:00 ]</font>

Tita
Sep 3, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-09-03 11:56, Para wrote:
Grenade Launcher or make the kamatoze stuck on map physics and use a bow wit burn/virus if you are GT (what i do lol)

this works like a charm (my favorite is trap + grenade launcher as a PT). i avoid melee against these dudes, but if it's all you've got, it's one of the few instances where you should attack from the front with a PA that pops them in the air (as mentioned plenty of times before here already).

i think you can actually trap them on the map (at a bridge) and reach him with a long range PA (spear, single claw?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2007-09-03 13:04 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2007, 04:08 PM
Again, I have no team mates to rely on. I'm stuck with just myself for now. Letting others take care of it isn't an option for me. Such is the life of a rare hunter...

You know, a grenade launcher would be great right about now.

biggabertha
Sep 3, 2007, 04:27 PM
I have Dus Daggas and I can assure you that it doesn't work anywhere near as good as a well timed out Anga Dugrega. Dus Daggas to me feels like I'm wasting a hit on the last part of the combo when I compare it to Anga Dugrega.

Also, mashing away at the triangle button for the Photon Art makes the Art come out too fast. I like to spread out Anga Dugrega for as long as it can go between the first and second hits and rushing into the third part of the combo as quickly as I can for most enemies but Kamatozes are different. I've found using the plunging part of the combo to flinch to be a rather great way to catch up to how far I've tossed it with the first combo but you need to time it so that the Kamatoze's still in the air and hasn't touched the ground so the plunge can hit both parts. If you learn the timing for when the second hit of the third combo slashes out so that it knocks the Kamatoze back off it's feet the moment it gets up, you're well on your way to keeping this thing pinned on it's side. Your only problem now of course, is to make sure that those hits actually connects and deals damage to it otherwise you'll turn around to your favourite move.

I don't think it matters which direction you approach the Kamatoze, just run towards it and if it charges you, run perpendicular to it's motion then run behind it and attack. If it pulls both arms back, ready to cast either Barta or Dammubarta, lock onto it and strafe around it but far enough away if it is casting Dammubarta (shouldn't be if you haven't dealt it any damage) then attack it immediately after it has finished casting or when you hear the sound effect die down.

I've found that a Kamatoze will rarely cast Dammubarta if it's at full health and instead try it's best to charge you or cast Barta. It's odd, the thing only has four moves but two of those moves it does causes so many headaches for us close quarter fighters.

Maybe the key to fighting this enemy is taking your time. Protransers can at least use other means of attacking or hindering it's movements to make it easier (traps) but Fortefighters really seem hung out to dry on this enemy without access to the full combo of Anga Dugrega.

Heh, of course, the smartest thing to do would be to attack it a few times then run off but that wouldn't feel very Fortefighter-ish now would it? Heh, maybe if you see impending Dammubarta, use the second part of Anga Dugrega to leap OUT of the way!

Good luck! I'm a Human Protranser and Anga Dugrega gets to work on these things faster than a Grenade Launcher. Also, being on a PS2 means I can't have the luxury of instant weapon change so I just make do with just one weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: biggabertha on 2007-09-03 14:30 ]</font>

drizzle
Sep 3, 2007, 04:42 PM
1) Get him stuck (very easy, usually)
2) Use a ranged weapon

Zorafim
Sep 3, 2007, 05:14 PM
I've experienced that, when it loses its invulnerability to knockback when getting up, it goes strait into the casting animation, so that the last hit of dugrega (or the first hit if you choose not to complete it) can't knock it back even if I time it. If it doesn't go into the casting animation, though, I'm normally fine. Can you time Dugrega so that it always works if the first attack hits?

As for the ranged weapon thingy, Handgun + lv10 bullets + ranged resistance + invulnerability to status effects under lv3 = better off kicking him. It'd take a long time for that strategy to work.

Gen2000
Sep 3, 2007, 10:04 PM
As a fF, I just rock him with Rising Crush/Hishou for easy mode killing. And um yeah, just learn to time your attacks.

Dus Dagga/Buten wrecks him too but not so much if you're not good at actually having some patience, backing up and just letting him do his dambarta.

biggabertha
Sep 3, 2007, 10:23 PM
I can get it to keep the Kamatoze pinned down so long as the attacks that matter connect. (How the hell does it miss?! I mean physically the axe is in the thing's side!) Still, if you do still have trouble with Kamatozes, you can always do what I used to do back when I was a wee Protranser and that's to use the very edge of Tornado Break's full combo. Not very efficient but the range of the Sword keeps you out of range of it's Dammubarta but I have a 20% Fire Cresaud so I had more PP than a Caliburn or whatever (except Svaltus Sword I suppose).

