PDA

View Full Version : Protranser Leveling Tips?

Kismet
Sep 11, 2007, 05:37 PM
I know many a way to lvl in groups (just spam S missions), but any tips on lvling solo? I'm a lvl 49 female human, and I just changed to PT. =x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kismet on 2007-09-11 15:41 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Sep 11, 2007, 05:39 PM
Well, you better get PT up before anything. PT can be murder on your HP and ATP at lower levels.

Kismet
Sep 11, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-09-11 15:39, chuck_norris wrote:
Well, you better get PT up before anything. PT can be murder on your HP and ATP at lower levels.

Well I already know that much. XD I'm talking about what I should do once PT is maxed.

Rayokarna
Sep 11, 2007, 05:55 PM
On 2007-09-11 15:43, Kismet wrote:

On 2007-09-11 15:39, chuck_norris wrote:

Well I already know that much. XD I'm talking about what I should do once PT is maxed.

Practise balencing ur range with ur close quater combat. Find the fighting style that suites you and keeps u safe. A well Protranser that knows what there doing is a good one reguardles of race or lvl.

Kion
Sep 12, 2007, 01:21 AM
I'm still in the low levels of PT on my alt as well, but i'll pass on Panzer_unit's advice: stick to ranged weapons. PT gets great boosts to ATA before it gets any decent ATP. Stick to being a gunner and out of harms way. That will give you time to level bullets and slowly move towards using more melee in higher class levels.

panzer_unit
Sep 12, 2007, 08:32 AM
Once your class level maxes? Protranser can go pretty much anywhere. No problems with flyers, no problems with dangerous melee opponents, no problems with dangerous ranged opponents, no problems with large monsters.

Actually, missions with a good mix of all the above are best for PT since you're not going to lean on any of your weapons or supplies too heavily... most of Mot and Neu are like that IMO. You'll want some good levels on fire and dark bullets (bow, sometimes handgun's better) in order to support yourself for DOT's and clear the mission at a good pace.

Shishi-O
Sep 12, 2007, 07:40 PM
i amm lvling my fave skillz and bullets to 30

DarkEliteRico
Sep 13, 2007, 07:11 PM
Get a nice balance between your weapons. Bows will always and forever be invaluable to you for the SE's, Shotties for damage and SE's, you're weapon skills to keep things at bay.

Other advice i have is to learn the best situation to use specific traps, why waste a G trap on a single Jarba or another large mob when you can easily drop one or two regular traps to pull a very similar effect for half the cost.

IsoDonk
Sep 14, 2007, 03:04 AM
Slightly OT but a tip all the same I guess - I'm just in the early stages of levelling a Protranser (still lv9 Ranger (1) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) but was just wondering about traps - will a G trap affect more than one enemy? As in, does it have a 'blast radius' like a 'Ra-' tech or is it strictly one enemy only?

And while we're on the subject, what about regular traps?

CelestialBlade
Sep 14, 2007, 06:02 AM
OP: Level 49? Give Holy Grounds S a shot. At that level you might want to bring an NPC along, though.

IsoDonk: Yes, G-traps affect a radius. Not sure about regular traps.

OldCoot
Sep 14, 2007, 11:19 AM
For my PT, I use bows often. Love those level 4 status effects at level 21+.

I also stick to axes, grenade launchers, and once my charcacter got to around level 50, I started to use shotguns. Sabers using Rising Strike is also a big benefit.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 14, 2007, 07:17 PM
On 2007-09-14 01:04, IsoDonk wrote:
Slightly OT but a tip all the same I guess - I'm just in the early stages of levelling a Protranser (still lv9 Ranger (1) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ) but was just wondering about traps - will a G trap affect more than one enemy? As in, does it have a 'blast radius' like a 'Ra-' tech or is it strictly one enemy only?

And while we're on the subject, what about regular traps?

G-traps will have a blast radius that will get multiple mobs and they seem to have a slightly longer lasting SE (not exactally sure on that one though). Regular traps are good for large mobs that move slow since they only effect one monster. The EX traps that are coming out for AoI will make protransers even nicer IMO.

IsoDonk
Sep 15, 2007, 04:28 AM
Thanks all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

soolayah
Sep 15, 2007, 06:07 AM
G-traps can affect up to 4 enemies, as well as multiple hitboxes, and have SE3. Regular traps affect one enemy only, and are SE1.

gryphonvii
Sep 16, 2007, 12:14 AM
on my PT I usually stick to spears and axes for melee( I would murder to use a dagger) and also for close quarters I use a shottie with a lightning bullet, for range I go with a bow with either an ice or a dark shot depending on the situation. If your a low level PT I would try and get a grinded alteric because it simply one of the best bows that does not require a high ata