PDA

View Full Version : PSU Script: Chapter 3: Relics (Spoilers)

Sinue_v2
Sep 19, 2007, 04:40 PM
In a far away galaxy, lies a sun, orbited by 3 planets. The Gurhal system.
A place inhabited by humans, and their creations,
CASTs, Newmens, and beasts.
For 500 years, there was war among the races,
a seemingly never-ending conflict. Then finally...
An era of peace and prosperity that has lasted for 100 years.
But now, a darkness has awoken, and threatens the Universe.

(Opening Cinema)

Episode 1 Chapter 3: Relics

Ethan's Room
--------------------
(Cutscene)
(Ethan is sleeping in his room. A beeping noise sounds indicating an incoming call. An image of Hyuga appears above Ethan's Vision Phone.)
--Hyuga: Ethan! You awake yet? Up and at 'em. *Sigh* Come on, get up you lazy bum!
(Pete appears from off screen answer the call)
--Pete: Good morning, Master Hyuga.
--Hyuga: Hey, Pete. Maybe you'll have better success at this. Wanna try waking him up?
--Pete: Certainly. Just one moment, sir.
(Pete hovers over to Ethan's bedside)
--Pete: Ethan, sorry to disturb you... but Master Hyuga is here.
(Ethan rolls over in bed, his flailing arm crashes into Pete, knocking him away)
--Ethan: Unh.. unnnh...
--Pete: Oooh!
--Hyuga: Hmm, looks like you're not having much luck either.
--Pete: My sincerest apologies... It seems like extreme measures are called for. Please wait just a moment.
(Pete hovers over to Ethan's head and grabs his ears, pulling him up and out of bed. Still holding on to Ethan's ears, Pete drags Ethan over to the Vision Phone)
--Ethan: What the...?! Ow! OW! Pete! Knock it off! Hey! I said knock it off! Let me go! What are you...? OW!! Cut it out... Pete... please... OW!
--Hyuga: Good morning, Ethan. I trust you slept well?
--Ethan: You better have a good reason for this.
--Hyuga: We're being sent to the Parum ruins. Karen's asked for us. I'm already in the city, in area B2. We need to...
--Ethan: The ruins? Is this about that Relics site?
--Hyuga: You got it. Now will 'ya get it into gear?
--Ethan: Hey, Hyuga... Ow! Pete, you can let go of my ear now!
--Pete: Oh... my apologies.
(End Cutscene)

(Scene: Ethan, Pete)
--Ethan: Morning, Pete.
--Pete: Good morning, Ethan.
--Ethan: Don't you think that maybe you went a little overboard just now? I thought you were gonna pull my ears right off!
--Pete: My sincerest apologies. Fortunately, however, I now know the most effective way of waking you up!
--Ethan: Woah, hold on a sec! Are you saying you plan on doing that again? C'mon Pete, gimme a break!
--Pete: If you find it uncomfortable, might I suggest waking up a bit earlier?
--Ethan: All right, all right! But because you were yanking on my ears so hard, I couldn't hear where Hyuga said he'd be waiting. Somewhere in the city... Where was it again?
--Pete: Area B2. Clyez City, on the fourth floor near GUARDIANS Headquarters.
--Ethan: Well then, I'd better hop to it.
--Pete: Before you go... I've prepared information on some matters you may wish to hear about. Would you care to listen?
---(Ask about Karen Erra)
--Pete: Karen's exact date of birth is unknown. Fifteen years ago she was discovered as a babe, alone in the woods. She was raised by the Shidow family on Neudaiz. Despite being a newman, who are renowned for their TECHNIC abilities, she is unable to use such powers.
--Ethan: Hm... Perhaps... Well... Maybe she's strong enough that she doesn't need to use them? Actually, it never occurred to me before. I guess she kicks so much butt I just never really noticed!
--Pete: Her inability to use TECHNICs may have been what pushed her to become such a skilled swordsperson.
--Ethan: Yeah... That must have been really tough for her.
---(Ask about Kalam and Norphe)
--Pete: It appears that the Green Green Farm has reopened for business. They are a much smaller scale operation now.
--Ethan: I hope it works out for them!
--Pete: Indeed.
--Ethan: They've sure got their work cut out for them.
---(Ask about Relics)
--Pete: A few days ago, the RELICS site your party discovered...
--Ethan: Oh, I heard that a team of civilian archaeologists were going in to investigate!
--Pete: About that... It seems that all communications have been cut off, and the worst is feared.
--Ethan: What?!
--Pete: Since the SEED invaded, numerous RELICS have been discovered, one after another. But recently, many teams sent in to investigate have begun disappearing.
--Ethan: There seem to be a lot of unanswered questions about the RELICS.
--Pete: Yes, there are. But prior to the SEED invasion, investigating RELICS wasn't really dangerous at all, so it may be just negligence on the part of the research teams. If you ever have the chance to visit a RELICS site, be sure to take adequate care.
---(Ask Later)
--Pete: Please feel free to inquire again at any time. With that said, it appears the location for you next mission is on Parum again.
--Ethan: Yeah, but... today it's going to be a real commission, right? Even though they call it "field work," the most serious thing I've done so far was that assignment in the pasture. The rest of the time I've just been looking for runaway pets and settling domestic squabbles.
--Pete: Guardians, who carry the task of protecting the world, mustn't go around questioning the size or importance of their missions. Everyone has different things that are important to them. Those duties that bring happiness to people are what the GUARDIANS are all about.
--Ethan (thinking): ...Am I being preached to by machinery...?
--Pete: Ethan... Are you listening?
--Ethan: Yeah yeah. I understand. You can save the sermon for somebody else.
--Pete: I wonder if you truly understand... Oh, there is one more thing I must tell you. You received a message from GUARDIANS Headquarters. Don't forget to check your vision phone.
--Ethan: All right.

(View vision phone -> License update)
Message: Upon review of your performance during your training missions, you have been granted access to Type Select and Free Mission. For further details and a license update, please visit GUARDIANS Headquarters.

Clyez City: Central Table
-------------------------------------
(Arsh Milzu)
--Ethan: Mrs. Milzu, didn't you move to Neudaiz a while back?
--Mrs. Milzu: My husband felt it was safer here on the colony, so I came back by myself.
--Ethan: By yourself?
--Mrs. Milzu: The colony, where I was born and raised, is the easiest place to live, after all!
--Ethan: Interesting!
---(Again)
--Ethan: What's the matter?
--Mrs. Milzu: Oh no, it's nothing. I'm just a bit bored is all.

(Old Man)
--Old Man: Lately we've been getting a lot of pale-faced weaklings in the GUARDIANS...
--Ethan: Um...
--Old Man: If you want to get anywhere with the GUARDIANS, you've gotta put some meat on those bones!
---(Again)
--Old Man: You wanna go grab something to eat? Of course, you'd be paying...
--Ethan: N-No thanks...

