PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see in PSO Episode III?

BlazingTiger
Dec 29, 2002, 11:58 AM
I would like to see more quests. I would especially like to be able to find characters that would help you out in the offline mode (where you can manage thier items, weapons and armor) and give commands to the characters you obtain on your team. I would also like to see more advanced mags. Mags that actually do something, like shoot lasers or attack enemies as they grow... What would you like to see in episode III?

googles
Dec 29, 2002, 12:04 PM
id like to see this version complete first http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Phobos-X
Dec 29, 2002, 12:11 PM
more action buttons, 6 buttons suck. i was hopin that in PSOX the black and white buttons could be used for actions, but i feel they will either be shortcuts or used for chatting

rena-ko
Dec 29, 2002, 12:16 PM
or for nothing / switch the voiceeffects around ^_^;

no really, more buttons would be really helpful - especially for forces

Rolf_Landale
Dec 29, 2002, 12:31 PM
-More customizable characters
-More shortcut buttons
-More types of weapons
-MORE RARES

Davion
Dec 29, 2002, 02:15 PM
Maybe a lock on system to enemies. It would change the game, but it'd be cool.

rena-ko
Dec 29, 2002, 02:38 PM
impossible duping would be nice

having a little program sitting at the servers manage the whole game, instead of the client doing this... (but this would consume lots of bandwidth afaik)

edit: oha! episode III was meant, not PSO2, i see... well then - another set of areas, but this time bigger and with snow!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-12-29 12:05 ]</font>

jello44
Dec 29, 2002, 02:44 PM
HUmarls, nuff said.

Siegfried
Dec 29, 2002, 03:09 PM
I'd like to see a quest with Rico as your partner. Like she wanted recover data from the Episode 1 ragol continent. But I doubt that'll happen.

Maelkith
Dec 29, 2002, 03:18 PM
evil looking alternate character skins, like battle damaged spiky racasts and undead looking hucasts

raw costumes with accessories purchased to personalize your character

hovering forces who chant while casting

quest based games that are more than just retrieval and defeat. instead of four or five areas to clear, you play sequential quests. all quests would be tied together to make a linear story.

weapon grinding/merging (saber+12 becomes brand) --grinders and merges are earned in quests and not dropped. special rare producing grinders/merges are earned in side quests. base weapons are purchased. raising a weapon would be like raising a mag.

server side saving

Davion
Dec 29, 2002, 03:18 PM
Smarter NPCs. I hated having them just stand behind me. The ones with guns were the only really helpful ones.

G-Assassin
Dec 29, 2002, 04:00 PM
More areas, but none exhaustingly long like Caves and Ruins. Better enemy diversity, and no traps when there's a ton of enemies around. Also a more solid plot would be nice instead of stopping every time I see a light on the floor... and some minigames.

ALPHAM0F0
Dec 29, 2002, 04:04 PM
New planet, new bad guy (not dark force/ falz)
completely customizable chara's like what FF11 is supposed to be like.
and i liked the chanting while casting idea

Blenjar
Dec 29, 2002, 04:57 PM
On 2002-12-29 09:31, Rolf_Landale wrote:
-More customizable characters
-More shortcut buttons
-More types of weapons
-MORE RARES

what he said and
-Mag that shot lazer like he said 2.
-More mag.
-Higher lv, not lv 200 but lv 500!!
-Character lv 500!

geewj
Dec 29, 2002, 05:04 PM
battle returned to its dc pso state.

Phobos-X
Dec 29, 2002, 05:21 PM
On 2002-12-29 11:44, jello44 wrote:
HUmarls, nuff said.

HUnewm's too!!

mystic_knight
Dec 29, 2002, 06:06 PM
On 2002-12-29 14:21, Phobos-X wrote:

HUmarls, nuff said.

HUnewm's too!!

I wanna FOcast!

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Dec 29, 2002, 06:13 PM
It'd be pretty cool to see new weapon types, as well as some kind of new action. Mags shootin lazers and shit would be cool too.

Kayumi
Dec 29, 2002, 06:35 PM
quest based games that are more than just retrieval and defeat. instead of four or five areas to clear, you play sequential quests. all quests would be tied together to make a linear story.

I don't think THAT'll ever happen. Not to mention that the non-linear storytelling style PSO has used so far is quite nice thank you very much.

I've already posted two or three times in various threads about what I'd like to see...

Blenjar
Dec 29, 2002, 06:46 PM
On 2002-12-29 15:06, mystic_knight wrote:

On 2002-12-29 14:21, Phobos-X wrote:

HUmarls, nuff said.

HUnewm's too!!

I wanna FOcast!

Hucast!, Fomar!, and Ramar!

CajunSamurai
Dec 29, 2002, 07:06 PM
Personally, I think PSO has been refined, revised and almost PERFECTED in PSO Episode 1&2, so I'd personally like to see a complete overhaul and a "true" sequel to PSO. I honestly cannot think of much, apart from the obvious things such as more weapons etc., that Sonic Team could add in a new upgrade.
I'd like a new engine, new everything... One can only play the same game for so long, and after two years, I'm getting a little weary. I think. Hell, I could play this game for another year or two, what am I saying?
But really, I hope Sonic Team busts out a brand new PSO next. Likely? Probably not, but it's difficult for me to imagine how much they could improve upon Episode 1&2.

DirewolfX
Dec 29, 2002, 07:13 PM
The following refinements I think would be key:

More customizable buttons.
A more refined targetting system--allow "lock-ons" and to cycle through targets.

Of course, new areas and new equipment are a given, I'd also like to see the following:

HUmarl and HUnewm classes to finish up the HU classes and a new race (I want to see catgirls ^_~ and a friend suggested Half-Rappies) with two RA and two FO classes (no HU classes).

New techniques... preferably Status-affecting techniques an a damage-based Dark tech.

More customization in creating and 'dressing' your character... perhaps multiple models per a character type? Even just allowing characters to use models from the same race (i.e. FOnewearls that look like HUnewearls) would be cool. To reduce confusion, have information about class appear above the character (like in the lobbies) or in the status bar area.

AxTheFish
Dec 29, 2002, 11:29 PM
What do I want? I want a full PSO sequel most of all.
Other things, though, would be:
-The addition of new character species' (I want Motavians and Dezorians!)
-New techs, maybe stuff like status-affect causing spells, like mentioned above.
-More download quests and stuff like that.
-Lots of new hairs, faces, etc. for all the characters.
-All barriers and frames visible in some way. (this may be hard to make each uniqiue but any effort would be cooler than no indication except for the blocking aniamtion)
Umm, that's all I can think of right now. I don't have many problems with the standard PSO gameplay and it's way of revealing the story.

Tavia
Dec 29, 2002, 11:37 PM
HUmarls, nuff said.

I dunno... if HUmarls resembled that modern-day jogger-looking chick I've seen the official sketches of, it doesn't seem that appetizing to me. I would rather have the HUnewm. That's a real RPG-esque character there, the token "big guy".

PhoenixStryker
Dec 30, 2002, 01:47 AM
Yeah, definately server-side saving(even tho I haven't been online yet, I don't want to suffer an FSOD), I mean, blizzard servers are free, and I only know of one incident where people lost stuff on Diablo 2. Target cycling, which was also already said. It'd be kool to have like a target reticle or something that u move around with the c-stick, or just strafe and look around with both sticks.

Vantamiath
Dec 30, 2002, 02:59 AM
OK, here would be the perfect PSO...

-Imagine being able to use vehicles in some levels, such as Halo...can you imagine 4 PSO ppl crusing down the seaside level?!

-Way more in depth create a character, such as "modifying" colors in specific parts..facial hair...anything you can think of.

-I loved the idea from the person above about weapon merging, where grinding would update to the next best weapon. (not for rares though)

-If every single weapon looked unique, not just a different color.

-Imagine if Pioneer 2 was the lobby, but could hold more people at once...imagine a bigger city with shops and other cool things..such as a resturant where you sit and can chat..(omg im drooling)

-What if from the VERY first time you play offline, you get to choose 3 randomly generated NPCS to play with you (smarter NPCs of course), and maybe if you wanted a droid you would have to purchase them?

-What if all the enemies you killed stayed where they died? Instead of dissapearing into the ground?

-More death animations.

-Changing weather conditions.

-More techs--and fire techs that actually LIGHT enemys on fire.

I could go on forever...can you even imagine what PSO could become?

hucasts_rock
Dec 30, 2002, 03:19 AM
On 2002-12-29 23:59, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:

-Imagine being able to use vehicles in some levels, such as Halo...can you imagine 4 PSO ppl crusing down the seaside level?!

-Way more in depth create a character, such as "modifying" colors in specific parts..facial hair...anything you can think of.

-I loved the idea from the person above about weapon merging, where grinding would update to the next best weapon. (not for rares though)

-Imagine if Pioneer 2 was the lobby, but could hold more people at once...imagine a bigger city with shops and other cool things..such as a resturant where you sit and can chat..(omg im drooling)

-What if from the VERY first time you play offline, you get to choose 3 randomly generated NPCS to play with you (smarter NPCs of course), and maybe if you wanted a droid you would have to purchase them?

-What if all the enemies you killed stayed where they died? Instead of dissapearing into the ground?

-More death animations.

O_O i'd play PSO for a loonng time with those improvements...I think the should create a new class..that would be cool...like a class that could hover in the air with wings...and named the AR class that can obtain weapons that drop bombs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif...

BlazingTiger
Dec 30, 2002, 09:38 AM
On 2002-12-29 12:18, Maelkith wrote:
evil looking alternate character skins, like battle damaged spiky racasts and undead looking hucasts

raw costumes with accessories purchased to personalize your character

hovering forces who chant while casting

weapon grinding/merging (saber+12 becomes brand) --grinders and merges are earned in quests and not dropped. special rare producing grinders/merges are earned in side quests. base weapons are purchased. raising a weapon would be like raising a mag.

server side saving

I really like this idea...

