PDA

View Full Version : what's yer fav mixed drink?

zentetsua
Sep 7, 2007, 12:16 AM
this is a no-holds barred topic (still can't flame or flamebait it contains mixed alcohol, mixed sodas, mixed whatever.
my fav is irish heaven: hot chocolate + 1 shot grape + 1 shot irish cream. next up A&W rootbeer + Mountain Dew Code Red = true Rootbeer. next again Orange soda + Rootbeer = orangebeer. koolaid green apple (cools down mouth) + cinnomon = cool apple cider. so what's your's? anything goes, success or failed experiments. even if it's something you heard or watched a friend down or stuff, post it and laugh!

ABDUR101
Sep 7, 2007, 12:21 AM
Vodka/pulpy orange juice, vodka/grapejuice, vodka/just about any juice that I like.

Though I haven't had the urge to drink in a while; my sister bought me a gallon of vodka for my birthday. I told her to get me the cheapest possible; and good ol' Vladimir never lets me down. Maybe I'll have a good cause for a drink sooner or later; but thats the only time I prefer to imbibe. Good times or nothing.

Blitzkommando
Sep 7, 2007, 03:19 AM
The most refreshing mix is probably the Arnold Palmer as they're calling it now. Half lemonade and half iced tea it's incredibly refreshing and quite tasty.

Nai_Calus
Sep 7, 2007, 03:29 AM
Two parts hydrogen to one part oxygen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I enjoy a good frozen margarita once in a while. They are, unfortunately, rarer than hen's teeth, so it's a great while. Jose Cuervo pre-mixed margaritas from a bottle do me when I feel the need for alcohol other times.

AC9breaker
Sep 7, 2007, 06:55 AM
Mixed drinks are for girls and hoodrats. Beer plx.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 7, 2007, 07:16 AM
On 2007-09-07 04:55, AC9breaker wrote:
Mixed drinks are for girls and hoodrats. Beer plx.

beer is digusting, and I can't believe anyone actually enjoys drinking it, most do just because it's cheaper

and many many mixed drinks are designed more for men. It's just the fruity ones that are designed for girls

THE JACKEL

amtalx
Sep 7, 2007, 08:26 AM
Vodka.

Anubis_
Sep 7, 2007, 09:39 AM
koolaid

Sinue_v2
Sep 7, 2007, 09:58 AM
Irish Carbomb. 1/2 shot Baileys Irish Cream, 1/2 shot Jameson Irish Whiskey. Drop the shotglass into a pint of Guiness and slam it. Although, I tend to just stick to the old standby of Coffee with 2-shots Baileys for creamer. Maybe a shot or two of Starbucks Coffee Liquor if I can afford it. I also tend to mix my whiskey with coffee. Jim Beam is very good, and VERY cheap, so I tend to make a lot of mixers with that. Jim & Coke is a staple mixer.

Gin & Squirt is good, and for potency not much beats a Mountain Spew - 3/4ths Mountain Dew to 1/4th Everclear. (Also heard it called Frog Piss).

I've heard Black & Blues were great too. 1/2 Blue Moon Belgian Ale, 1/2 Guiness. I'm gonna it this weekend.

beer is digusting, and I can't believe anyone actually enjoys drinking it

You sound like a man who needs to try a Ruination or Arrogant Bastard Ale. A "glorious celebration of the hop", over 100+ IBU's.

And if bitter isn't your thing, then one of the better beers I've had in a while was called the Breakfast Stout. It's an Oatmeal beer with hints of coffee and chocolate flavoring. Dogfish Head makes a 120 minuite IPA which is very sweet. Too sweet for me to drink, but it's a good burping beer and around 16-18% Alcohol by volume.

And if nothing else, try Lambics. Frambose Lambic Raspberry is a beer triple fermented with Raspberries and has a very acidic and pulpy texture. It's like the Schmuckers of Beer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-09-07 08:07 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Sep 7, 2007, 10:01 AM
I have a certain fondness for gin and tonic. By themselves, they are horrifying, together they are...deliciously bubbly and slightly citrus flavored. Add lime for that extra special touch.

DikkyRay
Sep 7, 2007, 02:52 PM
i love my proper grammer with spell-check!

But since i can't drink, i love my chocolate milk
Still fits since, you know, you mix milk and chocolate sauce.

Otis_Kat
Sep 7, 2007, 03:46 PM
On 2007-09-07 01:19, Norvekh wrote:
The most refreshing mix is probably the Arnold Palmer as they're calling it now. Half lemonade and half iced tea it's incredibly refreshing and quite tasty.

Are you talking about about the Arizona canned one or is that the name you saw for it on a restaurant menu or something?

Although I'm only 17, I've had many tastes of different alcohols and mixes, and I can safely say I'll never drink even when I'm legal.

Kylie
Sep 7, 2007, 04:31 PM
This is boring, but I'll stick with the classic piņa coladas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Can't beat that, in my opinion!

Otherwise, I like frozen drinks in general.

astuarlen
Sep 7, 2007, 04:38 PM
On 2007-09-07 07:39, Anubis_ wrote:
koolaid

Curses, beat to the punch!

No, actually, I think Koolaid is pretty nasty. My favorite "mixed drink" would be a refreshing strawberry banana smoothie. Mmmmmm. Ice and water is also a winner.