(Beast Male)
--Beast Male: I heard there are a number of missing researchers who were investigating the RELICS site. I've got a friend from the archaeological society who is going to go study the RELICS. I'm very worried about her.
---(Again)
--Beast Male: Is investigating RELICS really worth someone's life?

(Gapard Raz)
--Ethan: Hey Gapard, what is it you do here, day after day?
--Gapard: I'm a student and I'm between studies.
--Ethan: A student? You look so much older than me, though.
--Gapard: Well, I'm 21...
--Ethan: You're only four years older than me!
--Gapard: Yeah, so what's your point?
--Ethan: I dunno. I guess I thought you were older...
---(Again)
--Gapard: What now?
--Ethan: Don't you have anything better to do?
--Gapard: Mind your own business!

(Newman Male)
--Newman Male: RELICS are supposed to be the remains of an ancient civilization, right? But what kind of civilization were they? They say they were even more advanced that we are today. So then why did their civilization collapse?
---(Again)
--Newman Male: What caused the ancient civilization to collapse?

(Human Male)
--Human Male: It looks like they discovered some RELICS again on Parum. They've been finding a lot of those recently. I can't help but wonder, what exactly are the RELICS? They may be the remnants of an ancient civilization, but I hear they are far more advanced than our technology today! Does that mean we're going backwards?
---(Again)
--Human Male: What exactly happened to that ancient civilization?

Clyez City: Shopping Mall A: Second Floor
---------------------------------------------------------------
(Kumil Godes)
--Ethan: Hi, Kumil. Your dad's name is Fisul, isn't it?
--Kumil: You know my dad?
--Ethan: Yeah, we've met.
--Kumil: You should make friends with my dad!

(Engineer)
--Engineer: When the Synthesis Shop opens, you should look into synthesizing items. you can do that by using your partner machine. With just some raw materials and a board, your partner can manufacture items for you.
---(Again)
--Engineer: Your partner machine will undoubtedly be quite useful. There's simply no excuse not to learn about all it's functions and abilities!

(Mikua Tesran)
--Ethan: Hey Mikua, you don't look very happy. What's up?
--Mikua: The only guys who ever come talk to me are guys like you. I'm so sick of it!
--Ethan: So then, who would you want to talk to?
--Mikua: Hm... I think my type would be a quiet, older beast...
--Ethan: Geez, well excuse me for being a talkative young human!
---(Again)
--Ethan: Hey, Mikua!
--Mikua: Didn't you listen to what I was saying!?

(Human Girl)
--Human Girl: It appears the repairs on the Linear line are due to b completed any day now. But even better than that, I heard they’ve developed a method that will purify the SEED!
---(Again)
--Human Girl: Oh, come on. I came all this way and now I've got to take a detour!?

(Fat Man)
--Fat Man: You're in the GUARDIANS with Karen Erra, aren't you? I saw her on the GUARDIANS Bulletin News before. It sure must be nice working with her. She seems so strong and intelligent! I'd like to be instructed by her.
---(Again)
--Fat Man: To be taught by Karen Erra would be the greatest gift of all!

(Nano Transformer Fan)
--Nano Transformer Fan: Do you know how a nano transformer works? An item is instantaneously transformed into a particle state, and stored away. When you retrieve the item, it is instantaneously reverted back to it's normal state. This is an incredible invention. Hey, are you even listening to me? Fine. I'm done. I won't say another word!
---(Again)
--Nano Transformer Fan: When you feel like listening, I'll continue!

(Mefon Lead)
--Ethan: Hello, Mrs. Lead!
--Mrs. Lead: Oh Ethan, how are you? Have you adjusted yet?
--Ethan: Yeah, for the most part. For my first mission, they sent me to Parum!
--Mrs. Lead: By the look on your face, I'm assuming it was a successful mission?
--Ethan: Yes it was, thank you!
---(Again)
--Mrs. Lead: You're working now, right? You'd better hurry up then!

Clyez City: Shopping Mall B: Third Floor
-----------------------------------------------------------
(Mischec Pord)
--Ethan: Hey Mischec, how are you doing?
--Mischec: I'm fine. Aren't you tired though?
--Ethan: Not at all!
--Mischec: Good luck with your missions!
--Ethan: Thanks!
---(Again)
--Ethan: What's wrong, Mischec?
--Mischec: I want to hurry up and grow up so I can join the GUARDIANS, too.

(A-Photon Fanatic)
--A-Photon Fanatic: From here on out, it's all about A-Photons! Unstable mystical energy photons... Pshaw! They're already yesterday's technology!
---(Again)
--A-Photon Fanatic: I can't wait for a world full of A-Photon products!

(Photon Fanatic)
--Photon Fanatic: Photons really are convenient. The best thing about them is how they reflect your own spirit energy back at you. The more strength you assert, the strong the resulting energy is. It's truly the stuff of dreams.
---(Again)
--Photon Fanatic: A-Photons, after all, were born from photons. That's why photons are the best!

(Astronomer)
--Astronomer: If it were something like a meteor's orbit... then calculating the origin of the SEED would be a simple task! However, it's difficult to get an accurate reading by radar from the SEED. Their orbit is extremely unusual. The SEED can far surpass any spaceship. They are extremely mobile.
---(Again)
--Astronomer: It is physically impossible to examine every single inch of the Gurhal System... My head hurts.

(Endy Fodz)
--Ethan: Hey, Endy! I just recently rode on a PPT Shuttle for the first time!
--Endy: Really? Where'd you go?
--Ethan: To Parum. On a mission.
--Endy: Nice! I heard you got partnered up with Hyuga Ryght. Did you manage to clear all your mission objectives?
--Ethan: Of course!
---(Again)
--Ethan: You, me, and Hyuga should all hang out sometime soon.
--Endy: Yeah, tell him I said hi!

Clyez City: PPT Spaceport: Fourth Floor
-----------------------------------------------------------
(Ethan looks around)
--Ethan (thinking): It looks like Hyuga hasn't arrived yet. Wait, that notice from GUARDIANS Headquarters... I guess I'll go see what that's all about.

(Jabutz Secbel)
--Ethan: Hello, Manager of Operations Secbel!
--Jabutz: ...
--Ethan: ... Mr. Secbel?
--Jabutz: Chief Manager of Operations! Get it right!
--Ethan: Sorry...
---(Again)
--Ethan: Sorry about before...
--Jabutz: Mistaking someone's position is a clear sign of disrespect!
--Ethan: Sorry...

(Beast Male)
--Beast Male: On Parum there's a doctrine of CAST supremacy. That's not where the notion of ill-mannered CASTs comes from, but you can certainly say that humans aren't very comfortable with the situation!
---(Again)
--Beast Male: It's best to live like we do on the G-Golony, in a world with no discrimination.