Spacepest
Dec 30, 2002, 10:07 AM
There are only a few things I want:

An apartment for your characters to hang out in...where do they sleep on pso? In a lobby chair? Do they camp out in the forest? I think after all the hard work they do they need a place to stay!

More levels, more levels, more levels! To play over and over again...oh yeah a new PLOT might be nice too.... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Phobos-X
Dec 30, 2002, 10:36 AM
why not have visible elements on your weapons. for instance. if you have a Burning Gladius, why not have the Gladius have a fire appearnce complete with the heat warping effect

and maybe Grants and Megid can effect more than one target. and hopefully can be available to all classes and not just forces

Siegfried
Dec 30, 2002, 11:54 AM
Definately the display aspect of weapons and armor. I think the coolest thing I saw at one time were my Secure Feet. Hehe. So what if they were hacked? It was towards the end of my V2 days when StarCraft absorbed me.

Evil-ish costumes would look pretty wicked too. Imagine a FOmar with horns! Or a RAmar with battle scars.

If we worked for and/or influenced Sonic Team/SOA I think that there would be a much larger fan base than most Popular-System-Games around.

:unknown smiley:

NiGHTS
Dec 30, 2002, 12:01 PM
Better enemy AI... in fact any enemy AI at all would be nice.

Levels with actual features in them, so they look like actual places rather than repetitive rooms like Cave, Mines and Ruins from Episode I.

Mostly the levels should be outdoors and include a snow level!! Any indoor levels should be interesting rather than repetitive rooms that all look the same.

ALPHAM0F0
Dec 30, 2002, 12:17 PM
new class,
humarls
robots that could cast all that good deal

Blenjar
Dec 30, 2002, 01:59 PM
On 2002-12-30 09:01, NiGHTS wrote:
Better enemy AI... in fact any enemy AI at all would be nice.

Levels with actual features in them, so they look like actual places rather than repetitive rooms like Cave, Mines and Ruins from Episode I.

Mostly the levels should be outdoors and include a snow level!! Any indoor levels should be interesting rather than repetitive rooms that all look the same.

What he/she said and:
New monters on every levels

Tavia
Dec 30, 2002, 02:10 PM
On 2002-12-30 09:01, NiGHTS wrote:

Either that, or bring actual purpose to having repetitive room designs by creating random dungeons.

Although random dungeons are the bane of some people's existence, I think they would be grand in PSO. Since there are already various stages where each room is basically a box, with very little variety, the designers wouldn't have much to worry about, just the programmers.

(I would rather see the Caves go away, though, personally. I think that is the most drably designed and overall boring stage... at least until you get to Caves 2, but then Caves 3 is almost as bad. The color schemes are just blah.)

Bluedeath
Dec 30, 2002, 02:30 PM
id like 2 see an alien type character not just newmans, and more levels

Maverynthia
Dec 30, 2002, 04:52 PM
I'd like to see Magic back in the game by way of Espers and not this weak Technique stuff.
ESmar, ESmarl, ESnewm, ESnewerl...

'ren-types would be nice these ugly as sin 'casts don't cut it..I mean the caseals look HUMAN...why can't the casts...

Of course new enemies and monsters, maybe for the older episodes too....

Auracom
Dec 30, 2002, 05:15 PM
Better character customization.Few more levels like forest, ones that you can do afew times and remember where to go. Seabed, Ruins seem like mazes. Some voice talent would be sweet.

mystic_knight
Dec 30, 2002, 05:24 PM
Well, first of all, I'd like a first person view button. The third person camera can get blocked easily and a first-person fight would look kewl. Next thing i would like to see is the ability to do some sorta dodge at all, a back flip, a roll what ever. And, the last thing i would like to see, or hear, is voices. Of course I knoew typed things wouldnt work, but for like NPCs and when your character is fighting. Maybe even a few preset phrases your character can say. You could even pick your voice like on Neverwinter Nights.

SkyHawkX
Dec 30, 2002, 08:40 PM
Episode III needs to be released in like three years. ST can't keep releasing the game with the same crap gameplay each and every year.

What we need is the ability to move while casting techs and gun weapons. I'd really enjoy if PSO became a game like Metroid Prime in third perspective. Jump is needed. Enemies with much better AI, perhaps reprogrammable AI that Sonic Team can change around every few months. Rares need to have unique IDs to prevent the widespread of duping.

Server side saving is a must. Take offline mode away. Why cater to the minority? What wishful thinking. Unfortunately ST will do as little as possible to make as much as possible.

ChronoTrigga_Lost
Dec 30, 2002, 08:49 PM
I seriously think that Sega should take use of X-box's HDD and PS2's HDD, and create an expansive world as big as Everquests, or Final Fantasy XI's world. And have an infinite amount of weapons (in other words, add like 2 or 3 weapons a month to the list.). Perhaps even have animals or space ships to ride to different planets. Get rid of the whole Ragol scene, and return to the Algo System!

kaseius
Dec 30, 2002, 09:08 PM
If nobody has said this yet, then I would like to see FOcasts and FOcaseals. Go me. Heh. ( I'm just kidding. )

BlazingTiger
Dec 31, 2002, 05:32 AM
The idea of adding the 2 additional planets (Motavia and Dezoris) and broadning the game's story line would help PSO as well. I would like to see the adventure and land scape grow (at least for the offline adventure). I would like to see an in depth offline adventure that would take you into an adventure consisting of 3 worlds (much like the original Phantasy Star.) I would like to see cities or developed towns with actual characters to interact with, hidden shops and trade stations in the midst of your adventures, and characters you can actualy persuade into joining your team (offline). The online game should sport these features as well (omitting extra team characters). It is a shame that you have to return to Pioneer 2 every 5 minutes to pick up mates or fluid. The adventure should be so fluid, with shops and secret areas to enter in and trade stations, that there should be no reason to have to return to Pioneer 2. The offline adventure should be larger with a more detailed story than the online game. The online game should still be detailed, but just large enough to keep players wanting to stick around long enough to complete each level. A detailed offline game will add more longevity to PSO and would keep players coming back for more. More inter-active quests online and activities you can't get offline will also add thrill to the game. Improving the challenge mode and adding more kill and destroy missions that would put players in massive rooms with nothing more than slews of enemies to fight, would also help for the online experience. The ability to unlock at least 5 new levels to play online that you must first complete offline, would give some players an advantage when starting an online game. The ability to "combine" techs for forces would also help (casting zonde + barta at the same time for example.) As your force advances in levels he/she should be able to cast more techs simultaneously. The "skill" level of characters should increase as a character advances. Being able to switch between weapons in the midst of an attack would be a good improvement for hunters and rangers (Example: saber attack, hand gun, saber attack...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlazingTiger on 2002-12-31 02:36 ]</font>

Phobos-X
Dec 31, 2002, 07:29 AM
i duno if anyone mentioned it, but how about the ability to actually PICK your own section id instead of going by your name. Im tired of having to add - * "" _ to a name in order to get the ID that i want

Tavia
Dec 31, 2002, 09:23 AM
On 2002-12-31 04:29, Phobos-X wrote:
i duno if anyone mentioned it, but how about the ability to actually PICK your own section id instead of going by your name. Im tired of having to add - * "" _ to a name in order to get the ID that i want

Well, there was undoubtedly supposed to be a kind of "magic" behind it... SonicTeam evidently never had any intention of revealing how the Section ID assignment system worked, but it was figured out nonetheless. I kind of do miss that, and sort of wish it was absolutely random, but now that I know how to get the ID I want, I always do it. Kind of makes me feel like I'm cheating, though.

Tenko
Dec 31, 2002, 03:31 PM
On 2002-12-29 13:04, ALPHAM0F0 wrote:

Not likely, since Falz has been the boss for the entire series. (But you know that already I'm guessing, since you mentioned Dark Force.) Leaving the Algo system was actually fairly a suprise.

Anyway, on to my list.

Finish up the classes:
Humarl, Hunewm, Ranewm, Ranewearl, Focast, and Focaseal.

Now before getting on my case about android forces, let me remind you that if you've been to the Seabed, you've seen robots with force like powers. It'd take some balancing, but an android force could be possible - think of these techniques as modular add-ons, maybe they need to find something other than tech disks that are a lot rarer or something.

Next, more quests. Lots more quests. I was happy to see some of the best online Dreamcast quests become offline quests on the Gamecube, and even more quests would be good. Plus, the complete lack of quests in Episode 2 is a pain. (Though I can understand why there are none - Who's going to want you to run them a quest in the VR simulator, and the trip down to the island is fairly top secret)

Explain what the heck is up with the history - in Episode 2 it mentions something about a planet called Coral being their home planet - what ever happened to Motavia and Dezoris? If they really aren't migrating from the Algo system and it's a different civilization entirely, then they should find some way to work Algo in.

If there is server side saving, do it like Diablo 2 - "Closed" servers that have characters saved server side, and "Open" servers that have characters saved on people's memory cards. I find offline mode really useful - the 4 player multi option is in extensive use by me and my friends, most of whom don't have PSO (because it's so freaking hard to find) and a few of them don't even have Gamecubes. Not to mention that if I need money or want a rare, I go for it offline - when I'm online I prefer not to be grabby, and only take things I need (for instance, mates and fluids when I'm out) so I use offline to get money, weapons, and armor. Plus I don't always want to play games multiplayer. (By the way, with the rarity of the modem and broadband adapters, not to mention that not every person who buys this game is going to want to play online, I'd hardly say that the offline game is used by the 'minority'.)

Other than that, a lot of other good ideas in this thread that I don't want to reiterate all of them. (For instance, evil looking costumes, cooler casting animations, etc.)

kanyon
Dec 31, 2002, 03:59 PM
GAH!!!!

We need the ability to JUMP!!!!!!!

Tavia
Dec 31, 2002, 11:37 PM
On 2002-12-31 12:59, kanyon wrote:
GAH!!!!

We need the ability to JUMP!!!!!!!

This personally gives me funny mental images of PSO characters jumping to a realistic height, getting punched in the legs, and falling flat on their face in the middle of a monster beat-down session.

