PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Warriors rare map

Powder Keg
Sep 8, 2007, 02:47 PM
I'm hunting HPC right now, trying to get the rare map (big hallway route).

It's been three hours of restarting....is this normal? Or do I just have awful luck? I've found a [B] Phantom Line and even a Relic Edge while doing this, but no rare map.

How long does this normally take? If someone's had experience with this it would really help..

Mayu
Sep 8, 2007, 02:50 PM
Completely random http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

seriously -.-

Kion
Sep 8, 2007, 03:08 PM
If you're hunting all three maps it takes about an hour give or take. Like Mayu said; it's completely random. If you're only hunting one of the possible rares maps than it's going to take you and i stress: alot longer. You could easily be abandoning possible rare maps. Hunt all three, or be prepared to run the map 1,000 times.

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 03:21 PM
I heard that there was one map that took a few minutes to check. Are you using that one? Something about stairs leading down at the start...

Powder Keg
Sep 8, 2007, 03:40 PM
On 2007-09-08 13:21, Zorafim wrote:
I heard that there was one map that took a few minutes to check. Are you using that one? Something about stairs leading down at the start...

Yes. It's the B1 long hallway. It starts with badrias, then after the gate Golmoros, then badrias again before the end. in B2, after the first room of enemies, you have to run into only 3 badrias instead of several.

But thanks a lot for the tips...if it's really going to be shorter that way then I should just try all three out instead of just the one.

Mayu
Sep 8, 2007, 04:04 PM
Yes try all Three http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Waste a billion min's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif <.< just trying for one

due to the fact even finding only ONE current map

can take like

what? 3-5 mins?

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Keep your sanity in check

Listen to music,Watch a movie or something rofl ;P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-08 14:04 ]</font>

Niloklives
Sep 8, 2007, 05:48 PM
pasically think of it this way: but only serching one map set...how many rare maps might you have skipped?

by all means hunt all three...but fair warning: i did map hunting there for 3 weeks and never had once sighting...so if 3 hours is too much for you...just abandon all hope now...

...no but seriously it's completely random...good luck

Zorafim
Sep 8, 2007, 07:22 PM
You could also think of it as, in order to check one map, you could have checked three other maps. It's a waste, yes, but all in all it may be better.

By the way, if you have a friend willing to waste his life, you could have him look for a rare map in a different party. When he finds one, you can join him. This should get you a rare map twice as fast. If you have five friends, that's all the better.

Powder Keg
Sep 9, 2007, 12:21 AM
If my insanity levels rise, then I'll just end up stopping....I'm not THAT bent on getting it, I'm actually planning on selling it for huge meseta or trading it, and in the meantime just synthing phantoms to continue getting more money. X_o

I hunted about another hour or so tonight using all three maps this time, and nothing...didn't find anything worthwhile this time. It seems from what most of you are saying it's really random and nothing you can really estimate...so I guess I have no choice but to keep going until I get really sick of it.

Mayu
Sep 9, 2007, 12:28 AM
Oh and never say to your say

''I'm ma take a break'' That break usually last for like 5 hours or something

then your like uh what am I doing here again

Niloklives
Sep 9, 2007, 12:28 AM
On 2007-09-08 17:22, Zorafim wrote:
You could also think of it as, in order to check one map, you could have checked three other maps. It's a waste, yes, but all in all it may be better.

By the way, if you have a friend willing to waste his life, you could have him look for a rare map in a different party. When he finds one, you can join him. This should get you a rare map twice as fast. If you have five friends, that's all the better.

right but by checking those 3 you may have missed one...why do that to yourself?

ryvius
Sep 9, 2007, 08:14 AM
The left stairs map isn't that good to check.. differs at block 3 if I recall correctly, takes a lot longer to check. The remaining non-long room map takes a little longer too and I still haven't seen it. But yeah it's pretty annoying trying to get one map because PSU goes into "some maps are more equal than others mode" :/

Keep at it though.. First two Orgdus spawns I ever saw gave meseta and a goldania, and there were a LOT of resets between that and the next day (month later) that I tried. But that day fortune smiled upon me and I got a spawn within 5 restarts and got 2 HPC drops. Good things can happen, lol

SStrikerR
Sep 9, 2007, 05:58 PM
i hunter blackheart for god knows how long, got 16 darbelans, never got a BH.

i get impatient there, cuz the hive gets so boring after a while, so i said, aw screw this, and left.

Dirkster111
Sep 9, 2007, 09:52 PM
Two of the maps you'll know by the second map wether it's the rare map or not. When I hunted my HPC I would quit if I got the map with the stairs to left at the beginning. That map you don't know if it's the right one until the beginning of the 3rd map.

Aries2384
Sep 10, 2007, 11:38 PM
Ontop of everything else, even IF you get the correct rare map and kill the Orgdus, there is NO guarantee they will drop the HPC. Im sure people get it on their 1st or 2nd sighting.. but I've seen at least 20 good maps and killed 60 Orgdus's now and I have YET to see a HPC. It is not a High% drop like many make it out to be. But keep trucking, its a great way to get great drops and experience. Bring a friend, its fun.

Powder Keg
Sep 11, 2007, 11:13 AM
Haven't had the chance to play in a while, but the Relic edge and [B]Phantom Line count is at two each now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-09-11 09:13 ]</font>