(Porsh Tuvol)
--Ethan: Hey, Porsh. Where were you before you came here?
--Porsh: I was at the PPT Spaceport on Moatoob.
--Ethan: Really? A while back I rode on a PPT Shuttle for the first time, but I've never been to Moatoob.
--Porsh: It's not that great a place...
---(Again)
--Ethan: I think from now on I'll be riding the PPT Shuttle a lot. See you around!
--Porsh: Yeah, you too.

(Keiko Rotta)
--Ethan: Huh? Wasn't this the gate for Parum?
--Keiko: Unreliable Guardian! The Gurhal System doesn't stand a chance with you defending us!
--Ethan: Excuse me?
---(Again)
--Keiko: You humans are all the same...

(Linear Line PPT Gate Attendant)
--Linear Line PPT Gate Attendant: This gate is for the Linear Line Platform. When traveling to mission locations here in the GUARDIANS colony, you can access the Linear Line from this gate.

Clyez City: Guardians Headquarters: Fifth Floor
---------------------------------------------------------------------
(Lou)
--Lou: How was Parum?
--Ethan: There are all different kinds of CASTs out there...
--Lou: There are many different kinds of humans, too. The intelligent ones are ones who aren't bogged down with useless things like emotions.
--Ethan: That's not true!
---(Again)
--Lou: I don't understand the need for emotions.
--Ethan: Of course you don't.

(Reporter)
--Reporter: What are RELICS like? I've never seen an actual RELICS site. If you ever get the chance to see one, tell me all about it! I'll write an article about it.

(Human Male)
--Human Male: You went to Parum? The CAST-run system isn't necessarily bad...But as long as they continue to look down their noses at other races, the tense atmosphere of Parum will stay the same.
--(Again)
--Human Male: Just as there are many different kinds of people and opinions, there are CASTs who feel differently, as well. I'm sure you'll be exposed to this eventually.

(Before receiving your permit)
--Type Change Counter Attendant: This is the Type Selection desk. You have not received your Type Change permit yet. I'm sorry, but when you receive your permit, please come again.

(Fisul Godes)
--Ethan: Hello, sir!
--Mr. Godes: Hey, is that you, Waber? You're the son of that Olson Waber, aren't you?
--Ethan: You knew my father?
--Mr. Godes: I didn't know him personally, but I did know of him. He was well-respected in his day.
--Ethan: Right.
---(Again)
--Mr. Godes: By the way, you know my daughter Kumil, correct?
--Ethan: Oh, yeah!
--Mr. Godes: It would appear she is quite fond of you.
--Ethan: Oh. Uh... That's interesting!

(Mina)
--Mina: Welcome to the GUARDIANS, protectors of the future of Gurhal!
--Ethan: Hi, Mina.
--Mina: Hello, Mr. Waber.
--Ethan: I got a message telling me to come here.
--Mina: Ah, yes! You've received a permit to participate in Free Missions and Type Selection. I'll explain... What should I start with?
---(Ask about Free Missions)
--Mina: Typically a client comes in with a request for the GUARDIANS, which is then forwarded to the pertinent branch, either here on the colony or on the planets, where it's then assigned to the appropriate person. You know this much, I assume?
--Ethan: Yeah, of course!
--Mina: Since the SEED invasion, the number of commissions from citizens has skyrocketed. But there's a limit to the amount an individual citizen can procure for compensation, especially in exchange for some of the larger-scale cases. Also, when dispatching Guardians to deal with these catastrophes, if there's a sudden SEED outbreak, dealing with that and resulting contamination in a timely manner becomes very difficult.
--Ethan: I see.
--Mina: In order to remedy that situation, the GUARDIANS and political representatives from the various planets set to negotiations. The result of those talks was that Guardians, regardless of their current mission status, who help in purification of SEED-infected areas and help suppress the ensuing altered life forms, will be paid a suitable fee based on the results of their actions. This is what a Free Mission is.
--Ethan: I get it! If I exterminate all the SEED-altered life forms in an area, not only do I get the practice, if I do well I can also earn some money! Like a job!
--Mina: That is correct. Now, to find out which areas are taking damage, there is information available at the Mission Counter at transportation facilities like the Flyer Base. From there you can join Free Missions at your leisure. Also, from your GUARDIANS lodgings, use the vision phone to receive messages from the TTB regarding new Free Mission updates.
--Ethan: Sounds good!
--Mina: Well then, let me renew your GUARDIANS license.
---(Free Mission now available)
--Mina: For example, I hear that now in Parum's Raffon Meadow, altered creatures have become a really big problem.
(Creature Discomfort Free Mission available)
---(Ask about Type Select)
--Mina: During battle, the main computer here sends combat information to the Guardians involved. It's called "automatic support." This support system differs based on an individual Guardians's combat style. Those different styles are called "types." For example, the kind of weapons used differs with each type. Your current type is "Hunter." However, that can be changed using Type Selection.
--Ethan: Can you only change your type once?
--Mina: No. At the type selection counter behind this one, you can change your type as many times as you wish. As you earn mission points you can also raise the level of your current type. Even if you change levels, the levels of your previous types do not change. You can choose the best type suited to fit each mission.
--Ethan: Got it.
--Mina: Well then allow me to renew your GUARDIANS license.
(Type Selection now available)
---(Nothing Thanks)
--Ethan: Thanks a lot! I think I got it down, for the most part. Oh, have you seen Hyuga?
--Mina: Hyuga Ryght?
--Ethan: Yeah, I've got a mission with him coming up. He was supposed to be waiting around here, but I don't see him anywhere.
--Mina: Yes, now that you mention it, a little while ago, a Guardian returning from a mission said that Hyuga was in front of the PPT gate making... advances... on some girl.
--Ethan: Oh geez... Thanks, I'll go find him.
--Mina: You're welcome. Do be careful out there! And my the Holy Light guide you!
---(Talk to Mina again)
--Mina: Hyuga is over by the PPT gate, I think.

