PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best with BOWS

Rett
Sep 9, 2007, 12:39 PM
I want to know what people think ?

Zorafim
Sep 9, 2007, 12:42 PM
Transers have terrible stats, techers have worse melee stats, wartechers are bad with ranged weapons.

Your path of destiny is clear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-09 10:44 ]</font>

Rashiid
Sep 9, 2007, 12:45 PM
this is between Guntech 10 and Protranser 10 ATP stats

Xaeris
Sep 9, 2007, 12:46 PM
Of the lot, guntechers have the second most ATP, the most ATA and the level 30 bullet cap that the one with the most ATP doesn't have. So yeah, them.

Rett
Sep 9, 2007, 12:47 PM
GT gets 94% atp 160% ata
WT gets 100% atp 80% ata
PT gets 80% atp 100% ata
FT gets 60% atp and 60% ata

So if you want to look at a stat point of view Guntecher has the best

Kylie
Sep 9, 2007, 12:48 PM
Guntecher for the LV30 cap and extra ATA.

Rashiid
Sep 9, 2007, 12:51 PM
well theres ur answer.

HFlowen
Sep 9, 2007, 12:52 PM
Pfft, guntechers only ever use a rifle.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-09-09 10:52 ]</font>

gryphonvii
Sep 9, 2007, 12:52 PM
if your going to use nothing but bows then GT but if you want to mix in melee go PT

xXNinjaXx
Sep 9, 2007, 12:58 PM
wow.
as a GT i barely EVER use a rifle
idk what your talking about

i mean i sold my phantom +9 that ive had for ages bc i dont use rifles at all as a GT

Esufer
Sep 9, 2007, 01:00 PM
Legolas.

guntechers.

Alamar
Sep 9, 2007, 01:38 PM
my beast transer does some good damage with a bow. have not shot side by side with a gt or wt so I cant say the difference but I do any where from 435 to 630 in damage each hit. No complaints here about that.

Hath_Wrobo
Sep 9, 2007, 01:44 PM
Don't forget the ability to buff http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rett
Sep 9, 2007, 01:47 PM
Umm your a beast and you do lots of Damage sorry if I do not seem surprised. Everything about beasts do more damage even the smell when they don't shower. Also if you were a beast Guntecher you would even more damage and have a crappy resta (beasts and casts arn't known for their superior healing abilities)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rett on 2007-09-09 11:50 ]</font>

HFlowen
Sep 9, 2007, 01:50 PM
Alright, how about we switch up the question and include the expansion?

Guntech and PT get 40 bullets and S rank bows.

What are the ATP and ATA modifiers at level 20?

Indica
Sep 9, 2007, 02:03 PM
Im not sure what Guntechers get LV wise, but Protranser and Fortetecher get LV30 bullets.

Cant pass up that SE4 and infect Jarba and large monsters

Rett
Sep 9, 2007, 02:48 PM
Umm Guntecher gets lvl 30 bullets also see we have GUN in our name we get cool bullets too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif plus being a Guntecher is all about the status effects

gryphonvii
Sep 9, 2007, 07:05 PM
also,you do have too keep in mind individual stats and races, cast vs humans vs beasts, as well as the bow. I only have a level 21 bullet and with my alteric (8) I'm doing 400+ dmg so stats aside, make sure to have good bows. I personally like alterics because they're cheap and easy.

Darkly
Sep 9, 2007, 07:30 PM
agreed gryphonvii, alterics are awesome, grinded to +9 or +10 there very powerful also.

HFlowen
Sep 9, 2007, 08:12 PM
I used an alteric for quite a long time. I had mine at +6 when they were first available, friggen awesome.

I use an Ulteri(10) now though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dragwind
Sep 9, 2007, 08:22 PM
Uhh, its Guntecher hands down. It's not that complicated nor hard to see. The only way any class could top it would be if fT has more atp, PT had more atp, or if WT had the same lvl bullets.

HFlowen
Sep 9, 2007, 08:24 PM
PT is supposed to go to 110% ATP, but I'm not sure what the other classes modifiers are supposed to be.

Rashiid
Sep 9, 2007, 08:49 PM
and were gettin S rank bows; shall pwn harder!

mvffin
Sep 9, 2007, 10:42 PM
not to mention GT can buff. and come AOI, GT will have level 31+ Buffs.

xXNinjaXx
Sep 9, 2007, 10:49 PM
um...no.
we WONT get lv 31+
idk what your smoking..but we only get up to lv 30 buffs.
which means the current fortetecher buffs

Lv31+ is for Fortetecher/Acrotecher at AOI

gryphonvii
Sep 9, 2007, 11:15 PM
one thing, i can't remember exactly as it was a while since I've been a protranser, but at level 10 don't protransers get higher critical percentages, seeing as a critical would be over 600 on a high level, I think I might go with protranser

xXNinjaXx
Sep 9, 2007, 11:18 PM
during firebreak as a lv 80
all of my criticals were over 700.
so far highest critical to date for me was 1123
and that was as a Lv 80/10 with alteric +10
and no arm units to boost ATP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xXNinjaXx on 2007-09-09 21:19 ]</font>

HaydenX
Sep 9, 2007, 11:21 PM
I never really used bows as a GT. I preferred rifles (I was saving for KS).

