PDA

View Full Version : Mind Giving Me Some Advice?

DonRoyale
Sep 16, 2007, 10:06 AM
Now that I realize that Gi-techs actually have some use, now that I think of it, I could use some advice on what PA's I'm using or not using.

Here's a list of PA's for my four characters.

Shadow
Newman Male

HU3
RA5
FO10

Job 1: Fortetecher
Job 2: Guntecher
Job 3: Acrotecher

Skills:

Rising Strike
Buten Shuren-zan
Renkai Buyon-zan
Hishou Jinren-zan
Whip PA

Bullets:

Fire Bow
Ice Bow
Lightning Bow
Dark Bow
Fire Card
Ice Card
Earth Card
Ice Crossbow
Earth Crossbow
Mayalee Prism

Techs:

Foie
Rafoie
Shifta
Jellen
Barta
Rabarta
Dambarta
Deband
Zalure
Zonde
Gizonde
Noszonde
Zoldial
Zoldeel
Diga
Radiga
Nosdiga
Resta
Reverser
Retirer
Nosmegid

-----

Carpe Diem
CAST Male

HU10
RA5
FO1

Job 1: Fighgunner
Job 2: Fortefighter
Job 3: Acrofighter

Skills:

Tornado Break
Gravity Break
Dus Daggas
Dus Robado
Dus Majarra
Gravity Dance
Tornado Dance
Anga Redda
Anga Durega
Renkai Buyon-zan
Rising Crush
Gravity Strike
Buten Shuren-zan
Shousen Toustan-ga
Whip PA

Bullets:

Twin Burn
Twin Freeze
Twin Grav
Frozen Hit
Grav Hit
Fire Crossbow
Ice Crossbow
Earth Crossbow
Dark Crossbow
Ice Card
Earth Card
Frozen Fury
Grav Fury

-----

Hagane
CAST Male

HU5
RA10
FO5

Job 1: Fortegunner
Job 2: Protranser
Job 3: Guntecher

Skills:

Tornado Break
Gravity Break
Bogga Zubba
Dus Daggas
Dus Robado
Dus Majarra
Anga Redda
Anga Durega

Bullets:

Burning Shot
Frozen Shot
Plasma Shot
Dark Shot
Killer Shot
Fire Shotgun
Ice Shotgun
Dark Shotgun
Fire Bow
Ice Bow
Lightning Bow
Earth Bow
Dark Bow
Ice Grenade
Lightning Grenade
Fire Crossbow
Ice Crossbow
Earth Crossbow
Ice Card
Earth Card
Fire Machinegun
Ice Machinegun

Techs:

Shifta
Deband
Zoldial
Resta
Reverser
Retirer

------

Basilisk
Human Male

HU3
RA5
FO10
Job 1: Guntecher
Job 2: Fortetecher
Job 3: Wartecher

Skills:

Dus Daggas
Renkai Buyon-zan
Buten Shuren-zan

Bullets:

Dark Shot
Dark Shotgun
Fire Bow
Ice Bow
Lightning Bow
Dark Bow
Dark Prism
Mayalee Prism
Twin Dark
Earth Crossbow
Dark Crossbow
Fire Card
Ice Card
Earth Card
Dark Card

Techs:

Foie
Shifta
Dambarta
Deband
Gizonde
Zoldial
Diga
Damdiga
Gidiga
Nosdiga
Resta
Reverser
Retirer
Megid
Ramegid
Dammegid
Nosmegid
Megiverse

Let me know what I should keep, ditch, or add. Thanks for your help. ^.^b

Hrith
Sep 16, 2007, 12:27 PM
Ditch Renkai Buyou-zan, on all three chars.

Boma Inga (lightning grenade) should be discarded for a more useful element like earth.

You have forgotten several of the new PAs. Some may turn out to be really good PAs, so you may have to keep a free PA slot for them.

IsoDonk
Sep 16, 2007, 12:44 PM
For your Fortetecher, I'd choose these:

Foie
Rafoie
Damfoie
Shifta
Jellen
Barta
Rabarta
Dambarta
Deband
Zalure
Zonde
Razonde
Gizonde
Noszonde
Zoldial
Zoldeel
Diga
Radiga
Gidiga
Nosdiga
Resta
Reverser
Retirer
Nosmegid

Obviously it's really all down to your personal preference but I've found all of those to be useful. Rafoie and Razonde will require some levelling though, as they really only become battle-ready at Lv11+.

littleman2347
Sep 16, 2007, 06:06 PM
What wrong with Renkai i find it very usefull at 30 in mobs.

biggabertha
Sep 16, 2007, 08:31 PM
A lot of people have a love/hate relationship with Renkai Buyou-Zan. It's got fast attacks and cheap PP cost (well, it did anyway, I've been told it's more expensive than 12PP per attack now) as well as very little stun or flinch but therein lies the problem.

Without any stunning or flinching, you can get interrupted part way through the combo and since you really want to be using PAs when there's lots of targets around, hitting just two of them isn't going to cut it as well as say, Dus Robado or Tornado Break. Another problem is that there's a pretty low attack modifier for the skill so not only do you have a relatively weak melee weapon, you also have a weak attack modifier.

So there are other twin dagger skills that are better than this skill and get to work much faster and most likely, deal a lot more damage faster. There are very few situations where Renkai Buyou-zan will come in more useful than the other PAs but can you constitute having this PA for just that particular situation?

Still, if you just like spinning and breakdancing, this is a great PA to show off to your friends about how flashy the game can be.

CelestialBlade
Sep 17, 2007, 06:00 AM
Renkai is great for B- and C-rank missions, until you begin to realize you need PAs that can at least Flinch, preferrably Knockdown or Wipeout. In that respect, the second and ultimate Twin Dagger PAs end up being a lot better. You'll appreciate the more utilitarian PAs in S and S2 missions, hardcore.

mizukage
Oct 8, 2007, 10:30 PM
On 2007-09-16 10:27, Hrith wrote:
Ditch Renkai Buyou-zan, on all three chars.

Disagree. There is nothing wrong with Renkai Buyou-zan, its fast attacks can take out 2 monsters in one go. Aside from that, the PP isn't expensive either. It is one of my favorite melee technics, even though I admit that Gifoie is much more useful in situations of being ambushed and surrounded.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 8, 2007, 11:51 PM
Disagree. There is nothing wrong with Renkai Buyou-zan, its fast attacks can take out 2 monsters in one go. Aside from that, the PP isn't expensive either. It is one of my favorite melee technics, even though I admit that Gifoie is much more useful in situations of being ambushed and surrounded.

I'll expand on this. Renkai is fast enough to get hits in on quick enemies who tend to run away (golormos come to mind). It has enough hits on enough enemies in an area of effect to be very damaging per pp spent as a fortefighter, or other high ATP class, and once you get to be high level, or wear heavy DFP armor, the hit from enemies like bardia/ageeta/naval no longer stop your PA.

I have found there are very few PAs that do a good job of catching long/fat/medium sized enemies. Koltova/olaka/Jisharga/Sendelain...rising crush sure doesn't. If I had a 5 meseta for every time one of the volfu I started to work on with RC got away...

but if I can stand in there and take a beating then renkai will unload on volfu, due to the AoE.

finally, daggers are accurate and have a ton of PP. Unlike, say, swords. And renkai is fast. Unlike, say, Dus Robado.

if the expansion elemental %s work like I think they will, twin daggers in general will become less useful.