PDA

View Full Version : the gimping of elemental percentages

Shishi-O
Sep 12, 2007, 07:14 PM
i am of the opinion that 50% weps are harder to come by than S-rank weps, so being i am also of the opinion that, gimping of the %/ retooling that ST is doing is completely unfair.

discuss

McLaughlin
Sep 12, 2007, 07:34 PM
They aren't gimping the percentages. At least, that's not how I understood their stance.

Shishi-O
Sep 12, 2007, 07:35 PM
please explain

Mayu
Sep 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
Rebalanced isn't truly gimping -.-

For all we know they can be making it better and have everyone else bitch more <.<

Xaeris
Sep 12, 2007, 07:40 PM
The paragraph got a little lost in translation, but the general consensus seems to be that the equation for dealing damage is being reworked so that the portion involving the element bonus puts more emphasis on the weapon's ATP over the character's base ATP as opposed to the way we have it now, which gives both equal weight.

So ultimately, yes, element % is getting smacked with the nerf bat.

McLaughlin
Sep 12, 2007, 07:41 PM
The way I understood it, they're unhappy with the lackluster effect high percentage weapons have as the base ATP of the player increases. When they say they're rebalancing it, I assume they're reworking the formula so that they don't lose their potency as the player gains strength.

But that's just my interpretation.

SStrikerR
Sep 12, 2007, 07:41 PM
doesnt matter, if you hate what st does dont pay and play the game.
i bet you'll still play, so no point getting pissed, its not gonna change a thing.

PJ
Sep 12, 2007, 07:42 PM
On 2007-09-12 17:38, Mayu wrote:
For all we know they can be making it better and have everyone else bitch more <.<

So... we already know that's NOT what they're doing.

Mayu
Sep 12, 2007, 07:43 PM
And if they did ;P?

bitch more sheesh -.-

HFlowen
Sep 12, 2007, 07:45 PM
On 2007-09-12 17:40, Xaeris wrote:
The paragraph got a little lost in translation, but the general consensus seems to be that the equation for dealing damage is being reworked so that the portion involving the element bonus puts more emphasis on the weapon's ATP over the character's base ATP as opposed to the way we have it now, which gives both equal weight.

So ultimately, yes, element % is getting smacked with the nerf bat.

I've heard this too. So it's based on the weapon rather than the player. Seems to me that this kind of equals out the racial damage differences.

BanF
Sep 12, 2007, 07:48 PM
Furthermore, it makes rares even more valuable and useful, as it should be. Too bad they're not going to be as rare as they are now.

I'm totally fine with this change.

HFlowen
Sep 12, 2007, 07:50 PM
On 2007-09-12 17:48, BanF wrote:
Furthermore, it makes rares even more valuable and useful, as it should be. Too bad they're not going to be as rare as they are now.

I'm totally fine with this change.

Same.

Dragwind
Sep 12, 2007, 07:52 PM
I, personally, am glad they're making this change. Makes a bit more sense imo.

Mayu
Sep 12, 2007, 07:53 PM
~It will make my low % S ranks more useful yay!

Other then that not going to cry or anything lol

If it's that bad I'll play my ft <.< http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mayu on 2007-09-12 17:53 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 12, 2007, 07:58 PM
I want 50% weapons to be easier to come by, and I want a 10% x* weapon to be stronger than a 50% (x-1)* weapon. However, I want it possible for grinders to compinsate for lower stars of weapons, so that a player can hold on to a weapon that he may like.

Shishi-O
Sep 12, 2007, 08:01 PM
On 2007-09-12 17:53, Mayu wrote:

If it's that bad I'll play my ft <.< http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

it will make your low % s-rank even less useful.

sorry, s-ranx dont out shine 9* for damage that a good grind couldn't out pace.

making them even more worthless...except carraguine rucar( only wep anywhere i would buy neutral.