HFlowen
Sep 9, 2007, 11:22 PM
Guntech deal criticals 1.3x more often than normal.

Protransers deal 1.5x more often.

BlackHat
Sep 9, 2007, 11:41 PM
Holy crap WT can use bows!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

PT

All the way.

My personal favorite class to.

gryphonvii
Sep 9, 2007, 11:49 PM
I know, yeah the only reason I seem to be delaying leveling up WT on my human( ny jack-of-all-trades) character, is that I'll miss my bow. Right now I'm working on GT only because I missed using twin pistols and still wanted to use bows.

Alisha
Sep 10, 2007, 12:44 AM
currently i think its guntecher, but i think the line will become quite blurry when aoi comes out. pt is getting a nice atp boost as well as S-rank bows.

Urtri
Sep 10, 2007, 03:16 AM
Guntecher. Better ATA means less misses even less with Buffs, Fair amount of ATP backed up by buffs, Lvl 30 bullets for max ATP, ATA and element %'s and can use better bows at lower lvls. And since bows are mainly used by many people to inflict SE's the higher the bow the better (ATP with bows should only be considered in Boss figths)

Example with a Female Newman and a Hanmeteric (ATA requirment is 105) with all advance job types at lvl 1

As a Guntecher lowest lvl needed is 24
As a Protranser lowest lvl needed is 59 (Yikes)
As a Fortetecher lowest lvl needed is 57 (ouch)
As a Wartecher lowest lvl needed is 45 (yeesh)

Now with Advance job types at lvl 10

GT = 12, PT = 24, FT = 44, WT = 31

As you can see a Guntecher is the better Bow user for Mob work as their ATA is outstanding can use a highly accurate Bow very Early on (the Hanmeteric ATA is high than a Rikauteri a 11* bow and is very easy to find (well for me anyway 5 Hanmeterics from GOF S2 and counting)

Niloklives
Sep 10, 2007, 05:10 AM
Gts get the bullet levels, the ATA and the ATP. plus people have failed to mention that GTs have a better PP regen rate for bullets than any other bow user. so GT will be doing the most damage per hit, be hitting most often and get more shots out of one bow than anyone else. There is no other class to use if you're talking bow performance.

on the AoI note, GTs will be getting S rank bows and better buffs plus according to the beta a slight boost in power. so even with the power boost transers are getting, GT will still have the upper hand in atp and ata while having access to the same bows PT and FTs do, but once again getting far more out of each shot and more shots as well.

If you're looking for a class to get the most out of a bow...its GT or GTFO >_>

Hrith
Sep 10, 2007, 08:29 AM
In AoI, hybrid classes such as GT, will allegedly get an even better PP regen rate ;o

Also, I don't really see the point of SE4 weapons on the class specialized in traps ;s

Pillan
Sep 10, 2007, 08:51 AM
On 2007-09-10 03:10, NIloklives wrote:
on the AoI note, GTs will be getting S rank bows and better buffs plus according to the beta a slight boost in power. so even with the power boost transers are getting, GT will still have the upper hand in atp and ata while having access to the same bows PT and FTs do, but once again getting far more out of each shot and more shots as well.

I believe PT actually had 2% more ATP than GT in the AoI beta, but I'd say GT still wins in terms of damage/time just because they have 65% more base ATA.

chibiLegolas
Sep 10, 2007, 11:20 AM
On 2007-09-10 06:29, Hrith wrote:
Also, I don't really see the point of SE4 weapons on the class specialized in traps ;s

Oh, then you're forgetting that G traps only deal SE3 and not SE4. And IF EX traps deal SE4, I'd imagine you're limited by $, inventory slots, and can probably only carry x5 of each.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And I'd have to agree, GT's reign supreme when it comes to bows. Though personally, I favor my rifles more on my GT since it's got faster fire rate for sticking SE. But that's just personal preference.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibiLegolas on 2007-09-10 09:22 ]</font>

Feelmirath
Sep 10, 2007, 11:57 AM
When you're out of traps and in an "O SHI-" moment, you'll be glad you kept a bow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I personally prefer using a bow on bosses like Onmagoug over other (Protranser) ranged weapons too...

