PDA

View Full Version : Gi-Techs-Are They Worth It?

DonRoyale
Sep 16, 2007, 12:18 AM
I want to know if any of the Gi-Techs are worth it, other than the obvious Gizonde, because if so, I'm trying to get my chars some good techniques and whatnot.

Let me know what you think of the gi-techs. I see a lot of people using Gifoie lately...>.>

Aries2384
Sep 16, 2007, 12:21 AM
I use the gi-techs alot. The groups of enemies such as volfu and badira can be decimated by gi-spells when used by high lvls. Not to mention, they hit all around you. Worst thing about dam-techs is when the enemies get around you. They do chew up your pp though. They are worth it in my opinion. I just havent leveled any of the Zonde class techs. I find Zonde-anything useless. I don't run moatoob. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mayu
Sep 16, 2007, 01:21 AM
Yes

They are

Umberger
Sep 16, 2007, 01:22 AM
On 2007-09-15 23:21, Mayu wrote:
Yes

They are

Indeed...if only for the fact that they hit six targets.

Kion
Sep 16, 2007, 02:01 AM
yep, yep definately worth it. 6 targets at close range plus knockbak and SE; you really can't ask for more.

Vuman
Sep 16, 2007, 08:56 AM
I'm having difficulty using these techs as a female newman at level 17 on the newer missions on C. Should I just run Unsafe Passage C until the Gi spells are level 11?

DonRoyale
Sep 16, 2007, 09:49 AM
Vuman, a tip on levelling them: Plains Overlord. The safe spots there can help you level almost any attack tech without worry of being hit.

Soukosa
Sep 16, 2007, 04:26 PM
It really depends upon what job type you're using and how you play. Under the assumption that you're playing an FT then yes, they're all quite useful once they're leveled up decently.

Umberger
Sep 16, 2007, 04:39 PM
On 2007-09-16 07:49, DonRoyale wrote:
Vuman, a tip on levelling them: Plains Overlord. The safe spots there can help you level almost any attack tech without worry of being hit.

That may be true for some techs, but with Gi- techs...maybe not. Their range is pretty small for 1-10, and you'll probably be standing on the edge of the safe spot to be able to reach your targets. I'd suggest Linear Line C~A depending on how hard the enemies are for you, and use a dark armor of some sort with a Mega / Rainbow. If you need a dark armor, you can buy a Rabol Tero from the NPC, which has 21% dark.

A helpful tip...Force level 10 will have way higher DFP than FT 1 (or even FT 10 for that matter). So if you want, you can just switch back to Force and the enemies won't be murdering you while you're trying to level your techs. If you have WT leveled up, the DFP should be pretty decent with a relatively (compared to FT or Force) low TP modifier. Combine all that with 1* Wands and you'll have your Gi- techs up to 21 in no time. Good luck.

Kion
Sep 16, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-09-16 06:56, Vuman wrote:
I'm having difficulty using these techs as a female newman at level 17 on the newer missions on C. Should I just run Unsafe Passage C until the Gi spells are level 11?

Low level gi- techs have no range and are impossible to hit anything.

Find a decent % dark armor, switch to wartecher, grab a bunch of 2* wands and run linear line B. They'll level up in no time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-09-16 14:54 ]</font>

MSAksion
Sep 16, 2007, 05:47 PM
YES ...And NO.

I use GIZONDE and GIBARTA. But strangely not GiFoie or GiDiga.

Gizonde and Gibarta can hit all around the team. After weakening or possibly statusing up to 6 targets then I myself can target individual enemies while the team cleans up. That's an FT's job to weaken as many in one shot as possible.

GiDiga has INSANE power. But has no status. I can stand back and throw RaDiga if i need to hit with earth. If surrounded i'd rather SHOCK or FREEZE.

GiFoie has lvl 3 burn but i can sit back and throw RaFoie or if i need IMMEDIATE burning i use Damufoie. Damufoie can light enemies on fire waaay faster than rafoie or gifoie.

Also when healing the hunters of the team is easier if you first push enemies away with Gibarta or Gizonde - possibly stopping monsters and then heal in safety.

GiBarta & GiZonde = Yes. Fire one then heal/attack
GiFoie & GiDiga = Nah. I have better choices.