CajunSamurai
Jan 1, 2003, 12:26 AM
Ehh... I don't think that PSO should ever be too action oriented, personally. Jumping just isn't something that I can see ever being used effectively in PSO.
Moving while attacking might be cool... but as I've said before, that alone would mean a TOTALLY different battle engine. Normally, it's almost impossible for a regular monster to hit you with a physical attack while you're running. Monsters would have to be made much more intelligent and able to quickly turn and hit even a fast moving character.
Don't get me wrong, I think that'd be sweet. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif It'd fit in great with a totally new engine, I think. The idea of a Ranger dashing around a swarm of boomas with guns blazing is a pretty damn cool mental image. It'd just have to be well balanced. How well would this work for Hunters? How much harder would it be to score a hit if you were running and attacking? How would this effect spell casting? Etc. etc...

The idea of several worlds is a DAMN good one, IMO... All the major worlds from the PS series would automatically make PSO a much, MUCH larger game. However, I immedietly get the mental image of a MMORPG when I think of multiple worlds, and I'd really rather PSO NOT become a MMORPG any time soon. At least not until a few other games of the genre further refine it from all the Everquest clones and other glorified chatrooms. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Hmm... I'm thinkin' it'd be pretty cool to have 5 or 6 players in one game, but with a battle system more complicated than the current one, that'd require a much larger amount of space for all 6 characters to wreak havoc.

Espers would also be nice!
Focasts would never work, so I'm thinkin' something more along the lines of different android classes... such as medics (Demi), warriors (Wren), etc... Maybe add one or two that have elemental attacks, and there'd be no need for a magic using android, something that we'll never see in Phantasy Star game anyhow.

Anyhow, I'm ALL for a completely new engine. I doubt we'll see one for at least a year or two, but it's pretty likely, IMO...

Stag
Jan 1, 2003, 01:26 AM
ummm. new weps.,rares.areas,mags,more customization, more chars. and ummm how about FREE online play!sooo much nicer

mystic_knight
Jan 1, 2003, 06:18 AM
More planets would be nice but not Motavia and Dezoris, since you aren't in the Algo system.

Byuu
Jan 1, 2003, 06:42 AM
On 2002-12-31 12:31, Tenko wrote:

On 2002-12-29 13:04, ALPHAM0F0 wrote:

Not likely, since Falz has been the boss for the entire series. (But you know that already I'm guessing, since you mentioned Dark Force.) Leaving the Algo system was actually fairly a suprise.

Anyway, on to my list.

Finish up the classes:
Humarl, Hunewm, Ranewm, Ranewearl, Focast, and Focaseal.

Now before getting on my case about android forces, let me remind you that if you've been to the Seabed, you've seen robots with force like powers. It'd take some balancing, but an android force could be possible - think of these techniques as modular add-ons, maybe they need to find something other than tech disks that are a lot rarer or something.

Next, more quests. Lots more quests. I was happy to see some of the best online Dreamcast quests become offline quests on the Gamecube, and even more quests would be good. Plus, the complete lack of quests in Episode 2 is a pain. (Though I can understand why there are none - Who's going to want you to run them a quest in the VR simulator, and the trip down to the island is fairly top secret)

Explain what the heck is up with the history - in Episode 2 it mentions something about a planet called Coral being their home planet - what ever happened to Motavia and Dezoris? If they really aren't migrating from the Algo system and it's a different civilization entirely, then they should find some way to work Algo in.

If there is server side saving, do it like Diablo 2 - "Closed" servers that have characters saved server side, and "Open" servers that have characters saved on people's memory cards. I find offline mode really useful - the 4 player multi option is in extensive use by me and my friends, most of whom don't have PSO (because it's so freaking hard to find) and a few of them don't even have Gamecubes. Not to mention that if I need money or want a rare, I go for it offline - when I'm online I prefer not to be grabby, and only take things I need (for instance, mates and fluids when I'm out) so I use offline to get money, weapons, and armor. Plus I don't always want to play games multiplayer. (By the way, with the rarity of the modem and broadband adapters, not to mention that not every person who buys this game is going to want to play online, I'd hardly say that the offline game is used by the 'minority'.)

Other than that, a lot of other good ideas in this thread that I don't want to reiterate all of them. (For instance, evil looking costumes, cooler casting animations, etc.)

With the FOcast and FOcaseal thing, there were some ideas on GameFAQS like:
What about FOmasts?
Half human, half cybernetic implants...
They would have half the attack power of androids, and half the mind power of forces... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

or

I think they would use the techs like weapons... what i mean is they would have gadgets attached to them that could be used as a flamethrower (foie) shoot thunder (zonde) and watever... lol just my imagination run away.

Shrevn
Jan 1, 2003, 12:09 PM
MORE SPELLs!!!! and more Useable items such as Trimates, Trifluids and such

Tavia
Jan 1, 2003, 12:36 PM
On 2003-01-01 09:09, _Murphy_Lee_ wrote:
MORE SPELLs!!!! and more Useable items such as Trimates, Trifluids and such

I personally think that, if they were going to create new spells, that they would either have to replace the old Techniques, or add very few. For a live battle system like the one PSO has, lengthy menus to scroll through would be a burden, in my opinion.

Not that I'm adverse to new Techs. However, I really like how SonicTeam already adjusted the look of higher-level existing Techniques.

(And I prefer Techniques to Spells/Magic, so there, muwaha. Makes PSO more unique, and it fits in with the sci-fi/magic blend of a universe.)

Marf
Jan 1, 2003, 07:18 PM
1st person look-around feature...
male and female humans, newmans and androids for each class...and a new species would be kinda fun...
more of everything...
more outfit customization...accessories...something...maybe people could have more unique characters with accessories and different looking costumes...

ginko990
Jan 1, 2003, 07:33 PM
New techniques, like a wind series of techniques.
And every combination you can make out of human/newman/android | male/female | force/ranger/hunter

Castoth
Jan 1, 2003, 07:34 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet but what about attack techniques for hunters? I mean, it seems to be skilled as a HU right now, all you need to do is master the basic 3-hit combo. It would be cool if you could unlock new attack techniques/combos as you progressed. They could be activated like in fighting games, by pressing a combination of keys on the controller. It would be neat to see a Knife Fury attack (where there are a ton of hits in a short time) or a Sword Boomerang where you can throw it a short distance hitting all enemies in it's wake.

Just a thought.

mystic_knight
Jan 1, 2003, 07:42 PM
To make a casting android, all you would need is a disk drive. The androids attach the hard drives inside their chest, and then can use the technique. I mean be serious ppl, a robot has a better chance of using a disk that a human or newman...what do they do? eat 'em?

SkyHawkX
Jan 2, 2003, 01:36 AM
The same thing they do with fluids and mates.

BlazingTiger
Jan 2, 2003, 10:41 AM
On 2003-01-01 16:34, Castoth wrote:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet but what about attack techniques for hunters? I mean, it seems to be skilled as a HU right now, all you need to do is master the basic 3-hit combo. It would be cool if you could unlock new attack techniques/combos as you progressed. They could be activated like in fighting games, by pressing a combination of keys on the controller. It would be neat to see a Knife Fury attack (where there are a ton of hits in a short time) or a Sword Boomerang where you can throw it a short distance hitting all enemies in it's wake.

Just a thought.

No, in fact, this is a very good idea...

Cloak
Jan 2, 2003, 04:00 PM
I won't be getting anymore stupid PSO version X rehash +12's, but I'da liked to see:

-Each character havin' about 20 outfits, that start out white, 20 different designs. You then picked one, and colored it piece by piece. About 10 different skin tones, 10 faces, 20 hairs, better proportion control.

-Each character/race having unique fighting, like a HU/FOnewearl's saber animation would be different from a HU/RAmar's. (IE unique attacks for Human males, Human females, Newman males, Newman females, Android males, Android females) And then having specific characters with at least 1-3 unique attacks, like RAmarl's sideways handgun, etc. There should be just more reasons to pick a HUmar over a HUnewearl or whatnot.

-A snowy area. @_@; I really wanted EP2 ult stages to be winter-like, like have jungle, mountain, and seaside be set in the winter. The little puddles in the jungle could be frozen, and mountain coulda been completely snow covered. ._.

-A ton of other stuff I can't remember or care enough to try remembering.

Smash
Jan 2, 2003, 07:14 PM
i'd love to see for rangers at least to be able to run and shoot at the same time.

Jkid
Jan 2, 2003, 08:14 PM
Frame rate from 30 to 60 frames per second.

BlazingTiger
Jan 3, 2003, 09:54 AM
If the battle mode was improved it could change the game.

1. One MASSIVE room with only a few walls (for hiding and coming around corners) to add flexibility to the battle mode would be a major improvement.

2. The ability to use your actual character with it's stats during battle, with the option for each player selecting no more than two of it's best weapons before the battle.

3. You should be able to keep your stats (material, slots added), but each player should start at the same level with a health meter that takes half of the damage of a regular game. Who ever loses the match, will lose thier weapon to the other player (or team), even if they reset before the match is up. This will cause players to think twice before selecting a weapon. 1st to have a weapon that is strong enough to defeat your opponent(s), 2nd not to put your best weapons up for grabs unless you are certain you will win.

4. There should be a battle desk reserved for battles only (online) where players can register to find other players of thier rank or level. They should receive notification once a match is found.

dude3282
Jan 3, 2003, 11:37 AM
Many of the things you guys are mentioning are way too complicated. It would take way too much time and/or would clog up the game, slowing it down and making it feel too bogged down.

We're never gonna see technique-using androids, so FORGET IT. Neither shall we ever see free online service, I think. Sega is not Blizzard, they can't afford it.

A totally new engine would be nice, but would take lots of work. I'd prefer to keep the engine, but make it fresh.

Adding new combat animations and new costumes, accessories, etc. would be awesome.

I think they should balance the Battle Mode, and that people should take advantage of the wonders of Challenge Mode and Battle Mode. You can get so much more out of the game than people do, and that's saying something, considering I've barely scratched the surface of this game in over 100 hours.