Shishi-O
Sep 12, 2007, 08:08 PM
On 2007-09-12 17:58, Zorafim wrote:
I want 50% weapons to be easier to come by, and I want a 10% x* weapon to be stronger than a 50% (x-1)* weapon. However, I want it possible for grinders to compinsate for lower stars of weapons, so that a player can hold on to a weapon that he may like.

that would have to do with a weps base stats, u can thank ST for tha fuck up.

in my opinion an s-rank 10* should be 10 grind lvls above a 7*

and as we all know carraguine rucar is about that to a dble sbr, 'cept it gets gimped in acc.

but a 12* ragan ragan is also at that lvl exactly, WTF?! as a (+10) double saber!!

an s-rank should be (+5)of the previous rank

and acc. should be able to grind up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-09-12 18:15 ]</font>

Syl
Sep 12, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-09-12 18:01, Shishi-O wrote:

making them even more worthless...except carraguine rucar( only wep anywhere i would buy neutral.

That's not exactly what she is saying. The gap between a low % and high % weapon's damage wont be as drastic as it is now, thus making low % weapons not as useless.

Comprende?

Mayu
Sep 12, 2007, 08:16 PM
Exactly

Rashiid
Sep 12, 2007, 08:17 PM
yay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shishi-O
Sep 12, 2007, 08:18 PM
On 2007-09-12 18:15, SylviaEspada wrote:

On 2007-09-12 18:01, Shishi-O wrote:

That's not exactly what she is saying. The gap between a low % and high % weapon's damage wont be as drastic as it is now, thus making low % weapons not as useless.

Comprende?

math is constant imuteable by opinion, her s-rank will become less usefull.

u drop the usefullness of all %, hers will suffer also, and the damage modifyier will also be the same in comparisson to what it was before= they both get gimped.

biggabertha
Sep 12, 2007, 08:21 PM
Elemental percentages beiing tied to the weapon? Yes! That means Axes, swords and spears will reign supreme and having a 50% weapon of one of those three types will make you look like you've had spinach for weeks! Can anyone else imagine the devastation caused by a Status Effect Lv. 4 Shifta and Zodial, Male Beast Fortefighter at job level 30 clutching a 50% opposite element 15* Axe ground to (10) with Anga Jabroga on a Status Effect Lv. 4 Zalured and Zoldeeled enemy that has five seperate hit points?

Ehhh.. Probably the same amount of damage a Fortefighter with Dus Daggas and a 50% weapon with current damage calculations can do actually....

MSAksion
Sep 12, 2007, 08:22 PM
I don't have anything over 30%. My Alts 3* twin buster swords have come out all 10-18% Light with only one failure. Statistic show that at least one of the 4 successful synths should have been at least over 30%

In fact in my entire synthing career i have NEVER synthed anything over 30% meaning it must be insane luck that sega decides to bless one with 50% over someone who's synthed for the past half year and has nothing of significane.

I am glad that they are nerfing the element percentages. Maybe 30% will be the new Max.

Syl
Sep 12, 2007, 08:26 PM

lol you obviously do not understand the way % will work. If you have less ATP for the % to affect, sure her stuff suffers as well. BUT, the uber damage you get from the 50% will get drastically lowered because you are dealing with %'s. Both parties suffer, but the 50% will lose out on muuuuuuuuch more atp.

Your trying to make low %'s look bad but in reality, low %'s are really getting a boost because they will be more of value due to 50%'s losing out on a lot of damage.

The damage gap won't be significant as it is now (kind of like a 10% does 200 damage while a 50% does 700+).

perfectminute
Sep 12, 2007, 08:27 PM
If thye are maing elemts damge rely more on weapon atp, that means my low rank 50% wont be good anymore... <.<

Shishi-O
Sep 12, 2007, 08:33 PM
On 2007-09-12 18:22, MSAksion wrote:
I don't have anything over 30%. My Alts 3* twin buster swords have come out all 10-18% Light with only one failure. Statistic show that at least one of the 4 successful synths should have been at least over 30%

In fact in my entire synthing career i have NEVER synthed anything over 30% meaning it must be insane luck that sega decides to bless one with 50% over someone who's synthed for the past half year and has nothing of significane.

I am glad that they are nerfing the element percentages. Maybe 30% will be the new Max.

dear god in heaven,....blasphemer.

it is already insanely hard to get 50%, as you admitted.

it is easier to get an s-rank

i have been synthing my ass off also, u know the millions of meseta in failures that occur, how much have you spent?? i know it's more than any 5 s-ranks out there trying to get a 50%

i will accept the gimp if i1 out of 10 gives you a 50% nightwalker, not the hundreds i have made and failed.

you guys act like we can just buy them from anyone and work up the pa...no.

u cant find them anywhere, i can buy 10 deathmakers at (+10) and work up the pa.

can u even find a 50% nightwalker??

