PDA

View Full Version : does anyone else have this problem?

Alisha
Sep 12, 2007, 12:40 PM
does anyone else have this problem?

if my mind perceives something to be to easy i wont use it. two great examples of this are spear/dus daggas and x-bows. i tend to prefer swords and shotguns because they require more thought to use. you actually have to think about things like spacing and distance.

to me spears and x-bowas are this

http://darkalisha.homestead.com/files/easybutton.jpg

panzer_unit
Sep 12, 2007, 01:21 PM
I leveled all my most useful PA's to 30 and then didn't use them again until I had the other attack for those weapon classes at 30 as well. That's sort of close.

I actually don't like Dus Daggas. It's too hard to connect for full hits from any move against small targets, and it can be hard to line up right against a large monster to connect with full hits from all moves... especially as they're turning about and smacking with tails etc. I prefer Bootin' Suren-zan or Gravity Strike... they're a faster way of getting that huge 3x4 hit attack out there.

Niloklives
Sep 12, 2007, 02:01 PM
I'm for efficiency over anything else. Dus daggas is fast, hard to interrupt and high DPS. its efficient so I use it. for me I can make every hit connect no problem. so I dunno.

For me thare's only useful and worthless. Why handicap yourself on purpose? Shotguns are not handicaps though. shotguns while they cut your mobility have higher potential DPS than xbow DPS. Swords on the other hand are clumsy and less effective that spears so I never use those with the exception of when I play PT because tornado break costs a lot less to use than robado.

Zorafim
Sep 12, 2007, 02:06 PM
I use everything I have available to me. Once I cap my fF weapons (all PAs above 28, score), I'm going to fF usable FG weapons (you know, I've never used sabers before). Once I learn everything about a PA, I use it when it's most efficient. For example, did you know that Spinning Break can stun lock a single medium sized enemy?

Niloklives
Sep 12, 2007, 02:11 PM
did you know the really good PAs to use have no need for stun locking mid sized enemies?

CelestialBlade
Sep 12, 2007, 02:13 PM
If it works, I use it.

Crossbows work.

MSAksion
Sep 12, 2007, 02:34 PM
Shotgun. You run up stick the shottie in its behind and blast. 5 hits times 300+ damage @ level 2 status enemy infected and a lot of pain in ONE shot. That's EASY.

Broadsword. Hits 3 3 and 3 for 9 hits without a PA! Its a little slow but it hits an entire squad in a wide arc swing. That's EASY.

The same could be said about anything. Anything can be EASY if its leveled up. But that's the point. On S2 missions those Vahra will devour anyone's HP when they gang-rape you with their constant hopping attacks.

Lob the diga if there's Lightning Vahra or Pollovahra around. Spam the Damubarta when a squad of Badira start rushing in. Use that Tornado Dance when you're being surrounded - who cares if the ranger missed two shots due to scattering - if they're rolling they're not clawing the Team Force XD

But you're right - If you don't like something dont use it. Just dont tell others they're pathetic for using it, that its too easy, or its annoying.

The computer doesn't Hold back and neither should a player. Use everything and anything in your personal arsenal to get the job done quick as possible. Or dont.

Blame Sega for making Damubarta NOT-see through or making Tornado dance so effective at scattering. Elitists XD

Soukosa
Sep 12, 2007, 02:37 PM
Dus Daggas has a narrow area in which it'll hit things and also shoves you into the middle of the mob.

Crossbows were meant as mobile SE weapons for inflicting mobs. Shotguns not only do more damage when used as a point blank weapon but have more PP and their bullets consume less PP per shot.

Tuxedose
Sep 12, 2007, 02:41 PM
I use what id fun for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Right now its Double Sabers
and Twin Swords. Those are the weaps my Character is made for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tuxedose on 2007-09-12 12:42 ]</font>

drizzle
Sep 12, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-09-12 10:40, Alisha wrote:
http://darkalisha.homestead.com/files/easybutton.jpg

Push it. You know you want to.

panzer_unit
Sep 12, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-09-12 12:34, MSAksion wrote:
Broadsword. Hits 3 3 and 3 for 9 hits without a PA! Its a little slow but it hits an entire squad in a wide arc swing. That's EASY.

... as a Ff I hit 3 targets for ~400 each on a normal sword swing. Even supposing you only get 2 swings per full combo from anything else, that's at least coming up even just on number of hits. Knuckles are the other really good weapon for basic attacks, if you work the timing right you can spam the double-hit first attack very rapidly.

Niloklives
Sep 12, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-09-12 12:37, Soukosa wrote:
Dus Daggas has a narrow area in which it'll hit things and also shoves you into the middle of the mob.

