PDA

View Full Version : SPECIAL WEAPON

Storme
Dec 28, 2002, 08:01 PM
Whats this? I just killed two hildebears and both dropped this...
What do I do with it?

dude3282
Dec 28, 2002, 08:36 PM
Take it to a tekker in town, and you will get a RARE ITEM! All rare items are found in red boxes, so you can't miss em. I just found my first two rare weapons today while telepiping for rare rappies, an H&S25 Justice (Al Rappy) and a Twin Psychogun (Love Rappy). If you found those in Hard mode with that Purplenum Humar, you probably got a couple of MA60 Vise's. Purplenum is plagued with mechguns.

Storme
Dec 28, 2002, 08:55 PM
Ou... any HUmar weapons on my server (Read: Purplenum)?

dude3282
Dec 28, 2002, 09:14 PM
Mmm-hmm, try killing Hard Mode Gigoboomas for Blade Dances and Hard mode Dragon for a Musashi. (Blade Dance = Daggers (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=33), Musashi = Twin Sword (http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=273))

BTW I'm Purplenum, too, but I just barely beat DF offline single player. I was lvling up in Normal Ruins collecting Materials up until today.

G-Assassin
Dec 28, 2002, 10:47 PM
Grr... I'm a Redria, every time I get a SPECIAL WEAPON it turns out to be a slicer-type weapon or a DB's Saber. I need a Kaladbolg...

Storme
Dec 28, 2002, 11:08 PM
Dragon as in Forest Boss? I've cleared Forest Hard 4 times now... I want a double sword...

Blue-Hawk
Dec 29, 2002, 12:38 AM
On 2002-12-28 19:47, G-Assassin wrote:
Grr... I'm a Redria, every time I get a SPECIAL WEAPON it turns out to be a slicer-type weapon or a DB's Saber. I need a Kaladbolg...

thats because redria's secondary find is the slicer. i like slicers. personally, i only made my redria so i can find that spirit garment i have been searching for since i found my star amplifier in oran.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 29, 2002, 06:39 AM
LOL!!!!

Blue... not to get your hopes down or anything (as some people here have found it as a REDRIA), but so far I did about 70 Mountain runs and haven't even come across one SPIRIT GARMENT. In my case I need one so I can use Moola.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 29, 2002, 04:14 PM
On 2002-12-29 03:39, TeamPhalanx wrote:
LOL!!!!

Blue... not to get your hopes down or anything (as some people here have found it as a REDRIA), but so far I did about 70 Mountain runs and haven't even come across one SPIRIT GARMENT. In my case I need one so I can use Moola.

*plugs fingers in ears* lalala! i cant hear you! lalalala!

Driadyte
Dec 29, 2002, 10:26 PM
On 2002-12-28 21:38, blue-hawk wrote:

On 2002-12-28 19:47, G-Assassin wrote:

thats because redria's secondary find is the slicer. i like slicers. personally, i only made my redria so i can find that spirit garment i have been searching for since i found my star amplifier in oran.

Whaddya mean secondary find? All I get is Diskas of Liberator! I did actually find a Kaladbolg once, but I can't remember whether it was in my ID or not...

TeamPhalanx
Dec 29, 2002, 10:41 PM
Technically, REDRIA's primarily find is armor, followed by SLICERs (can find all 3 9*) and then SHOTGUNs (can find all 3 9*).

Seph5172
Dec 30, 2002, 08:42 AM
I wish there was an ID u could get by doing a certain quest that is able to get any item in the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

G-Assassin
Dec 30, 2002, 09:09 PM
Ah, no worries here. I found my Kaladbolg today on the second run in V.Hard Mines... and I took all my anger out on Vol Opt. See it might take a couple of runs to get what you want, that's my point. It might be annoying, but hey, its easy exp after you know your way around.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 30, 2002, 09:14 PM
Good news, blue-hawk. It took me around 75 or so mountain runs but I did manage to find a SPIRIT GARMENT.

I will never play V-Hard Mountains again.

G-Assassin
Dec 30, 2002, 09:25 PM
Phalanx, I got a question. My other character's a Whitill, what are the order of finding things with that ID?