Clyez City: PPT Spaceport: Fourth Floor
----------------------------------------------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Hyuga, Lumia)
(As Ethan approaches the PPT gate to Parum, he spies Hyuga talking to his sister Lumia)
--Ethan: Lumia!
--Lumia: Oh, Ethan!
--Ethan: Hyuga! Are you trying to pick up on my little sister or what?
--Lumia: Hyuga was just asking me if I'd like to go to the amusement park in the resort block.
--Ethan: Lumia, you're a little young to be dating! Haven't you heard the rumors about this guy?
--Hyuga: What are you talking about? I'm a perfect gentleman!
--Ethan: I think the Holy Light is steering you in a dangerous direction, Hyuga.
--Lumia: Don't butt in, Ethan! I've been out with boys before!
--Ethan: What are you talking about? You've never stepped foot off this colony!
--Lumia: Why do you treat me like a child all the time? I hate you!!
(Lumia exits)
--Ethan: And that's exactly why I treat her like a child...
--Hyuga: Aren't you going to go after her?
--Ethan: Forget it. Where's Karen?
--Hyuga: She said she was going down to Holtes City first.
--Ethan: Let's hurry to Parum, then.
--Hyuga: Hold on.
--Ethan: Hm?
--Hyuga: It looks like we might see some more action on this mission. Let's go to the shopping mall and make sure we're adequately prepared.
--Ethan: Let's just go straight to Holtes City then. We can check out the GRM store. I heard the selection here on the colony doesn't hold a candle to the GRM stuff.
--Hyuga: No, GRM is sort of...
--Ethan: Ah, say no more, I understand.
--Hyuga: You do?
--Ethan: You've been spending all your money on dates, and now you're broke, right? GRM products are better, but they're not exactly cheap, are they?
--Hyuga: Well... uh... Yeah, you got me. Heh.
--Ethan: Well then, lets meet up at the GUARDIANS Branch. I'll go ahead of you.
--Hyuga: Uh, could you hold on for a moment, Ethan?
--Ethan: Hm? What is it now?
--Hyuga: Have you picked up your Free Mission permit yet?
--Ethan: Yeah, I just did.
--Hyuga: Me too, actually. So here, I'm giving you this.
(Receive Hyuga's partner card)
--Ethan: Huh? What's this?
--Hyuga: Don't you remember? From training the other day? If you've got someone else's card, even if they aren't around at that moment, you can communicate with them, regardless. Karen explained it to us.
--Ethan: I think I remember... Uh... What did she say about it?
--Hyuga: You weren't listening at all, were you?
--Ethan: !! Don't be a jerk. Of course I listened! Look, here's my partner card. Take it!
(Partner Card given to Hyuga)
--Ethan: And then? Now that we've exchanged cards, what's next?
--Hyuga (thinking): You have no idea how this works, do you?
--Hyuga: Basically... Use it to invite me to your party during Free Missions.
--Ethan: Wow, I don't think I've ever heard you invite a guy anywhere. Are you gonna bring me flowers next?
--Hyuga: Cut it out, Ethan. During the Free Mission I figured it would be a good time for you to begin your sword training.
--Ethan: What!?
--Hyuga: Well, like it or not, we're going to be fighting alongside one another... And you make a lot of mistakes. You know that, right? And that affects my mission points, too... which adds up over time!
--Ethan: Get over yourself, Mr. Big Shot! We were in the same class!
--Hyuga: Maybe, but in the sword skills class in training school, you didn't beat me once!
--Ethan: Ugh! Don't remind me...
(Partner Card Tutorial)
--Ethan: I see. So if I ever feel like it, I'll give you an invite.
--Hyuga: Indeed you should!
(End Scene)

Holtes City: Central District
----------------------------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Karen)
(As Ethan exits the PPT Spaceport, Karen approaches)
--Karen: Ethan? Wow, early for a change? I'm impressed!
--Ethan: Don't be so self-important! It's not like you're older than me or anything.
--Karen: We may be the same age, but I'm still your instructor. And that attitude will not be tolerated!
--Ethan: Hmph!
--Karen: Moving on, today's mission will take place at the RELICS site we found before.
--Ethan: Yeah. I heard something about a research team of archaeologists going in.
--Karen: Exactly... But we seem to have lost communication with them.
--Ethan: That's what Pete said. Is the RELICS site really that dangerous of a place?
--Karen: Not at all. Until recently there has never been trouble at a RELICS site. Otherwise, it would be unthinkable for them to send in a team unguarded.
--Ethan: So the client is somehow connected to the archaeology team?
--Karen: Not exactly. When you meet him you'll understand. There's a bit of trouble with a part of the mission they're fussing over and they're still negotiating. It will be a while before our mission begins. --Ethan: Really! Well then, how about a Free Mission to kill some time?
--Karen: Ah, you got a Free Mission permit, too? How very prudent of you! Why don't we exchange partner cards?
(Receive Karen's partner card)
--Ethan: Now that we've traded these...
--Karen: Ah, I'll train you. Now, ordinarily the mission always takes trop priority, but there's nothing we can do about that now, so...
--Ethan: Go easy on me!
(End Scene)

(Karen)
--Karen: Hm? If you want to go on the Free Mission I'd be happy to come along.
(Add Karen to Party)
--Karen: Nice and prudent. I'll drill it into you. I'll be waiting at the Flyer Base.
(Remove Karen from Party)
--Karen: It looks like we've still got quite a bit of time before the mission begins. Let's do a Free Mission to pass the time.

(PPT Caseal)
--Ethan: Huh? Which way is the flyer base again?
--PPT Caseal: Silly Guardian! I guess you really can only depend on the Alliance Military...
--Ethan: Excuse me?
---(Again)
--PPT Caseal: I can't stand young humans.

(Green Cast)
--Green Cast: You again! I thought I explained to you that I don't want to be bothered by the likes of you! Get out of here or I'll call the police!
---(Again)
--Green Cast: Get out of my face!

(Blue Caseal)
--Blue Caseal: You aren't from around here, are you? I don't make small talk with humans. Not too bright, are you?
---(Again)
--Blue Caseal: Stupid human, how many times do I have to say it?

(Yellow Cast)
--Yellow Cast: Look, I asked you to leave me alone, didn't I? I can't be seen talking to a human. It could really ruin my reputation!
---(Again)
--Yellow Cast: The perception of others is important, even to an enlightened CAST like me!

(AMF Cast)
--Ethan: Hey, you got a second?
--AMF Cast: You're a Guardian, aren't you? I saw you before, in Raffon Meadow.
--Ethan: You were there, too?
--AMF Cast: Of course, I was there for a mission!
---(Again)
--AMF Cast: Get out of here! It's your guys' fault the captain's in a bad mood.

(Traveling Cast)
--Ethan: Hello there. What are you up to?
--Traveling Cast: Nothing, really.
--Ethan: You look like you've got some free time. Are you doing some traveling?
--Traveling Cast: A bit...
--Ethan: I guess not all CASTs are workaholics...

Holtes City: West District
(Speal Fonce)
--Ethan: Hello, Speal.
--Speal: ...
--Ethan: Are you not talking to me because of the whole CAST supremacy thing?
--Speal: If you already know about it then there isn't much else to say. There are people who get extremely upset when they see humans and CASTs socializing.
--Ethan: Parum is such a pain!
---(Again)
--Ethan: Well...
--Speal: Please, don't cause any trouble for me.

(Yokus Melton)
--Ethan: Hey, Yokus! How are you doing?
--Yokus: ...Oh. Hi, Ethan.
--Ethan: So what's it like working in this town? Isn't it tough with all the discrimination?
--Yokus: I guess so. Sometimes.
--Ethan: You should go back to the colony sometime!
---(Again)
--Ethan: Hey.
--Yokus: I won't go back. I've already decided I'll never go back to the colony.
--Ethan: Okay...