Shishi-O
Sep 12, 2007, 08:40 PM
On 2007-09-12 18:26, SylviaEspada wrote:

lol you obviously do not understand the way % will work. If you have less ATP for the % to affect, sure her stuff suffers as well. BUT, the uber damage you get from the 50% will get drastically lowered because you are dealing with %'s. Both parties suffer, but the 50% will lose out on muuuuuuuuch more atp.

Your trying to make low %'s look bad but in reality, low %'s are really getting a boost because they will be more of value due to 50%'s losing out on a lot of damage.

The damage gap won't be significant as it is now (kind of like a 10% does 200 damage while a 50% does 700+).

math is math u said sure it would, i'm glad u see my point.

as for the rest of you post just illustrates how worthless a low% s-rank would be, i for one would not even entertain the thought of buying one if i could just buy a nightwalker and grind for base atp increase seeing as how atp matters more now. a neutral nightwalker/ any 9* @(+10) beats out all s-ranks.

and seeing how % dont matter anymore and aren't all that rare/ special i can grind and break and remake and grind till i get what i want.

thank you for illustrating that.

so her low % s-rank becomes laughable.

Rashiid
Sep 12, 2007, 08:48 PM
i say its easier getting a 50% weapon.

you can always buy shitloads of boards; you must HUNT UR ASS OFF for an S rank; and thats just one.

im all for this nerf.

Zorafim
Sep 12, 2007, 08:56 PM
I'm sorry, I just finished studying calculus, so my brain is fried. What in God's name is the topic creator saying? I can understand a word he typed.

Mayu
Sep 12, 2007, 08:57 PM
Low %s will still suck and high % will suck to

I think

Shishi-O
Sep 12, 2007, 08:57 PM
no prob i grind 9*, no point in s-ranks now. since they all might as well be neutral its like having wand or gun.

noobs'll be goofing on s-ranks wit thier low % (+10 )weps

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 12, 2007, 08:58 PM
I don't really care if they do this or not, but I just want A rank weapons to be useful, even if they are weaker, I just hope there isn't that much of a difference.

Shishi-O
Sep 12, 2007, 08:58 PM
On 2007-09-12 18:56, Zorafim wrote:
I'm sorry, I just finished studying calculus, so my brain is fried. What in God's name is the topic creator saying? I can understand a word he typed.

u should take a break and rest so u can understand basic english,...i know calculus can be a pain.

i mean you wouldn't want to make yourself look like an idiot trying to belittle someone and then not even be able to spell properly?

i mean that would be pathetic.

...you did mean to say "can't" understand a word i am saying...correct?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-09-12 19:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-09-12 19:03 ]</font>

Zorafim
Sep 12, 2007, 09:02 PM
That's exactly what I meant. Rather hypocritical of me to critique another's grammar when I can't even perfect my own.

*sign* This chapter wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that they're going over physics, and not leaving much room for the math itself. Definitions, identities, I just want to get back to my precious algebra.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-09-12 19:03 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Sep 12, 2007, 09:16 PM
On 2007-09-12 19:02, Zorafim wrote:
That's exactly what I meant. Rather hypocritical of me to critique another's grammar when I can't even perfect my own.

*sign* This chapter wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact that they're going over physics, and not leaving much room for the math itself. Definitions, identities, I just want to get back to my precious algebra.

Three semesters of engineering Calculus, then Differential Equations, Numerical Methods, and Probability & Statistics for Engineers. I feel your pain hardcore, but it does get better. Mine was actually mostly math with little applied concepts, which made it harder for me because I often use concepts to make sense out of the math.

But I digress.

I don't mind this "nerf" at all. Besides, people will complain if they get nerfed and people would also complain if they got buffed. Funny thing is, some people belong to both of those groups.

Zorafim
Sep 12, 2007, 09:30 PM
On 2007-09-12 19:16, Typheros wrote:
I feel your pain hardcore, but it does get better.

When?

PJ
Sep 12, 2007, 09:33 PM
I never quite understood why in gods name percents used character ATP too, like it did in DC PSO

Then it went to only the weapons ATP(GC+), and then back to DC, despite it being horrendously broken then.