Banish
Sep 7, 2007, 04:38 PM
Caprisan.

KodiaX987
Sep 7, 2007, 04:45 PM
From my limited knowledge of mixers, the Irish car bomb remains my favorite.

Fill a pint of Guinness or other stout beer. Dump a shooter of Baileys Irish Cream into it and chug.

Wyndham
Sep 7, 2007, 05:04 PM
iced tea, lemonade, dr pepper, and coke.

Blitzkommando
Sep 7, 2007, 08:33 PM
On 2007-09-07 13:46, Otis_Kat wrote:

On 2007-09-07 01:19, Norvekh wrote:

Are you talking about about the Arizona canned one or is that the name you saw for it on a restaurant menu or something?

Although I'm only 17, I've had many tastes of different alcohols and mixes, and I can safely say I'll never drink even when I'm legal.

Both actually. I was recently at a restaurant that had it labeled as such on the menu. It's not the only mixed drink I have, but it's certainly one of the most refreshing.

Dgo
Sep 8, 2007, 03:09 AM
adios mother fucker

1 oz gin
1 oz light rum
4/5 oz tequila
1 oz vodka
1 1/2 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
2 oz sweet and sour mix
1 oz SpriteŽ soda

yes that is the name for you non alcoholics that drink is delicious i take a few down then after i just might go down!!!

-Crokar-
Sep 9, 2007, 12:26 AM
ever extra flavor at sonic in a dr pepper= fantastico

DonRoyale
Sep 9, 2007, 12:50 AM
Anything that doesn't involve alcohol.

Because I'm bordering insanity when sober.

zentetsua
Sep 9, 2007, 03:23 PM
i'm speechless at all of the mixes you ppl have posted some are pretty...amazing i never heard of some of these drinks, a few of these sound powerful...o yeah i'm supposed 2 b speechless...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
where did that blue thing come from? can any1 tell me?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zentetsua on 2007-09-09 13:59 ]</font>

Scales_of_Air
Sep 9, 2007, 03:46 PM
A Cappuccino Amaretto in Prague

Darkly
Sep 9, 2007, 04:52 PM
non-alcoholic - lemon and lime, basically any kind of lemonade with lime cordial, made yourself can be really refreshing

as for alcoholic, i quite like vodka with orange juice, but then again most things go well with vodka.

KodiaX987
Sep 9, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-09-09 14:52, Darkly wrote:
as for alcoholic, i quite like vodka with orange juice, but then again most things go well with vodka.

Try this in shooter form:

-1 part orange juice
-1 part 7-Up or Canada Dry ginger ale
-1 part dry gin

Kent
Sep 9, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-09-08 01:09, Dgo wrote:
that drink is delicious i take a few down then after i just might go down!!!

Somehow, I don't think that's going to get interpreted in the way you're thinking...

Oh, and black cherry juice + raspberry juice.

Also: Anyone else think that Game Fuel tastes like Mountain Dew mixed with Cherry Icee?

AlexCraig
Sep 9, 2007, 06:41 PM
Mountain Dew + Code Red Mountain Dew + Live Wire Mountain Dew + Pitch Black Mountain Dew + Baja Blast Mountain Dew

Darkly
Sep 9, 2007, 06:44 PM
KodiaX987 - will try with friends next time they come over!

Jaden_Korr
Sep 11, 2007, 06:36 PM
I'd be here all day if I were to get started,but my usual is just a Maker's Mark Bourbon & Coke

ulyoth
Sep 11, 2007, 07:38 PM
A Blue WKD (vodka fruit drink) and port
Ive also been given a shot that had tabasco sauce in it, man that was nasty.

Sinue_v2
Sep 12, 2007, 07:21 AM
Alright, my cousin up for the week and we picked up about 100+ worth of booze. Now the question is... can anyone recommend a good mixed drink with the supplies we have on hand.

1 24-Case of Guiness
1 12-Case of Blue Moon (we were mixing Black & Blues)
7 Stone Brewery Arrogant Bastards
7 Stone Brewery Double IPA's.
1 6-Pack TommyKnocker Maple-Nut Brown Ale
1 5th Johnny Walker Blue Label
1 Gallon Jim Beam
1 2-Liter Halo 3 Gamer Fuel Mountain Dew

Zeota
Sep 12, 2007, 03:13 PM
Rum 'n Coke were always two good friends of mine.

Alielle
Sep 12, 2007, 08:13 PM
Rum & Coke
Vodka + anything
Soju

Beer and wine give me headaches. ;-;

SStrikerR
Sep 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
every single drink they have at one of dem mcdonalds drink bar-thing.
suicidal,suicidal,when i geeeeeeeet, my driiiiiiiiinkkkkkk

zentetsua
Sep 13, 2007, 05:10 PM
not too bad never knew some of these mixes, next year it will B time to try some out on xx/x3/08.

zentetsua
Sep 15, 2007, 12:45 PM
Norvekh Posted: 2007-09-07

I tried that yesterday it was really good, next time i should try to make some homemade instead of minutemaid frozen premixed stuff.

Dangerous55
Sep 15, 2007, 06:54 PM
Crow-Co-Cola...30 Percent Old Crow Bourbon and 70 percent Cola
Old Richard...40 percent Old Crow Bourbon and 60 percent Green Tea

Yum.