(Mikaris Geid)
--Ethan: Hi, Mikaris.
--Mikaris: Oh hello, Ethan. I see you're back! So have you adjusted to life on Parum yet?
--Ethan: No, not yet.
--Mikaris: You're here for a mission, aren't you? Good luck with that!
--Ethan: Thank you.
---(Again)
--Ethan: Mikaris... Um...
--Mikaris: What's wrong? You look so serious.
--Ethan: The CAST supremacists have kind of got me down.
--Mikaris: I guess I can understand that.

(AMF Guard)
--AMF Guard: You again! It's a compete waste of time talking to you. Scram!
---(Again)
--AMF Guard: I said scram! If you bother me again I'll have you arrested!

----G.R.M Shop
--------------------
(Stank Geece)
--Ethan: Hello there, Commander Geece.
--Geece: Hi Ethan.
--Ethan: Commander, do you know Captain Curtz?
--Geece: Yes, but I haven't seen him much recently. Why do you ask?
--Ethan: It's just... he's kind of...
---(Again)
--Geece: Captain Curtz is a firm supporter of the CAST supremacy. It would be best for you to be careful around him.
--Ethan: Yes, I see... Thanks for the warning.

(Madris Carn)
--Ethan: Hi Madris!
--Madris: Hey! Are you here for another mission? Or are you here to join the Alliance Military?
--Ethan: Nah, I'm a Guardian through and through!
--Madris: Now that's devotion!
---(Again)
--Madris: There are rumors flying around about some Guardians hanging around Raffon Meadow...You'd better be careful not to upset the Alliance Military!

---Clothing Shop
-----------------------
(Norphe)
--Norphe: Thanks to you, Green Green Farm has been reopened! We're going to work hard and build an even better reputation than before. Just you wait and see!
---(Again)
--Norphe: When you get a chance, come back to visit the ranch again!

(Kalam)
--Kalam: Hey! Next time, teach me some of those fancy sword moves of yours. I may be small, but I still want to be able to watch over Norphe. She gets upset at the smallest things, so I need to learn to be the strong one.
---(Again)
--Kalam: I wanna be strong like you!

---Parts Shop
--------------------
(Prafo Kaluen)
--Ethan: Hey, Prafo!
--Prafo: Hey, it's the Guardian!
--Ethan: That's right, I never told you my name. I'm Ethan Waber. Pleased to meet you!
--Prafo: Nice to meet ya, Ethan!
---(Again)
--Prafo: When you grow up, let's become CASTs in the Alliance Military together!
--Ethan: (What is this kid talking about?)

Holtes City: East District
------------------------------------
(Human Male)
--Human Male: It just isn't fair!

(Rol Medoc)
--Ethan: Hey, we meet again!
--Rol: ...
--Ethan: What's up with you? You're not your usual charming self today.
--Rol: Be quiet. My grandfather is sick.
--Ethan: You don't mean... Qurio?
--Rol: You know him?
--Ethan: Yeah.
---(Again)
--Ethan: Well then, shouldn't you be at home with him instead of hanging around here?
--Rol: Shut up! You're not the boss of me!

(Quiro Medoc)
--Ethan: Mr. Medoc, what's the matter?
--Mr. Medoc: I haven't been feeling too well lately. Looks like my time's almost up.
--Ethan: Cheer up, Mr. Medoc! Being glum won't help you get any better!
--Mr. Medoc: It's all right. I'd just like to go as quickly as possible.
---(Again if you talk to Mr. Medoc first)
--Ethan: Mr. Medoc, do you live alone?
--Mr. Medoc: I've got a granddaughter, but I might as well be alone.
---(Again after speaking with his Granddaughter)
--Ethan: Mr. Medoc, your granddaughter tells me she's worried about you.
--Mr. Medoc: Could that girl really be worried about me?
--Ethan: She really was. Don't feel down!

Holtes City: Guardians Branch
(Human Woman)
--Human Woman: Did you notice that ever sine the SEED appeared more RELICS have been discovered one after another? Thanks to the archaeologists, we're busy investigating RELICS left and right. But so many research teams have gone missing. It's kind of creepy.
---(Again)
--Human Woman: What is it that's so dangerous about the RELICS?

(Human Male)
--Human Male: Do you understand what I said before, about there being all kinds of different CASTs? You've probably been met with some scorn yourself. I have to believe a day will come when we can all live together in harmony.
---(Again)
--Human Male: Hold your head up high and do the best you can.

(Black Cast)
--Black Cast: There's a huge beast called the De Ragan that roams the Raffon Meadow. He can usually be found way up in the highlands. But ever since the SEED came, he's been sighted as low as the grasslands.
---(Again)
--Black Cast: I've been so busy because of the SEED...

(Sheena)
--Sheena: Welcoming!
--Ethan: Uh, excuse me. I heard that there was a hold up with the next mission, and wanted to find out the status.
--Sheena: Hmm, letting me see... Please make your time. Hmm, it looks like they gonna will be taking more time.
--Ethan: I see. Well, I'll stop in again later.
--Sheena: I am understanding.

(Ethan and party undertake a Free Mission)
(Upon returning from Free Mission)

Ethan (thinking): They've probably worked things out with the client by now. Let's go check the GUARDIANS Branch.

(Return to Holtes City Guardians Branch)

Holtes City: Guardians Branch
(Scene: Ethan, Hyuga)
(Ethan walks up to the main counter where Hyuga is waiting)
--Hyuga: Ah, Ethan! Perfect timing!
--Ethan: What's up, Hyuga?
--Hyuga: I just heard from Sheena. Karen is currently in the midst of negotiations with the client. Let's go to the meeting room.
(Hyuga and Ethan exit to the meeting room)

Parum Guardians Branch: Meeting Room
------------------------------------------------------------
(Cutscene)
(Hyuga and Ethan enter the Meeting Room. Karen is sitting at a table, the client sitting opposite from her. She stands to greet them)
--Karen: Good, you're here. I want to introduce you to our client. Dr. Dorson is a Relics archaeologist.
(All three sit before their client)
--Karen: Now, as I was saying to the Doctor a moment ago, about the Relics site discovered the other day, we've already lost several teams in there, and they were professionals. It's just too dangerous for you.
--Dr. Dorson: But I must examine this Relics site! I'll go alone if I have to!
--Ethan: He wants to come with us?
--Hyuga: It's no place for a citizen.
--Karen: That's what I've been trying to explain to him.
--Dr. Dorson: You don't realize the importance of this place. The key to saving our world could be inside this Relics site!
--Karen: Let me make this clear. We cannot promise your safety.
--Dr. Dorson: I am well aware of that! I must go! Either way, I will go!
--Karen: Very well. However, if at any point I feel the mission has become too dangerous, I'll abort it. Do I make myself clear?
--Dr. Dorson: Y-Yes. Absolutely.
--Hyuga: You sure about this, Karen?
--Karen: We'll see.
(End Cutscene)

(Scene: Ethan, Hyuga, Karen, Dr. Dorson)
--Karen: After preparations are complete, form the party and we’ll begin our investigative mission at the Raffon RELICS. Ethan, when you feel it is time, form the party and register everyone. When registering, you've got to be within the city limits. You can come find us in person, or you can use the partner cards. When you're ready, I'll be at the GUARDIANS Branch in the Eastern District.
--Hyuga: I'll be waiting in the central plaza.
--Ethan: What about you, doctor? While we're getting ready, maybe you'd like to go shopping or something?
--Dr. Dorson: Don't be a fool! I'm not stepping foot outside until we leave for the RELICS site!
--Ethan (thinking): What are you so afraid of?
--Karen: ... I'll make sure to bring Dr. Dorson along for the mission... Ethan, you can just add me and Hyuga to the party.
--Ethan: All right.
(Relics Inquiry mission available)
--Karen: Great. You are dismissed!
(End Scene)

Parum Guardians Branch
(Sheena)
--Sheena: Good luck-ness on your mission!