So it's good they're fixing it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Not like I really care about percents anyways, as long as you made an effort to use the right element, it's all good with me

danny_o
Sep 12, 2007, 09:36 PM
I saw this vote starting to take favor in one direction, so I voted for the less popular option.

That is all.

CelestialBlade
Sep 12, 2007, 10:25 PM
On 2007-09-12 19:30, Zorafim wrote:

On 2007-09-12 19:16, Typheros wrote:
I feel your pain hardcore, but it does get better.

When?

When it's over I mean Kinda depends on how long you've been doing it. It took me until the middle of Calc 2 to just stop thinking about why or how I'm doing the methods, and to just do them. There's no easy way around drilling concepts into your brain but there's a method to the Calculus madness. Don't think too much into it.

Sekani
Sep 12, 2007, 11:49 PM
I figured the adjustment was just to "fix" it so that a 50% C-rank weapon won't outclass a low-to-mid-percentage A-rank weapon. Same for armor... maybe.

Fure_Rakune
Sep 12, 2007, 11:57 PM
Concerning percents, will they be able to go beyond the 50% mark in AoI?

Zorafim
Sep 13, 2007, 12:12 AM
On 2007-09-12 20:25, Typheros wrote:
When it's over I mean Kinda depends on how long you've been doing it. It took me until the middle of Calc 2 to just stop thinking about why or how I'm doing the methods, and to just do them. There's no easy way around drilling concepts into your brain but there's a method to the Calculus madness. Don't think too much into it.

I'm in Cal 3, still rather painful if something takes me by surprise. I don't understand this physics stuff at all. The calculus is what I can do well.

HaydenX
Sep 13, 2007, 12:17 AM
Maybe they will up the base statistics of all striking weapons to make up for the change. As it stands right now, hunters don't do *that* much damage compared to SE and Techs. On top of that problem, the hunter is the most expensive to play (factoring in all of the fucking synthing and low %). Maybe if they retooled it this way, it would encourage item upgrade for hunters instead of % upgrade. As it stands right now, there is no reason whatsoever for a hunter to try and find a mugunruk (10* spear), when a 44% mukarad (6* spear) will probably outclass it (based upon the likelihood of a high % mugunruk coming out).
As long as they up the base statistics, or make just attack and just counter so useful that they outclass the damage differential, this will be good for hunters in the long run.

Zael
Sep 13, 2007, 12:21 AM
They should NOT nerf the effects of percentages on weapons. Seriously, melee classes need high percents to keep up with equal level Gunners and Techers all with maxed PAs. I think it's fine the way it is.

Look at it this way:

To play a top-tier Fortegunner, you need high level bullet PAs, while the weapons are fairly easy to get. +10 guns don't make that much difference, but bullets are very time consuming to cap.

To play a top-tier Fortetecher, you need high level techs and good weapons. Unlike gunners, +10 wands and rods do make a notable difference other than PP. There's even S-rank techer weapons out there that are better than +10 9* weapons. Techs are also very time consuming to cap, but are much harder to AFK level compared to bullets.

To play a top-tier Fortefighter, you need high level skills, high percent armors, and high percent weapons. The armors are to ensure you don't get cancelled out of your PAs, and the high percent on weapons is to pump out as much damage as you can. Without high % weapons, your damage output will suck compared to Fortegunner and Fortetecher. While the PAs are fairly fast to level, the weapons and armor are very expensive to obtain.

In my opinion, they should make high percent weapons more accessible to average players, rather than nerfing the effects of percents. Nerfing the percents is also essentially nerfing the entire class. Completely unfair and bullshit.

mvffin
Sep 13, 2007, 01:33 AM
Higher synth rates and not losing boards for failing will make it easier to get higher % weps. They might be nerfing the % in an attempt to "balance" the system out.

HFlowen
Sep 13, 2007, 01:46 AM
"not losing boards for failing will make it easier to get higher % weps."

Where do you people keep getting this?

Syl
Sep 13, 2007, 02:04 AM
On 2007-09-12 18:40, Shishi-O wrote:

as for the rest of you post just illustrates how worthless a low% s-rank would be, i for one would not even entertain the thought of buying one if i could just buy a nightwalker and grind for base atp increase seeing as how atp matters more now. a neutral nightwalker/ any 9* @(+10) beats out all s-ranks.

and seeing how % dont matter anymore and aren't all that rare/ special i can grind and break and remake and grind till i get what i want.

