PDA

View Full Version : Smash Bros Brawl Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Zorafim
Sep 13, 2007, 12:52 PM
They put Lyn into the game.

She's an assist trophy.

My hopes have been raised, then dashed into the floor. Good show, Nintendo!
Here's hoping for Ephraim...

Notice: This topic was originally part of Nintendo- SSB:B Info [Update: SEGA's faith in Wii may lead to no Sonic] (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?forum=9&topic=143589)

KaffeKane
Sep 13, 2007, 01:21 PM
I had seen in some other forum thread that the idiot known as Scott Steinburg ate his words about the Wii and the PS3 after a while. I think the only reasons why Sega's popularity around the States is flagging so badly is because of:

1) Fools like Scott Steinburg not knowing a good thing, or even so much as potential if it smacked him in the face.
2) Sega of America. (Second reason in bold for emphasis) It's not just Sonic Team, it's that whole branch of the company's fault why Sega in general's losing out on more money, I think.

geewj
Sep 13, 2007, 01:26 PM
Crono/Magus (either would be sweet)

A Belmont (for the badass whip)

Mega Man (to the extreme)

Terra/Celes (ff6, hot and awesome womans, plus terra could go crazy esper mode and celes could absorb things with runic)

To name a few

DikkyRay
Sep 13, 2007, 03:00 PM
Fuck. Lyn isnt gonna be a main. There goes Hector.....
But fuck yea Geno.

Zorafim
Sep 13, 2007, 05:04 PM
Yes, Geno is a necessity. I don't care if he's naked, he was a badass.

DikkyRay
Sep 13, 2007, 06:50 PM
Because Ike isnt as important as Lyn. DUH.
FE7>PoR

Split
Sep 13, 2007, 08:32 PM
wow nintendo isn't gonna have the entire roster of every fire emblem character that ever existed in brawl. this is not fire emblem brothers...

Saner
Sep 13, 2007, 08:58 PM
I'll never forgive them for removing Ice Climbers. XO

so hmph! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

omegapirate2k
Sep 13, 2007, 09:07 PM
On 2007-09-13 18:58, Saner wrote:

We don't know that for sure.

And to be fair, ike is the more significant of the two of them, seeing as how nintendo should have released the second console FE game by the time brawl comes out, that's 1 game (released in NA, anyway >_>) versus 2.

Although more fire emblem characters would be sweet.

Well, heres something you all might like to know, special brawl, it's what I've been hoping for since I first played melees event mode:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various04.html

PJ
Sep 13, 2007, 09:11 PM
If they take out Game and Watch, I'm gonna cry for 84 days straight.

While I'm playing Brawl of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DikkyRay
Sep 13, 2007, 09:33 PM
Holy shit. just saw the assist trophies.
KNUCKLE JOE. FOR THE FUCKING WIN

Tetsaru
Sep 14, 2007, 02:16 AM
This game is my most wanted future release atm. They added so much new cool stuff! I was glad to see Wario finally make an appearance in the series, and using Bowser's Final Smash to transform into Giga Bowser just sounds wickedly cool. >:3

Oh yeah - just checked the official website. (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html) It appears that the Ice Climbers WILL still be playable. I never cared for 'em myself, though... =/

I'd love to see Sonic as a secret character, personally. Seeing him move around similarly to Fox, spin-dashing and stuff... that'd be awesome.

I'd also like to see Waluigi make an appearance. I find it odd that Nintendo hasn't given him his own game yet, and thus the only way you can tell how he performs is through multiplayer games, like Mario Tennis, the newer Mario Party games, etc. Since he's so lanky, I guess he could have long-range melee attacks. =/

Shattered_weasel
Sep 14, 2007, 02:43 AM
On 2007-09-13 18:58, Saner wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAH They have been confirmed.

Skuda
Sep 14, 2007, 03:04 AM
I was actually quite surprised to see that. Happy, but surprised.

Sayara
Sep 14, 2007, 06:52 AM
STILL NEEDS MORE LUIGI aahhh~

Is he going to be a secret character again for this game?

Jakosifer
Sep 14, 2007, 07:03 AM
I just hope they didn't do anything to nerf Fox...

Oh and Ike is gonna be great, Aether = Best move ever..Healing AND heavy damage. Wonder how that will play out.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 14, 2007, 07:31 AM
On 2007-09-14 04:52, Sayara wrote:
STILL NEEDS MORE LUIGI aahhh~

Is he going to be a secret character again for this game?

Luigi was always Ken to Mario's Ryu. He should be on the opposite side of the select screen.

But downhill since Super Mario Bros. and he's getting treated more like Tito.

I'd expect Waluigi to show up before Mr. L.

EJ
Sep 14, 2007, 09:13 AM
Luigi is a guarantee but was surprise Ice climbers were back since I heard they were suppose to be taken out but if they are back that means most or all the melee crew are back as well now waiting for that mewtwo returns news.

tai_EX
Sep 14, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-09-14 07:13, EJ wrote:
Luigi is a guarantee but was surprise Ice climbers were back since I heard they were suppose to be taken out but if they are back that means most or all the melee crew are back as well now waiting for that mewtwo returns news.

Yes for the win! Mewtwo!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif dats who i played with!

I don't think though that many of the Melee characters are going to get cut.. aside from the clones (Pichu, Dr. Mario, Marth/Roy, Gannondorf, Falco, Young Link, etc) unless they get "Luigi-ifed" and get their own movesets, theyre destined for the way of the Sony consoles... to be extinct

Vitamin_D
Sep 14, 2007, 03:09 PM
As long as I can get another solid 6 years+ of gameplay out of this game, I have no complaints haha.

Dre_o
Sep 14, 2007, 03:53 PM
I don't know about Luigi. I read somewhere that they're not going to do any clones in this game (ex: Luigi, Pichu, Young Link, Ganendorf, Falco, etc)

Oh, and I can not fucking WAIT for this game.

EDIT: And No, I do not have a link. I just have a very reliable video-game memory. Take my post with a grain of salt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-09-14 13:53 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Sep 14, 2007, 05:06 PM
Luigi could be given different moves. But seeing as he was a clone in the original Super Mario Bros., I don't know how. Oh well.

I am actually happy to see the Bridge of Eldin as a level. Kick ass!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-09-14 15:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-09-14 15:08 ]</font>

Skuda
Sep 14, 2007, 08:22 PM
On 2007-09-14 15:06, AlexCraig wrote:
Luigi could be given different moves. But seeing as he was a clone in the original Super Mario Bros., I don't know how. Oh well.

I am actually happy to see the Bridge of Eldin as a level. Kick ass!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-09-14 15:07 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-09-14 15:08 ]</font>

Vacuum cleaner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

AlexCraig
Sep 14, 2007, 10:57 PM
Maybe. Personally, I don't think it'd be Smash Bros. without him.

Saner
Sep 15, 2007, 11:12 PM
HOORAY! Ice Climbers are back ^_^

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/iceclimbers.html

DonRoyale
Sep 16, 2007, 12:06 AM
Luigi is going to be back, because it's confirmed that all the characters from the original Smash Bros. are returning.

Boo, that means we get Ness and Captain Spandex. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Where's the characters/updates we REALLY want? >.>

Even though Diddy was a nice touch, I must say.

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 16, 2007, 12:40 AM
I'd be pissed if they took out Luigi, he was one of my most used characters in Melee. Oh, and if there are no clones, does that mean no more Marth since Ike's gonna be in this game? ;_;
Marth was the guy I was best at so taking him out would really own me.

omegapirate2k
Sep 16, 2007, 12:46 AM
On 2007-09-15 22:40, Shiroryuu wrote:
Oh, and if there are no clones, does that mean no more Marth since Ike's gonna be in this game? ;_;
Marth was the guy I was best at so taking him out would really own me.

I'm not sure, it seems to be a possibility due to their similarity as fighters from what I've seen of Ikes moves so far, but aether is still somewhat different than Marths up slash, so theres hope as well.