Wait why am I trying to justify bows again?

panzer_unit
Sep 10, 2007, 12:46 PM
In AoI, hybrid classes such as GT, will allegedly get an even better PP regen rate ;o

... you mean besides the fact that you can only carry 5 Burn G traps, and the rest of your DOT's have to be slow acting Virus or worse yet Poison?

If you're fine spending 500 bucks per DOT dealt, why not ignore the GT's PP refresh advantage too? Anyone can use Photon Charges, and they deal way more damage and more/better SE's than an equal amount of money spent on traps.

Hrith
Sep 10, 2007, 02:44 PM
Because longbow is the only weapon PT can use which deals SEs, obviously.

And if you do not spam traps on PT, what do you do? deal 50% Fortegunner damage all the time? so useful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Rett
Sep 10, 2007, 03:09 PM
(the Hanmeteric ATA is high than a Rikauteri a 11* bow and is very easy to find (well for me anyway 5 Hanmeterics from GOF S2 and counting)

Umm what are you talking about

Rikauteri
ATA: 401 -
ATP: 677

Hanmeteric
ATA: 340 -
ATP: 413

and the ata does not increase only the ATP does when you grind so .................. ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rett on 2007-09-10 13:10 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Sep 10, 2007, 03:43 PM
Oh right Hrith, I forgot about the version of PSU you play where SE3 is useless and all the stats are totally different! Here I was trying to talking sense to you for a moment. Silly me.

Looking at the version of the game that me and everyone else plays, PT can deal statuses with Handgun and Shotgun... for damage, I see that my PT's got 80%+ the ATP of a Fortegunner when using their most damaging weapon classes (lasers & grenades) Those aren't generally as strong or useful as the melee PA's they've got: Tornado Break, Dus Robado, Dus Daggas, Anga Durega etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-09-10 13:46 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-09-10 14:00 ]</font>

Niloklives
Sep 10, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-09-10 12:44, Hrith wrote:
Because longbow is the only weapon PT can use which deals SEs, obviously.

And if you do not spam traps on PT, what do you do? deal 50% Fortegunner damage all the time? so useful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

In what version of PSU do PTs not have access to pistols, shotguns, grenades and lasers?

Hrith
Sep 11, 2007, 11:37 AM
ugh, that was a sarcasm.

I know it's hard to get written sarcasms sometimes, but I thought the "obviously" and the fact that I said PTs should not really use bows gave it >_>

panzer_unit
Sep 11, 2007, 12:53 PM
Didn't seem like sarcasm considering how many of your posts are the same kind of crazy argument for real http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rett
Sep 11, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-09-11 10:53, panzer_unit wrote:
Didn't seem like sarcasm considering how many of your posts are the same kind of crazy argument for real http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

so Wait Hrith is being sarcastic ? hmmmm does this mean that in all his insane argumentative posts where he is obviously wrong (like my poor Guntecher debate thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) that he is in fact just being sarcastic and he doesn't think such crazy things like
Fortefighter has better ATA than Guntecher >_>

Guntecher has one of the lowest ATA in the game, dude.

Pillan
Sep 11, 2007, 03:22 PM
On 2007-09-11 11:39, Rett wrote:
so Wait Hrith is being sarcastic ? hmmmm does this mean that in all his insane argumentative posts where he is obviously wrong (like my poor Guntecher debate thread http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) that he is in fact just being sarcastic and he doesn't think such crazy things like
Fortefighter has better ATA than Guntecher >_>

Guntecher has one of the lowest ATA in the game, dude.

Actually, that one is true...

It's the difference between base ATA and real ATA. Real ATA being the Acc value with weapon and PA equipped, which is generally the lowest on GT and WT and about equal for everyone else. GT has the second highest base ATA, but the fact that no one uses guns without bullet arts kills that unless you're using a card or bow.

Rett
Sep 11, 2007, 04:52 PM
Yet bringing this back to bows, The ata stacks on each other. Hence why if you have a high base ata you see less zeros when you pull out your bow and shoot it. This is why arguable Guntecher is better with Bows since they have better ata than PT, WT, and FT

Niloklives
Sep 12, 2007, 06:04 AM
it certainly depends on weapons type and PA. if you're going to show a FFs greatest potential ata then you have to do the same for a GT...it's only fair.

Hrith
Sep 12, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-09-11 10:53, panzer_unit wrote:
Didn't seem like sarcasm considering how many of your posts are the same kind of crazy argument for real http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gifI have no clue why people think I'm a serious person. Oh well.

Soukosa
Sep 12, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-09-11 13:22, Pillan wrote:
It's the difference between base ATA and real ATA. Real ATA being the Acc value with weapon and PA equipped, which is generally the lowest on GT and WT and about equal for everyone else. GT has the second highest base ATA, but the fact that no one uses guns without bullet arts kills that unless you're using a card or bow.

