PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB

DominF
Sep 16, 2007, 10:26 AM
I hate thinking about this as much as the next guy, but since I abandoned the GC version for PSOBB, something's occurred to me. When they shut the PSOBB servers down for good, what does that mean for our characters? I'm sure sega would understand that a LOT of effort has gone into them, yet once PSOBB goes offline there's no way to access them or even see them ever again. Is there any form of compensation (not that I think reparation is in order, it's one great game) planned, like releasing a downloadable offline mode or something?

Ryna
Sep 16, 2007, 10:59 AM
Nothing has been announced and I doubt there will be any form of compensation. Once the servers go down, your character(s) will disappear along with them.

Dudemanozzy
Sep 17, 2007, 01:42 PM
I don't play BB, but i've never heard anything about the BB servers shutting down

DominF
Sep 17, 2007, 01:57 PM
Neither have I, but there will no doubt be a day when they do (and maybe it won't be long with all the problems lately). I was just hoping that maybe there'd be a way to continue the game once the servers go down for us BB players, I don't want to go back to my unreliable GC version.

DC_PLAYER
Sep 17, 2007, 02:39 PM
yep one day the costs of maintenance will not be enouph for the few players that play.
that's a disavantage of the server sided

sum182
Sep 18, 2007, 06:17 PM
They'd probably go poof

ROCKETMAN-PSO
Sep 19, 2007, 12:33 PM
Hard to say what exactly will happen. Quite a few posabilities.

A) merge of the jp server and american

B) Total close down of server for good

C) An updated game will appear, possible with something like ep5? This would probably require a better pc then the min at the moment as they would prob upgrade the graphics on existing quests at the same time. New advertising campain etc.

A lot of this will depend on the future sucess of universe which in it's self doesn't look amazing at the moment. Sega know there is potential large community available but need to get past the problem of freeservers. Think sega will have to put there thinking caps on for that one.

Being realistic the existing server will probably run for up to 2 years from now so a lot could happen between now and then. Estimates on active account holders on pso bb is aprox 200 and average 30 - 50 players on at one time at night.

One big thing about the current players on pso bb is that it really is increadible friendly and a lot of help can be had from people who really love the game.

In some ways it's a good time to join, there is still enough people on to do almost anything and the people who are left and really a great crew.

EDIT: Racial slur removed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2007-09-19 14:30 ]</font>