PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PC: GameGuard turns computer virus?

Kietrinia
Sep 7, 2007, 09:18 AM
I'm using NOD32 for my antivirus, and it just labeled GameGuard as a virus. Here's an excerpt from the scanner log:

C:Program Files (x86)Sega GamesPHANTASY STAR UNIVERSEGameGuardGameMon.des - a variant of Win32/Packed.Themida application

One of my friends who uses AVG antivirus also had GameGuard reported as a virus. Except her antivirus called it Obfustat.LJZ

I'm a little worried. Is there a virus spreading from the GameGuard servers? Is this my anti-viral trying to save me from the root kit that is GameGuard? Anyone else getting this?

Sinue_v2
Sep 7, 2007, 10:21 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=146443&forum=3&10

Basically, no, but GameGuard uses some components that resemble or are commonly used in the creation of viruses and hence is flagged as one.

Alamar
Sep 7, 2007, 11:59 AM
mine to i did a system restore the other night now 2 days later it finds the same "virus" I use AVG also and it had the same name as your friends. now i have to system restore again and figure out what to do so this don't happen any more

Kietrinia
Sep 7, 2007, 12:48 PM
After NOD32 cleaned the file, my PSU runs fine.

This worries me. There might have actually been a virus, and NOD32 was able to purify (lolfirebreak) it. o.o;