Feelmirath
Sep 16, 2007, 05:00 AM
On 2007-09-15 22:06, DonRoyale wrote:
Boo, that means we get Ness and Captain Spandex. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

DON'T BE TALKIN' SMACK 'BOUT THE FALCON. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I can see myself using Ike a lot when this is out >.>

Shiro_Ryuu
Sep 16, 2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah, but even so, I'm still gonna be playing as Ike quite a bit in Brawl. As for Fox, I wouldn't be surprised if he got nerfed, although I think it would suck if he did. I mean, I remember how Kirby was in the first game, and then they just nerf him in Melee.

Powder Keg
Sep 16, 2007, 05:57 PM
They removed ice climbers? They shouldn't need to remove anyone....I don't get it.

If they removes Luigi I will be furious. He was my best character in Melee and there's no reason why he can't be given his own complete style that differs from Mario's.

EDIT: Looks like I didn't read enough to the topic. Looks like no one is being taken out. Good. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-09-16 15:59 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Sep 16, 2007, 05:59 PM
Edit: Nevermind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-09-16 16:00 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 17, 2007, 06:39 AM
...I still think Zero would be a perfect contender for this game.

I mean, just look at his attacks in X4 - you've got all of his possible moves laid out, right there.

Darkly
Sep 17, 2007, 09:01 AM
all i know is im buying a wii for this game.

zentetsua
Sep 17, 2007, 12:22 PM
hmmm X,Zero & Geno sound badass but what about Axel from X8? i mean his "buster" is fairly different from X's and his "copy" is kinda different from kirby's. oo another idea! why don't they add humar to the roster? they could have his moves switch out weps or use a monomate to restore %s wouldn't that be gr8?
one time i annoyed my cousin and uncle in smash bros. 64 they challenged me to a 99 stock match and i chose luigi, i nearly kicked their ass howz that for good w/ luigi?

xgp
Sep 17, 2007, 03:23 PM
megaman/zero/protoman and roll form x/battle network/legans or starforce that wood rock. fire emblem geillim te ginral claec that whud be sweet.

AlexCraig
Sep 17, 2007, 03:54 PM
Pig Ganon would be sweet, in my opinion. Sort of like Bowser, only with more and better moves.

Dre_o
Sep 17, 2007, 04:20 PM
Geeze people....let's use some grammar and punctuation please...those last posts were hard to read.

Anyways, so as not to troll, I believe the "Golden Hammer" (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html) should make for an interesting little addition. I love how at the end, they add the part about how the normal hammer tends to...."malfunction." Worse part it: IT ALWAYS MALFUNCTIONS FOR ME ALONE.

Just like I never Attack containers to open them. Cause if I do, there is a 90% chance it will explode. I swear to god.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-09-17 14:21 ]</font>

Sayara
Sep 17, 2007, 04:27 PM
Make sure items aren't on very low ;p

DikkyRay
Sep 17, 2007, 04:53 PM
Dre, complaining about punctuation isn't wrong, hell, its actually nice to see that someone cares!

fire emblem geillim te ginral claec that whud be sweet
what...the...hell?
Anyway, heres hoping to King Dedede as an Assist trophy. But i want a squeak hammer. Sounds humurous

Weeaboolits
Sep 17, 2007, 06:43 PM
I'd still like to see Arle Nadja, Emerl, or Rahu; but I really don't see it happening.

Carbuncle would make for a fun assist trophy, and speaking of those, it'd be pretty badass to have Rachel from AW:DS, air strikes! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Edit: Dark Matter would make an awesome assist too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-09-17 16:45 ]</font>

EJ
Sep 18, 2007, 10:57 AM
it has been confirm Brawl is online so online brawl will happen. Now I want to know is where my mewtwo update? D;

Moo2u
Sep 18, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-09-17 13:54, AlexCraig wrote:
Pig Ganon would be sweet, in my opinion. Sort of like Bowser, only with more and better moves.

If Ganondorf is in the game (which he probably is) I'm willing to guess that his Final Smash would be his Pig Ganon forum, like GigaBowser is to Bowser.

Also, does anyone else not like how Nintendo is dealing with their online stuff? Friend codes make me angry...

omegapirate2k
Sep 18, 2007, 08:07 PM
Meh, I can't complain...

too much.

PJ
Sep 19, 2007, 01:04 PM
How is it any different to Gamertags that Live uses? Except it's numbers, of course.

DS is different since thats a different code per game, but Wii is single code for each console, so I never quite understood why people complain

omegapirate2k
Sep 19, 2007, 01:44 PM
On 2007-09-19 11:04, PJ wrote:
How is it any different to Gamertags that Live uses? Except it's numbers, of course.

DS is different since thats a different code per game, but Wii is single code for each console, so I never quite understood why people complain

Not sure, I suppose it's because theres no friend requests and such, and the lack of voice chat is fairly annoying to many people (Although for random battles and stuff, fuck that shit, there no way I'm going to listen to those fucking kids man)

I suppose the comments and stuff you can say while fighting with friends is ok, but it would have been nice to release a headset or something with it, you know?

zentetsua
Sep 20, 2007, 02:04 AM
a headset would b nice, maybe wireless or plug into the wii-mote itself would b nice too.

omegapirate2k
Sep 20, 2007, 08:41 AM
It's possible to do it either way, and wireless is not only possible, but far more practical than wired when you consider brawl (and possibly other online titles for wii) can use the gamecube controller.

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 20, 2007, 09:21 AM
On 2007-09-19 11:04, PJ wrote:

actually the console has a friend code, but then, I know Mario Strikers has another friend code... so yeah

THE JACKEL

Guitarsmasher
Sep 20, 2007, 10:11 AM
On 2007-09-18 15:52, Moo2u wrote:

On 2007-09-17 13:54, AlexCraig wrote:

If Ganondorf is in the game (which he probably is) I'm willing to guess that his Final Smash would be his Pig Ganon forum, like GigaBowser is to Bowser.

Also, does anyone else not like how Nintendo is dealing with their online stuff? Friend codes make me angry...

Actually, for ssbb Nintendo took a new approach to this and is allowing players online to battle anyone in the world despite if they're on your friend list or not. Depending on how players react to this new move will most likely determine the future of Nintendo's online play, meaning you won't have to be friends with someone to play against them online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Guitarsmasher on 2007-09-20 08:12 ]</font>

NPCMook
Sep 20, 2007, 01:11 PM
They've been doing this since Pokemon Battle Revolution

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 20, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-09-20 11:11, NPCMook wrote:
They've been doing this since Pokemon Battle Revolution

they did it on the DS.

Metroid Prime Hunters has random battles, in fact most games have random battles that are WiFi. The only thing about friend codes is just that, finding friends

THE JACKEL

Moo2u
Sep 21, 2007, 09:11 AM
I like that you can play against anyone world wide. I don't like how you can't talk to your challengers, make them friends, see their screen name, or keep a record of win/losses. Really, do you even need to play online if you can't do any of these? It'll just be like playing against advanced AI.

Atayin
Sep 21, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-09-21 07:11, Moo2u wrote:
I like that you can play against anyone world wide. I don't like how you can't talk to your challengers, make them friends, see their screen name, or keep a record of win/losses. Really, do you even need to play online if you can't do any of these? It'll just be like playing against advanced AI.

I was thinking along the same lines. I'm trying to picture playing against different humans with absolutely no interaction whatsoever aside from raw gameplay. It's almost eerie thinking about it.

I imagine sitting there, pitted against some random person and wondering "What are they doing right now? Whats going on in their head? Have I ever fought against this player before?"

The upside is that I won't have to deal with any ignorance or provocative and antagonizing players. There's a positive side, here, but does it outweigh the sacrifice of actual social in-game interaction?

DizzyDi
Sep 21, 2007, 03:09 PM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/snake/snake_070921l-l.jpg
Shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh!

How the hell is that an attack?

Dre_o
Sep 21, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-09-21 13:09, DizzyDi wrote:

How the hell is that an attack?

