PDA

View Full Version : Joining JP servers

DarkEliteRico
Sep 18, 2007, 11:46 AM
What is needed to join the Japanese game servers? Am i able to cross over between them and the US/EU servers as well or will i have to create two separate accounts?

Will i need a Japanese copy of the game to play on their servers or will my copy work? I've never migrated anything over, and i'm fairly new to playing on a PC.

Saffran
Sep 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
Your best bet is that yes, you will need to install the jp client. It's free so that is not that much of a problem.
I have seen users swapping files so as to get english text within their versions, but I'm not too sure on the details.

As far as acounts go, I have never heard of anyone trying to log on one server with the gameID of another server... I know it worked during the US beta, but those days are long gone. You will most certainly need to create a JP account.

Kishin
Sep 19, 2007, 12:23 PM
You probably need a japanese credit card, cause I think they will not allow players us/eu joining "their own world" -.-, when psu japanese was released., I had need of a credit card japanese, so a friend had pay the account. And second, I think you need to write in japanese your own account.

DarkEliteRico
Sep 19, 2007, 05:51 PM
On 2007-09-19 09:42, Saffran wrote:
Your best bet is that yes, you will need to install the jp client. It's free so that is not that much of a problem.
I have seen users swapping files so as to get english text within their versions, but I'm not too sure on the details.

As far as acounts go, I have never heard of anyone trying to log on one server with the gameID of another server... I know it worked during the US beta, but those days are long gone. You will most certainly need to create a JP account.

Most likely the where-abouts of the JP client are off limits for the boards. If you know about this would you mind messaging me of possible. If i have to create a japanese account i wouldn't have a problem with that (unless i have to pay with a japanese card).
I might have to PM some of the other users on the forums and ask them for help. Thanks again guys