PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band misses the mark?

amtalx
Sep 8, 2007, 08:02 PM
I saw the drum kit for Rock Band and I am disappointed there is no double bass. How are we supposed to play metal without double bass? Either the devs will have to do something really crafty, or the set list will just end up being lame. I'm sorry, but the only songs that are even mildly challenging in music games are metal.

Syl
Sep 8, 2007, 11:20 PM
True, I heard of some of the bands that are to be added, and some of their songs use double bass pedals. They might end up making a double bass pedal (think Iron Cobra) for it or something

Sekani
Sep 9, 2007, 03:49 AM
Playing with the guitar controller is nothing like playing a real guitar, so why are you expecting band-realistic drum action?

amtalx
Sep 9, 2007, 07:26 AM
Well yea, short of selling an actual guitar or drum kit its not going to be like playing an instrument, but I want a challenge. A single kick and four pads makes me feel like I'm going to breeze through this game. I've seen a couple vids of the drumming and it looks like ZZZZzzzz....

DizzyDi
Sep 9, 2007, 12:10 PM
Well not everyone playing the game will be a drum expert.

Kent
Sep 9, 2007, 12:55 PM
On 2007-09-09 01:49, Sekani wrote:
Playing with the guitar controller is nothing like playing a real guitar, so why are you expecting band-realistic drum action?

Well, the developers did say that after a few months of playing the drums on Hard/Expert, you'd be able to easily move to a real drum kit...

Oh yeah, and Free Bird was mildly challenging...

Split
Sep 9, 2007, 01:27 PM
yeah but freebird is not challenging at all in real life, nor are a lot of songs that are wicked hard on expert in ghII, so the game is still absolutely nothing like real guitar

amtalx
Sep 9, 2007, 02:16 PM
I don't even "really" play drums in really life. Everything I've learned is self taught. I've always just been like "hey can come over and break your stuff" to my friends with drum kits. Personally I just like machine-gunning double pedals. It would be cool if I could actually do it to music, haha.

PJ
Sep 10, 2007, 07:44 AM
On 2007-09-09 11:27, Split wrote:
yeah but freebird is not challenging at all in real life, nor are a lot of songs that are wicked hard on expert in ghII, so the game is still absolutely nothing like real guitar

My friend (Who plays Guitar) likes to say how much harder Guitar Hero is than a real guitar! But I can't play a real guitar for the life of me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif (And I've tried)