I've been saying for a long time: Snake WILL NOT make a good Smash Bros character and NOW YOU SEE WHY. HE'S JUST NOT NINTENDO-EY ENOUGH TO BE IN SUPER SMASH BROTHERS. HELL HE'S NOT NINTENDO AT ALL.

Weeaboolits
Sep 21, 2007, 04:15 PM
Maybe it works like Peach's umbrella move.

DonRoyale
Sep 21, 2007, 10:28 PM
Perhaps it's an item of some sort?

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Sep 21, 2007, 11:05 PM
Double jump and float to get back on the stage?

Dre_o
Sep 21, 2007, 11:07 PM
On 2007-09-21 21:05, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
Double jump and float to get back on the stage?

It's actually his Up-B but yea, that's the jest of it from what I get. So basically, a giant floating target for oh shall we say...a Bom-omb?

Weeaboolits
Sep 21, 2007, 11:45 PM
Maybe it shoots things (probly not), that's what the buoy lookin' floatin' robots did, right? Wrecked my poor box. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 22, 2007, 01:32 AM
On 2007-09-21 14:15, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Maybe it works like Peach's umbrella move.

exactly, seems identical too it. Why is it getting such negative attention before anyone has even tried it? Sheesh people

now as for online play, I don't want to hear random BS shit from players. I'm glad that won't be possible. And yeah, sure, it's like AI, but at least in the long run, it won't be as predictable. I mean, I can beat level 9 computers without even thinking because they do the same damn things. At least this way, there's a human which isn't always predictable.

Then when it comes to friends, I'll prolly be talking online or phone or some other way at the same time anyways!

THE JACKEL

Split
Sep 22, 2007, 12:02 PM
snake needs more cqc and less goofy shit

Moo2u
Sep 23, 2007, 12:27 AM
Sure, it may not be as predictable as a lvl 9, but at the very least I would have wanted to see my challenger's name, and to keep track of wins/losses.

And stop dissin' on Snake, or he'll break your frickin' neck.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/snake/snake_070921c-l.jpg

Sayara
Sep 23, 2007, 08:57 AM
THAT BETTER BE HIS GRAB hahahaha

Split
Sep 23, 2007, 10:14 AM
theeeeeerrre we go, more stuff like THAT

Zorafim
Sep 23, 2007, 12:35 PM
What the hell? Snake in my SSBB? When did this happen?

Oh right, months ago. I'm still confused about this. I just hope he's not the only non-Nintendo character in the game, that would be weird. Then again, simply having him in the game is weird.

BogusKun
Sep 23, 2007, 03:51 PM
I am happy Mario will be in this one (duh), or I would cry haha!
We PSO-World peoples need to definately get on this game.

Vitamin_D
Sep 23, 2007, 04:00 PM
On 2007-09-23 13:51, BogusKun wrote:
I am happy Mario will be in this one (duh), or I would cry haha!
We PSO-World peoples need to definately get on this game.

Agreed, much like the Pokemon thread here we could put Friend Codes and add up. It's what I planned to do anyway, with this site and a few others.

zentetsua
Sep 24, 2007, 02:59 AM
i'll post mine after i remeber 2 write it down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zentetsua on 2007-09-24 01:14 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 24, 2007, 03:16 AM
I noticed that the trophies that were added were capable of different shading style types. It's really possible for them to bring things like cell-shaded characters from Wind Waker into the rosters of Brawl.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various05/various05_070924f-l.jpg

Also... I planned on making a PSO-w tournament for Brawl a week after it's released. So prepare for that and enjoy yourselves http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Sep 24, 2007, 07:24 AM
On 2007-09-24 01:16, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
I noticed that the trophies that were added were capable of different shading style types. It's really possible for them to bring things like cell-shaded characters from Wind Waker into the rosters of Brawl.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various05/various05_070924f-l.jpg

Also... I planned on making a PSO-w tournament for Brawl a week after it's released. So prepare for that and enjoy yourselves http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

a week? that hardly gives much time, and that'll be exam time for me! No good!

THE JACKEL

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 24, 2007, 02:19 PM
Well... Either a week or 2. We'll see when it comes out!

PALRAPPYS
Sep 24, 2007, 05:53 PM
I'll be able to take some of you on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

How ya'll like the Jiggs?

Moo2u
Sep 24, 2007, 06:38 PM
Ohhh! Competition already! It's on!
Be sure to register everyone as your friend in advance so we can exchange 1 of 4 crummy messages to each other!

Dj_SkyEpic
Sep 24, 2007, 07:01 PM
I was thinking of like, prizes will be PSU items and what-not since that's the main thing that links most of us http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

So like... A week or couple days before SSBB's release, lets make the thread/topic to add one another for this game and competition.

zentetsua
Sep 24, 2007, 08:34 PM
i can work w/ that but i don't have psu or internet (i'm leeching off my neighbor's wi-fi) so what if i win i wouldn't be able to get the said item 4 winning...

Moo2u
Oct 1, 2007, 02:53 PM
Looks like we got Lucas! Fans of Mother 3, rejoyce! Fans of Ness...umm....better luck next time?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/lucas/lucas_071001a-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/lucas/lucas_071001b-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/lucas/lucas_071001c-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/lucas/lucas_071001d-l.jpg

Eihwaz
Oct 1, 2007, 03:38 PM
Those motherfuckers. They can't release the game in the US, but they can put the character into Brawl, in a move most tantalizing...

DizzyDi
Oct 1, 2007, 04:14 PM
FUCK YES, LUCAS!
But they better not boot my homeboy Ness.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 1, 2007, 04:18 PM
it'd be really dumb if they removed Ness, considering he was even in the first smash bros and people know him by now

THE JACKEL

Sayara
Oct 1, 2007, 05:50 PM
Its Ness without a hat :|

and a blondie at that!

EJ
Oct 1, 2007, 06:02 PM
I'm still waiting for some mewtwo news!! ;3

But yea when brawl comes out give all ye friend codes to me!

Sexy_Raine
Oct 2, 2007, 10:48 AM
I'm waiting to see event mode. SSBM had 51 stages; so I wonder how much brawl will have. They will probably stick some of the better unlockables in there.

Vitamin_D
Oct 2, 2007, 12:16 PM
Greatest. Update. EVER.
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage13/stage13_071002b.jpg

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

The videos are awesome "...her loss." LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vitamin_D on 2007-10-02 10:17 ]</font>

Moo2u
Oct 2, 2007, 12:37 PM
Haha! All the Snake vids are hilarious.

concussionman
Oct 2, 2007, 04:27 PM
Can't wait until they but that green boot in Mario World 3 into Smash Bros. That would be kick ass.

Tact
Oct 2, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-10-02 14:27, concussionman wrote:
Can't wait until they but that green boot in Mario World 3 into Smash Bros. That would be kick ass.

Kuribo's Shoe. (Dang, every time I try to type that, I end up typing "Kuribo's Show.")

I'm pretty excited about the stages having multiple music selections, and they look much more thought-out than the ones in Melee. They all have those little details (such as the section of the Eldin Bridge breaking off/disappearing) that tell me so.

As for characters, I can't wait to play as all of the new ones. Of course, that doesn't mean that veteran fighters will be ignored.

Moo2u
Oct 2, 2007, 06:02 PM
Haha! The shoe would make an awesome item! It would also be cool to see some more Zelda items, as the Zelda universe is full of crazy items.

AlexCraig
Oct 2, 2007, 07:47 PM
Hookshot is staple. Fire/Ice Rods would be nice.

Zorafim
Oct 2, 2007, 08:16 PM
This is truly an epic update.

concussionman
Oct 3, 2007, 12:56 AM
On 2007-10-02 16:02, Moo2u wrote:
Haha! The shoe would make an awesome item! It would also be cool to see some more Zelda items, as the Zelda universe is full of crazy items.

I'm surprised that bomb-chus haven't made it into the Smash Bros. universe yet.

zentetsua
Oct 3, 2007, 02:06 AM
that's a good idea bomb-chus if only, if only...well time to look @ the up-date(s).

Moo2u
Oct 3, 2007, 11:33 AM
I hate this guy...
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist09/assist09_071003e-l.jpg

zentetsua
Oct 3, 2007, 03:53 PM
who doesn't hate them?