I'm not even going to bother explaining anymore. You're completely oblivous to anything I say... Well let's just put it this way. It is definately cheaper and more practical to buy A ranks than S ranks, but finding your own s ranks holds sentimental values, even if their %'s suck (well to a lot of people anyways).

Well anyways, the thing about synthing in AoI isn't finalized yet (it was mentioned by developers as an IDEA), so dont get your hopes up yet folks.

omegapirate2k
Sep 13, 2007, 07:58 AM
I'm simply happy about lower %'s being more useful, I'd rather they shortened the gap between 50%'s and, say, mid 20%'s, but beggars can't be choosers :/

Reipard
Sep 13, 2007, 08:58 AM
The thing I like about the current way %s work is that it can make a weapon of any rank useful. It's really nice to be able to run around with like, say, that B rank you really like (or perhaps, Harisen Fans) and not be terrifyingly gimped.

Of course, this brings with it a lot of negative drawbacks elsewhere too. So I am quite uncertain where I fall.

panzer_unit
Sep 13, 2007, 09:23 AM
If they're bumping average synth results to 30% (e.g. halfway between 10 and 50) element I wouldn't care what they do with the numbers, apply it just to weapon or to total ATP.

I think things are reasonably well-balanced as they are...
weapon rank is the most controllable / reliable improvement factor, but the least significant overall
grind level is more random (5% chance or less of hitting +10, but nice ATP and important PP gains)
high elemental % is extremely rare and powerful, less so if you don't grind the weapon for fear of losing it

Shishi-O
Sep 13, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-09-13 07:23, panzer_unit wrote:
If they're bumping average synth results to 30% (e.g. halfway between 10 and 50) element I wouldn't care what they do with the numbers, apply it just to weapon or to total ATP.

I think things are reasonably well-balanced as they are...
weapon rank is the most controllable / reliable improvement factor, but the least significant overall
grind level is more random (5% chance or less of hitting +10, but nice ATP and important PP gains)
high elemental % is extremely rare and powerful, less so if you don't grind the weapon for fear of losing it

true

Shishi-O
Sep 13, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-09-13 00:04, SylviaEspada wrote:

On 2007-09-12 18:40, Shishi-O wrote:

I'm not even going to bother explaining anymore. You're completely oblivous to anything I say... Well let's just put it this way. It is definately cheaper and more practical to buy A ranks than S ranks, but finding your own s ranks holds sentimental values, even if their %'s suck (well to a lot of people anyways).

Well anyways, the thing about synthing in AoI isn't finalized yet (it was mentioned by developers as an IDEA), so dont get your hopes up yet folks.

dude a little gimping is done across all boarders,.ie it affects all weps. i do appreciate your response and apologise if i seem dismissive

XenithFlare
Sep 15, 2007, 12:38 AM
As for something mentioned a whiiiile back:

Some people have insane luck regarding synthing. I used to know several people who churned out a 50% a week.

Then there're people like me who can synth 800 weapons, have half of them fail, and only come out with one over 28%. =P

Itsuki
Sep 15, 2007, 02:58 AM
On 2007-09-13 07:23, panzer_unit wrote:

During the AoI beta, the average synth result was 26%. I don't know if it was every really brought up much. But, there was a drastic increase in the %s that weapons came out, 50%s and 10%s were about equally rare, with most weapons falling right in the middle. It was probably somewhere close to a standard distribution.

People keep debating on what and how the change will effect. But everything is still speculation. As far as we know, the reworking may be good. It may be bad. It may be something simple, such as making elemental percent apply after defence instead of before. It may even be something lost in translation, where they're actually just talking about the synth percents. I think its best to just wait till the change is made, and then start discussions.

Shishi-O
Sep 15, 2007, 09:30 AM
On 2007-09-14 22:38, XenithFlare wrote:
As for something mentioned a whiiiile back:

Some people have insane luck regarding synthing. I used to know several people who churned out a 50% a week.

Then there're people like me who can synth 800 weapons, have half of them fail, and only come out with one over 28%. =P

hey buddy

i feel ur pain.

MT7218
Sep 16, 2007, 03:13 AM
On 2007-09-12 22:21, Zael wrote:
They should NOT nerf the effects of percentages on weapons. Seriously, melee classes need high percents to keep up with equal level Gunners and Techers all with maxed PAs. I think it's fine the way it is.

