PDA

View Full Version : PSO Wii-Phantasystar Online: Faltz Awakening

PSOWii
Sep 7, 2007, 09:04 PM
Prequal to Phantasystar Online: Episode 1-2 Dreamcast graphics and original gameplay style but with the next gen DVD storage for more levels, weapons, bosses, quests, mags, and just more of everthing. A PSO where you as a freelancer have the choose to reserect Faltz or eliminate him. A PSO with Multi player action offline, for all those that can't go online or have it long enough that the server service ends. PSO the way it was ment to be, Realtime RPG, Over the shoulder mags, and Dreamcast graphics.

P.S. PSU was a let down to PSO fans, for me it was the "P-machinery", I misted the mags from PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOWii on 2007-09-07 19:10 ]</font>

Saphion
Sep 8, 2007, 05:48 AM
I think your poll is a bit broken.

In any case yes, I'd kill for a PSO Wii. I miss the PSO community. PSU's is full of self-centered asshats.

PSOWii
Sep 8, 2007, 09:30 AM
ya poll is broken, this is my first time posting so i diddn't understand the poll option. but that is o.k. I feel my point got accross.

PSOWii
Sep 8, 2007, 09:47 AM
Hey how does a C.A.R.D. gun sound? Where you can shoot a creature with a special gun and turn them into a card for like tournaments PSO 3 style or have the ability to summon them in real time ,simmilar to "Lost Kingdoms" for Gamecube, but without the fighting in a small area when you touch a creature, just real time fighting. Summoning a creature would be as easy as changing weapons in a fight. And it would help in boss fights (decoys), I mean who wouldn't want to summon a Chaos bringer and see it slaughter a Booma or Rappy?

afish8doom
Sep 8, 2007, 01:51 PM
Yea I would love to have that. I'm not with you on the C.A.R.D. thing, Episode 3 was bs. I hate games that revolve around cards... lame.

PSOWii
Sep 8, 2007, 02:36 PM
I don't mean turn based play, I mean realtime summoning and fighting. Like PSO Ep. 1-2

zentetsua
Sep 8, 2007, 03:07 PM
as a pso fan i'm all for the wii idea, the C.A.R.D. gun a little iffy because of summoning time and swarming of creatures, all in all it's all right of an idea.

Kelvie
Sep 10, 2007, 09:51 AM
A topic for wii'tards ? >_>

There is a PSO on gamecube, no need for any PSO on Wii.

PSOWii
Sep 10, 2007, 11:33 AM
The PSO for Gamecube doesn't work on Wii and wouldn't work on Wii even if the service was still available. The game tryes to find a modem adapter that just isn't there.

Saphion
Sep 11, 2007, 06:49 AM
On 2007-09-10 07:51, Kelvie wrote:
A topic for wii'tards ? >_>

There is a PSO on gamecube, no need for any PSO on Wii.

Wow, you make a post like this and call us retards? (Albeit in a very childish manner.)

Oh, precious irony. How delicious you are sometimes.

cashizslick
Sep 11, 2007, 02:52 PM
Well, you all are retards to sit here complaining that you cannot play online when a perfectly good server exists for that purpose.

Arcyon
Sep 11, 2007, 03:30 PM
Well the drop rates for PSO Wii are... 1/something really high.
I don't think Sonic Team really care anymore. =]

DoubleJG
Sep 11, 2007, 05:35 PM
PSO for the Wii would be amazing, but to be perfectly honest, I highly doubt it'll happen (atleast not for the next two years). Why? PSU is still somewhat big and have an expansion launching just over the horizon with many updates to put out there even after that for some time. PSU is the next PSO for Sonic Team, so it's very unlikely that we'll see a new PSO.

The closest thing to a new PSO would be either A) PSO DS (which has been rumored about) or B) PSO++ for the Wii. Ofcourse, PSO++ is nearly gauranteed not to happen, and PSO DS is quite questionable as far as performance and whatnot goes.