Weeaboolits
Oct 3, 2007, 04:04 PM
Every one hates Lakitu, except in mario cart where he fishes you out, then not so much with the hatred.

DikkyRay
Oct 3, 2007, 04:13 PM
Snake sounds creepy.

ALso ExciteBike and Lakitu for te win.

And i do love my Lakitu. You just fail if you couldnt outrun him.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HAYABUSA-FMW- on 2007-10-03 20:20 ]</font>

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2007, 06:06 PM
I love how they make flat characters and objects. That's something you won't see anyone else do.

Weeaboolits
Oct 3, 2007, 06:17 PM
Speaking of flat characters, any mention of Mr. Game & Watch?

Jaysky
Oct 3, 2007, 07:06 PM
G&W will probably show up as a secret character again. Most people don't care about him returning but I do, I wanna see my ninja Kirby again. <('.'<)

Moo2u
Oct 4, 2007, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I thought G&W was hilarious. I know not many people used him as a character, but he was too hilarious that I still used him from time to time. I hope he's coming back.

Orange_Coconut
Oct 4, 2007, 02:09 AM
Well, if what that link for Nintendrone said had 100% accurate information then I believe it would be safe to say that Ness, Cpt. Falcon, Luigi and Jigglypuff will be back.

In any case, I would like to see more Earthbound characters. I am interested to see what this "Lucas" fellow has to offer, I never played the 3rd one since it wasn't released in the US. But I was hoping more along the lines of Jeff, despite what people say I think he was one of the more interesting characters in Earthbound.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 5, 2007, 06:36 AM
Co-op Story mode is win

THE JACKEL

Vashyron
Oct 5, 2007, 10:35 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/fox/fox_071004e-l.jpg

zentetsua
Oct 9, 2007, 12:27 AM
nif-t, i wonder if you can do wi-fi co-op or would p2 have 2 b on the same console as p1 is playing?

Moo2u
Oct 9, 2007, 11:23 AM
Wi-fi co-op would be awesome...Nintendo! Don't mess up your online stuff! Please!

Jaysky
Oct 9, 2007, 06:06 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/Supersocker79/shoopdawhoopjaysky0-1.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/Supersocker79/jshoopdawhoop2jys0.jpg
I finished these about 15 minutes ago. xP

Zorafim
Oct 9, 2007, 06:49 PM
Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

Heh, I got white first time, blue second. Both my self proclaimed elements.

Tetsaru
Oct 9, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-10-09 16:06, Jaysky wrote:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/Supersocker79/shoopdawhoopjaysky0-1.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a368/Supersocker79/jshoopdawhoop2jys0.jpg
I finished these about 15 minutes ago. xP

I lmao'd on those... XD

@ Zorafim: Lol, those are also my 2 favorite colors in Magic... cept I like blue better. :3

http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isblue.jpgTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz. (http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp)

On-topic now... latest update: Kirby's Final Smash has been revealed. Looks like he throws everyone in a big pot, cooks em, and then they and several items pop out...

Scrub
Oct 10, 2007, 12:44 AM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826130p1.html

Sonic the Hedgehog. Confirmed for Brawl.

I can't fucking believe it.

Vitamin_D
Oct 10, 2007, 01:35 AM
Sonic= Fucking awesome. It was confirmed that Online Co Op was in the game too. I can't wait for this game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Zorafim
Oct 10, 2007, 01:40 AM
Heh, Ashley's theme was pretty neat. I never really played Wario Ware, but I did get to play some of her games. I love characters like Ashley.

Skuda
Oct 10, 2007, 02:32 AM
Well, it's official. (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/sonic.html)

Somehow I knew this would happen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 10, 2007, 02:35 AM
It's OFFICIAL!

Now they got like, what? One more slot for third party characters?

ChronoTrigga
Oct 10, 2007, 02:43 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/26202.html

Bigger video of Sonic in action. And by action I mean, drop jaw to the floor all the way to the otherside of the world drop jaw....lockjaw, Grimmjaw, ahh hell, i'm excited with retardedness too much to type.

Niered
Oct 10, 2007, 02:49 AM
On 2007-10-10 00:35, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
It's OFFICIAL!

Sorta, it was confirmed that at most there would be 3 third party characters, but that doesnt mean that there will be that many, just that thats the max.

So lets assume a few things about sonic:

1. He'll have spin dash.
2. He'll have a homing attack for his third jump.
3. Final Smash: C'mon? What else COULD it be other than Super Sonic?
4.He'll probably have rings incorporated into his moveset/character in SOME way.
5. Since hes in it, expect other characters to show up from the Sonic universe in the form of assist trophies.
6. Wind attacks (Similar to his whirlwind attacks in both Sonic Heroes and SOnic Adventure 2) will be part of his move set.
7. Green Hill zone is a stage.

Those are some assumptions Im making about his inclusion to the game. None are necessarily things that I feel are set in stone, simply assumptions.

As for that possible 3rd slot character, Capcom is by no means on bad terms with Nintendo, so I think that the obvious fanboy wet dream hope is X from megaman.

I dont personally see that happening though, so here are some other possible choices, note they arent anymore likely than X, just ideas:

1. Bomberman (classic, but not necessarily a mascot character).'

2. Rayman. Ubisoft loves them some nintendo.

3. Tails. I know that Sega already has there mascot in there, but when theres one, the other follows, and noone said they had to be from different 3rd party developers.

4. Possible inculsion of a Squenix character, considering their love of nintendo currently.

And thats about it.

EDIT: Didnt see the video, seems alot of what I said was common fact...woops.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Niered on 2007-10-10 00:52 ]</font>

Niered
Oct 10, 2007, 03:00 AM
Quick note:

The spring that Sonic jumps off of 33 seconds into the trailer isnt a mario spring. Its an honest to god Sonic universe spring, sound effects and all. Implying that either its an item, or part of his moveset.

It seems hes definitely an aerial character, which I am more than pleased with.

Plus Im absolutely loving the oldschool sound effects for his moves. Great idea.

-Ryuki-
Oct 10, 2007, 03:04 AM
My thought on a possible character is MegaMan. The one I'm referring to will be one of the following:

-MegaMan.EXE
-MegaMan (MegaMan Star Force)
-Zero (MegaMan Zero series)
-Someone from the ZX Series

Considering Snake takes on his Liberty of Sons attire, and Sonic is in his Wii form, I highly doubt that if MegaMan showed up, it would be Classic, X, or Legend.

zentetsua
Oct 10, 2007, 03:39 AM
finally i can exhale my held breath sonic is gonna b great, and my guess 4 online co-op was right ta-boot! "i'm walkin' on sunshine here!" popo-atelier iris 1.

Chuck_Norris
Oct 10, 2007, 03:54 AM
On 2007-10-10 00:35, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
It's OFFICIAL!

*Waits for DBZ characters*

Nyreal
Oct 10, 2007, 04:23 AM
Sonic in Brawl was absolutely amazing. I gasped so loudly that I woke up my house.

Tact
Oct 10, 2007, 05:10 AM
I'm sort of disappointed that Sonic is in Brawl, for hard-to-explain reasons. However, I've said to myself in FKL that I would give every character a chance to be the one I regularly play as. (Except for the Pokemon characters. I'll try them in Training, see what their moves are, and then never touch them again unless an Event Match/Subspace Emissary makes me.)

Tetsaru
Oct 10, 2007, 05:55 AM
On 2007-10-10 00:32, Skuda wrote:

Somehow I knew this would happen. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

O_O

My God, this game is gonna be SO FUCKING AWESOME.

Dre_o
Oct 10, 2007, 06:48 AM
On 2007-10-10 00:32, Skuda wrote:

Well I'll eat my hat, it DID happen! If it wasn't dark out, I'm sure pigs would be flyin...well, at least he's another one of my favorite videogame characters of all time so it's pretty cool with me.

And I'm glad they chose THAT theme song for the video. It's cooler than the others.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 10, 2007, 06:53 AM
About damned time! I love Sonic!