Most of all, I want to see improvements to the storyline. Program some fresh new levels, fresh new monsters, and give us a new storyline. That shouldn't be so hard, should it?

Tavia
Jan 3, 2003, 06:24 PM
On 2003-01-03 08:37, dude3282 wrote:
Program some fresh new levels, fresh new monsters, and give us a new storyline. That shouldn't be so hard, should it?

That's what Episode II is, unless you also want entirely new AI and a completely unrelated storyline. Smarter AI, or more enemies like the Delsaber, would be nice.

TeK-DEL0REAN
Jan 3, 2003, 06:59 PM
I want a new equipping system. For example, you have a RAmar carrying a rifle in his hands, a pistol in his holdster, and some kind of bazooka on his back. All of the items would be visible, and you can switch them on the fly. If you switch to the pistol, the ranger QUICKLY throws the rifle over his back and grabs his pistol. Now this would mean that if the game was more realistic, you can only carry so much weaponry. But who carries all their rares on them anyway? (I don't ever since i FSODed during a ruins run and lost 3 of my favorite guns.) So for example, have the Rangers start out with a Holster for a pistol, a backpack for a cannon or whatever and a sling for a rifle. You can of course purchase or find more holders as you gain levels. Imagine seeing a hunter fighting with a partisan, a Saber hanging from her belt, (like a jedi) Or a Last survivor on her back?

I also want the Androids to be more customizable, like buying or finding new parts upgrades, kinda like the Front Mission series from Square. They're ROBOTS! let them interchange parts like robots should! they shouldnt just be holding guns, they should have GUN-ARMS! (like mega man or Barret from Final Fantasy 7)

As far as character classes, there should be a jedi - looking character with a big robe with mostly psychic techs and medium melee fighting skills. most of his fighting would be with telekinisis techs, like force shoves and such. (ok maybe they will get sued by george lucas for that) but the sabers look and sound so much like starwars that i wish their were jedi in the game.

-MUCH more spells and techs, but as someone posted, it would be hard to cycle through them.

mystic_knight
Jan 3, 2003, 07:13 PM
On 2003-01-03 15:59, TeK-DEL0REAN wrote:
As far as character classes, there should be a jedi - looking character with a big robe with mostly psychic techs and medium melee fighting skills. most of his fighting would be with telekinisis techs, like force shoves and such. (ok maybe they will get sued by george lucas for that) but the sabers look and sound so much like starwars that i wish their were jedi in the game.

Can we say FOmar?

TeK-DEL0REAN
Jan 4, 2003, 01:19 AM
Nah, I don't like the outfits. I want a darker kinda character with a cloak that uses psychic powers like Telekenisis.(throwing creatures backwards using their mind or paralysising them mentally) Not just magicians with dresses and big hats.

Cross689
Jan 4, 2003, 03:10 AM
forces should be able to do some kind of super foie not rafoie or if rafoie make a longer cast time and increase power but nah that would ruin offline. well how my idea works is like the force like begins a chant and not to long after it is complete and it would be like a super spell not necesarily a summon but a good spell and during the chant other players would have to protect the forces so they could finish the spell but mainly make it more cooperative and alot of the other ideas above stated are good cant remember most ate between reading and posting. you guys think this a good idea?

Annoy
Jan 4, 2003, 06:33 PM
Mostly everyhting people have said...but also the ability to junction spells to certain stats... kind of like Final Fantasy 8.

And also more spells, a magic that does no damage, but casts shock. Or one that poisons enemies. Something like that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rockburn
Jan 4, 2003, 07:22 PM
Wow, great topic.

- More freedom offline, such as customizing a team of bots to join you with customizable battle phrases, weapons, appearances, names, all that good stuff.

- New areas, I love the levels we have now, I'd just like to see more.

- New characters, and better customizing options, such as Facial hair, hats, shoes, shirts, pants, skirts, and accessories. Things like bags, necklaces, glasses, all down to the shoelaces.

- More moves, like Jumping, crouching, looking behind you without actually turning around, sitting down offline, eating, drinking, running and shooting at the same time, running and casting at the same time, etc.

- New mags, who can shoot stuff, also more customizing with the mags. Color, shape, basically designing your own mag via meseta.

- New weapons.

- New quests.

- Being able to buy a ship and customize it would be awesome. You could invite friends into your ship and fly around. Maybe even start your own Taxi service for Meseta. And maybe flying ships would be essential to gaining new levels, and items. Having to fly to a new planet outside of Ragol with new areas would be awesome.

Well, wishful thinking I suppose.
Maybe we should send this to Sonic Team http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

hikaru
Jan 4, 2003, 07:41 PM
i say it'll be cool if we have some more in-depth section ID's that layout more rare items. but what i really want is a "new class" maybe we can be creatures from that planet or like characters with special abilities; stealth, quickness, ect.

hmmmmmmm, oh wells just mah ideas. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ohhh... a jump button would be nice!

Ness
Jan 4, 2003, 07:50 PM
I would like to see an actual sequel to PSO.I would also like to see them fight a totally different enemy as well.

haterade
Jan 4, 2003, 08:09 PM
Although quite interesting, none of this is ever happening.

Engines are cool.

BlazingTiger
Jan 4, 2003, 09:11 PM
On 2003-01-04 16:22, Rockburn wrote:
Wow, great topic.

- More freedom offline, such as customizing a team of bots to join you with customizable battle phrases, weapons, appearances, names, all that good stuff.

- New areas, I love the levels we have now, I'd just like to see more.

- New characters, and better customizing options, such as Facial hair, hats, shoes, shirts, pants, skirts, and accessories. Things like bags, necklaces, glasses, all down to the shoelaces.

- More moves, like Jumping, crouching, looking behind you without actually turning around, sitting down offline, eating, drinking, running and shooting at the same time, running and casting at the same time, etc.

- New mags, who can shoot stuff, also more customizing with the mags. Color, shape, basically designing your own mag via meseta.

- New weapons.

- New quests.

- Being able to buy a ship and customize it would be awesome. You could invite friends into your ship and fly around. Maybe even start your own Taxi service for Meseta. And maybe flying ships would be essential to gaining new levels, and items. Having to fly to a new planet outside of Ragol with new areas would be awesome.

Well, wishful thinking I suppose.
Maybe we should send this to Sonic Team http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I really like your ideas, I was thinking about a few before you posted. Maybe someone should print out all of these ideas and send to sonic team...

*PS: It is ALL very possible. The true capabilities of the Game Cube has barely been tapped...

Elixer
Jan 4, 2003, 09:28 PM
i would like more quests to start with and some new levels with new enemies. more weps mags and such.

HiroTristar
Jan 4, 2003, 09:49 PM
Lotsa good ideas. Now here's what I'd like to see... (Note: This is more of my ideas for another Phantasy Star game, but it would be cool to be implemented into a Phantasy Star ONLINE game -- also note that I'm not fully supportive of another Phantasy Star game, since many think it ended pretty well with End of the Millenium)

- (If referring to PSO) A more in-depth storyline. It doesn't matter how it's presented, I just want something more in-depth.

- Lock-on system. Manual lock-on to enemies (see next idea for further details)

- With a lock-on system, I would hope they'd also speed up gameplay or advance it beyond hack/shoot/slice-away-at-enemy. Perhaps they could record more... fanciful animations for characters. This would allow the game to move more fluidly, along the lines of Devil May Cry or something (we're speaking fluidity here -- not actual gameplay conversion between PSO and DMC, such as camera angles and weapon speed). With a lock-on system and better fluidity, we need to install more of an RPG-type flow to gameplay. Leveling up would probably remain the same, but instead of turning PSO into all-out action with better speed and fluidity, we could add an RPG feel by using an attack system along the lines of Squaresoft's Vagrant Story or Parasite Eve. Based on your weapon, an attack field/range appears and you can attack certain body parts of an enemy, etc... Perhaps they could also add a timing system that can be toggled between manual/auto for parry's and blocks now too. The strength of a block/parry vs. an attack would be based upon the Defensive Points of the character. You can set it to manual so that you tap the button just at the right time or have it go auto like it is now. Perhaps instead of using Defense Points, they could add a new Parry/Block Points.

Well, that's quite a gameplay revamp, but I hope at least some of your like the ideas I've shared.

Brundidge
Jan 4, 2003, 10:29 PM
I wish for like more different unique models for all the classes. I'd be cool to make a Wren looking RAcast or like a Miun looking HUcaseal.

Rockburn
Jan 5, 2003, 12:44 AM
So let's put these all together, and send them to ST!

Tartare
Jan 5, 2003, 01:35 AM
1) multiple planets to explore, each planet being about as big as episode 1 and episode 2 put together. 3 planets would be good, but not the algo system (wouldn't make sense if it took place between phantasy star and phantasy star 2, or between 2 and 4).

2) a nice mix of open areas and closed areas: i.e. outdoor areas like the forest or the jungle or the mountains should be a lot more open, with areas like the mines being very closed off with tight rooms and long passageways.

3) a "waypoint" system kind of like diablo 2: if you've tagged something on cave 2 or cave 3 you can return there without running through all the previous parts. if that's unfair for online mode, make it offline-only.

4) combine the social elements of MMORPGs with the team-oriented gameplay of regular online RPGs: ships and blocks could be one large, continuous area where you can interact with players and play minigames, shop or do battle mode, while actually exploring the planets and gaining levels, etc. is done by creating a team that goes down to the planet.

5) give the option of gender for each race+class combination, and make it so there's no difference between males and females statistically (i'm thinking give each race + class combination the highest stats from both genders put together). this way, people who want to play females can play females anyway, and people who want the statistical advantages of a specific gender can get it without playing a gender they don't want to.

6) give each class some individual skills: i.e. android rangers can learn burstroc, human hunters can learn crosscut, newman forces can learn flaeli, that kinda stuff.

7) allow players to pick different costume types and then color them however they want using color sliders just like you use to color hair. add more skin color and face/head options for characters, too.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cool.gif more unique animations. allow characters to even have a preferred hand for holding weapons. add more equipment, too: headgear and boots and stuff.