Yep. Gunners is the biggest case where how much ATA you have is utterly important since bullets will rape your ATA even with it maxed out. PT has slightly more ATP but alot less ATA than GT. In the end, GT is gonna hit more often making the extra ATP moot.

Besides, PT is more about being the best with traps than weapons. Guess alot of people are around are too enamored with seeing all S for their weapon selection than what PTs were meant for >.>

On 2007-09-12 09:47, Hrith wrote:
I have no clue why people think I'm a serious person. Oh well.

Because most of your posts come out serious sounding if they aren't serious?

panzer_unit
Sep 12, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-09-12 12:47, Soukosa wrote:
Besides, PT is more about being the best with traps than weapons. Guess alot of people are around are too enamored with seeing all S for their weapon selection than what PTs were meant for >.>

Yeah but that's like getting a lump of coal for christmas. Fortegunners have The Easy Button and full trap selection too. If PT's were the only class with all the additional trap types that would be an advantage. Doing an extra 200 on top of an effect that does tens of thousands of damage... that's weak sauce.

On the other hand... we get dirt-cheap regular traps, ultra powerful EX traps in stacks of 10, almost-fortegunner ATP, and S rank weapons in AOI. So I'm not going to complain much about getting shafted in the short term.

Niloklives
Sep 12, 2007, 03:09 PM
yeah I'm with Panzer. Traps are nice, but as things are now, it's not their key point. they make up for low atp with versatility and weapon selection. the TRps just add to that versatility...it doesn't define the class.

panzer_unit
Sep 12, 2007, 03:20 PM
you know... the class wouldn't be worth calling it "pro" anything if there was just one Win Button we could hit. You have to mix range, melee, and traps effectively if you want to hold steady with your Fighgunner or Fortegunner buddies for effectiveness but it's possible IMO.

Niloklives
Sep 12, 2007, 03:46 PM
well you need to be able to adapt to various situations which i feel a PT is better at than anyone. Trapps certainly help...especially virus. it just perplexes me that so many PTs out there (the noob ones) think that all they're supposed to do as a PT is throw out traps and run away while every one else does all the work. even once they've reached say PT 7 or 8 and they have the HP to survive they're still running away and watching everyone else fight. setting G traps and setting them off thinking they've mastered the class.

panzer_unit
Sep 12, 2007, 04:07 PM
You can get a class to 10 faster than you can get a PA to 21 these days, I think. Never mind 30.

I probably posted this elsewhere, but when Hrith called Protransers on doing 50% Fortegunner damage I made some quick comparisons on Calculator and the results were pretty interesting. They don't just pull ahead of their counterpart's weaker suits on a technicality like SE level or PA move effectiveness, they will pull ahead of Fighgunner on handgun and Fortegunner on spears (if not sabers) for raw skill-based ATP numbers as well.

Niloklives
Sep 12, 2007, 08:15 PM
yeah the PA levels certainly are a huge advantage

Xaeris
Sep 12, 2007, 08:19 PM
I really should study this thread when I have some spare time and determine exactly how it is a thread featuring a question with such a ridiculously simple answer managed to go on this long.

biggabertha
Sep 12, 2007, 08:54 PM
Aside from Longbows, Protransers have SO much work for each of their PAs when you comapre them to the other classes that have regeneration bonuses and lower PP cost.

Guntechers will be better with Longbows almost all the time though, I'm sure. It's much better in their hands because Longbows to me, feel as if they're good for the short amount of time you have to fire a few volleys before something happens to the team and you have to switch your weapon. Same goes with a Protranser except it's our only long ranged, two handed weapon that can inflict a Status Effect while a Guntecher has the option to use a Rifle.

Ehh.. I suppose handguns could be a good debate to talk about. Who's the best with them eh? Who USES them at all these days other than soloing Fortegunners with Mayalee Hit, Protransers and Fortefighters who have nothing else, eh?

Niloklives
Sep 12, 2007, 09:29 PM
On 2007-09-12 18:19, Xaeris wrote:
I really should study this thread when I have some spare time and determine exactly how it is a thread featuring a question with such a ridiculously simple answer managed to go on this long.

its easy...look at the poll itself...theyre are crazy people with no sense trying to answer...WTs are better with longbows than GTs? that ends up bringing about small debates wheich get people on tangents that open up new discussions that no one makes a new thread over.

...easy

Rett
Sep 12, 2007, 09:50 PM
well Heck I am proud of my self I got what 25 posts at the moment and I started a thread that turned into a huge debate. I even got Hrith to respond when his nonsensical numbers. I just wanted to see how far just a simple question would go really