PSOWii
Sep 13, 2007, 04:08 AM
PSO for DS would be great but PSO for DS and Wii with transferable characters between both would be even better

TheDelsabre
Sep 19, 2007, 10:54 PM
Normally, I would agree if the Wii wasn't so different. Now how could we play PSO without a c stick, L, R, X, Y, and Z buttons? Theres no real layout for a combo like A+A+X. I dont know, I think without the buttons (or a keyboard) it's impossible to have a PSO for the Wii.

m3talh4wk
Sep 21, 2007, 10:06 PM
(way back to the beginning of the topic) the vote button isnt broken, you just have to press the o beside agree or not then click the cast vote button.

PSOWii
Sep 22, 2007, 12:09 AM
?????????????What????????????????
My poll was suposed to be "Agree" on one and "not" on another.
That way people could agree or not to my statement/opinion

Zantra
Sep 22, 2007, 01:14 AM
PSO does exist for the Wii...

Just pop in your Gamecube disk, and play...

zentetsua
Sep 22, 2007, 12:47 PM
that is not true i have psogc and a wii, it goes to gamecube mode and acts like it's on the gamecube it self. so not for the wii as to what u are saying it supposeably is but is not.

Kelvie
Sep 22, 2007, 02:34 PM
Ok.

izia96
Sep 22, 2007, 10:52 PM
On 2007-09-19 20:54, TheDelsabre wrote:
Normally, I would agree if the Wii wasn't so different. Now how could we play PSO without a c stick, L, R, X, Y, and Z buttons? Theres no real layout for a combo like A+A+X. I dont know, I think without the buttons (or a keyboard) it's impossible to have a PSO for the Wii.

You could just plug the gamecube controller into the wii. They're doing that for smash bros and since the wii has USB input, a keyboard would be pretty easy to make. Why they havent already made a keyboard, I have no freakin idea....

Weeaboolits
Sep 23, 2007, 01:41 AM
I actually really like Partner Machines, they're really funny (Freeze, punk!), but I do miss mags. ._.

As for keyboards...

http://www.wiikeyboard.com/img/gamecube-keyboard-controller.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-09-22 23:43 ]</font>

Out_Kast
Sep 23, 2007, 02:33 PM
It's easy. Just pop PSOGC into your Wii, and press this code in on the title screen:
Sorry, it was too hard to resist xP
As someone so rightly said, Sonic Team don't really care about PSO anymore. x]
Hope I haven't upset anyone. As for the keyboard... I'm rendered speechless xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Out_Kast on 2007-09-24 11:04 ]</font>

zentetsua
Sep 24, 2007, 02:47 AM
ummm out_kast i tink u should edit the cheat out, use-able or not it will get this thread locked. is that keyboard real???? and how would u even play games w/ it???

PSOWii
Sep 25, 2007, 01:58 AM
That keyboard was set up to demonstrate the Gamecube online controller+keyboard combo.
The keyboard is real but not publicly sold.

PSO for Gamecube doesn't recognize the Wii WiFi.
That is why we need a PSO for Wii that work with the Wii WiFi.

Masou
Sep 25, 2007, 02:56 PM
dream cast graphics fail.
but i wouldn't mind a PSO for the wii though.
granted i'd need to buy a wii. and i'd also want them to allow you to use Gamecube controllers ><

Saigan
Sep 27, 2007, 12:34 AM
That keyboard WAS publicly sold, in Japan- you could import it fairly easily.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 27, 2007, 07:59 AM
On 2007-09-25 12:56, Masou wrote:
dream cast graphics fail.
but i wouldn't mind a PSO for the wii though.
granted i'd need to buy a wii. and i'd also want them to allow you to use Gamecube controllers ><

dreamcast was lauch in 1999 and pso ver.1/ver.2 in 2000/2001, the game used animations and light effects that were very simple but they were VERY well used.
just look at the zones for example, caves or mines......

zoloroel
Sep 27, 2007, 03:04 PM
y cant ya just hook up the old fashion way with a gamecuube?

