PDA

View Full Version : PSO-DC: need 2 choose a character.

zentetsua
Sep 13, 2007, 11:07 PM
me and shadic got v1&2 today and we can't decide on which one so we're making a poll, be sure to say why for stratagies. it will last for three (3) days we will check the next day to see what u have said.-zentetsua
LET THE RATING BEGEN!!!- n_n shadic

Haze87
Sep 14, 2007, 04:17 AM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Haze87 on 2007-09-15 13:12 ]</font>

DC_PLAYER
Sep 14, 2007, 09:50 AM
can't recover hp, ver.2 has not those features
traps only in ultimate mode also

racaseal is pure failure, once you get to ultimate you will suffer

i recomend either a force or a humar or hunewearl
forces are good up to vhard mode, techs gain an insane amount of range and effects in superior levels like lvl 25, forces will be the only ones in ultimate that will do a decent damage, it will be hard to defeat bosses and some criatures, but once the mst is maxed and techs are lvl 28 or so, it will be alot easier

humars are like GOD's creations, they use shifta and deband, so they can surpass hucast attack power and deffense abiliity, it is what i use, plus techs like reverser or grants may help alot (my grants does +500 damage in vhard ruins, great for gunners or falz)

hunewearls are a weaker version of the humar, but have a superior tech damage, great to help you kill in ultimate.

resuming, at normal/vhard the game will not differ much, at ultimate mode i advice you to use this faq
http://www.ragol.co.uk/guides/EEyuuVVFZpFwGlTGuf.shtml
also if you are a hunter, try and not get a redria id, they are the only ones that don't get the imperial pick weapon, this weapon has a very good power and an insane ata, even a humar will not miss hard attacks

toly369
Sep 15, 2007, 02:32 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Humars on DC get shifta and deband and grants and reverser!?!?!

*Looks at his GC Humar and mutters profanities at Sonic Team*

DC_PLAYER
Sep 15, 2007, 06:21 AM
here, check my humar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZkLp-Wts2s

zentetsua
Sep 15, 2007, 12:34 PM
O_O what were u using at the start? a custom ray ver00? oops i forgot to post yesterday =_=; uuumm well day 2 encounting it's not looking to bad so far not sayian n_n it will be tho well i will post again on the final day there's still one day 2 vote so i'll see it then. until next time do the mario!-the super mario bros. super show

DC_PLAYER
Sep 15, 2007, 01:03 PM
red handgun
vhard rares, at least 99.9% of them suck in ultimate mode, you can get one with good % to help you but they will fail if you compare with ultimate finds.
the red handgun i used not only has a good ata and atp but also has big %

Arcyon
Sep 15, 2007, 02:07 PM
FOmarl?
RAmarl?
HUcaseal?
You missed three http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
HUcast have got to be the best for ATP. They've got really good DFP, but their ATP isn't all that good. Still, they're my personal favourite =]

Otis_Kat
Sep 15, 2007, 02:38 PM
On 2007-09-15 12:07, Arcyon wrote:
FOmarl?
RAmarl?
HUcaseal?
You missed three http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
PSO for the DC didn't have those classes. They didn't show up until the GC version.

Arcyon
Sep 15, 2007, 03:10 PM
Gah! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
I never knew that. Werid =]
Sorry about that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Haze87
Sep 15, 2007, 03:15 PM
[quote]On 2007-09-14 07:50, DC_PLAYER wrote:
can't recover hp, ver.2 has not those features
traps only in ultimate mode also

racaseal is pure failure, once you get to ultimate you will suffer

I didnt see he said it was for Dreamcast, i thought it was for gc , sorry about that

and also Racaseal is not useless my friend Robin has a RAcaseal on lv 200( on gc ) , and he never had any problem with it

DC_PLAYER
Sep 15, 2007, 03:31 PM
racaseal has a problem in ultimate
LOW ATP (if you dn't beleive me, go to bestiary and check ultimate ruins dfp values of the criatures in ver.2 and gc, the ones of ver.2 are more then 2X higher), even with uber weapons and % that char will not get close to hunters, it's a really hard char to play, but it has advantages on dfp and evp and also hp.

it a team with a lvl 30 shifta the atp problem is out of the equation

if you get a racaseal, try and get a good a good id, check ver.2 drop charts on this site and decide wich id has the common drops for weapons that may be usefull to you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DC_PLAYER on 2007-09-15 13:33 ]</font>

PSOWii
Sep 15, 2007, 07:21 PM
Just get a Gamecube PSO
Pros-3 more characters one for each class, a few more outfit colors, 4 main characters 3 temp. characters a total of 7 on 1 memory card, more quests, more items, the ability to transfer between Ep.1 and Ep.2 at will

Cons-Spell limitations, weapon limitation

zentetsua
Sep 16, 2007, 01:36 AM
ummm...psowii i have the gc ver in the mail, i also have pso for the xbox. i recently got ver. 1&2 because me & shadic like the old skool games as well. so i already knew about what u said and i also know how 2 get the alt. costumes 4 the classes on the dc, but u prolly didn't know that so i'm not holding it against u.

shadic
Sep 16, 2007, 01:48 AM
HUmar basic character!not 2 make a flame u_u.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 16, 2007, 07:26 AM
gc has more stuff, that does not make it better.
ver.2 is simply a different version, % work in a different way, there are items that don't exist on.

here, taken from this site, enjoy:
take the info and adpt to bb
What's new in Episode 1 & 2? Many things, for example:

Mags

- New GC mags - MAGs don't lose synchro when joining new team.
- MAGs lose 5% synchro when you die, even if revived.
- MAGs can't be sold.
- Mags have a 4th evolution.