Para
Oct 10, 2007, 07:19 AM
too bad release date is now TBA XP

BogusKun
Oct 10, 2007, 07:50 AM
yeah that is crazy! good thing i pre-ordered my game!!!!

Lucas is also in the Game... so I have to wait to see if Ness will be in too... Will probably make a good tag team. But you know I will stick to Mario!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BogusKun on 2007-10-10 05:53 ]</font>

PJ
Oct 10, 2007, 09:07 AM
This game has been sold. 7 billion times over.

o_o

Atayin
Oct 10, 2007, 09:11 AM
Well, I think they've known what fans want for quite some time. And now it looks like Nintendo's finally taking the initiative to try and put out. They've had a loyal fan base for ages. The addition of Sonic is gonna make a lot of people happy but...

...What I'm really waiting for is Megaman. Don't let me down again, big N!

Sexy_Raine
Oct 10, 2007, 10:27 AM
I was just as surprised as anyone here seeing that Sonic was confirmed. There were nay-sayers out there that it was BS, like GameFAQ's messages board, but this is real now. I remember there was a fake code that went out where sonic and tails were unlockable in super smash bros and that caused quite a stir, so maybe this is why people were mad at 100's of sonic topics that kept getting posted. There were even fake pics of it.

So is everyone mention so far available from the start, or do they need to be unlocked?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-10-10 08:29 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Oct 10, 2007, 10:45 AM
Spam.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-10-10 08:57 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Oct 10, 2007, 10:48 AM
Unexpected... DO WANT! DO WANT!

-Ryuki-
Oct 10, 2007, 10:51 AM
Spam again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-10-10 08:58 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Oct 10, 2007, 10:51 AM
More spam.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RyukiZero on 2007-10-10 08:58 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Oct 10, 2007, 10:52 AM
Unexpected... DO WANT!! DO WANT!!

Crap, I doubleposted. Crappy work net.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-10-10 09:17 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Oct 10, 2007, 10:54 AM
What I'm REALLY looking forward to, are the "Fox vs Sonic" threads/talks/discussions/debates. We all know Sonic is the fastest, but Fox WAS indeed considered the fastest of all Melee. Can't wait!

Bring us MegaMan.EXE, please~

Vitamin_D
Oct 10, 2007, 11:03 AM
On 2007-10-10 08:27, Sexy_Raine wrote:
I was just as surprised as anyone here seeing that Sonic was confirmed. There were nay-sayers out there that it was BS, like GameFAQ's messages board, but this is real now. I remember there was a fake code that went out where sonic and tails were unlockable in super smash bros and that caused quite a stir, so maybe this is why people were mad at 100's of sonic topics that kept getting posted. There were even fake pics of it.

So is everyone mention so far available from the start, or do they need to be unlocked?

I always thought that Sonic would make it in, mostly because the demand for him was ridiculously high.I remember that issue of EGM too, it was one of their most hated April Fools jokes haha. As far as unlocking characters goes, I wonder that too. I still think that Sonic and Snake (and whichever additional third party arrives) will be unlockable. My hope is that Sakurai will NOT unveil all the characters on the site. I would like to be surprised instead of having all the characters up front.

-Ryuki-
Oct 10, 2007, 11:20 AM
Knowing the "Fox vs Sonic" discussion I was referring to, there might be an event thing to do where you play as Fox, and you have to "catch up" to Sonic, then battle. I don't know really, but the idea doesn't sound too farfetched in my opinion.

Moo2u
Oct 10, 2007, 11:29 AM
SONIC!!! *dances forever*

MT7218
Oct 10, 2007, 11:38 AM
To possibly clear up some confusion about the delay of Brawl: From what I've heard, Brawl being "delayed" in Japan is a bit off. Untill now, there was no release date given for Japan for Brawl, and this just gives it a release date for there. But agian, this is what I've heard, so it's not 100% reliable, and do not take it as such untill we get offical word one way or another. Also, there ARE videos that announced Brawl coming out on December 3rd in the US, no later, right on the SSB Dojo site, so don't assume that has changed untill we get word otherwise offically. And before anyone goes on about how Japan tends to get these games before anyone else does, America got the Wii before Japan did, so it's possible we will get Brawl before them.

Anyhow... yea, this came off as a big suprize to me. I never thought Sonic would acutally BE in Brawl, and was a bit skeptical when I first heard it was true. Now I wonder who will be the last third-party chara, if there is one, for Brawl. Personally, I'd love to have Megaman in there like many other people want to see, and in this case, I want to see the classic Megaman there, not X, not Zero, not Megaman.EXE, as the classic series Megaman was the Megaman that started it all, all of the spinoff Megaman series orignating, be it directly or indirectly, from the classical series. Not to mention it would make the most sense, as most of that series were on Nintendo systems, mostly the NES.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 10, 2007, 12:45 PM
I really hope we don't get a delay, that's almost too much to bear. Though, I've never trusted Nintendo on their release dates, anything goes with them. X_X

Shou
Oct 10, 2007, 01:00 PM
Announced at midnight last night

I wonder what all affiliations SEGA has with Nintendo in this game. The song "Sonic Heroes" is used in the video.

Link to update.

Sasamichan
Oct 10, 2007, 01:02 PM
I don't see how this has to do with PSU.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 10, 2007, 01:03 PM
Take this to the off topic board. The SSBB thread has already announced it.

Tamashi
Oct 10, 2007, 01:05 PM
the Sonic Heroes ( thats the SA2B theme ) isn't used in that video, nor is this relevent to psu. Though it is quite intresting news.

PJ
Oct 10, 2007, 01:06 PM
Live and Learn, is what it's called.

Much like the placement of this topic http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rizen
Oct 10, 2007, 01:08 PM
In before move!

Im so glad that they have Live and Learn for his theme. My all time favorite Sonic song.

Shou
sry i guess i was just so excited that i forgot to see if it was already posted http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Wicked805
LOL thats the coolest

Shou
Oct 10, 2007, 01:10 PM
Oh and I dont know why I said it was Sonic Heros.... it is Live and learn. I would edit my post but I'm having some problems >.>

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 10, 2007, 01:13 PM
if we get megaman, it'd most likely be X, and his super special would be one of his many armors

THE JACKEL

watashiwa
Oct 10, 2007, 01:14 PM
OP needs to die.

Powder Keg
Oct 10, 2007, 01:19 PM
Sonic.....ugh.

Looks like I know who the new whipping boy will be when it comes to CPU players and training partners...

If we have Sonic now, we better get Megaman X, and a Belmont.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Artea on 2007-10-10 11:22 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Oct 10, 2007, 01:40 PM
LOL Awesome. Vid is made of Epic and Win.

Here Shou, have some Burning Rangers Vitamins!
http://www.psu-wiki.info/upbbs/lib/printimage.php?id=00002954.jpeg

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 10, 2007, 02:13 PM
We still got like 2 party symbols that have yet to be shown.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_20.gif was sonic's which is probably the last number for an icon.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_19.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_13.gif have both yet to be added.

If you change the numbers around, you will see that it's symbols from all of the characters already released.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_01.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_02.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_03.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_04.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_05.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_06.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_07.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_08.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_09.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_10.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_11.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_12.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_13.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_14.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_15.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_16.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_17.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_18.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_19.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/icon/world_b_20.gif

So there's 2 more possible slots. There's no way they will just leave one blank, now. It'll feel like a empty hole on the website.

watashiwa
Oct 10, 2007, 02:22 PM
On 2007-10-10 11:16, beatrixkiddo wrote:
THIS JUST IN ETHAN WABER IN SSBB

That would actually be somewhat entertaining, lol.

DonRoyale
Oct 10, 2007, 03:24 PM
omg, yush. :>

they delayed brawl? wut? *was too busy having omgorgasms from the mere appearance of Sonic*

owell, gib megaman x and i will be perfectly happy. :>

DikkyRay
Oct 10, 2007, 03:51 PM
Goddammit.
Why put sonic in......anything with him in it recently seems to do terrible.