PSOWii
Oct 8, 2007, 01:43 AM
If Nintendo and SEGA doesn't make a Real time RPG PSO for the Wii I will be severly disepointed. PSO for the Gamecube was a great game but now we as PSO fans want more.

More PSO EP.1-2 style game play.
More Mags (NOT those stupid P-Machinery)
And just more of what made PSO EP.1-2 so popular and fun to play

P.S. Phantasy star Universe did not cut it as a PSO title. It just diddn't feel or play like PSO.

A2K
Oct 8, 2007, 03:01 AM
Dreamcast graphics might have cut it when the game came out in 2001, but we're leaps and bounds beyond that now. Even PSO Episode I & II on Gamecube and Xbox had things that just weren't possible back then. Not quite a full overhaul, but definitely a grand amount of tweaks and a marked jump from then.

As much as you don't want to hear it, realistically speaking, if Sonic Team Japan were to make a PS title for Wii, it would probably be some version of Phantasy Star Universe. Although instead of summarily dismissing the title I suggest you take a look at the expansion, many concerns you mentioned are actually being addressed for the upcoming addition:

- The introduction of timed attacks and counters and manual PP recovery to melee combat.
- Shadoog and Madoog weapons, which mimic Mags in appearance (but are still quite different in function).
- The addition of PSO fields, items (besides Mags), and enemies.

Just don't ever expect it to be PSO Episode V, though.

X9-305
Oct 8, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-09-19 20:54, TheDelsabre wrote:
Normally, I would agree if the Wii wasn't so different. Now how could we play PSO without a c stick, L, R, X, Y, and Z buttons? There's no real layout for a combo like A+A+X. I dont know, I think without the buttons (or a keyboard) it's impossible to have a PSO for the Wii.

hmm not really they could just have you use the Classic controller which has all of thous buttons
you speak of and as for a keyboard SEGA or Nintendo
could just make one for online game's like this.

"Or they could just have to swing the wiimote for a normal attack, Hold C button swing for Hard attack, Hold Z button swing for Extra attack"

but yes as of right now it would be some what irritating to do it as i mentioned (in Quotes)

zentetsua
Oct 9, 2007, 12:09 AM
that sounds interesting 2 me, i could prolly get into that.

PSOWii
Oct 9, 2007, 03:20 AM
I merly suggested Dreamcast graphics, so less time went into visuals and more into gameplay. I mean look at X-Box 360 and Playstation 3, they look great visually but they are losing 3-1 by a system with about half the graphics.

I support Nintendo to the fullest, for they care more about gameplay than graphics.
Wii has already won the console wars, now they will bring out the big guns.

My personal thought (Microsoft and SONY should be a little more creative on there next console or they will lose again)

P.S. If you work for Microsoft or SONY, start using your brain not your eyes

Saphion
Oct 10, 2007, 05:29 AM
If we never get a Wii PSO, at least there'll be a Monster Hunter game, I guess.

Although if it ever comes out outside of Japan is anyone's guess.

EDIT: Also, if it's even online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saphion on 2007-10-10 03:53 ]</font>

zentetsua
Oct 11, 2007, 03:18 AM
might happen more or less.

Nyreal
Oct 11, 2007, 05:16 AM
PSO on the Wii would be great. Just think about the way the Wiimote was designed... You could actually swing your sword! There's so many possiblities for the Wiimote. People just need to get creative with it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PSOWii
Nov 28, 2007, 12:57 PM
If people put too much into redesigning the game they will stray from there PSO Ep.1-2 roots.

Otis_Kat
Nov 28, 2007, 05:29 PM
PSO is never coming out again, there's a reason we have PSU now and not PSO Episode 5. Deal with it.

