PDA

View Full Version : PSU: ForteGunner help

EJ
Sep 19, 2007, 06:21 AM
I just started leveling my alt character and she is a fortegunner and was wondering which do you other FG recommend? I have twin freeze, burning shot and the dark shotgun bullet so far, anyone recommend which bullets to get and which not to get, thanks in advance.

Rashiid
Sep 19, 2007, 06:34 AM
just about every fortegunner ive seen always has frozen shot and virus shot. (rifle)

an ice shotty; and a ground shotty

as for twins; w/e missions you do most (for damage) get the opposing element bullet.

Kuya
Sep 19, 2007, 08:19 AM
As a newman fG, I am loving xbows. Plasma, Ice, Infect all seem to do really well with dishing out SE with xbows.

Katy
Sep 19, 2007, 09:31 AM
Your 2 most important PA's are Burn Shot and Dark shot. Level those 2 bullets to 21 first. Burn shot at 21 can take down many large creatures fairly quick and Dark shot at 21 can take down anything that's immune to burn.

Other useful PA's would be ice/ground Grenades for bosses and Grinna Bete C/S and Ice Rifle/Twin Handguns since most enemies in PSU are Fire types.

And if you can collect enough PA fragments I would highly recommend Killer Shot. Its most effective toward robot type but can be used on small creatures like Lapuncha or Badria.

And as far as what NOT to get I can't really suggest anything since every bullet has its job (SE) and can kill any enemy but just take note that Earth enemies being the least common and Fire being the most common.

panzer_unit
Sep 19, 2007, 10:07 AM
I'd suggest Light and Earth for rifle or handgun bullets... at SE3 they'll shut up casters pretty quickly from a decent range. IMO earth is the better effect, since it stops attack techs plus oh-so-annoying healing, buffs, and debuffs. However, Light is the only thing that works on Grove robots and it gets element damage in HIVE. Pretty much the same situation as Fire vs Dark for DOT.

I find Fire grenades to be really useful, you can deal a burn while pinning large monsters to the ground.

Hrith
Sep 19, 2007, 10:26 AM
Burning Shot
Dark Shot
Killer Shot

Barada Riga
Barada Inga
Barada (your choice)

Boma Riga
Boma Diga

Yak Banga
Yak Yoga
Yak (your choice)

Besides those, anything else is for fun more than for usefulness.

amtalx
Sep 19, 2007, 10:48 AM
All previous posts have pretty much been on point. I'd add some Laser Cannon bullets since those are going to be very sexy in AoI. Once I finish my last Rifle bullet, I'm getting started on Laser Cannons...

Pillan
Sep 19, 2007, 11:23 AM
I pretty much agree with Hrith on the PA selection, but I’d advise you get all 6 elements in a high damage/time weapon or whichever weapon you want to spam the most, just so you’ll always do high damage regardless of the enemy type.

SE’s are nice, but there are many of times where opposite element damage is better. Remember that not every enemy is a four legged robot or Gol Dova.

Hrith
Sep 19, 2007, 02:15 PM
You can split the 6 elements, Pillan; 3 on crossbow, 3 on shotguns, for instance ;s

I agree that lasers are good to have, I use one myself, but it's not really a weapon type I'd recommend to starters.
Can't wait for SE2 and flinch, indeed.

It's Gol Dolva, no one gets that one right x_X

Genoa
Sep 19, 2007, 09:50 PM
In my opinion, as a Fortegunner, I choose to not use Twin Handguns. They're better for Guntecher and Fighgunner for convenience.

My pallete consists of:
Rifle (fire)
Shotgun (light
Laser Cannon (ground)
Grenade Launcher (ice)
Crossbow (dark) / Dagger (Shunbu Shouren-zan)
Machinegun (electric) / Saber (Rising Strike)

I use these elements for now until I can get them high enough to add additional elements. I don't like to level more than one PA bullet for the same weapon type.

Fire on rifle for SE4 Burn and it sticks quite easily. Heavy fire damage. So what, it doesn't kill the dragon in the sky as good as ice. But it's either Do more damage to most enemies with Ice Shot, or Do great damage with fire while adding Burn.

Light on shotgun for the quick confusion spread. When the enemies are all coming at you, and you confuse 1/2 of them before they're close enough to engage you... can delay the remaining mob and allow you more time to fire away without having to repositioning yourself constantly to get in a good shotty spot. Besides, it's absolutely amazing in SEED mission.

Ground on Laser cannon mostly because it's horrible for SE, and Silence is barely needed anyways, so the damage is nice. Besides, in missions like labs... the annoying bugs xD you can push them into a line, get positioned, and prepare to gain a few Gravity Prism levels, because I gained 2 in one mission doing that. Not to many people like Laser Cannon, but I mean... You're a Fortegunner, might as well. Mayalee Prism is pretty amazing too, If I could I would probably get that :>

Ice on grenade launcher because honestly, sometimes knocking ALL the enemies back can be annoying because then you scattered all the targets away from bombarding them again, but the SE is pretty decent so making them freeze can allow you to throw in a few more additional grenades WITHOUT pissing off all the hunters xD. Not to mention, it happens to be a Dragon murderer.

Dark on Crossbow because the SE sticks and sticks quick. Strife and spray, if they get close, you use Shunbu Shouren-zan on your dagger and they fly in the air giving you additional time to spray your crossbow.

Machinegun and Plasma Fury is actually quite nice in my opinion. The damage is alright, but spreading a quick shock helps the mobs from hurting everybody for usually enough time to be taken care of. Works very well in Moatoob. And again, if they come close, Rising Strike ftw.

This is what I use atleast, for now. For those you cannot afford UPA's just yet and haven't the time to level multiple PA's at once http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Menochi
Sep 20, 2007, 03:30 PM
Rifle (SE4)
Fire
Ice
Dark
Killer shot

shotgun (SE2)
Fire
Ice
Lightning
Light
charm

Grenade (SE3)
Fire
Ice
Light
Berserk

Laser Cannon (SE2)
Ice
Lightning
Earth
Myalee
(phantazm)

Twin handgun (SE2)
Fire
Ice
Lightning
Earth
Light

Handgun (SE3)
Fire (earth)
Myalee (for fun)

Crossbow (SE3)
Fire
Ice
Lightning
Light
Dark
Panic (fun if you like low hp)

Machinegun (SE1)
Light (optional dps)
Dark (higher damaging dot than burn at this level)
Myalee

Sophia
Sep 20, 2007, 03:35 PM
Panic o.O

Menochi
Sep 20, 2007, 07:25 PM
The low hp crossbow, I refered the bullets to either their element or their SE.

Sophia
Sep 20, 2007, 08:03 PM
Yes, Yak Zagenga. I know what you meant, i just thought "Panic" sounded funny xD
Is it some kind of jp onry thing? Cause here its "HP affects power"

amtalx
Sep 21, 2007, 07:15 AM
I like Panic much better. I think I'm just going to call it that from now on and pretend people know what I'm talking about.

Menochi
Sep 21, 2007, 11:58 PM
Thats the term players call it, though the game calls it pretty much the same thing as 'HP affects power". Its definately an appropriate title, the closer to death, the more damage it deals, the more you panic and get the adrenaline pumping.

Sophia
Sep 22, 2007, 02:54 AM
Its also good for videos.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Arika
Sep 22, 2007, 03:52 AM
Panic xbow, okay, note..note...note ..no more zagenga , it is "panic"!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

gryphonvii
Sep 22, 2007, 11:33 PM
I would recommend plasma for the shotty because at 21, out of five shots, at least one is likely to stun, it increases your life expectancy in the midst of a horde of small monsters because you wont get hit as much