I'm sure Dus Robado would work as well but I don't remember if that has less range than Tornado Break or not.

MSAksion
Sep 3, 2007, 10:30 PM
DAMUBARTA only hits directly in front, and to its sides. IF you attack his rear you're compeltely safe from his Damubarta Ice Wall.

Go nuts with a high damaging multi hitting melee weapon like Dus Daggas or Spinning Break and youll have dead kamatozes no problem.

Its charging in headlong right at his face that gets hunters killed.

Sekani
Sep 3, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-09-03 20:30, MSAksion wrote:
DAMUBARTA only hits directly in front, and to its sides. IF you attack his rear you're compeltely safe from his Damubarta Ice Wall.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that.

Hotsuma-Blade
Sep 4, 2007, 10:16 AM
Hishou or Shunbu would work just fine. Buten might be a problem since the knockback doesn't happen until the end of the 2nd part of the art, and by then you might be frozen. And don't even bother with the other Twin Dagger PAs on it; you will probably be frozen before you can do some serious damage.

And yeah, attacking his rear does not guarantee safety from being icicled.

panzer_unit
Sep 4, 2007, 12:07 PM
I find Anga Durega pretty reliable like 'bertha does... although it's been less effective against Drua etc. recently so there might have been some small changes to monster behaviour. If that's the case, good old 2-hit RS or Shunbu combos. Let the thing get up and take a couple steps so you're not going to get stuck in an immediate dambarta, then step back in and repeat.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 4, 2007, 12:39 PM
Hunter- single claw
Ranger- burning shot, boma banga
Force- hide and use foie.or Ensei sou.

Jakosifer
Sep 5, 2007, 12:28 AM
I use Shunbu for Kama's, quick, nice knockdown, decent damage. Although usually I'm teamed up with my favorite Beast so we usually tag team one with me using Mayalee Fury and him just...Raping it. >.>

Although Solo, Shunbu is what I use. On my 34% Fire Shirat it does good enough damage to kill it without me getting hurt.

BahnKnakyu
Sep 5, 2007, 10:56 AM
Thing is, they don't "randomly" start their dambarta attack, well, it's still random, but the trigger for it is for you being at melee range. Whenever they're in the middle of one of their attacks (barta, dambarta, etc.), they can't be knocked out of it, so your best bet is to play defensively until they do an attack, after they're done there's a small window of opportunity to do something that knocks them down. Stick to the first hit of Rising Strike, it's fast enough to stop kamatoze, much faster than RIsing Crush. If you're planning on soloing it, then drop a Burn trap on it while keeping it on its back with Rising Strike.

If you have Tornado Dance, come in from outside melee range, smack it with part of TD, then fly out of the way. It's not an efficient use of PP, but if you really don't want to get hit by that dambarta, that's your best bet.

CelestialBlade
Sep 5, 2007, 11:36 AM
I don't know if you're a Claw user, Levia, but I'd think the Single Claw PA (the GOOD one) would incapacitate them pretty easily, as well as causing a mess of damage. Other than that, I really can't think of anything better than Anga Dugrega. Dus Daggas may dish out the pain, but it's not going to stun the thing at all.

But I like your idea of waiting on the ult. Axe PA, too. That thing is going to be rape incarnate.

Zorafim
Sep 5, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-09-05 09:36, Typheros wrote:
I don't know if you're a Claw user, Levia, but I'd think the Single Claw PA (the GOOD one) would incapacitate them pretty easily, as well as causing a mess of damage.

You'll have to be more specific.

As for what I have to work with, I have every PA for every weapon a fortefighter has an S rank in at lv25+ (dugrega is giving me problems). I have about half the dagger PAs at cap, but I don't think they can help me much.
I think I'll stick with my plan of waiting until the final axe PA to take this seriously, but until then, I may go to rainbow beasts every now and then to try to get myself a fuka. Until then, um, Demons Above?

Scratch that, I just tried out a few techniques. Here's what I came up with. Like an earlier poster said, only use the first two parts of Dugrega. If I use the last part, I won't be able to get out fast enough (wouldn't be a problem if not for that stupid knockback immunity junk). I stay near to it, until I see it casting. Once I see that, I back off until its damnedbarta attack stops, then I go in for another dugrega. This keeps it in the same pattern until a stray damnedbarta remnant freezes me, or until he casts too quickly for me to dugrega.

I use only a particular map, which has no worms for me to deal with until Block 3 (which I promptly exit out of). Because of this, I only deal with rats, grunts, pigs, and kamatozes. When a kamatoze spawns, I kill any enemy that spawns with it first. Those can give me huge problems if I try to kill the kamatoze first.

7 kamatozes in 40 minutes. Pretty bad, but it's all I've got.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-05 19:56 ]</font>