And why the hell would you want the game to keep Dreamcast graphics? Is there some law stating a game can't be fun or have good game-play if it looks good?

lee-san
Nov 28, 2007, 07:46 PM
Ok, i might be off topic but PSO on DS would be so totally awesome... even though you might need a new screen later in the game.

kizu
Nov 28, 2007, 09:01 PM
PSO on DS might be nice but would suffer from small mem space and poor graphics. Also, as Otis_Kat said, why dreamcast graphics? 360 graphics with orginal gameplay would be great. Same feel with better view and improved camera angles, sounds great!

Saphion
Nov 29, 2007, 04:11 AM
I'd be happy with Dragon Quest Monster: Joker style graphics for PSO DS.

That game rocks my socks.

RemiusTA
Nov 29, 2007, 09:23 AM
Sonic Team isnt stupid. Producing PSO for Wii would simply be a HUGE waste of money, since putting PSU on wii would be so much more benefical.

Think about it. If PSU and PSO were both on the wii, do you think ANYBODY would pay to play PSO when they could play the more advanced PSU?

You might as well let PSO go, dude. Its highly outdated. The only thing that is keeping it going is Nostalaga, and even THAT isnt helping it. The Sega reps even said the only thing funding the official PSO servers was PSU income.

Dont ever count on them to remake this game. If your extremely lucky they will, but dont expect them to spend production costs on such an outdated game.

----PS

And just to finish this off, P-machinery is 1029310390x better than mags. Mags were a way to boost your stats and had virtually useless Mag Blasts that, while looked awesome...Well, they were useless. (And not to mention got me killed countless times.)

P-machinery is a gameplay system in itself. They make weapons for you, allow you (if you have the orginal board to the weapon) to make your own rare with the elemental type of your choice (which elimates the "??? SPECIAL WEAPON" boxes by allowing you to determine it yourself and let the %age be random), and after the hard leveling process to get them to lv100, they actually are allowed to be taken into battle.

Mags broke the game. They were a way to alter your stats the way you wanted them, but the lack of limitations/ depth to it really allowed people to take advantage. Sure, they looked neat, but they have absolutely nothing on Partner machines or how awesome my partner machine looks running around with my rare weapon.

I hate to be so rough, but if you think ST will make another PSO version just because "P machines sux", then you'll be dissapointed for life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-29 06:34 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-29 06:37 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Nov 29, 2007, 11:43 AM
On 2007-11-29 06:23, RemiusTA wrote:
Allthatshit about PSU>PSO
Great! Another PSU sackrider talking about nostalgia! Although I agree the OP needs to shutup, we shouldn't give up a good game because some other so called "better" game comes out. Mags were much better than Partner Machinery, the whole board idea is crap. The whole material and mag setup let you customize your character stats more deeply than PSU did. You are more or less restricted to types but to consider one better than the other is opinion.

Anyways, telling people that they shouldn't play PSO because it's outdated is stupid. People play games because they like them. Should I HAVE to quit because a new game that plays like shit comes out? No. You don't seem to understand that the game has it's differences from PSU.

Although it is the truth that Sega basically wants nothing to do with PSO anymore, there are still those that ARE willing to play the game. Why spoil it for them? Eventually they WILL quit PSO and move onto something that satisfies them infinitely more than PSU would.

RemiusTA
Nov 29, 2007, 05:10 PM
I never said that playing PSO is stupid or that they shouldn't, i just say your reasons for hating it are asinine.

NOSTALGIA is the ONLY reason on earth why anyone today would enjoy PSO more than PSU. Ive been playing PSO for Y E A R S with a few thousand hours of gameplay in.

Ive played PSU online for a grand total of two months, no more than 500 hours (most of which was talking and playing around), and anyone who uses the logical functions of their brain could tell you its simply a better game.

Nobody is saying PSO is a bad game, but if you can say something like PSU "Plays Like Shit", then there is absolutely no reason in HELL you should be playing PSO.

..Except for Nostalgia.

PSO never let you "customize" your character. 4 slots on a frame and 200 mag levels was all the customization you were alloted.

Humars and Hucasts ruled the world. Forces were medicore. Rangers sucked. You had to choose a class of characters which was basically just choosing ONE character and a face, because everyone of the same class you played with looked E X A C T L Y like you.