9) section IDs, if not being totally choosable at character creation, at least being changeable like the dressing room, but for a bigger fee (maybe 50000 meseta instead of 10000).

10) add in a couple more races, or at least one more, and make it so one race is best at being rangers, one race is best at being hunters, one race is best at being forces, and humans are capable as any class but not the strongest of that class.

that would be the ideal PSO for me.

Vantamiath
Jan 5, 2003, 02:45 AM
On 2002-12-29 23:59, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:

-More death animations.

Yeah, what he said.

BlazingTiger
Jan 7, 2003, 11:53 AM
Changing weather conditions and more out door levels would be awsome. Smarter enemies that shoot projectiles like photon bullets or missles would be a challenge. Adding a force tech that pushes enemies back giving your force enough time to cast a powerful tech attack would be nice. Adding a "mind trick" tech to the forces wouldn't hurt either (confusion). Adding a jet pack for rangers isn't impossible. This is only because of the similarities between PSO and Star Wars.

Hiirigazawa
Jan 7, 2003, 12:20 PM
They need an support item that increases carrying capacity. Not over the 30 item slot limit, but for each item (mates/fluids/atomizers/etc)

There would be 3 levels-
Small/Box (+3 items)
Medium/Box (+5 items)
Large/Box (+10 items)

20 Trifluids would certainly be a big help. Don't you agree FO's out there?

Because I hate going back to load up on mates/fluids all the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hiirigazawa on 2003-01-07 09:22 ]</font>

BlazingTiger
Jan 7, 2003, 03:58 PM
On 2003-01-07 09:20, Hiirigazawa wrote:
They need an support item that increases carrying capacity. Not over the 30 item slot limit, but for each item (mates/fluids/atomizers/etc)

There would be 3 levels-
Small/Box (+3 items)
Medium/Box (+5 items)
Large/Box (+10 items)

20 Trifluids would certainly be a big help. Don't you agree FO's out there?

Because I hate going back to load up on mates/fluids all the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hiirigazawa on 2003-01-07 09:22 ]</font>

This is one of the best ideas i've heard yet.

Noco-Esmaj
Jan 7, 2003, 05:05 PM
I would personally like to see a more customizable character creation. The ablility to change everything about the character. From what color eyes to how long the hair and to specifics on the uniforms.
That would be schweet!!

Kune

God-Slayer
Jan 8, 2003, 07:42 PM
Being a HUcast, I get in the action a lot. So the one thing I'd like to see is the ability to knock the enemies flat on THEIR asses, and watch them squirm to get up and run out the door ^_^

GZ
Jan 8, 2003, 08:38 PM
Hmmm... I would like to see head wear like bandannas hats,wraps n stuff like that

malinko
Jan 8, 2003, 10:58 PM
snow level, new levels where you have to jump http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif if this hasnt already happened: new S rank wep looks, DC S ranks were lame (looks wise)

AndyPandy
Jan 9, 2003, 08:21 AM
Server side saving, secure servers and no wanna be hackers.

BlazingTiger
Feb 12, 2003, 06:54 PM
I would like to see a commercial. I MEAN IT!

thewiredknight
Feb 12, 2003, 07:01 PM
Personally I would like to see more customization on characters, different costumes beyond just color changes. Also perhaps a more enjoyable one player mode and character customization. Basically design the character's base stats how you want them (within reasonable limits though).

Sasarai
Feb 12, 2003, 07:07 PM
Basically, I'd like to see a balanced integration of all the aforementioned ideas. All have merit, in some respect, and would make the game more RPG-like, instead of basic Hack-and-Slash (Kill, Collect, Repeat) with minimal story.

seriphin
Feb 13, 2003, 02:50 AM
I liked the Multi-Planet Idea

New Races

different Attack Animations for each class

Hunters able to do 4,5,6 hit attacks with melee weapons
Rangers able to do 4,5,6 shot attacks with ranged weapons
Forces already get level 30 Techs

More Section ID's Blackstar Greyshroud, etc....
Put them in with the new Weapons (Double Sword, Cards, etc)

Base line New Weapons Double swords, cards, claws, etc

Equiping two weapons instead of Weapons Shield/Barrier

Imagine a ranger with 2 Handguns

Left Handed Characters

Helmets, Boots, Gloves, <-- Acctualy add to def, atp ata, etc...

and then the frivolis jewelry for decoration

Weapons Slots Like armour, put weapons units into them, like Fire Unit would make a Saber (1 slot) into the same thing as a Fire Saber or something like
that....

Light and Dark Attributes for Weapons

Ok im starting to ramble.....

Tulathis
Feb 13, 2003, 07:15 AM
There are a lot of great ideas here.

Besides rounding out the classes, costumes, and quests, I think there is a lot of room for improvement in the spell department. How about having specializations available to Forces, such as a FOmarl that specializes in Foie spells and gets a bonus to all Foie spells (say 20%) while receiving a penalty in another? What about having spells that increase allies ATA and decrease enemies ATA slightly? Or techniques that slightly modify walking speed, allowing the characters to outrun the enemies more easily. Also, it might be a good idea to allow the simples spells (foie, zonde, and barta) to be used by forces in a quick three hit combo like a weapon. The more customization with this, the better.

As for androids, I think they really need the ability to use some more varied traps. Why not allow slow traps in normal mode? Add to that the abilty to use heal, zalure, and jellen traps. Allow the androids to choose which traps they get when the create their character and specialize in one particular type like forces with techniques. Again, the more customizations allowable, the more the player can feel like a unique character when playing online.

I definitely agree with most of the other things that people have been saying. I think that PSO has a style all its own, and the more Sega Team keeps it from becoming too much like a FPS or MMORPG clone, the better it will be for them and us.

kagero
Feb 13, 2003, 01:08 PM
how about no glitches? lol, i would like to see no Glitches....no fsod, no vanishing items, no bsod, and better support on problems from st.

Mirth
Feb 13, 2003, 04:17 PM
personally, i like pso the way it is, i dont want a lock on system, i dont really want jumping. a doge of some kind would be nice though. and levels with vehicles too. maybe a few new spells. more levels obviously. more regular weps(non rares) and more rares. 3 new characters for each class.

kagero
Feb 13, 2003, 05:25 PM
shees, and i thought he said he liked it the way it was......lol.....

VariantXL
Feb 13, 2003, 08:56 PM
Weapons with upgrade slots just like armor. anywhere between 1-6 slots. But not to get out of control here.. there should be a limit on what upgrades you can put on it.... i mean u should have different levels of upgrades so you cant just put the best upgrades on a dinky rifle or shot. Slot items could be anything from elemental attributes to special abilities, spells or attacks, To physical changes like scopes and chambers or a longer blade and those little color glowy strips or whatever to customize your weapon.

ShadowCaster
Feb 13, 2003, 11:47 PM
MORE SPELLS! It is so freaking anoyying sitting there casting the same spells over and over. There shoul at least be 30+. Oh and after reading these posts, it looks like we all have been playing to much Diablo, Diablo II and Ever Quest. lol

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/sprite.gif

Axispoint
Feb 13, 2003, 11:59 PM
I'm not sure how well this would work, but a spectator mode in battle mode.

I've never had a version of PSO w/battle mode, so I don't know if that would work, but it would be fun to watch a fight and pick up tactics and stuff.

PooFlinger
Feb 14, 2003, 12:26 AM
no offense or anything but all you saying "ooh this would be cool" "lets add this" . ok think about what you were doing before play PSO. let me guess prolly playing some POS(not to be confused with PSO) game. And when u got this game you were prolly like "look at all this cool stuff i can do" and "oooooh i can go online SWEEET!!!!"

But nope now your like lets add this stuff that would be fun for about 5 minutes then you would only want more........Damn Hipocrites

PS. i know i am going to get FLAMED for saying this. FLAME AWAY

EnderNine
Feb 14, 2003, 10:02 AM
I'd like to see new classes... like assasin he would be able to cloak and then attack with say a strong attack that could stun if you hit the enemies back? Floating forces seems cool. Vehicles would be nice.. but they would have to fit in... like hovercycles.. but then again this would cause ALOT of lag... and would be hard to do... oh and make characters look better... fonewms have clogs.. when was the last time you have seen a powerful wizard wear clogs.. and clown hats... in movies anyway.

Hunter4life
Feb 14, 2003, 09:29 PM
I agree with those who say a bigger ship/city. It would be so awesome to have more than one shop for each type of item. Also, being able to hire NPC's to work at your side with you being able to control what items they used and stuff. Also, more weapons, quests, cloths, characters etc. The absolute best would be to have your own personal apartment to like customize and invite friends over. Ahhhhhh.......

Talking about this makes me so restless about the possibility that these aren't going to happen within a year. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Celes152
Feb 14, 2003, 09:33 PM
I think we need the Episode II Pioneer II for Episode I. Andriods should be able to buy things for half cost, and be able to carry twenty of stockable items. They could help the FOrces with expensive fluids online, and carry more mates for bosses.

Hunter4life
Feb 14, 2003, 09:34 PM
Oh yeah, and for weapoons like rifles and such, a manual targeting system like a sniper scope.

Xtor
Feb 14, 2003, 09:44 PM
maby a few more weapons and spells more enemies and a B.F.G

Murako
Feb 15, 2003, 02:07 AM
-A new dificulty(sp?) setting, "Extremely Hard", with nearly 1000 exp for a Booma, and with entire new enemies. The catch? Gotta be lvl 130 to get in, online or offline.

-Level max 300.

Ghaleon-Sama
Feb 15, 2003, 11:38 AM
It's already been said, in a way, but I'd like to insist on it :

A REAL storyline offline, with several 'towns' to visit, well you know... just logical links to the areas you play.

Many combos. Not always 3-part combos with all weapons. Gun-type weapons should have unlimited combos, but take longer to reload between shots -- true, I can't see why my RAcast stops firing after he has fired 3 bullets, since they is no ammo limit.