(Lou)
(After meeting Dr. Dorson, Lou appears)
--Lou: Dr. Dorson will be accompanying you?
--Ethan: Yeah, it seems so.
--Lou: It would be best to rethink that plan.
--Ethan: I think it's sketchy to bring civilians along, too.
--Lou: It is not just that.
--Ethan: What then?
--Lou: That I cannot say.

Holtes City: East District
(Talk to Karen)
--Karen: Are you ready to go?
(Add Karen to party)
--Karen: If you're ready to head out on the RELICS mission, I'll bring Dr. Dorson along, so you don't need to worry about adding him to the party.
(Remove Karen from Party)
--Karen: For the mission at the RELICS site, both myself and Hyuga are required participants.

Holtes City: Central Square
----------------------------------------
(Talk to Hyuga)
--Hyuga: What is it, Ethan? I'm busy here. If you've got business, cut to the chase.
(Add Hyuga to party)
--Hyuga: I've got some important business, so I'll be along later. Head to the Flyer Base and wait for me there.
--Ethan (thinking): What kind of "important business" does he have? I wonder...
(Remove Hyuga from Party)
--Hyuga: You still aren't ready yet? Please don't hole me up.

(Young Girl)
--Young Girl: Hyuga, you're so funny! Maybe we should go out sometime!

(Enter Flyer Base and select "RELICS Inquiry" mission)

Raffon Meadow: Block D-1
--------------------------------------
--Karen: To reach the RELICS site, we've got to get through Raffon Meadow. But as you know, this area has been contaminated by the SEED and the local life has been altered. This time we also need to take into account the safety of Dr. Dorson... and carry out our mission while protecting his safety. So straighten up and move out!
--Hyuga: Understood.
--Ethan: Roger!
(Ethan pulls Karen off to the side)
--Ethan: Karen, I don't know about that doctor guy... Do you think he'll be cool? I mean, if he panics while we're in battle it could be a huge problem!
--Dr. Dorson: You know, I can hear everything you're saying.
--Ethan: Oops!
--Dr. Dorson: Don't worry about me. I'm a bit of a marksman myself. Plus, I'm paying a very large compensation fee... with the understanding that you'll protect me, of course.
--Ethan (thinking): Didn't you say you were prepared for any consequences?
--Dr. Dorson: Listen here... If the Gurhal System lost a person with my intellect, it would be an enormous loss!
--Ethan: W-Well...
--Karen: It's all right, Doctor.
--Ethan: Karen...
--Karen: I apologize for my impolite subordinate. We need to start for the RELICS site immediately.
--Dr. Dorson: Hm.
--Karen: Also, as I told you before, if I ever feel that this mission has become too dangerous, I will not hesitate to end it immediately!
--Dr. Dorson: I understand.
(End Scene)

(Trial Start)
(Fight your way through Raffon Meadow blocks D-1 and D-2)
(Trial End)

Raffon: AMF Field Base
----------------------------------
--Ethan: This is where the Alliance Military was stationed!
--Hyuga: Looks like it's completely empty now.
--Karen: We'll be taking a different route than before.

(Exit to Raffon Meadow: Block E-1)

Raffon Meadow: Block E-1
(Near the end of the block, a short scene will start)
--Hyuga: In this area, SEED damage seems relatively minor.
--Ethan: Yeah, it does.
(Karen bends down to inspect something on the soil)
--Ethan: Huh? What is it Karen?
--Karen: No, it's nothing... It's probably just my imagination.
--Ethan: ?
--Dr. Dorson: Hey! What are you all just standing around for? Hurry up and take me to the RELICS site!
--Karen: All right, lets move on.
(As the three exit the field, the camera pans up to reveal large footprints in the ground)

Raffon Meadow: Block E-2
---------------------------------------
(Cutscene)
--Ethan: Just what is this place? It looks like somebody set off an explosive here.
--Karen: Hmm. Look at this... This wasn't caused by Alliance weaponry. A De Ragan's nest.
--Dr. Dorson: A De Ragan's nest?
--Karen: We have to leave at once.
(In the distance, a large flock of birds is disturbed and takes to the air. Just then, a large gust of wind buffets the party as the De Ragan soars above them)
--Karen: It's too late! We'll have to fight it! Watch out for it's fire! Everyone scatter!
(The De Ragan circles overhead and shoots a ball of fire towards the group, narrowly missing them as they flee. The De Ragan crashes to the ground and roars)
(End Cutscene)

(Trial Start)
--Karen (shouting): His entire body is covered with hard skin! His head is his weak point. Try shooting it!!
(Trial End)

(Cutscene)
(Exhausted, the party stand around the unconscious De Ragan)
--Karen: I think it's weak enough that we should be safe... for a little while at least. Quickly, we have to get to that Relics site now.
(The party turns and scrambles for the area exit. As they flee, the De Ragan weakly lifts it's head to fire off one final fire ball at the group. It lands behind Ethan, sending him tumbling through the air)
--Karen: Ethan!
(Ethan, groaning, pulls himself to his feet and continues running)
--Ethan: I-I'm okay! Just keep going!
(End Cutscene)

Raffon Meadow: Block E-3
---------------------------------------
(Scene: Ethan, Hyuga, Karen, Dr. Dorson, Bruce)
--Ethan: *pant* *pant* Phew... We barely made it!
--Karen: Now that we've made it this far, that should be the last we'll see of the De Ragan.
--Dr. Dorson: W-We were almost killed out there! I don't know what kind of "guarding" you think you're doing for me!
--Ethan: Huh!? Why you!
--Karen: My apologies for putting you in such danger, Doctor.
--Ethan: Karen!?
--Dr. Dorson: Oh, it's all right, I suppose. What's most important is the investigation.
--Karen: Yes, let's move on. Shall we, Ethan?
--Ethan: Yeah... okay.
--Dr. Dorson: To see it with my own eyes... I'm risking everything for this!
(Parked beside the entrance to the Relics is a cargo transporter. As the party approaches, a man calls out)
--Bruce: Welcome! Hey Bro. I'll give ya a good deal. Wanna buy somethin'?
--Ethan: There's a shop here!?
--Karen: Bruce!
--Bruce: Hey babe, how ya doin?
--Karen: I told you to stop calling me that! What are you doing here?
--Bruce: I heard there were some Guardians comin' to check out the RELICS site. I came here for the Archaeology team, too. They looked really low on stocks!
--Ethan: Karen... Who is this?
--Bruce: What's the matter kid, you ain't never heard of me? I'm Bruce Boyde. Wherever the Guardians go, I’m there to provide support, Y'know, for a fee...
--Ethan: What? So you're here to make money is what you're saying!
--Bruce: Well, coming here I'm riskin' my life. Gotta get some kind of compensation for that, right? All kinds of monsters hang out at the RELICS site now. Y'got all your supplies in order?
--Karen: I should ask you the same thing!
(End Scene)

(Talk to Bruce)
--Bruce: RELICS sites are more dangerous than you think. Make sure you take extra care!
--Ethan: Okay, Big Shot...

