PDA

View Full Version : no more item loss during fsod?

googles
Dec 27, 2002, 11:12 PM
I was on my way to antares 8, and right before i spawned there i heard this beep noise and everything froze. Well i was pissed, and when i loged on every single item in my inventory was ok. Maybe st made it so no item lose durring fsod? or maybe i was just lucky for the 1st time.

obi-wang
Dec 27, 2002, 11:32 PM
you are probably just lucky, every time it happens to me i lose my stuff.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 27, 2002, 11:35 PM
You won't lose items if you haven't joined a team since you logged on.

IceBurner
Dec 27, 2002, 11:36 PM
You shouldn't lose items from a FSOD unless you're actually playing in a team.

When you enter a team, the game writes to your file that you've done so, effectively flagging your character's file "open".

If you're able to reload your character without the game "closing" your file (which happens when you quit and save) it means you could have possibly dropped items during the game yet still have them in your possession upon reload, a.k.a. duping items. When your file is found open during load PSO itself deletes all unequipped items from your inventory.

What the FSOD does is cause your file to remain flagged "open" since you can't save&quit or even reset. You are then penalized by the very poorly thought-out anti-cheat measure.

Kaervek
Dec 28, 2002, 10:11 AM
On 2002-12-27 20:35, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
You won't lose items if you haven't joined a team since you logged on.

Not accurate - I have had a total of 3 FSODs since playing E1&2 online. Every time I have lost all unequipped items being held in my Inventory.

Two of those 3 FSODs occured while being transported to a ship/block, like googles described in his post. Just letting you know that it is possible. I'm on dial-up btw.

ReikenFeralsbane
Dec 28, 2002, 03:11 PM
what about when you leave a team and are transporting back to the lobby and you FSOD at that overhead view of the lobby screen that flashes just before you re enter the Visual lobby?

Bluedeath
Dec 28, 2002, 03:23 PM
what!! thats the first time uve been FSODed ive been FSODed at least 8 times...... ITS NOT FAIR!!!

ReikenFeralsbane
Dec 28, 2002, 03:26 PM
ya i don't know what causes it to happen to other people more and others less... karma? nah cuz i'm sure my karma isn't very good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TeK-DEL0REAN
Dec 28, 2002, 09:11 PM
Just bank all of your non equipped rares before getting online and when leaving games. I have never gotten FSOD while in a game, only going to the lobby.

Klila
Dec 29, 2002, 01:13 PM
Okay theres something you all should read. I don't know why everyone is whinning so much about being FOSD. I get it all the time. BUT there is one little trick to keeping all your stuff even if you are in a team running around down on the planet.... LET THE SYSTEM TIME OUT 'CAUSE IT WILL SAVE YOUR GAME FOR YOU!!!!... Remember way back when you all logged on the first time and you had a whole bunch of things to set and program before you could play online? One was a log out time in case you left your game running for to long without doing anything. You can do this any time you get a FSOD and if it's programmed to more than five minutes.... Go back to the website via the cube and change it. You'll never have to worry about losing those precious new found rares, multiple weapons your carry or the million mags your raising. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And don't tell me you all have no patience. If you can spend hours looking for Santa Rappies like I know you all have, then five minutes to keep all your loot isn't much of a sacrifice!

Polenicus
Dec 29, 2002, 02:08 PM
Cool tip! Thanks.

EsperJ
Dec 29, 2002, 02:24 PM
Anybody know what causes the 'buzzing sound' fsod?

jello44
Dec 29, 2002, 02:54 PM
On 2002-12-29 11:24, EsperJ wrote:
Anybody know what causes the 'buzzing sound' fsod?

I believe that it is the modem itself, it does that to me too with the PS2 modem when shutting down or when I got an FSOD playing madden.

I don't know about that whole timing out thing, I don't think that it will acutally work, in essence when FSOD occurs, the whole system crashes and the only way to recover is to power down.

Kaer : if you need anything, let me know, I have a bunch of weapons that I don't need.