On another note.
Cook Kirby FTFW

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 10, 2007, 04:30 PM
if I had to guess...
One would be another third party character, like megaman
and the other would be something like Golden Sun, Advance Wars, or other Nintendo Exclusive games that aren't really "3rd party"

THE JACKEL

EJ
Oct 10, 2007, 06:11 PM
Everyone seem to hate putting in Sonic and dunno why this is what many old school fans wanted a Sonic and Marion match and since Sega is working with Nintendo on this that means they will give him a pretty good moveset. Now I want to see the last 2 challenges.

Vitamin_D
Oct 10, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-10-10 16:11, EJ wrote:
Everyone seem to hate putting in Sonic and dunno why this is what many old school fans wanted a Sonic and Marion match and since Sega is working with Nintendo on this that means they will give him a pretty good moveset. Now I want to see the last 2 challenges.

I think "everyone" is super inaccurate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. If you look around, the overwhelming majority response is positive. Which should have been obvious, since Sonic won the poll for the third party character most wanted in Brawl. As far as the release date, it still stands as December 3rd here. If you look at the release of Sonic and Mario at the Olympics for example, we get that first as well. If anything it might mean we'll end up with an inferior version >_>. Could be wrong though, we'll see haha.

Wallin
Oct 10, 2007, 07:11 PM
On 2007-10-10 13:51, DikkyRay wrote:
Goddammit.

On another note.
Cook Kirby FTFW

It would take a heck of a lot more than Sonic to ruin this game. The only thing that would ruin it is if they stopped producing it, and that sure ain't going to happen.

We're 8 character shy now of matching the Melee cast size, and still missing 16 characters. It'll be interesting to see how far they actually go with this.

And Megaman X is okay, but Rock is old school and is so much better. If they put Zero in though then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

-Ryuki-
Oct 10, 2007, 08:17 PM
I'm telling you guys. There's no way Classic, X, or Legend would be a character, IF MegaMan was considered a possible character. IF anything, it would be MegaMan.EXE. More BattleNetwork/Star Force games have been out for the GBA/DS than on the S/NES. If I'm proven wrong, and Classic OR X shows up, then I'm not as hardcore of a MegaMan fan as I thought I was XD

NPCMook
Oct 10, 2007, 08:24 PM
We already have Kirby, whats the point of Megaman? Another Copy character? Which brings to question, what happens if Kirby Eats Megaman, or if Megaman absorbs Kirby's powers? Better yet, What if Megaman steals Samus' Powers?

I would rather have Classic Megaman, X would be O.K., since he technically is just Megaman...

Why Classic Megaman? Because its just an excuse to bring in Rush!

On 2007-10-10 18:17, RyukiZero wrote:
I'm telling you guys. There's no way Classic, X, or Legend would be a character, IF MegaMan was considered a possible character. IF anything, it would be MegaMan.EXE. More BattleNetwork/Star Force games have been out for the GBA/DS than on the S/NES. If I'm proven wrong, and Classic OR X shows up, then I'm not as hardcore of a MegaMan fan as I thought I was XD

Megaman 1-6 on the NES, Megaman Soccer/Racing SNES, Megaman 7 SNES(or was this PSX?), Megaman X 1-3 SNES.

Megaman Battle Network 1-6(I think there were only 6) GBA, Megaman StarForce DS.

I'm sure there were a few Megaman games for the Older Gameboys, just can't recall which ones.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-10-10 18:28 ]</font>

PJ
Oct 10, 2007, 08:26 PM
There were 6 Megaman Battle Network games on the GBA. 1 on the Gamecube.

There were 6 Megaman (Original) on the NES. 1 (2 if you count Japanese Rockman and Forte) on the SNES. 5 on Gameboy. And others now I'm too lazy to list.

Only one Starforce game ;o

There have been only 3 X games on SNES, though.

Frankly, I don't want Megaman in Smash Bros at all. I think people just figure who would, "Fit," like Sonic. Admittedly, Solid Snake does not, "Fit." XD

And although I don't believe there to be broken characters in Smash Bros, I hope Sonic is the fastest character in the game. It'd be bullshit otherwise.

On 2007-10-10 13:51, DikkyRay wrote:
Goddammit.

Sonic Rush was my favourite Sonic game to date, beating out Sonic 3 and Knuckles and [definately, I still think it's the most overrated Sonic game] Sonic CD. Sonic Rush Adventure is also very very awesome.

And I had great fun with Sonic and the Secret Rings.

So I'd say Sonic on the Nintendo has been doing fantastically. I mean, I'd argue that Sonic on the 360/PS3 was a decent game (Definately unpolished, but it's better than most people give it credit for), but I can understand that being looked as being terrible.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PJ on 2007-10-10 18:34 ]</font>

-Ryuki-
Oct 10, 2007, 08:44 PM
Actually, if you count all the versions, there was 2 for MMBN3, 2 for MMBN4, 2 for MMBN5, and 2 for MMBN6.

Star Force has 3, and Star Force 2, has 2. That's 15 right there, not including Transmission, Battle Chip Challenge, Real Operation 4.5, and Double Team DS. =x

NPCMook
Oct 10, 2007, 08:59 PM
Unfortunately for the most part, versions are basically the same game with minor difference, So I wouldn't count them.

Now what we could see is Classic/X added in with Megaman.exe as a completely different character... but that is just wishful thinking

PJ
Oct 10, 2007, 09:04 PM
The different versions are so smally different, it puts the lack of version exclusives in Diamond and Pearl to shame. Seriously, the differences are laughable.

Star Force has 3, btw. Only 2 in Japan.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 10, 2007, 10:24 PM
Any theories on why some of the icons are solid black backgrounds while others are transparent? Who knows, might be a thing with that :x

Dre_o
Oct 10, 2007, 11:18 PM
Ya know, today I had a HORRIBLE thought.

WARNING! CHALLENGER APPROACHING!

Master Chief!

With his wide range of Grunt kicking moves and Brute smashing power, Chief is the last 3rd Party Fighter!

...I'm probably gonna have nightmares at the very PROSPECT of that....

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 10, 2007, 11:22 PM
Don't worry Dre_o. SSBB will only accept characters that were once in a game that was on a Nintendo console.

Dre_o
Oct 10, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-10-10 21:22, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Don't worry Dre_o. SSBB will only accept characters that were once in a game that was on a Nintendo console.

....Ok...what Nintendo consol game was Snake in again? I have no clue....I didn't think Metal Gear games every went to Cube....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dre_o on 2007-10-10 21:25 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 10, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-10-10 21:24, Dre_o wrote:

....Ok...what Nintendo consol game was Snake in again? I have no clue....I didn't think Metal Gear games every went to Cube....
There was one on the Cube,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear_Solid:_The_Twin_Snakes

PJ
Oct 10, 2007, 11:27 PM
On 2007-10-10 21:24, Dre_o wrote:

The original Metal Gear was on the NES, as well as a few other things.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 10, 2007, 11:31 PM
On 2007-10-10 21:27, PJ wrote:
The original Metal Gear was on the NES, as well as a few other things.

Oh ya, I forgot about that game.

The original Metal Gear series spawned from the NES and had a sneaking style gameplay. Very unique during it's time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Gear

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-10-10 21:31 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Oct 10, 2007, 11:31 PM
Twin Snakes, I think it was called, GCN remake of the first MGS.

Also, I still demand Arle. T_T

Vitamin_D
Oct 11, 2007, 12:30 AM
There was also an MGS game on Gameboy Color. Little more obscure, but it's true. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Skuda
Oct 11, 2007, 12:40 AM
I'm curious to see what Nintendo will do for the different costume colours. Will they just be recolours, or will they be whole new costumes?

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 11, 2007, 01:05 AM
On 2007-10-10 22:40, Skuda wrote:
I'm curious to see what Nintendo will do for the different costume colours. Will they just be recolours, or will they be whole new costumes?

It would be nice if duplicate characters from the past becomes extra character costume designs like Falco to Fox and Dr. Mario to Mario.