Raffon Relics: Block A-1
-----------------------------------
--Ethan: What is this place?
--Hyuga: So this is a RELICS site! I can't believe that there's something like this right under Parum!
--Karen: RELICS are a bit of a mystery. There's not a lot of information out there about them. I've never seen anything like this, in fact.
--Dr. Dorson (thinking): Aaaaaaah!
--Karen: What is it? Doctor!
--Dr. Dorson (thinking): M-Magnificent! This site is completely intact! I've never seen anything preserved to this extent! This is the most pristine example I've seen in all my years of study!
(Dr. Dorson breaks away from the group and runs further into the RELICS)
--Hyuga: He sure is excited.
--Ethan: Yeah, I hope he doesn't wet himself.
--Dr. Dorson: There may even be fully intact Stateria here, too!
--Ethan: Stateria?
--Karen: I've only seen them mentioned in old books. Inside these RELICS there are said to be immense humanoid figures... Stateria are weapons created by an ancient civilization to wage war.
--Ethan: Like battle machinery?
--Hyuga: Ah, I believe I heard about them during a class on ancient history. I thought they were only a legend, though.
--Karen: I did, too.
--Ethan: Hm, Stateria...
--Dr. Dorson: Hey! What are you doing? Hurry up!
(Dr. Dorson runs off)
--Karen: Please wait, Doctor! It's dangerous to go alone!
(End Scene)

(Attempt to move on without finding the Doctor)
--Karen: Hey! Are you planning to leave the doctor here?

(Follow the Doctor to a dead end)
--Karen: It looks like we can't go any further.
--Dr. Dorson: All right, the next is over there. Let's go!
(The Doctor begins to run off again, but Karen stops him)
--Karen: Hold on, Doctor.
--Dr. Dorson: What?
--Karen: I understand you're excited, but please stay close to us! Have you forgotten about the disappearance of the previous research team?
--Dr. Dorson: Yes, you're right. Sorry. Please take the lead, if you will.
(End Scene)

(Fight through Raffon Relics Blocks A-2 and A-3)

Raffon Relics: Block B-1
(Cutscene)
(The group walks down a long hallway lined with large statue-like objects)
--Ethan: What kind of a place is this? Woah! Look at these statues!
--Dr. Dorson: They're Stateria.
--Ethan: Stateria?
--Dr. Dorson: I don't know all the details, but these were guardians of the Relics sites.
--Ethan: C'mon... Are you saying that these things could actually move around and fight?
--Dr. Dorson: Exactly. Why do you assume that ancient civilizations used primitive technology?
--Ethan: I don't know... 'cause they're old?
--Dr. Dorson: If you study the Relics, you'll learn that the ancients were far more advanced than we are. The only problem is... after all this time, we still don't have any idea how such an advanced civilization was destroyed.
(A Golmoro suddenly drops before Ethan and the Doctor, who falls backwards).
--Dr. Dorson: Wha...! Aaah!
--Karen & Hyuga: Doctor!
--Dr. Dorson: H-Help me!
(Ethan draws his saber and swings at the creature which jumps back to avoid the blow)
--Karen: Ethan, look out!
(End Cutscene)
(After defeating the monsters)
--Karen: Are you all right, Doctor?
--Dr. Dorson: Don't worry about this. It's nothing. Let's move on. Perhaps we'll find what I've been looking for ahead.
--Karen: ...

Raffon Relics: Block B-2
(If you try to exit to Area C-1 before fighting the Stateria)
--Dr. Dorson: Shouldn't we check this block out a bit more?

(Cutscene)
--Ethan: Hey... Do you get the feeling... that something's a little... different here?
--Hyuga: Really? I don't see anything strange.
--Karen: No, there's certainly something. It's almost like... there's some other presence.
--Dr. Dorson: ...
(A powerful rumbling knocks the party to the ground)
--Ethan: !?
(A stateria awakens, and begins lumbering towards the party)
--Ethan: Huh! I don't believe it. It's moving...
(End Cutscene)

(Trial Start)
--Hyuga (shouting): This guy is tough!
--Karen (shouting): If you get behind him, he can't block!
--Karen: Their guard is down!
(Defeat Svaltus)
(Trial End)

(Cutscene)
(The Svaltus in engulfed in explosions, and in it's destruction - a small spherical object is ejected and rolls to Dr. Dorson's feet)
--Dr. Dorson: !! I... I don't believe it?!
(Dr. Dorson picks up the spherical object)
--Dr. Dorson: ... How is this possible?! How is this possible?!
--Karen: Doctor, what's the matter?
(The Doctor falls to his knees sobbing)
--Dr. Dorsen: I have... I've made a terrible mistake!
--Karen: What are you talking about??
--Dr. Dorson: Here, take a look at this.
--Karen: What is this?
--Dr. Dorson: It's an A-Photon Reactor.
--Karen: A-Photon Reactor?
--Dr. Dorson: Yes, it draws Photons from the air and transforms it into A-Photon energy.
--Hyuga: Aren't A-Photons supposed to be this great "new" energy source? How'd that get here?
--Dr. Dorson: Don't you... It was here all along. But there's a bigger problem. This proves the relics were powered by A-Photon energy!
--Hyuga: No! R-Really?!
--Karen: Doctor... Earlier... You said you were an archaeologist. But how is it that you recognize this device?
--Dr. Dorson: Because it is my job. My real job. I'm sorry for hiding this from you earlier. But believe me, it was necessary. My real name is Warren Daren, an A-Photon scientist. 20 years ago, a sphere identical to this one was brought before me. That's when I succeeded in producing the first A-Photon. I was so convinced that this new energy was the way of the future. But look at this device. A-Photons aren't the way of the future, but of the past! It had already been discovered centuries ago... Do you understand what this means? The ancient civilization that first developed A-Photons perished! And now, I... I have damned our own civilization to the same fate.
(Just then, several more Strateria activate and begin advancing towards the party)
--Karen: Ethan, get the doctor out of here! Hyuga and I will try to hold these things off!
--Ethan: Got it!
(Ethan and Dr. Daren flee)
(End Cutscene)