Characters

- 3 new character classes.
- Fomar, Hucasceal & Ramarl.
- Androids can use traps in all modes.
- Androids can regain HP when standing still.
- Newmans can regain TP when standing still

Techniques

- Shifta and deband won't over-ride current shifta/deband if it's a lower level.
- Shifta and Deband won't overright Jellen and Zalure if its a lower level, same holds true for the reverse.
Techniques now have new strength/power stats and uses different MST amounts.
- Cant jellen a Sinow Red if your Jellen is lower than his shifta - Anti up to Lvl 7.
- Female non Force techs goes up to Lvl 20.
- RAmar-lv 15 techs-No Jellen/Zalure.
- HUmar-lv 15 techs-No Shifta/Deband.
- Non FO tech users-No Reverser/Megid/Grants

Look

- Redesigned Pioneer 2 in Episode 2.
- New interface designs.
- Dozens more new costumes.
- Few more hairstyles

Technical

- Broadband PSO officially supported.
- Can add/delete ISP info from the game itself-Because of no stand alone Gamecube Web Browser.
- Official Snapshot support.
- 4 characters per memory card.
- The game can be played online on multiple systems-No more one game to one system restrictions.
- The camera no longer auto-revolves back to behind your character as it did in the DC versions

- 4 Player Offline split screen-Regular game/Challenge mode/Battle Mode

Music

- New music-old music as well from past Sega games.
- You can now buy music CD's to change the background music.

Monsters

- Gran Sorceror in Ult Ruins shoots Grants and Megid.
- Chaos Sorcerer in the VR Spaceship cats Gazonde.
- New bosses/mini bosses-Episode 2.
- Love Rappy in episode 2 temple.
- Rare! Bosses-different variations.
- Rare enemies more common

Levels

- 4 new levels to Episode 2-with substages.
- New story for Episode 2.
- When you defeat Falz on hard and vhard (prolly ult aw well), towards the end of the credits rolling, when you're being shown pictures of your character and mag defeating various enemies and bosses

Modes

- Challenge mode is easier with higher efficiency weapons

Loading Screen

- Holding up or down on the c-stick while traveling through a pipe changes the speed you travel.
- Holding left or right on the control stick moves the pipe, too.
- Pressing A will change the colors of the swirls when loading a quest.
- Mouse trailer on loading screen bounces off the edges.

Lobby

- X+A and X+B in the lobby will make you sit in a chair in one of two positions. Pressing A will - scoot your chair forward.
- New Lobby Designs.
- New areas in lobbies(ledges,outer circle).
- New lobby keyboard animations.
- Only 2 soccer/go-go-ball lobbies-Lobby 14 & 15

Weapons/ Armor/ Items

- Many new added rares.
- ALL rare weapons have been modeled into unique characteristic look.
- Partisans can now be used by Rangers (don't know about Forces though).
- (At least)Two new weapon types-two saber type (Musashi, Yamato, G-Assasin's sabers) and - Photon Launcher type (Photon Launcher, Guilty Light).
- New looks for the three rare weapons for each normal weapon type. (the ones who originally just had Green/blue, red/purple, and green/gold photon colors).
- Item drops scale up slower. example: pallasch is not available until late in hard mode, rather than the end of normal.
- Frames and armor are much less meseta in shop.
- Arm units have been scaled back.
- Photon efficiency on weapons upped to 100%.
- GOD units very hard to find (found god/body off nar lilly. Rare enemy drops only?)
- Photon drops and spheres are new items. Currently, photon spheres can't be used, but keep them in your bank for later
- There is no hit materials
- There is no State/Maintenance

Misc.

- To break out of being frozen tap left and right real fast on your analog stick.
- New information page changed into a flash page when you log in.
- You can be banned for inappropriate symbol chats.
- GBA to GC download games-Same as the Sonic Adventure 2 Battle download(only one currently) from Fake in Yellow Quest.
- Trade window. Pressing X when an item to selected with the trade window or quick select menu - will show its stats.
- Dmg traps don't do a pre-determined amount.
- Meseta amounts in boxes and monster drops are smaller.
- Opening quick select menus allows you to run through traps.
- You no longer drop your weapon when you die, you just lose all the meseta your carrying.
- Storage bank holds 200 items.
- Higher priced Hunter's License=$8.95 a month.
- Debit/check cards work now

things i like in ver.2, % affect the entire atp, freeze model is the most realistic, lvl 30 rabarta is uber uge, ability to get lvl 0 mags, state maintenance, hit materials, invencibility on mags lasts 20 X more, good weapons are common, uber enemys and bosses(last boss has incredible effects and animations)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DC_PLAYER on 2007-09-16 05:31 ]</font>

zentetsua
Sep 17, 2007, 01:45 AM
day 3
the final length of time is fast approching so far it's hucast by 1 vote and if there's a tie wii will flip a coin. we wont play favourites which ever is on top is heads and vice versa. i will post again later after it's over with more detail.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 17, 2007, 05:50 AM
hucast is great, great atack power to begin and probably the only char were you can do normal mode in just 1 run (beat forest then go to caves, then mines, the ruins....)
in ultimate with plenty of atp he will do some damage, something that any other char will not do

zentetsua
Sep 17, 2007, 11:47 AM
ok it looks like hucast is the winner! i will create another thread that's for this character for some tips/stratagies. consider this thread locked from here