Look at it this way:

To play a top-tier Fortegunner, you need high level bullet PAs, while the weapons are fairly easy to get. +10 guns don't make that much difference, but bullets are very time consuming to cap.

To play a top-tier Fortetecher, you need high level techs and good weapons. Unlike gunners, +10 wands and rods do make a notable difference other than PP. There's even S-rank techer weapons out there that are better than +10 9* weapons. Techs are also very time consuming to cap, but are much harder to AFK level compared to bullets.

To play a top-tier Fortefighter, you need high level skills, high percent armors, and high percent weapons. The armors are to ensure you don't get cancelled out of your PAs, and the high percent on weapons is to pump out as much damage as you can. Without high % weapons, your damage output will suck compared to Fortegunner and Fortetecher. While the PAs are fairly fast to level, the weapons and armor are very expensive to obtain.

In my opinion, they should make high percent weapons more accessible to average players, rather than nerfing the effects of percents. Nerfing the percents is also essentially nerfing the entire class. Completely unfair and bullshit.

Now that I think about it... this does make some sense. If they nerf weapon elemental %, they also need to nerf SE and tech power. While big numbers =! DPS, DPS isn't always the best option to use. There's way too many dangerious suitions in this game where going for the most damage possible isn't the wisest option. Sometimes getting those big hits would be better than getting a dozen smaller hits and then wind up getting owned by, say, Jarba Dambarta.

Speaking of which: I hope they don't touch the %s of armors unless they do some SERIOUS reworking of the ATP/TP vs. DFP/MST calculations. As it stands, the most one can block with the best DFP AND a good, solid A rank armor out there is about 70-100 damage, and with the best MST, about 170ish damage. This would be alright if there weren't enemies in S2 missions that do 500+ physical damage/1000+ TECHNIC damage per non-crit. We NEED the %'s direct deduction for any resemblance of defense agianst that, be it a level 10 Fortefighter or a level 1 Protranser. Unless they give the defensive stats a MAJOR boost, as in, calculated in a way that high DFP reduces a lot more damage than low DFP does, nerfing armor %s will tear away most the defenses we can make agianst these enemies. Honestly, I would prefer a boost in the defensive stat calculations with a nerfing of armor % (for balance), to factor in those pesky neutral enemies, but I'm not putting much faith ST to do so.

panzer_unit
Sep 17, 2007, 12:49 PM
Techs have HUGE element modifiers based on the skill level.

If the effects of element damage get nerfed... fighters will probably have the least to complain about, the majority of my weapons aren't even 20% right now. Even gun skills have better element % than that lol.

Darkly
Sep 17, 2007, 01:09 PM
This sounds like a double-edged sword to me because while this new method would mean high % on weapons such as twin daggers would be unimportant. The % on an axe will make a huge difference, because of its already high atp.

Also come expansion, i think that a 50% weapon will probably be as deadly as it is now, because they will rework atp and dfp, but a 10% weapon will now not be as far behind the 50% in terms of damage.

Menochi
Sep 17, 2007, 01:47 PM
Keep in mind that according to the update JP gets today, they're also altering character ATP and DFP

Zorafim
Sep 17, 2007, 02:05 PM
On 2007-09-17 11:47, Menochi wrote:
Keep in mind that according to the update JP gets today, they're also altering character ATP and DFP

Wait, what? PSUjp gets updates on mondays?

Xaeris
Sep 17, 2007, 08:00 PM
Speaking technically, at the time of Menochi's post, it was already the 18th in Japan.

Zael
Sep 18, 2007, 06:40 AM
Looks like they didn't really nerf elemental %s on weapons. Good riddance I say http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SolomonGrundy
Sep 19, 2007, 12:17 PM
if they changed elemental % to affect ONLY weapon ATP that would eb a significant change to all 3 classes.

Fortegunners get hurt, as thier weapon ATP is pretty low, and thier weapons % are mediocre. Mechguns will suffer, and may become unuseable. Grinding is in thier favor, at least.

Fortetechers get hurt even harder, as thier TAP is the highest in game, and elemetal % on techs take advantage of this.

Fortefighters get hurt the least, and only for a few weapon types. Twin daggers will be fairly useless (lowest ATP). Swords will gain some ground, which is good.