Zorafim
Oct 11, 2007, 01:36 AM

Kain and Cecil confirmed for Brawl.

Discuss.

Dj_SkyEpic
Oct 11, 2007, 02:17 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_01.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_02.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_03.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_04.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_05.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_06.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_07.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_08.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_09.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_10.gif
http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_11.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_12.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_13.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_14.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_15.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_16.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_17.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_18.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_19.gifhttp://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/images/icon/world_w_20.gif

Found the same symbol types in that website. Has yet to have the mystery party added yet.

I'm so curious of it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dj_SkyEpic on 2007-10-11 00:19 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Oct 11, 2007, 02:55 AM
I'm curious what Sonic's stage will be, maybe it'll be Green Hill Zone.

zentetsua
Oct 11, 2007, 03:37 AM
here's a idea: terra,lock,sabin,cyan,setser,gau,mog,relm,edgar, just 2 name a few ff3/6 characters. any of them would b nice 2 have right?

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 11, 2007, 05:29 AM
On 2007-10-11 01:37, zentetsua wrote:
here's a idea: terra,lock,sabin,cyan,setser,gau,mog,relm,edgar, just 2 name a few ff3/6 characters. any of them would b nice 2 have right?

if we have any FF characters, it'd be the generic ones like in Mario Hoops 3v3 for the DS

THE JACKEL

Firocket1690
Oct 11, 2007, 06:07 AM
ehh heheheh...!

Everyone here fell for it..

Anyone notice that the same time they threw in the zomg Sonic update, they also changed the little release date thingy on the left? The Japanese blog now says Jan 24th, 2008, and the US one says TBD.

Eat it.

And I'm still against Sonic in brawl.. Either that, or the new promp vid just makes him look broken. That, and needs moar Geno. >;3

Kent
Oct 11, 2007, 06:11 AM
On 2007-10-11 04:07, Firocket1690 wrote:
And I'm still against Sonic in brawl.. Either that, or the new promp vid just makes him look broken.

Well, if Sonic isn't ridiculously fast, then someone at Nintendo is doing it wrong.

Kinda like how someone is doing it wrong if there's no Assist Trophy that spawns a Metroid.

omegapirate2k
Oct 11, 2007, 08:07 AM
I don't understand why some people are against Sonic being in SSBB, I pretty much assumed he'd be in brawl since they announced third party characters.

Honestly, who here didn't see this coming?

Atayin
Oct 11, 2007, 09:38 AM
Yeah, it would have been more of a shocker to NOT see Sonic in this game. I wasn't surprised at all when the announcement was made. Nintendo just likes to build up suspense by waiting so long to let us know what's going on.

And how about the other 3rd party character, if there is one? Personally, I'm hoping for some version of Megaman. I wouldn't be dissapointed to see Geno, Bomberman, Simon Belmont, Strider Hiryuu or some generic Final Fantasy character. Or even Lloyd Irving.

I'd be incredibly disappointed, though, if Nintendo made the predictable move of throwing in the Japanese Konami mascot, Goemon to fill the final 3rd party slot. There are worse characters out there, but he isn't nearly as cool as the classic, staple characters that made a lot of people into Nintendo fans back in the day.

tai_EX
Oct 11, 2007, 01:32 PM
Several Things:

1. Today's Update is Sonic's Moveset

2. Game and Watch is about mmm 95% guaranteed, i remeber an old interview between Sakurai.. and someone... well in the interview it said that all of the veterans from SSMB (Technically all the characters) will be returning, some will be "luigi-ifed" to have their own movesets, or some will be taken out (i.e. Marth> Roy or vice versa)so in short.

Unique moveset/Favorite Fan Character from SSBM = next "Challenger" in SSBB

3. The Animal Crossing Kid is almost confirmed (Rumor?), but its under the radar, heres a link to the article (its kinda old but...):
http://smashboards.com/blog/2007/09/26/animal-crossing-human/

DizzyDi
Oct 11, 2007, 01:49 PM
Ok so Sonic has two moves that are indentical?

tai_EX
Oct 11, 2007, 01:52 PM
On 2007-10-11 11:49, DizzyDi wrote:
Ok so Sonic has two moves that are indentical?

mmmm....yes... but he also has the Spring! Weeeee i can spring! but oh sh** mario's usin mah spring! Kill that sucka!

Sexy_Raine
Oct 11, 2007, 01:58 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/826/826579p1.html

Confirmed delay for NA Super Smash Bros. brawl for Feb 10th, 2008. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Vitamin_D
Oct 11, 2007, 02:04 PM
Well looks like I was totally owned about the release date haha. Well that sucks, but it gives me a lot more time to find my Wii at least.

Atayin
Oct 11, 2007, 02:41 PM
The two seemingly identical Sonic moves involve different physics. So, I guess where one pops you up in the air, the other ... well... doesn't. Too bad they didn't go into more detail, though. It seems like the many of Sonic's moves (including his grabs) will involve spinning into a ball.

ShinAnt
Oct 11, 2007, 03:05 PM
There's Vids from Nintendo's press conference of the actaul game in motion (fights between Sonic and Link!)

Gamevideos.com has 'em

DizzyDi
Oct 11, 2007, 04:03 PM
http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/15372

Direct link. Its pretty short but its nice to see the game in akshun.

Also another video (http://media.video.ign.com/ev/av.html?dlURL=http://wiimovies.ign.com/wii/video/article/826/826642/ssbrawl_emblemcastlesiege_1_flvhighwide.flv&object_ID=748545).

If you pay attention you can see that it looks like Luigi is an alt costume of Mario. Sorry for all you guys hoping for a separate Luigi.

I guess that means Ness is in too? In a way...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-10-11 14:07 ]</font>

Moo2u
Oct 11, 2007, 06:52 PM
Maaan...Luigi always gets the short end of the stick!

Para
Oct 11, 2007, 07:23 PM
gamevideos and IGN has videos. But check IGN's preview.. their preview was pretty damn good compared to som eother sites like gamespot which I thought was a pretty shitty review.

EJ
Oct 11, 2007, 07:51 PM
Hell IGN and 1 up have better preview than gamespot with their half ass preview.

zentetsua
Oct 11, 2007, 09:24 PM
here here!

Immortal44
Oct 11, 2007, 10:11 PM
have they shown any of the alt-colours for lucas? I hope some of the alt-colours are different costumes (ex. ness a costume of lucas with black hair and hat). and I hope that there are more than just 4 or 5 colour variations. I geuss I will have to wait and see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Immortal44 on 2007-10-11 20:12 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Oct 11, 2007, 10:34 PM
That's definitely not the color combination Luigi had. It looks like the green suited mario from the previous games.

Atayin
Oct 11, 2007, 10:52 PM
At this point, I'd say that if I could have any one classic Nintendo character added to this game that I want...

it would be Chrono.
You thought I was going to say Megaman? Fooled ya...
Geno would be a nice surprise, too. But that's just not SquareEnix style.

SquareEnix: "Sure. We'll put one of our characters in Brawl. But only if you agree to make the game much more dissapointing to loyal fans. Oh and also pay us more money then we deserve. We want the kitchen sink, too. Because thats how we roll."

Moo2u
Oct 11, 2007, 11:10 PM
I still want Little Mac.
http://mtvgames.typepad.com/mtv_video_games_blog/images/2007/04/17/punchout1.png

BTW, one of Link's costumes is Dark Link. Just thought people should know.

Randomness
Oct 12, 2007, 03:25 PM
Feb 10. ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Zorafim
Oct 12, 2007, 05:01 PM
Snapshot feature.

**** yeah.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 12, 2007, 08:31 PM
this video reveals some items and such!
assist trophy: Advance Wars
Smash Ball: Super Sonic!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At6XYXirQ3M

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-10-12 18:36 ]</font>

Dre_o
Oct 12, 2007, 11:56 PM
On 2007-10-12 18:31, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
this video reveals some items and such!
assist trophy: Advance Wars

Well, in that video I saw 2 things I wanted:

Advanced Wars, and Pokeballs. <-- sure, almost a given, but still, hadn't seen any yet.