Rolf_Landale
Dec 30, 2002, 09:36 PM
On 2002-12-30 18:25, G-Assassin wrote:
Phalanx, I got a question. My other character's a Whitill, what are the order of finding things with that ID?

I'm sorry to say but Whitill's main find is Slicers

TeamPhalanx
Dec 30, 2002, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking...

Finding stuff just comes down to dumb luck. I mean, I found a PLANTAIN FAN on my first time through hard Moutains, and I'm sure that there are REDRIA people out there who've found the SPIRIT GARMENT in less than 10 tries.

Oh, while it's not listed in the findings page, Zol Gibbon will drop METEOR SMASH for you there - Something that your RAmar would find to be useful. You can also find a FINAL IMPACT from a Sinow Zele in the CCA.

I can't believe you have the 2 ids that are ideal for slicers...

G-Assassin
Dec 30, 2002, 09:39 PM
Gah... *deposits piles of slicers* That doesn't really work with a RAmar character... although sniping gibbons and robots for rares sounds appealing. The whole ID thing was just luck of the draw, I name my characters whatever sound good to me and hope that I get good stuff in the process.
Hey when I get online I'll give you my Diska of Liberators and Slicer of Assassins, haha.
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: G-Assassin on 2002-12-30 18:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: G-Assassin on 2002-12-30 18:43 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Dec 30, 2002, 09:45 PM
Oh, I get it... You're asking about the type of weapons you can find the most with WHITILL...

There's a guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=452) on the site about section ids. It's fairly reliable for normal to v-hard, but things get whacky in Ultimate mode. WHITILL is a good HUnter id, though.

GandorDurin
Dec 30, 2002, 09:54 PM
On 2002-12-30 18:45, TeamPhalanx wrote:
WHITILL is a good HUnter id, though.

Ah, I love hearing that.

My ID's were random as well, apparently I got some good ones. Redria Pinkal Purplenum and Whitill.

I really want that flight cutter but I'm still having trouble finding that dang room in the Temple with 3 Hildelts...

VulpesMundi
Dec 31, 2002, 12:06 AM
Each ID has a primary and secondary weapon find that appear more commonly than other weapons. They also have one minority weapon type that is generally difficult to find. Below is a list covering only basic and common special weapons, as uncommon and rare items tend to be all over the place. Also note that all IDs have the same chance to find basic and common special saber-class, handgun-class, and cane-class weapons.

Bluefull...
Primary: partisan-class
Secondary: battle cane-class (ie. Rod)

Greennill...
Primary: rifle-class
Secondary: dagger-class

Oran...
Primary: dagger-class
Secondary: sword-class

Pinkal...
Primary: magical cane-class (ie. Wand)
Secondary: partisan-class

Purplenum...
Primary: mechgun-class
Secondary: dagger-class

Redria...
Primary: slicer-class
Secondary: shotgun-class
Minority: dagger-class

Skyly...
Primary: sword-class
Secondary: rifle-class
Minority: mechgun-class

Viridia...
Primary: shotgun-class
Secondary: partisan-class

Whitill...
Primary: slicer-class
Secondary: mechgun-class

Yellowboze...
As far as I know Yellowboze finds a little bit of everything. No real primary or minority items.

*I don't know too many of the minorities at this time, so a lot of them are missing.

dude3282
Dec 31, 2002, 05:28 AM
I just made a Section ID calculator in Visual Basic that tells you all this. I'm going to try and get it up on the internet so people can download it.

Ghaleon
Dec 31, 2002, 12:32 PM
hehehe i like my skyly. find some good stuff for my hucast

Devil_Chao
Dec 31, 2002, 01:13 PM
I've been playing Pso for a long time now. somewere near 200 hours or somthin. but I still havent found a rare Item. Maby being a greenill isen't very cool. SO? What are the chances of me getting a rare item? And wich one should I work my A$$ off for? A little help please?

Whatley
Dec 31, 2002, 01:28 PM
Rifles are a minority for Viridia. I haven't found one 9 star rifle with this ID.

G-Assassin
Dec 31, 2002, 02:02 PM
Come to think of it I also seem to get a lot of shotgun rares as well, like the Meteor Smash.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: G-Assassin on 2002-12-31 12:14 ]</font>