PDA

View Full Version : Need Grove of Fanatics tips for Fortechers!

Turbobrain
Sep 17, 2007, 03:59 PM
This is one mission I really should do more... mostly because I want the bow but the other stuff is good to... Ever since I first attemplted it at like lvl 10 with my FT'r I just got the feeling that this mission was not too easy for a Newman FT'r... Why? Well, those stupid guards and their magic...mostly Resta. With my Beast I can just in there and rip them to pieces. But with my FT'r I cannot take enough damage on them to make enough diference. I found the best way so far is to use my bow(either silence(gorunf) or fire(burn). They moive so quick that this ranged when they get a SE it enables me to follow them(and Zodeel does not really do much to these guys). That's why my Beast is good as I can go straight to melee and kick the crap outa them.

The robots are real easy for a FT'r, using Gizonde well wipe them out pretty quick or even Megid.

It's just those stupid guards are so much hassle and I know some ppl have said thjis mission can be solo'd pretty ok if you know how. Obviosuly I do not know how! As I said, so far I have found the best way is with my bow, but this is slow.

I know that you can also skip a lot of mobs(ie guards) on this map and some maps have a load more Red Robots(=Hiroteriwhatsit). So if anyone that has experience with this map and/or hunting said S rank bow has anyone words of advice I'd appreciate your help.

JAFO22000
Sep 17, 2007, 04:05 PM
When they say "it can be soloed easily", they mean "It can be soloed easily if you have Killer Shot 21+". Best tip for a FT on Grove? Find the map with no female newmans as enemies.

omegapirate2k
Sep 17, 2007, 04:05 PM
Personally, I'd suggest using cards to kill the guards.

Umberger
Sep 17, 2007, 04:28 PM
On 2007-09-17 14:05, JAFO22000 wrote:
Best tip for a FT on Grove? Find the map with no female newmans as enemies.

Indeed.

Chuck_Norris
Sep 17, 2007, 04:31 PM
Also try nos spells. They can home in on the guards if you're facing them.

haruna
Sep 17, 2007, 04:41 PM
I use my 21+ dark bow bullet. Infect them + succumb to the need and bust out a melee weapon. If you can, try and synth a high dark % 6*(Mukarad especially) or Mukspac. You're gonna need it against the Deghana anyway.

RedCoKid
Sep 17, 2007, 04:59 PM
Use nosdiga if you want to get rid of them quickly. Take them out one at a time.

_tsunami
Sep 17, 2007, 06:47 PM
Nosdiga doesn't work that well on the robots in grove of fanatics only because they are earth element, your prob thinking of the robots in desert goliath which are lightning, then yes nosdiga would rip them apart.

I recommend Noszonde as that opposes the element of the robots in grove of fanatics and also at lv 21+ noszonde has this stun like -plant into the ground- effect, holding the robots momentarily immobile for you. Very useful.

Other than that i still say killershot 21+ as a better choice if you have a alt character as a fortegunner.

omegapirate2k
Sep 17, 2007, 06:48 PM
On 2007-09-17 16:47, _tsunami wrote:
Nosdiga doesn't work that well on the robots in grove of fanatics only because they are earth element, your prob thinking of the robots in desert goliath which are lightning, then yes nosdiga would rip them apart.

I think they mean the servant guards, which have no element.

_tsunami
Sep 17, 2007, 06:51 PM
in that case you should really try to load the map with less servant or with no female ones as someone suggested. Or have a friend who is a beast companion to help you out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ThEoRy
Sep 17, 2007, 06:57 PM
Use diga to silence the guards. Also virus or burning them speeds things up a bit.

omegapirate2k
Sep 17, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-09-17 16:51, _tsunami wrote:
in that case you should really try to load the map with less servant or with no female ones as someone suggested. Or have a friend who is a beast companion to help you out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yes, and while on the topic of inviting friends, invite a fortegunner or a guntecher you trust with killer shot to kill all the robots.

CelestialBlade
Sep 18, 2007, 05:58 AM
Anything with a helpful SE will take down the Armed Servants. Diga (Silence), Nosdiga (Stun), and Dambarta (Freeze) are all pretty useful. Bring a melee-oriented NPC as well, that will help quite a bit (Laia, Leo, Tonnio, etc.). Gizonde is probably the best way to deal with the robots, too.

In my opinion, Grove of Fanatics was not made for Force-types to solo, so don't expect an easy time no matter what you do. When people say they solo S2 runs there, they all have Killer Shot 21+ and use things like Crossbows to make short work of the Armed Servants.

amtalx
Sep 18, 2007, 01:41 PM
Tip: Bring a gunner. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

The gunner gets the gunz, and you get the bowz.

Kion
Sep 18, 2007, 07:53 PM
how well does megid do for techers? seems like you could grab a Granarodoc and spam it everywhere, in addition to having a few wands on hand for ra- and gi- zonde.

as for the annoying gaurds, nosdiga sounds like a plan, the knock down and stun will keep them from casting resta and o a bit of damage as well. they heal about their entire health, so having a melee friend around to keep them busy would probably be a good idea.

as for the boss, if you get behind him, he'll turn until he faces you again. if you can keep yourself next to him as he turns; he'll keep turning the entire time aside from teleporing occasionally, which you can simply run and get behind him again. grab a dark spear and an ice cold trimate and be patient until he asplodes.

CelestialBlade
Sep 19, 2007, 05:54 AM
From what I've seen, Megid is....okay, as a Killer Shot substitute, but doesn't seem anywhere near as effective as KS in my experience. Sure you can hit multiple enemies with it, but even with robots it can take a while for Incapacitate to kick in and that's when you begin to appreciate the rate of fire of a Rifle. Some robots take an entire +10 Brahoh to kill, and I can't imagine how long it would take to cast the equivalent amount of Megid.

Honestly, a fT will kill robots faster with Gizonde.

Sexy_Raine
Sep 20, 2007, 03:16 PM
Switch to Guntecher and save yourself the hassel of fighting those servants.
Burning Shot, Dark Shot and Killer Shot are all you need. GT's lose out on spears for Adhana though.

If use don't want to do GT, all I can say is use damfoie on male techers, their barta will not stagger you out of it, unless you freeze of course. On bots, Noszonde, Gizonde, or maybe throw a megid(optional).

Niloklives
Sep 23, 2007, 08:54 AM
megid and KS don't work on the mages. their STA is 24 which outclasses KS's SE4. your best bet if you're soloing as a FT is to take out the bots first and then switch you either light cards or a fire bow. the cards will confuse them and make their techs miss completely while the fire bow (ensai-sou) at 21+ does 25% damage in 10 seconds and staggers them as well. Single out the females first and take them out ASAP. but since you can megid the robots and get rid of them fast, do that.

OldCoot
Sep 24, 2007, 11:29 AM
For my Fortetecher I just try for the low caster maps or even skip fights if possible. Some maps will allow that.

If I were to fight them, cards, diga one caster at a time, and even NPCs can make a difference if you are not concerned about rank while solo. That place is also a dream for the lightning techs.

Lou and my Striking PM tends to work or even Tonnio and Leo.