Crossbows were meant as mobile SE weapons for inflicting mobs. Shotguns not only do more damage when used as a point blank weapon but have more PP and their bullets consume less PP per shot.

where did you get all that from?

Dus daggas only does that if you aim for the center of a mob. circle a bit and pick up two of the stragglers in the pack. hit your PA get your damage in while even possibly aiming for a 3rd in the last hit. you'll be safe the entire time, and the enemies will all fly in the same direction if they haven't died so you can easily do it again,

shotguns have a lower rate of fire making their DPS generally about the same as an xbows unlees you're getting the splash damage in. and shotguns cost more to use. and xbow at lvl 21 costs 12 to use as a GT and 9 as a Fortegunner(FG). shotguns at 21 cost 12on a FG. I don't use them as a GT and I haven't played PT in a while...but seeing as how it's notmally a 20-25% discount on a FG I'd venture a guess and say it costs 15-16 on a GT or PT...that's not less consumption by an stretch. pluss with the lack of mobility, shotguns make you more vulnerable to attack and force you to reposition as a result cutting your DPS further. its a great weapon, but don't make it out to be a superior choice when looking at a high dps gun. it's an alternative but the DPS is it's main selling point. that's it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-09-12 13:06 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Sep 12, 2007, 03:09 PM
Actually, it's all true. Shotguns do more damage PER ATTACK (5 bullets vs 3), cost less PER BULLET (3/ instead of 4/ like crossbow), and have more PP. If they've got a purpose, it's as a workhorse "I need to shoot lots but save on photon charges" weapon. Especially useful for soloing if you can block the hits.

Barada Chamga, when we get it, will fix all their problems with dealing damage... admittedly at the cost of having every monster in the room rush you.
The SE buff will make 'em competitive SE weapons for regular monsters with Crossbows, what they lack in chance of statusing with each bullet they'll make up in number of hits for point-blanking, or reach and coverage if you're just spraying a room. Even now in robot missions or against minimum-stamina enemies, I'll just plant myself sort of close to a bunch of bots and start firing. Within a couple shots most are confused / shock / infected. Being able to do that to a herd of running Ollaka would be sweet.

Niloklives
Sep 12, 2007, 03:16 PM
"per shot" as in per pull of the trigger not per buller or per hit. I'm not disputing shotgun pp efficiency, but the lack of mobility and slower rate of fire kinda offsets that. shotguns I reccomend for lower ranked missions or for larger paries when you can stand back a little bit and let the monsters be distracted by the meat shields...er...hunters

Xaeris
Sep 12, 2007, 04:24 PM
I have that problem, but in a different way. I can't bring myself to use a weapon type that I feel doesn't fit into my image of the character I'm playing. My fortefighter won't use twin daggers ("daggers are for little girls"), my fortegunner opts for shotguns over crossbows ("it's forte*gunner*, not forte*archer*") and lastly, probably the most grievous, my wartecher doesn't touch spears ("they're the weapons of jobbers; no one cool ever used a spear").

To me, the game isn't found in trying to overcome whatever meager challenges it offers, but in creating a likable character. So, I just can't see the point in throwing together a mishmash of weapons with no cohesive theme when the game itself puts no pressure on you to do so, like, say, FFXI.

biggabertha
Sep 12, 2007, 08:43 PM
I love both shotguns and crossbows. I've never used crossbows though so I genuinely have no idea how amazing they can be but damn, having a mini shotgun while on the move sounds amazing! Until I heard that each bullet can only hit one target. Then my love for Crossbows got waaaay off-set by shotgun's amazing ability to hit so many targets.

Poor Guntechers, they'll never get to use a Shigga Desta, it's so subjective but I sure as hell prefer the looks of a Shigga Desta over ANY other crossbow for looks. Even that one with the huge fire/nova type bullets from the 11* Crossbow or whatever. Still, aren't weapons with massive damage outputs almost always have some sort of drawback to them? Fast but weak weapons compared to slow but powerful etc.?

People preferring to use some weapons over others is fantastic for diversity and means that you won't see everyone use the same weapon everytime you see a particular class. Heh, also, isn't it odd how there are so many opinions on diversity PAs to use in different situations? So what if I like to use Spinning Break on this and this monster when Dus Daggas is probably better for killing it, I get to do somersaults on Spinning Break while holding onto a weapon that looks so much better (albeit, dealing a ton less damage being a Crea weapon) than the majority of the two handed weapons currently released.

Sometimes though, I want an easy button for getting through missions like when I'm tired and need to go to sleep.