Moo2u
Oct 13, 2007, 03:25 PM
Actually I'm pretty sure pokeballs were announced a while ago... (http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/mball/index.html)

I frankly don't mind the wait. Nintendo has proved to me over and over again that delaying a game only makes it better.

DizzyDi
Oct 13, 2007, 03:44 PM
The Cracker Launcher!
Boy I can't wait to shoot some Middle-Class Suburban Teens at my opponents!

zentetsua
Oct 13, 2007, 04:29 PM
lmao http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BigBadWolf
Oct 15, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-10-13 14:29, zentetsua wrote:
lmao http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Genoa
Oct 15, 2007, 11:17 PM
Geno ! Come on D;
No Megaman plz, Megaman's best fighter was Marvel vs. Capcom, I liked him there >___>
They probably wouldn't want to add X because then everyone would want Zero too, and they can't just add Zero because X is technically the main character =/

I want more windwaker Link >=0

So how about that Ocarina of Time Medley? Pretty awesome stuff....

zentetsua
Oct 16, 2007, 01:03 AM
yay! i get to announce an update! (edit)
hey new update! new pork city! it's a huge lvl like the adventure mode temple, maybe bigger! i wish i could post pics but the wii 2 what i know can't. so could some1 w/ a computer post it plz?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zentetsua on 2007-10-15 23:05 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Oct 16, 2007, 02:24 AM
I say Megaman Zero, w/ the little weapon snagger hand to steal people's items! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Skett
Oct 16, 2007, 02:25 AM
On 2007-10-15 23:03, zentetsua wrote:
so could some1 w/ a computer post it plz?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage14/stage14_071015a-l.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/images/stage14/stage14_071015b-l.jpg

"Empire Porky"?

zentetsua
Oct 16, 2007, 02:52 PM
thx skett, sometimes it's hard trying to do everything on a wii. the flash player lvl on the wii is lvl 7, it kinda sux but i deal with it's online downsides well @ least i can do enough of wut i need to. ( eg the dojo, mail an whatnot )

Powder Keg
Oct 17, 2007, 12:46 AM
Horray another delay..... o_x

Weeaboolits
Oct 17, 2007, 02:50 AM
http://mojo.rick-gardiner.com/en_us/characters/bomberman.html

From a parody site, but I would like to see this, actually.

Moo2u
Oct 17, 2007, 08:37 PM
I'd rather see this... (http://mojo.rick-gardiner.com/en_us/characters/billcosby.html)

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-10-17 18:37, Moo2u wrote:
I'd rather see this... (http://mojo.rick-gardiner.com/en_us/characters/billcosby.html)

Though I agree, I kind of want this. (http://www.silvestris.net/compcandy/wallpapers/wp-zoras.jpg)

Sayara
Oct 18, 2007, 08:29 AM
LIL MAC CONFIRMED

as an assist character http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zorafim
Oct 18, 2007, 01:32 PM
On 2007-10-11 21:10, Moo2u wrote:
http://mtvgames.typepad.com/mtv_video_games_blog/images/2007/04/17/punchout1.png

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/images/assist10/assist10_071018f-l.jpg

Dre_o
Oct 18, 2007, 04:06 PM
I just want to make sure we're all clear:

Lil Mac is an ASSIST TROPHY, NOT A PLAYABLE CHARACTER.

Just to prevent any rumors from starting.

Zorafim
Oct 18, 2007, 04:22 PM
Like that rumor that Lyn is an assist trophy.
*cry*

Moo2u
Oct 18, 2007, 04:30 PM
Well...at least I was right about him being in the game...
I hope when he punches his final blow he makes the classic NES sound effects! You know, the "WooawooaWOOOOW!"

Sayara
Oct 18, 2007, 04:36 PM
I'd rather that BLOOOOGGBLOOOOGBRIIGGGHHT when he does Star Punches.

Bot-Bot
Oct 19, 2007, 10:09 PM
WHEN I SAW LITTLE MAC I ALMOST POOPED MY PANTS...

THEN I SAW HE WASN'T A PLAYABLE CHARACTER...

THEN I POOPED MY PANTS.

Moo2u
Oct 19, 2007, 11:41 PM
You, sir....need to change your pants...

omegapirate2k
Oct 20, 2007, 01:04 AM
I don't care what you guys think the thing I'm most psyched about in brawl is the peach blossom.

Zorafim
Oct 20, 2007, 01:54 AM
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/peach/peach_071019a.jpg

Be warned, she plans on devouring your soul.

DizzyDi
Oct 20, 2007, 01:56 AM
Figures a woman's special move would be to put you to sleep.
ZING!

Vitamin_D
Oct 20, 2007, 11:58 AM
On 2007-10-19 23:56, DizzyDi wrote:
Figures a woman's special move would be to put you to sleep.
ZING!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 20, 2007, 02:10 PM
a bunch of Final Smashes... with annoying girl commentary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9bqdOH3js0

THE JACKEL

Zorafim
Oct 20, 2007, 03:27 PM
The smashes don't really seem all that balanced. Peaches doesn't really seem much more than a free hit, and Pikachu's seems like it hardly does damage. Fox's, however, covers most the screen and runs over anything that isn't.

Weeaboolits
Oct 20, 2007, 03:28 PM
Holy crap, the Landmaster! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Tact
Oct 20, 2007, 04:04 PM
On 2007-10-20 13:27, Zorafim wrote:
The smashes don't really seem all that balanced. Peach's doesn't really seem much more than a free hit, and Pikachu's seems like it hardly does damage. Fox's, however, covers most the screen and runs over anything that isn't.

You're forgetting the fact that the spawned peaches heal you. Depending on how much each one heals, that can make a big difference.

SuperChoco
Oct 20, 2007, 04:59 PM
Sakurai also mentions that te landmaster may have difficulty turning

PhotonDrop
Oct 20, 2007, 10:52 PM
I'm still waiting on the Duck Hunt assist trophy.

DizzyDi
Oct 20, 2007, 11:18 PM
I'm waiting to see what they do with Ganondorf. I hope they give him a big two handed sword this time with some awesome magics.

Zorafim
Oct 21, 2007, 12:06 AM
On 2007-10-20 21:18, DizzyDi wrote:
I'm waiting to see what they do with Ganondorf. I hope they give him a big two handed sword this time with some awesome magics.

Please?

Moo2u
Oct 21, 2007, 12:54 AM
Seeing as how they're going with Twilight Princess Link and Zelda, that's probably very likely.

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 21, 2007, 01:03 AM

I'm waiting to see that he isn't in the game as a playable character

THE JACKEL

DizzyDi
Oct 21, 2007, 01:34 AM
On 2007-10-20 23:03, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

I'm waiting to see that he isn't in the game as a playable character

THE JACKEL

Thats not nice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Moo2u
Oct 21, 2007, 08:58 AM
Nah, he's totally going to be. Smash needs more villain characters, and he's one of Nintendo's most well known villains.

PhotonDrop
Oct 21, 2007, 02:43 PM
I could swear Sakurai said everyone from Melee would be returning.

Sexy_Raine
Oct 21, 2007, 02:50 PM
I hope not! Pichu is better off staying dead. They already have most of the important characters from melee returning.

As long as I have Fox, I don't care who else comes back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zorafim
Oct 21, 2007, 03:10 PM
Pichu was rather useless. I don't know why they bothered to add him, besides the humiliation factor. And even then, isn't that was Jigglypuff was for?

Weeaboolits
Oct 21, 2007, 03:27 PM
I liked pichu, actually. His headbut was a lot better than pikachu's

Also, if Ganondorf makes it in, maybe his final smash'll be pig Gannon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-10-21 13:31 ]</font>

AlexCraig
Oct 21, 2007, 03:49 PM
On 2007-10-21 13:27, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Also, if Ganondorf makes it in, maybe his final smash'll be pig Gannon. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-10-21 13:31 ]</font>

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/Faedeur_Onarcius/Zelda/GanondorfDragmire-1.jpg
Hell yeah!