PDA

View Full Version : Ask Stupid Question get Stupid Answer

Ryo_Hayasa
Dec 29, 2002, 12:45 PM
A. Will a Japanese BroadBand Adapter work on a English Game Cube. people Say "YES Of Course" others
"No i'm not sure but don't try it"
some even say "is Getting online With PSO really worth it?"
B. i was online in PSO DC for one day, and it rocked, have thigns changed, is PSO online still worth it?
C. i've heard romors that on the DC PSO lvl +80 were really really cool people and were nice i saw this for myself. and that the "Newbies" 30 and under, were the people being mean for no reason
C2. i've also heard that the GC group is diffrent than the "DCer" (yes it doesn't make much sense to me) is this true?

Maverynthia
Dec 30, 2002, 05:08 PM
*sigh*
A. YES! All of the products you buy in US stores are really just repackaged JP goods...

B. It's gotten better, no PK VK NOLing FSOD or BSOD from others. THough NOW you have 50 million n00bs running around saying "NE1 HAVE [RAREITEMNAME] PLZ GIVE GIVE WANT PLZ" and stuff like that...but NOW you can IGNORE them...

C. Not true, I've meet some cool newbies (30-) heck I haven't gained that many levels myself. It's mostly because level 80 people have lots of stuff to just 'give out' because it's junk to them..while people around 30 take and keep whatever they have... I know I won't give out my grinders...

C2. DCers tend to be 'vets' and know the system inside and out while GCers are new on the scene and haven't had a chance to play the game to death. THUS GCers then to be n00bs that can't type and beg for stuff, though not all of them..
I separate DCers into GCers with prior DC knowledge and GCers into no previous knowledge of PSO (or Phantasy Star for that matter)

FACT: Forces DO NOT cast magic. They USE techniques
FACT: Noah is Lutz.
FACT: Espers are mages and cast magic, thus there is NO magic in PSO (yet)

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 1, 2003, 12:47 PM
Thank you, i've been online one day and i've seen alot of "n00bs" walking around asking/begging for the rare iteams of everyone's dreams, i guess it doesn't get to me much.
i've also been hearing these terms (i've been online for 3 days over the course of my life)
what is.....
VK, NOLing, FSOD, and BSOD???

Tavia
Jan 1, 2003, 01:53 PM
On 2003-01-01 09:47, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
VK, NOLing, FSOD, and BSOD???

By VK, I think you meant PK, and if so, that's "Player Kill". That means that someone else kills your character purposefully, normally through a hacked Technique.

NOLing, which is supposedly impossible on the GameCube version of the game, overwrites your character file with that of an NPC (Non-Player Character) named Nol. You will permanently be Nol, unable to go up in levels or anything at all.

SODs are "Screens of Death", freezes that normally cause you to lose all of your unequipped items, unless you wait them out and they go away, allowing you to save.

oxxjuniorxxo
Jan 1, 2003, 09:02 PM
Online is so much better. I find it much more fun than DC because well....No Pro Action replay lamers hacking and such(Yet) :'( Anywayz TRUE...The poeple that have "Can I trade this for this" to me are the true n00bs....And thats my 2 cents

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 3, 2003, 09:39 PM
thank you tavia, i know about the PK and evil SoD
but say for example: you turn off the GC without quiting? you lose all your items that aren't in your bank?
by the way i'm new online basicaly are there any things that i just shouldn't do?
like ask "do you have a free *insert rare weapon of everyone's dreams here* for Trade/FREE!!"
i don't do that and i see a bunch of those online in my rooms

Tavia
Jan 4, 2003, 12:58 PM
On 2003-01-03 18:39, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
but say for example: you turn off the GC without quiting? you lose all your items that aren't in your bank?

You may lose all of your items that are not equipped and just sitting in your inventory, yeah. It's not a good idea to turn off your GC without saving.