PDA

View Full Version : So how was your 2002?

Dabra
Dec 28, 2002, 10:30 PM
The year is ending, and another one is about to start. I have a feeling it will rock!

Anyway, what happened in your life in 2002? Anything major? Aunt died? Broke a leg? Avoided death? Spent a million dollars on games? Anything else you'd like to share? Everything goes!

Me? Nothing much. Moved out from my appartment to some awkward house shaped like a 'U', where the 2 front doors are the ends of that 'U'. Other than that i got a cute Dog named Whisky, mixture of a Lhasa and a Yorshire. It was also the year which i turned 15! I used to tell everyone on PSO a couple years back that I was 15, when in reality i was like erm...12-13? Bleh, it's good to be 15. Also that same year i owned every Next-gen system there was, and when i went Cookoo on games. Bought PS2/15 games, sold it, bought XBOX/5games, sold it, bought Gamecube/5games, didn't sell, but got (once more), a PS2/14games (7 of which are PSX games). It's not that much spent if you calculate the ammount I sold and etc. It sums up to about 2000$ or so. Not counting my GBA and 7 games, my PC upgrade, and PC games. Well bottom line, I am crazy. No shit i'm so anti-social. Can't even find time to play games as it is.

Anyway screw me, what about you? Just share it here, your favorite 2002 experiences!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dabra on 2002-12-28 21:39 ]</font>

Kayumi
Dec 28, 2002, 11:04 PM
In 2002:

I worked for a major bookstore in the summer (fun fun fun, even if the pay wasn't the best for the fulltimers who were trying to pay the bills instead of working for spending cash, like me). My grandmother died in early May, as well, a few days after I started the job, and I still miss her.

I turned 21.

I bought a Gamecube, which is the first time I've ever owned a Nintendo system, the first time I've ever owned a system which is not dead or dying, and the second console I've ever actually owned on my own.

I dyed my hair blue.

I got people evicted. I started taking antidepressants.

My family moved to a smaller house this summer, too. I've got a much smaller room than I used to, but that's okay 'cause 8 months of the year I'm not even here.

Lotsa other stuff.

ABDUR101
Dec 28, 2002, 11:41 PM
Gained four other job titles with my current company in this past year, giving me five total.

Started working at multiple facilities. Gamecube, X-box, broadband, radio shows, computer upgrades, and the biggest thing of all, making so many friends online. It might sound lame as hell, but I don't get out much aside from work, and it's always nice to have friends you can honestly talk to.

I can only wish for a year that will follow in this one's footsteps, good with the bad.

CajunSamurai
Dec 29, 2002, 12:25 AM
2002 was very much a mixed bag for me...

Most of the beginning of the year ranged from average to very depressing... I don't even remember very much of early 2002, but it wasn't so swell until April, when things really started to pick up. First, I got a pretty nice computer which I've upgraded a bit since; it's a pretty respectable gaming PC now.
Everything was pretty good until late summer/early fall, when I began college... and basically quit after the first two days. Long story, but it REALLY did not work out.
I was really depressed for the next week or two, but once again things started looking up again. I had basically planned on starting college again in the spring, so things could've been much worse. Part of why I was so down was because I had worked so damn hard to get into college in the first place, so it was pretty devestating. Presently, I'm still trying to decide if I WANT to start college again. That's another topic altogether, but I'll make up my mind soon.

Anyway, it's had its ups and downs, for sure... I've learned a hell of a lot about myself and others, and I think I've managed to become a bit of a stronger person throughout the year.
2003 is gonna be a much better year for me though, I'm sure of that. What it'll consist of, I have no idea yet... But I'm gonna make sure that my 19th damn year is a very successful one.
A little less PSO might be a good start. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nerd.gif

While I'm at it, a few New Years resolutions:
-Take up DJing, no matter what the cost. It'll be a huge investment, but it's been something I wanted to do for the past few years, ever since I became interested in dance music and electronic music culture. I've experimented with producing my own music with a little success, but I think I'd be better off, for the time being, with mixing rather than full-out production.
-Becoming a little more social wouldn't hurt, either. No, that's not right, actually... I AM social to a certain extent, but only when I'm around people I know. More like... I need to get out more often. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bored.gif It's been a while since I've had any REAL social interaction, and way too long since I've met any lovely ladies. Chicks dig long hair, I'm tellin' ya. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Hmm... I have some more resolutions, but nothing else I'd wanna share for now. Mostly personal stuff that would take too long to explain. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Here's to a damn fine 2003, peoples! WHOOMP!