The armor system was neat, yet also throughly BROKEN, due to the fact that you didn't even NEED high level armor to survive, only a few /HP units. My Humar used his level 47 Frame all the way until he was level 125.

Lets be real now. The Targeting system PSO was based on WAS neat, but is SERIOUSLY outdated, not to mention how UTTERLY BROKEN the evasion calculation was by the time you got to MissUltimate mode, where you would swing a meter long sword stright through a gigantic turtle and watch "MISS!" pop up. I couldn't STOMACH being a ranger and dealing with that targeting system, let alone being a force.

You say the levels had more atmosphere.

Whatever. That game is so repetitive at times i basically Zone out while playing and let my subconscious instinct and reflexes play the game for me, since the formula is so god-awful straightforward. (ATTACK - HARD ATTACK- HARD ATTACK- HIT - FALLDOWN - 3 SECONDS- GET UP - RESTA-*repeat*)

At least in PSU my fights with stronger enemies isnt a Blow trading contest. I actually move and fight without having to pause to wait for my character to get up EVERY TIME it hits me, so i have JUST enough invincible time to Resta myself and get 2 more hits in before i get knocked down again.

You can say the bosses were better, but you would be lying. In a cosmetic sense, SURE, the bosses were awesome. But thats not without saying each boss could be completely obliterated within 5 seconds of the fucking match. Wheres the fun in that?

I could go on for ages complaining about the problems of PSO that you people seem to love so much for no reason.

Dont click if you dont care, but this is why (to me and PLENTY others) PSU is a superior game than PSO.

[spoiler-box]PSU gives you stat groups based on what race AND sex you choose. 3 base classes and 6 advanced classes to choose from (9 if you count the expansion, and 12 if you count the 3 unreleased master classes). With the expansion you can find rare weapons with random elemental percentages OR find the board and make it your own choice of element+color.

Armors now limit you from just god-modeing your character like you could on PSO, forcing you to actually WORK for that extra boost. You stay within your class limits with units that greatly increase stats but decrease others, which takes alot more stragety to consider, espically for the Forte classes. (Not to mention the Extra slot units are great)

Who wants Mag blasts when your PA goes to battle with you. Who needs mag blasts when you have Nanoblasts (which are better than mag blasts) and SUV weapons (which look 1329013x cooler AND are better than mag blasts)

I wont lie and say the classes arent still a tad broken, because they are, but GOD they are so much better than PSO had them. The weapon choices stop you from fist-fucking the other class strengths (and also stops Fortefighters from being complete dicks with Tornado Dance ;d), giving you weapon choices based on their Strengths and weaknesses

(10,000ATP/Slow/one hitter quitter weapons for melee classes opposed to 500ATP/Fast/lots of combo hit weapons for faster/melee classes. Guns and magic/melee weapons for the mixed gunner classes and Laser Cannons/Grenade launchers for the hardcore gunner classes. Magic use and weak/fast weapons for the mixed force classes, and Rod use for the hardcore force classes.

Not to mention the leveling system for the skills, which also limits your character but also allows each class to have their own special hitch (which can look DAMN cool).

And lets not even START with the clothing, hair, face morphing, proportion, voice editing, hair coloring, eye coloring, eye shape options, EYEBROW options, EAR TYPE OPTIONS....PSO is SHIT when compared to PSU customization. Although there are plenty of copies running around, i have YET to run into a person who looks like my character. (That, and you can tell when someone is tacky http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif )

[/spoiler-box]

I can keep going on and on about why this game is so much better, but i might as well stop here, because im tired of typing.

AlexCraig
Nov 29, 2007, 05:26 PM
What the hell are you talking about. I don't play PSO for nostalgia. I play it because I hate PSU and I like PSO. Graphics and gameplay? Storyline and weapons? This is all I hear in all the discussions about PSU vs PSO. Whoopty-fuggin-doo! I play PSO because I like the game; not because of "nostalgia".