DJ_Monkey
Feb 15, 2003, 04:11 PM
Okay, let me take a shot at this topic...

1.)Save-file encryption. ST should have done this from the start. 128-bit encryption would be enough to protect the save.

2.)Server-side saving. This would take extra bandwidth, but if Sonic Team released the game on the Xbox and GC(but required the GC to have a BBA), it would be quite possible. You should be able to take it offline, but when you do, the save would be encrypted, and offline mode would hash every item you find. If you duped the item, when you go online next, the server would delete the duped item.

3.)Level 300 + New Difficulty level. A level beyond Ultimate would be really nice. Call it "Insane". The level you would need to get it would be 150, and each monster would give over 1000 experience.

4.)Make MAGs more useful. Give them attack capabilities of their own, like attacking, casting spells, etc...

5.)New graphics engine. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. We've all seen Splinter Cell, right? Both the Xbox and Gamecube are the only systems capable of these graphics. Give the game a new engine. Optimize it for the systems. The current engine was designed for the Dreamcast. Not only will the graphics be enhanced, pop-up will be practically non-existent, frame rates will fly through the roof, and more effects will be enabled. Dynamic shadowing could bring in some interesting possibilities. A dark area could hide you completely.

6.)Jumping, extra animations, extra combos, etc... Jumping would allow many possibilities. Swimming could be a possibility. Could bring up some interesting situations, such as being able to sneak past a group of enemies. The 3-hit combo is okay, but it's constricting. You should be able to combine as many attacks as you wish, provided you are good enough at timing them. Enemies should be able to be knocked down as well.

7.)MMORPG aspects. The lobby system is inefficient. Pioneer 2 could be one giant lobby, with multiple levels, different sections(each with their own style, like major cities. Pioneer 2 could have it's own Chinatown, or it's own ghetto, suburbs etc...). Apartments for each player, with stuff like a banking system, healing, etc... The store system could be improved too. There would be a central shopping district, with stores for certain types of weapons, such as force/hunter/ranger weapon stores, cafes(doing double-duty as both a social center and an item shop), training simulators(VR system with customizable parameters, like being able to specify how much XP, HP, attacks, or other stuff the monsters have, but the thing would cost money. You could specify a monster that gave 500 XP, had 100 HP, and only attacked melee, but it would cost 150 meseta per monster. You could specify a money amount, and the game would suggest parameters for you), and a massive bank. Loans would be a good idea too. You need to buy some mates, but don't have money? Take out a loan, and you would have to offer something of yours as collateral.

8.)Weapon customization. Think of the S-rank system, greatly expanded, and costing big bling-bling. Expanding percents by paying a lot of money(perhaps 250 for every 5% increment). Adding special features, designing the weapon, naming it. There would be be limits, of course. 100% max.

9.)Make money more valuable. I hear everyone bitching about how money is like sand. It's everywhere. Well, I have an idea to solve that. Make the items in the shop cheaper, but make money very hard to find. A monomate would cost half a meseta, a dimate would cost 1.5 meseta, and a trimate would cost 4 meseta. If you found money at all on Ragol(or any other area, I'll go into detail later), you would only find 1 or 2 at a time. Weapons cost would be determined by the following formula:

Weapon Cost=(350+5(grind level)+30(sum total of all percents/5)+40(star level))/5

The amount you get when you sell the weapon would be equal to 75% of the weapon value.

Sorry for making this so complicated, but the more complicated the formula, the more accurate the price will be.

Anyways, taking that last formula, let's imagine a Blizzard Vulcan+9 (9-star) with 50/50/50/50/50 percent.

Plugging the values into my clever formula, we get this:

2255/5, or 563.75(round it up to 564) meseta. Seems cheap, but considering meseta is much rarer, it's reasonable. My estimate that for every meseta unit in this hypothetical version, there would be 150 meseta in the current version. That would come out to a value of 84600 meseta. Sounds right for something you would buy at the store. (NOTE: I'd factor inflation into this, but I don't feel like killing everyone here with boredom)

10.)The obligatory "More quests" rant. Yes, we need more quests. Everyone and their mother has already said this, but I have to as well =P But, make the quests more involved. Branching quest plots, more multi-level quests like the Ult quest offline, and quests that actually feel like they belong in the game. The Famitsu quest was a really great thing, and we need more quests like it. Quests that give you rare items for doing hard things, like killing x amount of enemies in y minutes, completing a special mission like killing a certain enemy, etc...

11.)Integrated help. You know how there's help forums at the game's site, right? How about kicking it up another notch(boy, don't I sound like Emeril right now?), and integrating the help system into the game itself? The social areas in Pioneer 2 could be seperated into different subsections, like one for random chats, one for questions about PSO, stuff like that.

12.)Other social aspects. Going along with the last idea, minigames could be integrated into the social areas. Stuff like battle competitons, item comparisons, auctions, "garage" sales, etc...

13.)Use the GBA for more specific features. Way back when Nintendo said they were making the GC-GBA link, EGM imagined a game that used it for different features, such as a space game that has each player using their GBA for a different subsystem. PSO could use it for a map, item management, chat screen, etc...

14.)Voice-activation. Being able to switch over to an item by your voice(albeit only on the Xbox) would be a major plus. Of course, you wouldn't control your character's movement or attacks with it, but item management could be easier. Voice recognition could also translate your voice into text.

15.)No free period. Face it; free periods allow "l33t hax0rz" to mess the game up. If Sonic Team followed up on it's promises, people would be banned after infractions like threatning people, shouting racial slurs, cheating, etc...

16.)Downloadable content. How about being able to download new weapons, levels, characters, and stuff like that? If they did that, I would pay gladly pay 10 dollars a month or more.

17.)Server issues. Bugs need to be fixed. If ST used the encryption system, the loss of items because of power loss wouldn't be needed. In the event of server failure, you would lose your character, so in order to protect you from that, a backup copy encrypted with a 256-bit key would be on your memory card/hard drive.

18.)Word Select improvements. Adding more choices would be a good idea. All the possible word select items would be available all the time. The word select feature is a really great feature, and it should be expanded greatly, by 5 times as much if necessary. You should also be able to send in new ideas into ST for addition to the selecting menu, and ST would translate it.

19.)Vehicle system. I like the idea of being able to manually move to new areas. Think of it, new areas could be accessed by flying to them.

20.)Item system revamp. Why only 30 items maximum? How about 100? You should be able to store more than 10 of the same item at once. How about 50 of each item for those items that can be grouped, and grouping of certain items(*grinders, technique disks, etc..). What about boxes that you can pack more items into and then group those items? You could store an ungodly amount of items with that system.

21.)Other crap I forgot to mention earlier. The whole censorship system is really messed up. Saturday is a banned word. What's up with that? First of all, just ban the words themselves, don't ban them if they are part of another word. Secondly, make the censorship system opt-out. You should be able to deactivate censorship on your system. C'mon, we are almost all old enough to be able to handle mild language like "turd" or "ass", etc...

Sonic Team would be smart to do these things, but they would cost money. Just because Blizzard can get away with free servers doesn't mean Sega can. Blizzard loses a lot of money on the servers, which it makes up in software sales. PSO doesn't sell as well, so Sega needs to charge money.

Cloud_01
Feb 15, 2003, 05:40 PM
Too...many...words...

I would like to see more characters, weapons, and techniques in the next PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloud_01 on 2003-02-15 14:42 ]</font>

Annoy
Feb 15, 2003, 06:33 PM
Dunno if it was said before, I don;t feel like reading ALL of this stuff.

But when you equip frames, if it's one you haven't equipped before, you have to set colors for it (somewhat like the Dressing Room).

I've always though of the frames and armor being the Rubber suit you wear but then again... I dunno how that'd work... peopled be scamming off red frames as something other than a frame...so yeah http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Now that I completley lost my train of thought... oh...for RAmars, a cowboy suit complete with hat and spurs... that'd look perfect with the Yasmiknovs (the rifle anyway, that's the only one I've seen)

HC82
Feb 15, 2003, 09:22 PM
I do realize that sonic team wants to keep the overall game very simply and easy to use by all players, but there are a few things they could add to enhance the gameplay and still keep things rather simple.

Enhanced character customization:

This would flesh out the different racial classes and make them far more unique and diverse, not just stat wise, but also gameplay wise.

As you gain levels you learn new abilities which you can equip. The abilties you learn would be different for each class/race.

For example the ability to increase the chance for critcal hits. This would be a hunter only ability. Enhanced HP would be an Android only ability. The same for newmans but TP. (ie. +8% base HP).

Rangers would get a "status effect" ability. Where every time the enemy is hit with an attack there is a chance of the enemy being afflicted with a status effect of the selected choice. Weapons themseleves have these abilities, but they usually miss. Weapons like spread needle and Frozen shooter are good examples of usefull status effect RA weapons, but it would nice if RAs had this as an inherit ability(since HUs can use weapons that have status effects too, and not every sect ID drops a frozen shooter or spread needle).

For example there would be a 15% chance of the enemy being confused everytime it is damaged with a single target weapon. The percentage would increase as better abilities are learned, the type of status effect would be chooseable by the ranger, and this would also make rangers more usefull and unique on the team.

Weapons like frozen shooter and spread needle define the usefullness of a Ranger on the team, so they should just expand on this aspect of rangers.

Each class and race would get different abilities which they could equip, but the amount of abilities they could equip would be limited. This would add for greater variety amoung the races within the same class. The higher your level, the more abilities you can learn and equip.

This also gives players more drive to gain higher levels, and thus keep playing for a longer period of time.

A more effective way to use PB, improved lock on targeting, and players can use more commands on the fly

First off there is a bluish button on the right side of the GC controller that doubles for a start button. Holding it down so it cycles to the next closest target would be infintely more usefull then bringing up the status menu. Especially if you are a ranger or a FO you'll know how annoying it is for your techs/shots to target the closest target even though your facing in another direction.