(Fight or flee your way through block B-3)

Raffon Relics: Block A-1
(Cutscene)
(Ethan and the doctor walk to the edge of a platform. The only way across is a series of stepping stones levitating in the air above a deep chasm)
--Ethan: Ooooh ho ho boy!
(Ethan tentatively steps on one of the stepping stones, which doesn't shift or move)
--Ethan: Good, it feels stable enough! Shall we go, Doc?
--Dr. Daren: What?!
(Ethan begins clumsily leaping from stone to stone until he reaches the other side. The doctor hesitates for a few moments, frightened)
--Dr. Daren: Well... It looks like I have no choice...
(The doctor begins slowly, and skittishly crossing the stones, nearly loosing his balance on every one)
--Dr. Daren: Ahhh!
--Ethan: You got it Doc! Keep going!
(As the doctor steps on the last stone, it shifts under his weight, toppling the doctor over)
--Dr. Daren: Ah!
--Ethan: Doc!
(Ethan dives for the doctor who has grabbed the ledge and begins to pull him up, but the reactor plummets into the void)
--Dr. Daren: The reactor!!!
--Ethan: Forget the reactor!
(End Cutscene)

--Ethan: There's nothing we can do, Doctor. We gotta go!
--Dr. Daren: A...aah...

(Exit the Relics)

(Cutscene)
(Ethan and Daren rush out of the Relics, gasping for breath. Suddenly, they are confronted with by a blinding wall of light. A tall and imposing CAST stands before them surrounded by armed CAST bodyguards)
--Magashi: I've been looking for you... Dr. Daren.
--Dr. Daren: M-Magashi!!
--Magashi: Now, shall we return home?
--Dr. Daren: I'll never go back with you! I refuse to be your slave any more! I'm going to reveal the evil truth and expose you. Y-You're finished!
--Magashi: I will not ask again. We are returning home now, Doctor.
--Dr. Daren: I said never!
--Ethan: Back off! The doctor is under the GUARDIANS' protection.
--Magashi: Heh... How well would you pitiful GUARDIANS fare against us? Goodbye Doctor...
(Megashi's eye's grow wide as he activates the nano-machines in Dr. Daren's bloodstream)
--Dr. Daren: Ugh! Arrrgh!
(The doctor falls in pain. Ethan catches his and cradles the doctor in his last moments)
--Ethan: Doctor? Doctor, what's wrong?! Doctor! You! What did you do?!
--Magashi: Heh heh heh heh. There are nano-machines running through his veins. I merely activated their self-destruct sequence.
--Dr. Daren: Listen to me... You must stop them... Otherwise... they will... destroy the world...
(Dr. Daren collapses, dead, in Ethan's arms)
--Ethan: Doctor?! Doctor!! Doctor!!!!
(Karen and Hyuga rush out of the Relics to join Ethan)
--Karen: Ethan!
--Ethan: The doctor... He's been murdered!
--Karen: Doctor...
--Magashi: Now, if you'll be so kind as to hand over his body.
(Karen steps to confront Magashi)
--Karen: I am Karen Erra, a Guardian. The doctor was under our protection. Who are you and what are you doing here?
--Magashi: I am Renvolt Magashi, of the Endrum Collective. The rest I'm afraid is classified.
--Karen: What are Endrum agents doing here, out of jurisdiction?
--Magashi: You ask too many questions. The doctor's already paid for his folly. If you value your life, forget this ever happened.
--Karen: So, should I take that as a threat?
--Magashi: Heh heh. No, a promise. Don't make any rash decisions. These Relics are now under the control of the Endum Collective. Leave this place at once!
--Ethan: Why you...!!
(Ethan rushed forward to strike Magashi, but Karen holds him back)
--Karen: Ethan, no!
--Magashi: I do not wish to cause any further problems. I will tell headquarters that you helped us in our search, today. That should be sufficient.
--Karen: Thank you. It's appreciated.
--Ethan: Karen!
--Magashi: Now, take your team and leave here at once.
(End Cutscene)

(Cutscene)
(The G-Flyer soars through the twilight sky)
--Ethan: Why Karen?!
--Karen: Because otherwise they would have killed us.
--Ethan: What do you mean?! Aren't we all on the same side?!
--Karen: The Endrum Collective isn't just another organization. They have the authority to keep the public peace. And, I need to keep us all alive to fight.
--Ethan: Just cause he's a CAST... is that supposed to...
--Karen: All right, that's enough, Ethan!
--Hyuga: We're still no better off. We don't know what they're planning to do next. Now that the doctor's dead, we might never know the entire truth.
(Dr. Daren's final words echo in Ethan's mind)
--Dr. Daren: Listen to me... You must stop them... Otherwise... they will... destroy the world...
(The G-Flyer streaks off into the distant clouds)
(End Cutscene)

(Ending Cinema)

Chapter 4 Preview
------------------------
--Narrator: Ethan and his companions are assigned to protect a train on Parum, and are newly joined by training Headmaster Lucaim Nav. A dark shadow draws up over the train as it races across the fields. Will Ethan and his companions be able to carry out their duty? Next time, on Phantasy Star Universe: Rouges.

Alternate Episode 4 Preview
--Ethan: Damnit, it's no use!
--Karen: Ethan, you can handle it!
--Ethan: Ugh...
--Hyuga: Karen! Ethan's not going to make it.
--Karen: Almost there... Just hold on a little more.
--Ethan: Oooohh....
--Hyuga: Who would have thought that Ethan would get motion sickness from this?
--Karen: Guess I'll just have to find some way to stop the train.
--Hyuga: Ethan's not going to be able to guard anything, nauseous as he is. Hey! The train stopped.
--Karen: There you go, Ethan. How do you feel?
--Ethan: Oooh! I'm saved!
--Hyuga: Why did the train stop anyway?
--Karen: It's that Rouge!
--Tylor: ...Tylor. Ha ha ha! Next up on Phantasy Star Universe: Rouges! You need to be stronger Ethan, and remember your lines!
--Hyuga: Ethan, he just stole your moment!
--Ethan: Damnit...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-09-19 14:43 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 19, 2007, 10:16 PM
You're doing a very nice job of breaking this all out. Keep in mind that occasionally something that's in the text will be different from what is actually spoken by voice actors so you may want to note those points as well.

Sinue_v2
Sep 19, 2007, 11:25 PM
I have. The thing is that adding in the alternate text could make the resulting script even more jumbled or awkward to read. So I've mainly stuck to the captioning, since the difference in spoken dialog and the captions are few and usually off by only a few words anyhow. They aren't substantial changes that reflect differences in events or characters. So I tend to add in spoken dialog when it's presented as additions to the written text, and drop when it it's deviations. Changes like that are often made by the actors on the spot anyhow, and therefor I consider them less connonitical.