PDA

View Full Version : Question about Spread Needle

eXo
Dec 29, 2002, 05:41 AM
Hi everyone i was just wondering if someone could clear up one of my mysteries i have been playing for what many would consider to be more then healthy hours at a time over 400 *LOL* ok its not that much but im getting up the so far i have found abunch of good weapons but not the one that im looking for can anyone give me some advice on where to find and spread needle or heavens punisher (^_^) thats .BTW i know those where the 2 most dominating guns on pso dreamcast are they still that great? and if not then what is the new must have gun thanks to everyone in advance for there help it is greatly appreciated .

P.S man why wont the chaos bringer drop his arm ? lol

TeamPhalanx
Dec 29, 2002, 06:33 AM
SPREAD NEEDLE, while still good, isn't a dominant as it was in the past. Try Ultimate Ruins if you want one.

I was felt that a RAnger armed with either a FROZEN SHOOTER or SNOW QUEEN is the best at supporting the team. When going solo or when looking to take an enemy out, I think the YASMINKOV 9000M is still best weapon (Mechgun with Rifle range).

Still, don't let the very rare items fool you, as you'll do fine with 9* weapons such as a JUSTY or FINAL IMPACT.

eXo
Dec 29, 2002, 04:53 PM
Thanks team phalanx and i have one more question for you what about the red scorpio is that any good?

Blue-Hawk
Dec 29, 2002, 04:56 PM
heres a new mystery for ya exo. the mystery of the missing punctuation.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 29, 2002, 07:09 PM
It's a PHOTON LAUNCHER weapon... They're nice toys, but rifles are better weapons, since it's not really all that common to have all the enemies lined up behind one another.

Personally, I like the Shotgun/Rifle combination.

FH_PhoenixFlame
Dec 29, 2002, 07:37 PM
I agree Phalanx, when I have a Frozen shooter it seems like I help the overal team quiet a bit. Also, Spread Needles are wonderful, I have one and its sooo great, when I'm makin letter from lionel runs ( i get frozens from hildetorrs) it helps SO much, I can take on any ammount of enemies, and still kick their bootays

Sapphire87
Dec 30, 2002, 08:24 PM
The Spread Needle is basically a God-like weapon in the sense that it has the power, range, and speed of a rifle, yet with the ability to hit 5 enemies at once like a shot. The main drawback of the weapon, however, is that it teaches you some very bad habits. It's so easy to use and so effective against multiple enemies that you don't learn important fighting techniques such as evasion and positioning. These are skills that any good hunter learns through practice. Without this experience, one becomes too dependent on needles and these are usually the players who have the most difficulty in C-mode with the adjustments that have to be made as a result of their bad habits.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 30, 2002, 09:06 PM
Actually, the NEEDLE has been changed...

It no longer has the range & power of a rifle.

The range is closer to that of a Shotgun (if not less) and the power is actually lower than some of the more uncommon handguns you find in the game.

Seph5172
Dec 31, 2002, 12:22 AM
Its still nice when you need to hit a bunch of enemies... especially in the sense that a HU's can use it, but aside from that theres always partisan and sword weapons for that same purpose.

I myself find myself using a petty VARISTA, even though I have an AGITO and YAMATO, not that those are good, but i find the range difference good http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Munki
Dec 31, 2002, 12:25 AM
I was under the impression that the NEEDLE was RA only now... I don't have one so I can't check it myself. I believe I had read about it on this board somewhere though...

Spread Needles got WAAAAAAAAAAY powered down from DC... which is a good thing

Seph5172
Dec 31, 2002, 12:29 AM
yeah, i think while i played on the DC the spread needle was a bit too good and i kind of found myself getting a little too dependent.

I have a question, is endless nightmare in the ruins (the very last one i think) still good for leveling? Because i got the level 100 doing them on vhard on the DC, but now I dont know. And im hoping Ultimate endless runs will get me to level 200, unless theres a better way.

Also, offline, whats the best place to level up as a level 64 HUmar? I cant find in vhard on the ruins very well, but i can fight through them. forest-mines are all pretty easy, but mines annoy me.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 31, 2002, 08:09 AM
In general, the best places to level up offline are:

Mines
Ruins
Fake In Yellow
Addicting Food
Doc's Secret Plan