The directional pad on the left side of the GC pad(not the analog) would be more usefull if you could asign techs and commands to it. Instead of asigning chat commands to it, it would be far more usefull if you could asign the ability to instantly change to a weapon of a certain type, or asign shifta/deband to it. I can always bring up the in game soft keyboard and press F1~F12 to instantly say a premade phrase. Up, down, left, and right would allow for 4 more additional commands, techs, items, and weapon/equipment changes on the fly. So if I wanted to quickly change to my resta merge I could just press left on the directional pad.

Instead of having your PB taking up your R button customize bar, you should be able to use your PB in your quick menu. An additional menu would be and you could use your PB like that. It would lead to alot less "oops, I wanted to use resta/trap instead" accidents which are common online.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HC82 on 2003-02-15 18:27 ]</font>

Kellnoa
Feb 15, 2003, 10:39 PM
One idea that I would want to see would be to give techniques extra functions using a submenu. For instance, they could alter Ryuker for two purposes. One would be traditional (creating a pipe from Ragol to Pioneer 2). But the other could be for teleoporting to different parts of the stage. dIf you selected this option for Ryuker, you would open a map with a cursor, and the area you select with the curser would be your target destination (but you would only be allowed to teleport to rooms you've already been to that show up on the map). To make sure it isn't used so often, it could charge 200 TP for just one person (obviously an option reserved for high levels), and 100 extra TP for everyone that is within range of the technique. And the techniques can use an altered animation of the waves of energy the Chaos Bringer uses when it is about to use the rifle on its arm.

Just imagine you got seperated from the group in a place like mines or caves, and instead of eating up time doing a "telepipe hop", a force magically appears in front of you in waves of light. Then after a few seconds, your character disappears in light, only to reappear with the rest of the group rooms away. This is especially handy in Ruins when you take a warp that warps you to an area far from where you need to be, or people in another room need serious help when your seperated.

I also agree with the lobbies having shops and acting like a miniature city. I often find myself wishing to see people walking in those giant spaces below the lobbies (the area you see below you when standing in the farthest left or right of the lobby).

Murako
Feb 16, 2003, 03:14 AM
Orignallly said by DJ_Donkey:
Okay, let me take a shot at this topic...

1.)Save-file encryption. ST should have done this from the start. 128-bit encryption would be enough to protect the save.

2.)(Stolen)Server-side saving. This would take extra bandwidth, but if Sonic Team released the game on the Xbox and GC(but required the GC to have a BBA), it would be quite possible. You should be able to take it offline, but when you do, the save would be encrypted, and offline mode would hash every item you find. If you duped the item, when you go online next, the server would delete the duped item.

3.)(Stolen)Level 300 + New Difficulty level. A level beyond Ultimate would be really nice. Call it "Insane". The level you would need to get it would be 150, and each monster would give over 1000 experience.

4.)(Stolen)Make MAGs more useful. Give them attack capabilities of their own, like attacking, casting spells, etc...

5.)New graphics engine. I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. We've all seen Splinter Cell, right? Both the Xbox and Gamecube are the only systems capable of these graphics. Give the game a new engine. Optimize it for the systems. The current engine was designed for the Dreamcast. Not only will the graphics be enhanced, pop-up will be practically non-existent, frame rates will fly through the roof, and more effects will be enabled. Dynamic shadowing could bring in some interesting possibilities. A dark area could hide you completely.

6.)(Stolen)Jumping, extra animations, extra combos, etc... Jumping would allow many possibilities. Swimming could be a possibility. Could bring up some interesting situations, such as being able to sneak past a group of enemies. The 3-hit combo is okay, but it's constricting. You should be able to combine as many attacks as you wish, provided you are good enough at timing them. Enemies should be able to be knocked down as well.

7.)(Stolen)MMORPG aspects. The lobby system is inefficient. Pioneer 2 could be one giant lobby, with multiple levels, different sections(each with their own style, like major cities. Pioneer 2 could have it's own Chinatown, or it's own ghetto, suburbs etc...). Apartments for each player, with stuff like a banking system, healing, etc... The store system could be improved too. There would be a central shopping district, with stores for certain types of weapons, such as force/hunter/ranger weapon stores, cafes(doing double-duty as both a social center and an item shop), training simulators(VR system with customizable parameters, like being able to specify how much XP, HP, attacks, or other stuff the monsters have, but the thing would cost money. You could specify a monster that gave 500 XP, had 100 HP, and only attacked melee, but it would cost 150 meseta per monster. You could specify a money amount, and the game would suggest parameters for you), and a massive bank. Loans would be a good idea too. You need to buy some mates, but don't have money? Take out a loan, and you would have to offer something of yours as collateral.

8.)Weapon customization. Think of the S-rank system, greatly expanded, and costing big bling-bling. Expanding percents by paying a lot of money(perhaps 250 for every 5% increment). Adding special features, designing the weapon, naming it. There would be be limits, of course. 100% max.

9.)Make money more valuable. I hear everyone bitching about how money is like sand. It's everywhere. Well, I have an idea to solve that. Make the items in the shop cheaper, but make money very hard to find. A monomate would cost half a meseta, a dimate would cost 1.5 meseta, and a trimate would cost 4 meseta. If you found money at all on Ragol(or any other area, I'll go into detail later), you would only find 1 or 2 at a time. Weapons cost would be determined by the following formula:

Weapon Cost=(350+5(grind level)+30(sum total of all percents/5)+40(star level))/5

The amount you get when you sell the weapon would be equal to 75% of the weapon value.

Sorry for making this so complicated, but the more complicated the formula, the more accurate the price will be.

Anyways, taking that last formula, let's imagine a Blizzard Vulcan+9 (9-star) with 50/50/50/50/50 percent.

Plugging the values into my clever formula, we get this:

2255/5, or 563.75(round it up to 564) meseta. Seems cheap, but considering meseta is much rarer, it's reasonable. My estimate that for every meseta unit in this hypothetical version, there would be 150 meseta in the current version. That would come out to a value of 84600 meseta. Sounds right for something you would buy at the store. (NOTE: I'd factor inflation into this, but I don't feel like killing everyone here with boredom)

10.)The obligatory "More quests" rant. Yes, we need more quests. Everyone and their mother has already said this, but I have to as well =P But, make the quests more involved. Branching quest plots, more multi-level quests like the Ult quest offline, and quests that actually feel like they belong in the game. The Famitsu quest was a really great thing, and we need more quests like it. Quests that give you rare items for doing hard things, like killing x amount of enemies in y minutes, completing a special mission like killing a certain enemy, etc...

11.)Integrated help. You know how there's help forums at the game's site, right? How about kicking it up another notch(boy, don't I sound like Emeril right now?), and integrating the help system into the game itself? The social areas in Pioneer 2 could be seperated into different subsections, like one for random chats, one for questions about PSO, stuff like that.

12.)Other social aspects. Going along with the last idea, minigames could be integrated into the social areas. Stuff like battle competitons, item comparisons, auctions, "garage" sales, etc...

13.)Use the GBA for more specific features. Way back when Nintendo said they were making the GC-GBA link, EGM imagined a game that used it for different features, such as a space game that has each player using their GBA for a different subsystem. PSO could use it for a map, item management, chat screen, etc...

14.)Voice-activation. Being able to switch over to an item by your voice(albeit only on the Xbox) would be a major plus. Of course, you wouldn't control your character's movement or attacks with it, but item management could be easier. Voice recognition could also translate your voice into text.

15.)No free period. Face it; free periods allow "l33t hax0rz" to mess the game up. If Sonic Team followed up on it's promises, people would be banned after infractions like threatning people, shouting racial slurs, cheating, etc...

16.)(Stolen)Downloadable content. How about being able to download new weapons, levels, characters, and stuff like that? If they did that, I would pay gladly pay 10 dollars a month or more.

17.)(Stolen)Server issues. Bugs need to be fixed. If ST used the encryption system, the loss of items because of power loss wouldn't be needed. In the event of server failure, you would lose your character, so in order to protect you from that, a backup copy encrypted with a 256-bit key would be on your memory card/hard drive.

18.)Word Select improvements. Adding more choices would be a good idea. All the possible word select items would be available all the time. The word select feature is a really great feature, and it should be expanded greatly, by 5 times as much if necessary. You should also be able to send in new ideas into ST for addition to the selecting menu, and ST would translate it.

19.)Vehicle system. I like the idea of being able to manually move to new areas. Think of it, new areas could be accessed by flying to them.

20.)(Stolen)Item system revamp. Why only 30 items maximum? How about 100? You should be able to store more than 10 of the same item at once. How about 50 of each item for those items that can be grouped, and grouping of certain items(*grinders, technique disks, etc..). What about boxes that you can pack more items into and then group those items? You could store an ungodly amount of items with that system.

21.)(Stolen)Other crap I forgot to mention earlier. The whole censorship system is really messed up. Saturday is a banned word. What's up with that? First of all, just ban the words themselves, don't ban them if they are part of another word. Secondly, make the censorship system opt-out. You should be able to deactivate censorship on your system. C'mon, we are almost all old enough to be able to handle mild language like "turd" or "ass", etc...

Sonic Team would be smart to do these things, but they would cost money. Just because Blizzard can get away with free servers doesn't mean Sega can. Blizzard loses a lot of money on the servers, which it makes up in software sales. PSO doesn't sell as well, so Sega needs to charge money.

I do think most of those ideas are good and well thought-out. The only problem, you stole most of them! Try to think of your own unique ideas. I also wanna do c-mode again. We played C2-C6 with snapple. Wanna do it again?

BeatZero
Feb 16, 2003, 12:25 PM
id like to see more character customization as well, with maybe 5 different costumes (not colors entire costumes) for each class and have 3 color levels for each which would be customizable by use of an rgb scale(like hair). and when you create your character you could pick between base mags (have 3 or so) that evolved differently than others and also have them be color customized with an rgb scale.

i think that would greatly improve the diversity of the game, i mean there are so many colors but its still the same suit.

Mags should do more too but i dont think they should have lasers or anything (thats a little too far out there, not to mention cheap).