Now cut the PSU vs PSO crap and continue the discussion at hand, dammit! That arguement is old and overused http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

PS.: To all the PSU players who like PSU more than PSO, why do you bother to come into "PSO General" and downtrod PSO? You don't like it, keep it to yourselves. Most of us PSO fans are tired of that shit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Jaspaller
Nov 29, 2007, 05:42 PM
On 2007-11-29 14:10, RemiusTA wrote:
Incoming oversized wall of text.

Yes yes yes, you believe people play it for nostalgia and nostalgia will always be the argument.

I don't feel that PSU is shit, but the vibe from every PSU player is "don't play PSO! Play PSU because it's newer and has a variety of new stuff" and the same is reverse for those people who can't stomach PSU! I may have come off the same way for PSO vs PSU but in some cases it really can't be helped.

Both games have their flaws and I can acknowledge that but it all comes down to opinion and what you like to play. I don't play the game for nostalgia, I play the game because I enjoy the gameplay and there's still shitloads for me to do.

Cut the crap already. People play games like this because they enjoy them whether it is or isn't nostalgia.

RemiusTA
Nov 29, 2007, 05:42 PM
because its funny to argue over a situation in which i cannot lose.

Edit: okay that was a dick response.

Well, most PSU people are that way because the "hardcore" PSO force is like a negetive ad campaign for the game. It tells people to dislike the game and not join the community because "PSU sucks compared to PSO"..

..Well, YEAH, if you compare PSU to PSO, of course it'll fail to it because its a completely different game. However, after letting the initial dislike for the game loose (Which, for ME, was nostalgia), you find that you actually like PSU and its changes over PSO.

Then, when you run into alot of people who thought the same thing you previously told yourself, it seems only fair to correct them.

Play this game. Play it until you cant fucking see anymore. Im not telling you NOT to play the game, im just telling you to stop bashing PSU changes based on how much its not similar to PSO.

Afterall, one of the main reasons i stopped playing PSO is because...Its over. Discontinued. There is nothing to look forward to in that game anymore, and ive seen everything it has to offer. I saw it years ago.

Sonic Team has as well, and thats why its being shut down. Thats ALSO why it wont be coming to the Wii. The game was so good because it has been improved upon for almost 6 years now. It cant be made any better anymore.

And thats what PSU is for. Sonic Team took everything good about PSO and innovated it for PSU. While they have plenty of flaws still, they've pretty much deleted all the old ones from PSO (Including the mags), and for some reason you people are Royally pissed about that.

But whatever, I understand where your coming from. Im just trying to soften the blow a bit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2007-11-29 14:55 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Nov 29, 2007, 05:48 PM
On 2007-11-29 14:42, RemiusTA wrote:

That is a pretty pious point of view there. All it is is trolling.

Edit: As was stated, cut it. Let's just move on with the discussion this thread was intended for.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-11-29 14:50 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Nov 29, 2007, 05:51 PM
On 2007-11-29 14:42, RemiusTA wrote:

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

ashaz
Dec 2, 2007, 11:44 AM
On 2007-09-10 09:33, PSOWii wrote:
The PSO for Gamecube doesn't work on Wii and wouldn't work on Wii even if the service was still available. The game tryes to find a modem adapter that just isn't there.

if you think about it, if a pahntasy star game on the wii was to be online, it would run on the nintendo wifi connection

SStrikerR
Dec 2, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-11-29 14:26, AlexCraig wrote

PS.: To all the PSU players who like PSU more than PSO, why do you bother to come into "PSO General" and downtrod PSO? You don't like it, keep it to yourselves. Most of us PSO fans are tired of that crap. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

[/quote]quoted for the best thing i'v heard in months, it's time for a new sig.

Carlo210
Dec 3, 2007, 12:42 AM
You 'misted' the mags? God, I feel sad.

Topcover
Dec 14, 2007, 06:54 PM
my only disagreement would be the graphics. I would enjoy it more with the newer better graphics. Other htan that this game sounds awsome