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 29, 2002, 12:28 AM
I wasted it waiting for Diablo II patch =^_^=

Siegfried
Dec 29, 2002, 01:08 AM
Hmm... this year was quite a year. I'll list events (in no particular order):

Lady Stinky-pants Poopy-klutz Magee III, Esq. had kittens (kept two: Danger Kitty and Poo Bottom)

Got a job at an arcade and amusement park

Got laid off till 2003.

Got m first girlfriend.

Broke up with my first girlfriend.

Made another girlfriend.

Grandmother died.

Uncle got married.

Uncle and new aunt had a baby.

Both brothers are away for college.

Picked up PSO Ep. 1&2 for 50 bux at GameStop.

Got GCN for 120 bux at work in an installment plan.

Learned what a "supergasm" was. (Note: It's the comparison of an orgasm scale 3 to orgasm scale 10)

Re-joined up with two forum boards I was once members to. (Londes.com and pso-world)

I too, don't get out much, what with school, being online, PSO, and having no friends in my neighborhood cause they're all little pricks.

Get all that? I wouldn't strain too hard reading it, you might create a picture of me in your mind, and, arguably, that could be a good or a bad thing.

:unknown smiley:

PhoenixStryker
Dec 29, 2002, 01:38 AM
Quit my job in January cuz' we got a new manager and owner and they're both assholes and I haven't had a job since then so I'm kinda sad.

Cousin got married.

Started playing paintball.

Got a 6 week old jack russel terrier(purebred w00+)

Failed 4 out of 8 classes at skool http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif .

Got my drivers license revoked.

Rid myself of the addiction that is Counter-Strike.

Got to shoot an SKS, a .380 auto, and a Springfield 03'

Caught an 18 lb. striper at lake heartwell in Georgia.

Thats about it. In 2003 I plan on getting a job, a bowflex, my drivers license back, and my dads 96' Ford Thunderbird which I will supe up with a 4.6L v8, ground effects, straight pipes, flow masters, 60 series tires, and a cd player =D

pixelate
Dec 29, 2002, 03:29 AM
Finished first year of college.

Took summer courses.

Started second year of college

Finished first semester of second year of college.

Got in the college art show.

And a bunch of other personal things I'll spare everyone from. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_shy.gif

IceBlink
Dec 29, 2002, 04:50 AM
Hmmm.

Friend died near start of year.

Learnt another friend died last year, but only heard of it in Feb.

Uncle died.

Person who I looked up to as a grandfather died.

Lost addiction to PSO on DC.

Computer finally broke after six years of non-repair

Attended a lesbian wedding (don't ask)

Um... got addicted to Diablo2, and managed to con everyone into believing I was a expert player after two weeks

Finally got new computer

Friend died in hospital

Signed up for art course this year

Got broadband

Semi-attached to Ultima Online: Blackthorn's Revenge, but no addiction

Got fanart groove back, redeveloped style three times

Brought Gamecube on a whim (I can't believe I just walked into a store, pulled out a credit card and brought it. XD )

Some other stuff

o_O

Ness
Dec 29, 2002, 10:53 AM
Great Grandfather died.

Great Granfather dies again.

Great Aunt dies.

Started Weightlifting.

Surpassed my dad in strength.

Got PSO ep. 1 and 2 at Gamestop.

Got an Xbox for Christmas.

Got addicted to Morrowind.