PDA

View Full Version : Cosidering Gamecube Plus version... Before I do that...

xikr0n
Sep 15, 2007, 11:29 PM
I am currently playing v.2 on the Dreamcast and after doing some reading up I am considering buying the Gamecube version. Since my focus of gameplay only revolves around offline play this is why I am considering moving to Gamecube. I have read numerous reviews on the Plus version and I am a bit confused about some things and had some questions before I bothered buying it.

First, since I am going to be playing offline my main concern is what gameplay, areas, items, quests are available to the offline portion of the game compared to the online version? For example...

1. Are all the new areas available to the offline portion or are there areas only playable online?
2. Can the online quests also be played offline and how many new quests are there offline?
3. I noticed in one review I read that in ver.2 there are no hunter guild quests? Is that true?

Frankly, what I am trying to figure out is how much content that was available online is also available offline and exactly what the difference is...

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xikr0n on 2007-09-15 21:30 ]</font>

Scales_of_Air
Sep 16, 2007, 12:01 AM
1. All of the same areas online are available offline, and vice versa. You have access to (Ep.I) Forest, Caves, Mines, Ruins, (Ep.II) Temple, Spaceship, Central Control Area (Seaside, Jungle, Mountain, and Towers), and the Seabed.

2. The online quests such as the Mop Up series and Phantasmal World series are only available online. Since SEGA servers are down you will have to go elsewhere for online play, the details of which we cannot discuss on this forum.

You have access offline to Ep.I quests here: http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=476 in addition to Central Dome Fire Swirl, and Ep.II Seat of the Heart, East Tower, and West Tower.

3. Since you play ver.2, can't you answe that better than I? Is there a typo here?

If I can clarify anything more, please ask =D

xikr0n
Sep 16, 2007, 12:43 AM
To clarify my number "3." question I will mention that I am playing the Dreamcast v2 offline right now so the "Ep.II Seat of the Heart, East Tower, and West Tower" are not available to me. I was wondering if they or any others were available offline in the Gamecube version which they seem to be as you mentioned.

james_b
Sep 16, 2007, 11:52 PM
The currently online only quests such as Seat of the Heart, East Tower and West Tower and will therefore be available for offline play. No other online quest will be available.

http://pso-world.com/psoplus.php

Scales_of_Air
Sep 17, 2007, 03:44 PM
On 2007-09-15 22:43, xikr0n wrote:
To clarify my number "3." question I will mention that I am playing the Dreamcast v2 offline right now so the "Ep.II Seat of the Heart, East Tower, and West Tower" are not available to me. I was wondering if they or any others were available offline in the Gamecube version which they seem to be as you mentioned.

Yes, you have read correctly my friend, these three are the only Episode II quests available offline, and I have two offline Ragol Rings to credit that statement (which one earns through a subplot spanning Episode I quests into Ep.II).

Have fun!

toly369
Sep 18, 2007, 03:09 PM
Couldn't have answered those questions better myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif. I only have one offline Ragol Ring however =(.