Nullman
Feb 16, 2003, 05:15 PM
Damage over time spells for Forces. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Para
Feb 16, 2003, 05:51 PM
Im surprised no one has suggested this but how about..
Daytime and Nighttime?????

im sure everyone noticed that pioneer2 is nighttime in normal - very hard and in ultimate its daytime so why not have ragol change from daytime to nighttime and etc. periodically??
and make it affect the types of monsters that come out and fight

HC82
Feb 22, 2003, 01:10 AM
Iam gonna give this topic a bump.

Atari
Feb 22, 2003, 01:45 AM
i would really like to see PSO actually go back to it's roots and become a turn based role playing game, the way rpg's used to be before the turned half action half adventure, i dont believe in most of these

like the characters on one server, they would have to boost the amount of people being able play online, then making this server and having people save their characters on it would be a lot of space that would go on your memory card, more characterization yes, more weapons yes, more techs like maybe a wind tech and a water tech, maybe a posion one, i would like to see a new class, one that could mutate into the wildlife, i would like to see a new setting, i would like to see more quests and new weapons that you get by doing a super hard quest or something, it would be cool if you could have likea guild and then you could wage a war(battle) on a different guild, ah i dont like that mag attacking stuff because if you had a wicked mag and transfered it to a lvl 1 character it would be a walk in the park, also i would like to see some restricions on mags, like class specific mags and maybe a level restriction so you actually have to work on secondary characters, maybe offline their could be some mercenaries for hire that you could get to aid you, and if you equiped new armour and stuff like that it would show it liek some of the shields do, one more for each class except forces unless they came out with a new species like a cyborg then it could happen, actually just thinking now they could have 2 types of forces, one attack and one suppourt, give some more suppourt type techs and your set, like sleep or paralyze such and such, the vehicle system is ok but not that good, some of the fun is traveling, definalty more towns, i want to see something like FF like the old PS, most of these ideas are more action based, if they did this i think it would be a good idea to change the name instead of keeping the name as Phantasy Star

also nites the reason pioneer 2 is dark is because it's in space, it's not nightime, thats why you can see the planet

their are more ideas i have but i forget them

GandorDurin
Feb 22, 2003, 01:57 AM
Topic too huge...So I'm just gonna post my thoughts and if I accidentily took someone's idea or close to it, sorry! I'll kiss your ass in private, just PM me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Anyway...

Eight new difficulty modes just to super elongate the game. Split all twelve into three tiers: Tier one is of course Normal through Ultimate, and to enter tier two, a character must be level 160 or higher. The first four new ones could be called Supreme, Insane, Master and Impossible. The changes could be minor...Different colored monsters with only slightly changed names, but the last difficulty of each tier should have a considerable change, including visually, such as Very Hard to Ultimate. Experience values could simply be tripled per difficulty to save myself from posting pointless numbers...The max level would be increased to 600, 200 per tier. (So someone above level 200 would not be able to enter tier one games.)

Tier three's difficulty modes could be called Eternity, Justice, Faithless and Hope, and once again the last difficulty mode should have some rather substantial changes.

I'll leave it to everyone else to mention items quests characters and all the other goodies that could be added. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DJ_Monkey
Feb 22, 2003, 03:13 AM
Wow...the amount of experience points needed at level 599 to get to 600 would be in the area of 15 billion, with a total of 125 billion(approximately). That would take a 45-bit number just to represent it.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Feb 22, 2003, 03:14 AM
i want to see is a new class
like infected!
hucast with the abnormal photons thos would be like a FOcast so to speak, insted of techs it would have photon abilitys like a
del saber jump slash
del def sheild
a delbiter laser blast
photon camoflage
banza arm blast
hildabeast foie
hildablue gibarta
hildatore megid
dragon stomp
(that dragon that flys) blast
and i guess boss abilitys as well

these would be learnd by finding enemy parts
del saber right/left arm
delbiter eye
s beirl arms
banza arm
hilda beast/blue/tore head
dragon wings
dragon claw
tell me what u think

they would be HUmarl RAnewm and FOcast(more of a infectid robot with human quaitys like a confused bout)these would be in there own class
IFmarl IFnewm IFcast

Moleman
Feb 22, 2003, 11:43 AM
NO mag lasers, but new pbs would be good.
HuMarl would also be a great addition. Weren't they going to make a HuNewm at some point?
Most important;y though, new enemies THAT ARE NOT THE SAME BASIC THING AS OLD ONES!
examples:
booma=shark
candine=gee
bulclaw=gee gue
That would be great. I'm happy with the amount of commands you can set, the shortcut menu helps tremendously. Maybe a new technique or two. The idea of smarter+customizeable npcs was great.NO infected things, although at one point I came up with a new android-only class:trapper
They would have more+new traps, and be able to use all hunter and ranger weapons except launcher, sword, claw, double, and psycogun(or is this a mechgun?. Anyway, I think they should try to keep thge character system basically as it is, and focus on new: mag traits, equipments (new weapons), levels, enemies, etc.
NO MORE LEVELS! 200 is enough. The dificulty level system could be changed, but only by adding one more(master?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Moleman on 2003-02-22 08:49 ]</font>

hououtate
Apr 27, 2003, 01:52 AM
I like everyones ideas (i read them all!) i would like to see new character classes. the cybork force thing sounds cool. i want a support tech thst boosts mst, that would be awesome...

SammaeltheDark
Apr 27, 2003, 02:05 AM
I'd like to see many more levels to try to decrease the repetativeness of PSO. And the classes are something I've thought about. Two new races should be introduced based on the PS world: Dezorian and Motavian (think Gryz of PS4). The FO newmans kinda already take the place of Dezorians, but more variety in looks would be welcomed.
Oh yeah, and finally a major graphics overhall. We've been staring at mostly the same stuff since v1, people!

Dark_Cloud
Apr 27, 2003, 08:21 AM
i'll just post and i'm sorry if i stole an idea but i'd like to see
- time / weather effects - kinda like animal crossing - determined by the internal clock ( would be hard to do online but they could just use server local time),
- More character types yeah we all know about HUmarl and HUnewm but more would be nice,
- More quests (Class specific ones mebe),
- A home thet you live in,
- new weapons, more levels to visit,
- more levels to be 300+,
- more difficulty options like you ARE gonna die mode,
- stacking of items like materials/grinders,
- more class specific ability
- Left or right handed characters
- visible damage ( not to the extreme of ultra gore but could give visual indications of how hurt you are like limping and similar things)
- being able to use your other characters on your memory card as npc's ( with improved AI)

UnitG3D
Apr 27, 2003, 10:04 PM
-A few more character skin options, maybe even paintable sections like they had in Armor Core 3 where you choose the color of individual detail sections

-More mag transformations and photon blasts. Class specific ones that, for instance, make the mag look like a component on your RAcast.

-I want the armors and shields to have some visible effect on the characters.

-As everyone else has said, more quests.

shiznitty
Apr 27, 2003, 11:26 PM
Yeah, everyone has great ideas. HEAR THAT SONIC TEAM???? Why don't you listen to what the gamers want???!?!?! sorry, little annoyed at the drop rates
What i would want in the next one, is a better battle system. I mean, wtf? 3 hit combo, then you get smacked. i should be cooler, like legend of dragoon's combo system.
It would be like this. The controls are normal, you press the corresponding button to do whatever, like heal. Same thing right??? that is until you hold a button or something. Then it switches to combo mode where you can pull relentless combos by pressing buttons at the right time, and if you press the right sequence, a special move occurs. And also, the battle system needs to be faster, like wind waker's in which you could dodge by jumping sideways, and all that stuff. I wish.

MonoxideChild
Apr 27, 2003, 11:57 PM
I think the next PSO, PSO2 not EP.3, should truely be a MMORPG, and not just an online RPG. Change the way that the game is played to spark new interest into the series.

Pickerel
Apr 28, 2003, 08:13 AM
Somewhat more interactive areas, not just boxes to destroy and boundaries at the edges of the room and laser barriers. Like being able to destroy a tree or rock to reach a new area, or to be able to jump on top of something. And a defensive action would be good that you could assign to a button. Sorry if these have been mentioned, but I have little time to read these in school.

Wriath
Apr 28, 2003, 04:44 PM
how about a jump/boost system like gunvalkries, for rangers and hunters. for forces some abilities like fading out of reality for mabee one second to dodge. i hate the caves. make them look better. ALOT BETTER! but in pso2 there might not even be caves. who knows. the areas depend on the story.

Akuma_the_HUcast
Apr 28, 2003, 04:56 PM
being able to have more parts to armor like the legs and arms and shoulders....akuma would have sweet spikes on his shoulders and his arms would be spiked too and his legs would have samuri like armor!

(thinking: that would be fucking great)

Hangoroshi
Apr 28, 2003, 05:17 PM
I want a crappy turn-based battle system where you employ the use of Pokemon cards.

Huntley
Apr 28, 2003, 09:38 PM
On 2003-04-28 15:17, Hangoroshi wrote:
I want a crappy turn-based battle system where you employ the use of Pokemon cards.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg hahahhahahaha.

One thing that has ALWAYS bugged me. In trade mode you should be able to select items youre carrying AND you should be able to select items in ur bank. i HATE making room to carry shit on me and onl being able to hold a certain amoun of stuff

Droxitr
Apr 28, 2003, 09:51 PM
Either bigger item stacks or able to hold multiple item stacks. I mean, at the beginning, when all you have are mono's... what, the hell? Other RPG standards are 30 and 99, why not use one of those? (woo I have 99 mates, DIE FALZ!)

More items should be stackable too... grinders, mats, maybe even scapes.

Hmm, now that I think about it, having 99 mates would kinda make you unbeatable... how about x10 for healing (mates, fluids) x99 everything else. (antipoison/paralysis, atomizers, yadda, yadda, yadda)

GuerillaPimp
Apr 29, 2003, 09:47 AM
Androids should be able to use the tech called "recharge" in stead of that crappy HP regen. While using the recharge technique you can still move and attack but, your ATP, DEF, ATA will decrease slightly until you stop the technique or your HP becomes full.